Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:21:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCullough's a tranny  (Read 6803 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
McCullough's a tranny
« on August 20, 2018, 08:12:44 pm by esdailles left foot »
Thank God someone finally realises he's cack. Mr Blundell will sort you out

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: McCullough's a tranny
« Reply #1 on August 20, 2018, 08:16:14 pm by Campsall rover »
What are you talking about?

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 20, 2018, 08:32:25 pm by Branton Rover »
Luke has gone to Tranmere until 2/1/19 - he’s a very accomplished footballer who needs games - a good move as long as we get someone in

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 20, 2018, 08:33:12 pm by esdailles left foot »
What are you talking about?

Apology accepted

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 20, 2018, 08:40:15 pm by German Rover »

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy/staff/gregg-blundell

He's at Liverpool these days.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 20, 2018, 08:40:44 pm by Campsall rover »
Well I have been at the Cricket at Scarborough all day so didn’t know about Luke going to Tranmere.
Surprised to be honest as i thought we may need him as the games come thick and fast Sat,Tues,Sat,Tues.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 20, 2018, 08:45:54 pm by GazLaz »
It will be interesting to see if he plays in midfield or defence. I don’t think he’s a midfielder, he will be a good centre half in that division.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 20, 2018, 08:49:27 pm by IDM »
I think he is a better midfielder, very accomplished on the ball, perhaps lacking only in pace..

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 20, 2018, 08:49:44 pm by pib »
Don't think he's quite good enough in either position to nail down a place for us.

Hopefully this means someone better is coming in.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 20, 2018, 08:51:03 pm by mushRTID »
Don't think he's quite good enough in either position to nail down a place for us.

Agree I think he’s 55% defender, 45% midfielder and that’s his problem. Not good enough at either for L1.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 20, 2018, 08:52:52 pm by Campsall rover »
I think he is a better midfielder, very accomplished on the ball, perhaps lacking only in pace..
Agreed, far better as a defensive midfielder than he is at centre back.
He showed that with us. Without question in my mind.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 20, 2018, 08:53:58 pm by drfchound »

Agree I think he’s 55% defender, 45% midfielder and that’s his problem. Not good enough at either for L1.

Strange though that his country think he is good enough for the National squad.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 20, 2018, 08:54:49 pm by mushRTID »

Is it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 20, 2018, 08:56:13 pm by drfchound »

Is it?

Well yes Mush.
International football is better than L1 standard, don’t you think.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 20, 2018, 08:57:45 pm by mushRTID »
A little bit irrelevant, what if their squad is L2 standard?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 20, 2018, 08:58:24 pm by drfchound »
A little bit irrelevant, what if their squad is L2 standard?

Do you think it is.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 20, 2018, 08:59:49 pm by mushRTID »
I don’t know their squad well enough to comment, but I wasn’t the one who brought international football into it.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 20, 2018, 09:00:56 pm by pib »

Is it?

Well yes Mush.
International football is better than L1 standard, don’t you think.

I'd fancy Rovers to beat San Marino or Gibraltar.

Northern Ireland also have players from Burton, Bradford, Blackpool, and Oldham in their squad. Does that mean those players should all be playing in the PL because they're good enough for international level?

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 20, 2018, 09:02:37 pm by phil old leake »
I hope he's going to get games. Personally I rate him.  He's been unlucky with injuries and it looks like he's too defensive or the new manager
I hope he comes back in January raring to go and playing his best again

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 20, 2018, 09:10:37 pm by drfchound »
I don’t know their squad well enough to comment, but I wasn’t the one who brought international football into it.

Their squad has plenty of players who are with PL and Championship clubs.
I brought International football into it because NI obviously think Luke is a good player.

As for San Marino or Gibraltar, maybe we would beat them but don’t forget that they would play with ten men behind the ball and those teams only lose four or five nil against some of the International teams in recent years as they have got better organised.

Pib, why do you suggest that I think that players with such clubs as Bradford or Blackpool should be playing in the PL?
I have not mentioned anything like that.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 09:16:14 pm by drfchound »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 20, 2018, 09:14:59 pm by pib »

As for San Marino or Gibraltar, maybe we would beat them but don’t forget that they would play with ten men behind the ball and those teams only lose four or five nil against some of the top International teams in recent years as they have got better organised.

Pib, why do you suggest that I think that players with such clubs as Bradford or Blackpool should be playing in the PL?

Exaggerating your point that because he plays at international "level*" apparently that automatically makes him good enough. It can't be that hard to work out surely?

*There's no such thing as international "level" - if you have a good pool of players then your level is high, and if you have a very limited pool of players then your level is considerably lower. Hence the point about Gibraltar etc.

No disrespect meant to Northern Ireland who have punched quite significantly above their weight in recent years, but it's a misnomer to say that if you play at international level you must be good enough at a certain level of club football. Especially when you are a bit-part player for a relatively low quality international side.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 20, 2018, 09:47:34 pm by esdailles left foot »
Well done Gregg. Boyhood  reds fan.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 20, 2018, 09:52:56 pm by drfchound »

As for San Marino or Gibraltar, maybe we would beat them but don’t forget that they would play with ten men behind the ball and those teams only lose four or five nil against some of the top International teams in recent years as they have got better organised.

Exaggerating your point that because he plays at international "level*" apparently that automatically makes him good enough. It can't be that hard to work out surely?

*There's no such thing as international "level" - if you have a good pool of players then your level is high, and if you have a very limited pool of players then your level is considerably lower. Hence the point about Gibraltar etc.

No disrespect meant to Northern Ireland who have punched quite significantly above their weight in recent years, but it's a misnomer to say that if you play at international level you must be good enough at a certain level of club football. Especially when you are a bit-part player for a relatively low quality international side.

Yeah, well if you say so.
I am not getting into a petty squabble with you but clearly NI are much better than San Marino or Gibraltar and they think Luke is good enough to be in their squad.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 20, 2018, 09:55:58 pm by pib »

Yeah, well if you say so.
I am not getting into a petty squabble with you but clearly NI are much better than San Marino or Gibraltar and they think Luke is good enough to be in their squad.

It's not a petty squabble. It's a debate. You raised the point about being an international. I happen to disagree that it's meaningful, but that's life.

Good luck to Luke but if we can get someone in of decent quality, it won't hurt us to lose him IMO.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 20, 2018, 09:58:13 pm by drfchound »
How much do you charge for a ten minute argument?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 20, 2018, 10:12:14 pm by IDM »
That was never ten minutes.!

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 20, 2018, 10:46:25 pm by TheFunk »
With Butler already nearing a suspension and gambling on only 3 centre backs seems a bit foolish to me. We got lucky last season with our centre back crisis happening in January.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 21, 2018, 08:46:07 am by drfchound »
I wonder what the odds are on Butler getting carded again tonight.
That would be five in five matches and a suspension of course.

Maybe someone will know whether any player has ever done that before, especially from the start of a season.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 21, 2018, 08:50:58 am by Donnywolf »
I was told that the Cards only apply to the Competitions they were "awarded" in

So the Scunny EFL Cup for instance ... so will count only in that

League games though are 3 in a Row !

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 21, 2018, 08:53:27 am by The Red Baron »
I wonder what the odds are on Butler getting carded again tonight.
That would be five in five matches and a suspension of course.

Maybe someone will know whether any player has ever done that before, especially from the start of a season.

I understand that the yellow he picked up in the Carabao Cup only counts for that competition. I seem to remember when Paul Dickov was at Leicester City he got booked in the first five games of one season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012