Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:30:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One in one out...  (Read 17514 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: One in one out...
« Reply #30 on August 20, 2018, 06:36:23 pm by Ldr »
Some shithouse midfielder who's not afraid to stick the boot in when necessary and another striker and we'll be right up there, imo.

Alan Little?? OK maybe slightly past h[s peak?

Still would be an upgrade

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 20, 2018, 06:39:26 pm by craigdrfc »
Could the ‘one in’ be Romario Vieira??

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 20, 2018, 06:46:11 pm by steve@dcfd »
Could the ‘one in’ be Romario Vieira??

Well I hope not he was said to be for the development team.

So I’m expected far better who will push any of the middle three I hope he is left footed.

leedshayter

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 20, 2018, 07:27:07 pm by leedshayter »
John dooooolan

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 20, 2018, 07:56:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
I hope the 'one in' is in the bag, then, and will be fit and available for selection tomorrow night?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 20, 2018, 08:01:57 pm by Campsall rover »
I was thinking John Doolan or Gary Brabin but on further consideration they may just be past their peak now. Only just.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 20, 2018, 08:36:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I can see sense in it. However we now lack defensive back up imo.  Luke Would have helped that.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 20, 2018, 08:40:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
I can see sense in it. However we now lack defensive back up imo.  Luke Would have helped that.

Can agree but he would not want to be here to be 4th in line defender and possibly 3rd in line defensive midfielder so for him this gives him games.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 20, 2018, 11:47:52 pm by dickos1 »
If we’re getting rid of Luke and bringing in another attacking midfielder then ive no idea why.
We’re already overloaded with attacking midfielders but short of centre backs, full backs, defensive midfielders and strikers.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 21, 2018, 12:37:39 am by aidanstu »
I’m guessing the one in will be Romario Viera. I’m basing that on GM’s comments that he would be delayed by two weeks or so, the fact he is a CM.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 21, 2018, 03:18:03 am by scawsby steve »
  We don't want too many injuries of central defenders, I thought he was our get out of jail card in that area.
  I also thought  he would be the one other clubs would want, and because of the time here, probably one of the high earners, which may help with a quality loan player in.

When he played centre half 3 seasons ago, he played us into jail most of the time.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 21, 2018, 06:09:32 am by roversdude »
 :that:.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 21, 2018, 06:20:56 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I’m guessing the one in will be Romario Viera. I’m basing that on GM’s comments that he would be delayed by two weeks or so, the fact he is a CM.

He said it's a loan.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 21, 2018, 09:10:33 am by RedJ »
  We don't want too many injuries of central defenders, I thought he was our get out of jail card in that area.
  I also thought  he would be the one other clubs would want, and because of the time here, probably one of the high earners, which may help with a quality loan player in.

When he played centre half 3 seasons ago, he played us into jail most of the time.

Still better than Reece "search my own name on twitter and block anyone who criticises me" Wabara.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 21, 2018, 02:59:59 pm by scawsby steve »

Still better than Reece "search my own name on twitter and block anyone who criticises me" Wabara.

I said to lots of people at the time, and got slagged off for it, that Wabara and Evina were 2 of the worse full backs I'd ever seen at Rovers; and on the occasions when they played together, Wabara, McCullough, Butler(who was badly off-form at the time), and Evina, were one of the worse back fours I'd ever seen.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 21, 2018, 03:03:12 pm by wabtec »
I wonder when we will get to know who the one in is, do we have to wait for FREE PRESS thursday again?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 21, 2018, 03:10:09 pm by RoversAlias »

I said to lots of people at the time, and got slagged off for it, that Wabara and Evina were 2 of the worse full backs I'd ever seen at Rovers; and on the occasions when they played together, Wabara, McCullough, Butler(who was badly off-form at the time), and Evina, were one of the worse back fours I'd ever seen.

Our form at the time suggests you might be right in that assertion Steve.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 21, 2018, 04:36:27 pm by RedJ »
Imagine Denis Souza coming off the bench into that... Christ.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 21, 2018, 04:42:57 pm by scawsby steve »
Imagine Denis Souza coming off the bench into that... Christ.

And just compare that lot with the league winning back 4 of Quinn, Jones, McCombe, and Spurr. My God, what a back 4 that was.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 21, 2018, 05:58:23 pm by andyst79 »

Butler wasn't off form he just had to cover for the other 3

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 21, 2018, 06:37:29 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well, we got the one out at least!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 21, 2018, 10:47:33 pm by RedJ »
Is it in yet?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 21, 2018, 11:05:05 pm by Lesonthewest »
It should be 1 out 3 in, not enough quality in our side to take us to the play-offs, not on tonights showing anyway.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 21, 2018, 11:33:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
Totally agree, Les. We were well short tonight and we floundered once the energy levels died (which I think this system depends heavily on).

We are Definately not a top 6 side, based on that performance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 21, 2018, 11:44:45 pm by dickos1 »
But were we a top 6 side against Scunthorpe?

You can’t go from game to game changing your opinion on how good we are. There’s 46 games and we’re going to be poor some games and excellent others.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 21, 2018, 11:47:54 pm by Alan Southstand »
That is why I qualified my statement by saying 'based on that performance'. Read it man.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 21, 2018, 11:54:23 pm by dickos1 »
I know, that’s my point you can’t say we’re not good enough on that performance. One game means naff all.
We will play much worse than that this season, doesn’t mean we aren’t good enough for the top 6

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 22, 2018, 12:02:40 am by Alan Southstand »
Maybe not yet!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 22, 2018, 12:23:32 am by dickos1 »
So what’s the point in saying it now if you’re admitting it’s too early to be stating it

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 22, 2018, 12:30:48 am by Bristol Red Rover »
We are top 6. Are you saying we're cheating?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012