Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 02:37:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Signing  (Read 6052 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: New Signing
« Reply #30 on August 24, 2018, 09:17:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
Totally agreed, Dickos. One man's water is another man's wine! Grant has faith in the lad and it's my guess Fatty doesn't and, perhaps, the feeling might be mutual.

It's a chance for him to a) play games and b) maybe impress the powers that be at our Club.

Until we see him perform, none of us are able to form an opinion. If he scores the winner tomorrow, there won't be many complaining!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 24, 2018, 09:30:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Different managers get the best out of different players. It’s as simple as that. Most players who are Professional footballers are professional footballers for a reason. They have considerable ability.
Getting them to use that ability is what man management is about.
Something I think GM has got and DF was sadly lacking in. Just my opinion of course.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 24, 2018, 09:43:30 pm by pib »
Evans changes his squad more than he changes his kegs so I wouldn't read too much into him getting rid.

If he's still in charge at Posh this time next year I bet by then he's shipped out half of the 736 players they brought in this summer.

Let's see what this fella has got to offer. He's got age on his side and GM obviously feels he's got more to offer than McCullough or he wouldn't have made the move.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 24, 2018, 10:58:23 pm by Pancho Regan »
Totally agreed, Dickos. One man's water is another man's wine! Grant has faith in the lad and it's my guess Fatty doesn't and, perhaps, the feeling might be mutual.

It's a chance for him to a) play games and b) maybe impress the powers that be at our Club.

Until we see him perform, none of us are able to form an opinion. If he scores the winner tomorrow, there won't be many complaining!

Alan Southstand in positive comment shock.......

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 24, 2018, 11:00:18 pm by the vicar »
I hope he does well for us I really do but I smell a fish , but I live in hope

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 24, 2018, 11:01:43 pm by Pancho Regan »

Another doom monger

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 24, 2018, 11:13:21 pm by pib »
Had a brief read of a couple of Peterborough forums earlier to get a sense.

It seems like he had a purple patch a couple of years ago where he looked unplayable, but hasn't been quite the same since a couple of bad injuries.

Hopefully he'll get a new lease of life here and his talent will shine through.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 24, 2018, 11:36:23 pm by RoversAlias »
I might be wrong but I get the impression this might be the type of signing that we look to make permanent in January if he does well. Good age but out of favour at Peterborough, probably won't cost a bomb.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 25, 2018, 12:04:16 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I'm beginning to think your glass is just more than half full! Come on admit it, you're optimistic! 😀

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 25, 2018, 12:04:48 am by RedJ »
If he is no good for them what makes him think he is any good for us

That's the equivalent of steering clear of a lass you like the look of cos she got chucked by someone in the past really. f**k me, why do we have to moan about every bas**rd signing before they even kick a ball?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 25, 2018, 01:23:27 am by the vicar »

That's the equivalent of steering clear of a lass you like the look of cos she got chucked by someone in the past really. f**k me, why do we have to moan about every bas**rd signing before they even kick a ball?
will you get off my back you silly little keyboard numpty everytime I come on here with a opinion you dive on me from a great hight I'm getting sick of you you loud mouth

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 25, 2018, 08:50:18 am by drfchound »

Another doom monger

Fish monger, surely.

darren61

« Reply #42 on August 25, 2018, 09:06:21 am by darren61 »

Another doom monger

Fish monger, surely.
   :thumbsup: Ive got a painful toothache been up most of the night feeling sorry for myself, but that comment cheered me up no end!

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 25, 2018, 10:37:13 am by Bollinger »
Evans changes his squad more than he changes his kegs so I wouldn't read too much into him getting rid.

If he's still in charge at Posh this time next year I bet by then he's shipped out half of the 736 players they brought in this summer.

Let's see what this fella has got to offer. He's got age on his side and GM obviously feels he's got more to offer than McCullough or he wouldn't have made the move.

Totally understand the point you're making pib about Fatty Evans and his ludicrous turnover of players, but he looks like someone who only ever changes his kegs;
 a. when he is in court or in front of an FA disciplinary hearing, and
 b. on the evening of his wedding anniversary.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 25, 2018, 10:56:21 am by Bentley Bullet »
He's been known on occasions to remove them so they can be used to cover the pitch in frosty conditions.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 25, 2018, 11:49:56 am by RedJ »

will you get off my back you silly little keyboard numpty everytime I come on here with a opinion you dive on me from a great hight I'm getting sick of you you loud mouth

Sorry, on another thread it's nothing to do with me what you are or aren't, yet now you're getting personal with me cos I happen to have a different opinion to you? are you not also one of these people who whines about people supposedly not being allowed a say? :laugh:

f**king get over yourself, if I see someone's opinion I disagree with I'll respond to it, couldn't give a f**k if it's you or anyone else on here. Don't flatter yourself.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 25, 2018, 11:56:11 am by Alan Southstand »
Quote from: Alan Southstand on August 24, 2018, 09:17:38 PM

I'm beginning to think your glass is just more than half full! Come on admit it, you're optimistic! 😀

Don't get too excited, DBR, as with all my posts, I say it as I see it. How people want to interpret them is another thing entirely.

I can't complain about how the manager has used the loan market, as I have banged on about the requirements in midfield for long enough! It seems the manager and me are on the same page - what can I say?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 25, 2018, 01:08:04 pm by scawsby steve »
This thread has been a bit tetchy with a few people; come on lads, we're all Rovers fans.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 25, 2018, 02:53:57 pm by idler »
He's been known on occasions to remove them so they can be used to cover the pitch in frosty conditions.
It didn't go down well when he removed them in the Bradford City changing rooms area a few years ago.😳

TinyPortal © 2005-2012