Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 08:13:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Peterborough game.  (Read 4817 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Peterborough game.
« on August 29, 2018, 08:50:34 am by selby »
   On last night's showing, there cannot be a lot to say about what team  will play on Saturday, most of the team that played last night should be nowhere near the first team  after an abject display, most of them are just not good enough on that showing.
  Peterborough are beating everyone up, with more than one or two players scoring goals, and to get anything out of the game we will have to show resolve and a better attitude to doing our job on the field.
  Grant is going back to his old club, but "Fatty" has brought in 18 players this season, so it will be a different club that has been turned around since he was there.
   We will be up against it, and will have to be at our very best to get anything out of the game, we are capable of doing so, but anything resembling last nights show and we will get hammered.
     What would your team be?
     Who would be on the bench?
     Are you going?
      Much to be discussed, Please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Peterborough game.
« Reply #1 on August 29, 2018, 09:18:37 am by RedJ »
I'm going but not expecting anything. Not looking forward to seeing Evans' fat arse jiggling about.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 29, 2018, 09:50:30 am by Scooter »
I’m going and would expect to see a very different line up to last night. Hopefully he puts Marko straight back in. No doubt returns for Butler, Kane, Marquis. May has earned a start so it’s between copps and wilks for the last spot

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 29, 2018, 09:53:42 am by NickDRFC »
First game of the season for me so on the one hand very excited, on the other not expecting much. There will still (I expect) be 5 or 6 starters from last night - Andrew, Wright, Mason, Rowe, Whiteman and potentially May, so they’ll have to play significantly better to give us any chance of a result.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 29, 2018, 10:08:28 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I'm going but not expecting anything. Not looking forward to seeing Evans' fat arse jiggling about.

think you ought to start packing your suitcase in a couple of years & support another club.

with Hind-sight ..  History has already shown us twice in succession the key credential to manage Rovers is to be a former Peterborough Manager     :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 29, 2018, 10:47:58 am by steve@dcfd »
Let’s be fair now after last night if fit nine are shoe ins
Marosi
Mason
Wright
Butler
Andrew
Whiteman
Kane
Marquis
Wilkes.

Now the other two come from the nearly men so far this season.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 29, 2018, 10:56:15 am by 5minstogo »
I presume Rowe coming off was due to him playing on Saturday.

For me it's got to be,

Marosi
Mason
Wright
Butler
Andrew
Kane
Whiteman
Rowe
May
Marquis
Wilkes

Obviously depending how fit/match ready this potential new signing is.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 29, 2018, 11:12:58 am by sedwardsdrfc »
What new potential sigining? are you on about Anderson

Kane already has a massive influence on the team and getting us playing with him coming back in it'll raise the other players level no doubt

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 29, 2018, 11:48:08 am by 5minstogo »
McCann said last night there is a possibility of a new loan signing before the deadline. A player who'll get fans off their seats apparently.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 29, 2018, 11:49:51 am by 5minstogo »
Correction - a new signing, could potentially be a free agent I guess.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 29, 2018, 12:30:52 pm by The Red Baron »
McCann said last night there is a possibility of a new loan signing before the deadline. A player who'll get fans off their seats apparently.

I actually think that's an unfortunate turn of phrase. People might be getting off their seats to tell McCann to take the player off!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 29, 2018, 12:42:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
For me, there's no guarantee for Rowe and Copps in the starting line up.

Many said Rowe would be better in a central position and was being played out of position. A left footer playing on the left side is not out of position for me. Anyway, first few games he was probably more involved and contributed throughout the 90 mins.

In recent games he's gone back to having spells which we can't afford especially in a midfield 3. Is he injured or just can't keep the intensity up?

It's fair to say, Whiteman & Kane are certainties and Marquis & Wilks are certainties up front so that leaves 2 places up for grabs between

Rowe
Blair
Copps
May
Taylor
Anderson
Beestin
Khemis
Or A N Other new fella

Does May deserve the call based on his goal?

I don't think Blair has done much wrong in showing attacking intent but where do you play him. Front 3?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 12:44:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 29, 2018, 12:58:59 pm by RoversAlias »
Can't be dropping May, he started on Saturday and did a decent job, then was MOTM last night.

I'd be reverting to the team which started the Portsmouth game, give or take Blair going out in favour of either Rowe or Coppinger.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 29, 2018, 01:09:59 pm by dickos1 »
I know he probably won’t, and I’ve never thought this before. But I think 4-4-2 might suit us with these players.
Kane and whiteman are good enough to play on their own in the middle and it gives us the opportunity to play with Blair and Rowe on the wing or copps and wilks.
And let marquis and may play together up front.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 29, 2018, 01:50:54 pm by graingrover »
I would not play Rowe until he is fit so that he can influence the game let alone the team , as captain
If Copps is fit he must be there to influence Whiteman and Kane positively in midfield .I would play Wilks Kiwomya and Blair as front three with Marquis dropping off them and a surging from midfield rather than running lost causes on the flanks.
I have seen every game except last night and think the speed out of defense was our bright start not the hopeful ball up to Marquis we have since  resorted  to.

