Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 03:16:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Herbie Kane  (Read 15315 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Herbie Kane
« Reply #60 on November 25, 2018, 10:30:05 pm by idler »
As you say Allan he may be very short term cover due to the loan system.
I don't think that a long contract would be offered due to his age however good he is.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 25, 2018, 10:39:32 pm by dickos1 »
I’m just baffled how you can have the opinion that a player is nowhere near good enough when you’ve never seen him play

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 25, 2018, 10:48:18 pm by RedJ »
Aye. He might turn out to be total gash. But he's not even been given a chance yet.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 26, 2018, 01:53:17 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Liverpool signed him because he's a very talented footballer. He's intelligent, he can adapt his game. Ronaldo and Messi are not strikers but score goals for fun. A manager or coach worth their salt will not pigoen hole him but play him in areas that get the best out of him.

Herbie in a recent interview said he played up front as a youngster so he has the eye for goal and I think McCann is tapping into that talent.

No manager worth their salt would take their best player out of his preferred position and try him in another one

of course not .... who was it must have been Dickov ? played Copps at right back - on has was it 300th game for Rovers
 -- against Birmingham at home Rovers winning 2-0 coasting and seem to remember Copps was at fault for one of the goals maybe the first -badly out of position ? yes there was an injury crisis   

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 26, 2018, 07:54:23 am by idler »
The second and third goals both came down that flank after James Husband got caught in possession for their first.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 15, 2018, 03:39:34 pm by Copps is Magic »
As I was saying, Herbert could acore 20 goals upfront in this side this season. Defy anyone to tell me otherwise.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 15, 2018, 03:42:10 pm by dickos1 »
He will score 12-15 from midfield and we don’t lose all his other strengths like we would if he was stood upfront.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 15, 2018, 03:42:55 pm by mushRTID »
He probably could.

He could also score 15 from midfield and be much more influential on the overall team.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 15, 2018, 04:22:16 pm by Copps is Magic »
Did Ronaldo, Bale, Henry not get moved further up the pitch and still be hugely influential on the team? You can lead from anywhere.

Obviously he ran from the half-way line to close their defender down for the goal. But I really hope his finish doesn't go unnoticed, touch of an angel standing on a profiterole to glide that one over the keeper.

Talent to play as a forward.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on December 15, 2018, 04:31:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's a very intelligent cool customer. Calmed his game down a bit after his booking.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 15, 2018, 05:38:58 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
That feint he did when he dropped his shoulder but just ignored the ball allowing Copps to have it, then took it back and pinged a 50 yard ball diagonally forward into space for Crawford? Was something else.

What a player he's going to become.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 15, 2018, 05:46:13 pm by Rovers91 »
As I was saying, Herbert could acore 20 goals upfront in this side this season. Defy anyone to tell me otherwise.

Keep him in midfield he's got an all round game and too much of an influence to start moving around. He can break up play, score and pick a pass. Just a proper footballer.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on December 15, 2018, 05:55:24 pm by dickos1 »
Did Ronaldo, Bale, Henry not get moved further up the pitch and still be hugely influential on the team? You can lead from anywhere.

Obviously he ran from the half-way line to close their defender down for the goal. But I really hope his finish doesn't go unnoticed, touch of an angel standing on a profiterole to glide that one over the keeper.

If he’s scoring goals regularly from midfield, I don’t understand why anyone would suggest putting him up front.
He controls the game from midfield, wins the ball back, distributes the ball outstandingly, and to top it off he can finish.
He’s a proper box to box midfielder who can score goals,

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 15, 2018, 06:12:44 pm by NickDRFC »

They were all wingers. None had the influence he does dictating games in the middle of the park. He’s having a good run of goalscoring form but it doesn’t make your suggestion any less daft.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:22:12 pm by NickDRFC »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 15, 2018, 06:18:36 pm by drfchound »

If he’s scoring goals regularly from midfield, I don’t understand why anyone would suggest putting him up front.
He controls the game from midfield, wins the ball back, distributes the ball outstandingly, and to top it off he can finish.
He’s a proper box to box midfielder who can score goals,

I don’t ever recall Frank Lampard being played as a forward and he scored plenty of goals.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on December 15, 2018, 06:21:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The lad is a joy to watch. If he keeps working and has some luck with injury, there's no limit to where he could go.

I said a couple of weeks ago that what's impressed me most about him has been his attitude. When he first came, there was no Flash bas**rd about him. He did the simple things right and earned the right to play.

Now we're seeing a much bigger repertoire. Biggest eye opener today was how he outpaced their right back midway through the second half to get a cross in. I've not seen that burst of pace before and he'll need that at the very top.  I wonder how much more there is to come that we haven't seen yet?

And then there is the mester side of him. When Morris caught him with a nasty one, early on, you knew what was coming next time Morris got the ball. Kane absolutely wiped him out. Imagine what he'll be like when his balls drop.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 15, 2018, 06:25:46 pm by drfchound »
BST, I remember that burst of pace that you mention.
I have noticed before that he is really quick over 5 to 10 yards.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 15, 2018, 06:31:21 pm by Alan Southstand »
Best Christmas present we could hope for if he stays all season.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 15, 2018, 06:34:05 pm by Copps is Magic »

They were all wingers. None had the influence he does dictating games in the middle of the park. He’s having a good run of goalscoring form but it doesn’t make your suggestion any less daft.

Bale was a defender.

Listen, it's daft if you think he can't player as a forward/striker. If you do, say it now and we'll reconvene in a couple of years.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 15, 2018, 06:43:14 pm by NickDRFC »
Bale didn’t jump from left back to playing up front did he? He progressively moved further forward.

Herbie is a massive talent but he’s playing in his best position. I’d be astonished if he ends up playing up front.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:49:03 pm by NickDRFC »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 15, 2018, 06:48:24 pm by drfchound »
I thought that Bale went from left back to left winger.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 15, 2018, 07:09:07 pm by dickos1 »

Bale was a defender.

Listen, it's daft if you think he can't player as a forward/striker. If you do, say it now and we'll reconvene in a couple of years.

Nobody is saying he can’t.
But nobody in their right mind would move him to a striker when he’s so influential in the middle of the park.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on December 15, 2018, 07:27:53 pm by dickos1 »
I thought that Bale went from left back to left winger.

He did

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 15, 2018, 07:54:57 pm by roversdude »
Anyone notice the free kick he played off a prone Copps

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on December 15, 2018, 07:55:39 pm by eastender »
Best Christmas present we could hope for if he stays all season.
I can see us getting an early  Christmas  present.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 15, 2018, 07:56:00 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Anyone notice the free kick he played off a prone Copps

It was John but yeah he had everyone in West stand laughing. He's great.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on December 15, 2018, 07:56:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah. Except it was Marquis. Genius, that was. Shows how fast his mind works.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 15, 2018, 08:17:14 pm by Alan Southstand »
Eastender wrote:

I can see us getting an early  Christmas  present.

Is that wishful thinking, or does someone know something?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 15, 2018, 08:27:40 pm by roversdude »
Doh well it was cold

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on December 15, 2018, 08:30:26 pm by Pancho Regan »
You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about this CIM and have clearly been waiting for an opportunity to revive this thread.
Fair enough, it’s all about opinions.

I just appreciate what Herbie is bringing to our midfield, which is a much more valuable contribution than if he was stuck up front.

And he’s scoring goals; I don’t see a need to change anything.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012