Envoyé de mon EVA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 29, 2018, 01:59:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I would go with a set up that allows a fluid switch between 442 and 433.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 29, 2018, 02:06:53 pm by Chris Black come back »
Marquis, Wilks and Taylor up front.

Doubt Taylor can last full game so swap him for Copps.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 29, 2018, 02:16:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Said above nine if fit pick themselves. So who are the last two.
Assuming Peterborough Loanee can’t play.
So far who have been the best of the rest.

May ( will GM go for a third striker up front)
Copps. (don’t want to see him on the left of a three better on the right or behind front two)
Rowe ( Could play left of front three or left of middle three he does not have influence on the game like last year, but not 100% this season, has a goal in him)
Blair (energetic good runs forward passing let him down adds energy to the middle three when Kane goes left)
Taylor ( I know he has a good previous record and he’s got a shot and goal in him he was going to start last Saturday but not seen enough for me yet)

So if Anderson Loanee is not available it’s  1 from 2 for the middle three.(Blair or Rowe)
Then 1 from 5 for the attacking three.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 02:19:03 pm by steve@dcfd »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 29, 2018, 03:36:29 pm by dickos1 »
I would go with a set up that allows a fluid switch between 442 and 433.

That’s how we’ve played all season so far

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 29, 2018, 04:33:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
May should start after scoring Tuesday hopefully he can get on a hot streak, same forward line as Saturday for me. The only change to Saturdays team for me would be Rowe for Blair if Rowe is 100% but GM said he needed managing so tuesday saturday might be too much for him

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 29, 2018, 04:37:45 pm by selby »
  The way Taylor has performed up to press this season he would struggle to get a start at Armthorpe.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 29, 2018, 06:23:39 pm by roversdude »
Worryingly 3 out of our first choice back 4 were playing last night. I don’t think any had a terrible game but it just didn’t work. However they were exposed by a woeful midfield display

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 29, 2018, 06:25:53 pm by dickos1 »
  The way Taylor has performed up to press this season he would struggle to get a start at Armthorpe.

Very harsh, he played well against scunny when he came on that the only time I’ve seen him. But nobody seemed to have played well last night

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 29, 2018, 07:23:26 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Many said Rowe would be better in a central position and was being played out of position. A left footer playing on the left side is not out of position for me. Anyway, first few games he was probably more involved and contributed throughout the 90 mins.

In recent games he's gone back to having spells which we can't afford especially in a midfield 3. Is he injured or just can't keep the intensity up?

It's fair to say, Whiteman & Kane are certainties and Marquis & Wilks are certainties up front so that leaves 2 places up for grabs between

Rowe
Blair
Copps
May
Taylor
Anderson
Beestin
Khemis
Or A N Other new fella

I don't think Blair has done much wrong in showing attacking intent but where do you play him. Front 3?

Can't believe I missed Kiwomya out of that lot! Just shows how there may be an inbalance in squad right now.

Would be interesting to see how many of those you would trade if you could guarantee a 15 - 20 goal forward!?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 29, 2018, 09:27:50 pm by drfchound »

Rowe
Blair
Copps
May
Taylor
Anderson
Beestin
Khemis
Or A N Other new fella

Can't believe I missed Kiwomya out of that lot! Just shows how there may be an inbalance in squad right now.

Would be interesting to see how many of those you would trade if you could guarantee a 15 - 20 goal forward!?

You probably missed him off your list because when he has been on the pitch he has been virtually invisible.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 29, 2018, 11:13:40 pm by the vicar »
I hope not but this could be3,4,or 5 if we don't defend good enough

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 29, 2018, 11:20:11 pm by dickos1 »
We’ve defended great all season so far

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 29, 2018, 11:31:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some thought Portsmouth would rack up a score so we can't assume Peterborough will either. Discounting last night, we've defended well and been a real handful.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 30, 2018, 07:39:15 am by Alan Southstand »
We're not scoring, so we don't need many against us to equal a defeat!

I can't see us doing anything on Saturday and the way things are going, form wise, we are due a hammering. However, it's still 11 v 11, so we live in hope (more so than expectation, unfortunately).

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 30, 2018, 08:19:15 am by NickDRFC »
We're not scoring, so we don't need many against us to equal a defeat!

I can't see us doing anything on Saturday and the way things are going, form wise, we are due a hammering. However, it's still 11 v 11, so we live in hope (more so than expectation, unfortunately).

What do you mean by “form wise we’re due a hammering”? We played well last weekend against a team who had previously won every game. Do you mean Peterborough’s form? Still wouldn’t say it means we are due a hammering - we’ve conceded 1 goal in the last 3 league games.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012