Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:46:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Interesting Day  (Read 9006 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Interesting Day
« on January 01, 2019, 08:33:49 pm by tyke1962 »
Portsmouth win despite getting outplayed in the second half at home to AFC Wimbledon .

Sunderland very fortunate to get all 3 points at Blackpool .

Stalemate between ourselves and Luton who both cancelled each other out in a very entertaining scoreless draw .

Charlton with a narrow win at home to Walsall .

Yourselves with a great victory over Rochdale and back in the top 6 due to Peterborough once again bombing at home .

Massive gap opening up now between 7th and 8th and I fully expect the top 6 to be as it stands tonight but not necessarily in that order .

Glad for a week off myself and the FA cup , just got through a tough number of games with the teams around us and I'm happy with 10 points out of 12 .

This season is going to go right to the last game for the automatics you can see that happening even on January 1st .

The key could be the January window in my opinion and who can recruit the best and just give themselves that bit more that clinches the prize .

Not necessarily permanent deals but some smart loans could be just as effective .

Let battle commence , really enjoying this season personally and beats struggling your @ss off in the championship any day of the year .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Interesting Day
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2019, 08:35:41 pm by sha66y »
Agree

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2019, 08:35:51 pm by RedJ »
Said to my friend the other week, the derby in March could be pivotal.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2019, 08:41:03 pm by foxbat »
Excellent analysis , could be very interesting indeed by then

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2019, 08:51:07 pm by Alan Southstand »
Said to my friend the other week, the derby in March could be pivotal.

Especially as it's followed by us being away at Luton!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2019, 08:56:40 pm by colincramb »
A playoff semi-final or final against our near friends could be interesting...

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2019, 09:12:23 pm by tyke1962 »
A playoff semi-final or final against our near friends could be interesting...

That would be a monumental contest to say the least and you can see it happening in all honesty .

That said this why we follow our clubs for games and occasions such as these .

Would be a great occasion at wembley , I don't think there's any real animosity between us , most of us are from mining stock and we both have mutual respect in that sense .

I'd sooner we both go up together but I have to say something tells me one of us is going to miss out or even both of us .

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 09:35:40 pm by tyke1962 »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2019, 10:20:01 pm by Campsall rover »
I have always thought there has been a special relationship between Barnsley and Rovers. It’s a different sort of rivalry to other local clubs. Sadly there is a hatred between Rotherham and Rovers and also to a slightly lesser extent between Scunthorpe and Rovers.
I really hope we meet in the play offs preferably at Wembley in the final and as I have said in other posts my gut says we will.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2019, 11:07:00 pm by tyke1962 »
I have always thought there has been a special relationship between Barnsley and Rovers. It’s a different sort of rivalry to other local clubs. Sadly there is a hatred between Rotherham and Rovers and also to a slightly lesser extent between Scunthorpe and Rovers.
I really hope we meet in the play offs preferably at Wembley in the final and as I have said in other posts my gut says we will.

My gut also tells me it's written in the stars , someone is going to have to deal with Charlton and I trust you can get that job done and we will deal with Luton who I feel we have the measure of home and away .

Sunderland and Portsmouth look the most likely given Pompey's lead and Sunderland's games in hand at this stage , but what do I know .

Would be something very special Barnsley v Doncaster Rovers at wembley for a place in the championship to say the least .

Certainly better than playing the morons from Millwall at our last play off final , great result for us but not a great day before , during and afterwards to say the least .

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2019, 11:31:08 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
saw it on sky sports ticker that some Luton defender had just got a long term injury -for what it's worth

peterbru gave away two ridiculous goals today by not booting the ball out and playing "chicken " football as i call it.

this chicken football is ruining football

Charlton V Sunderland on Saturday - this might have been a re-arranged match ? (note I'm not calling them the Bank of Sunderland YET  ) like i called  Wigan & Blackburn last season

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2019, 06:36:19 pm by DINGLE »
Barnsley & Sunderland will be the top two come May  :scarf: :bbscarf:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2019, 07:16:52 pm by tyke1962 »
saw it on sky sports ticker that some Luton defender had just got a long term injury -for what it's worth

peterbru gave away two ridiculous goals today by not booting the ball out and playing "chicken " football as i call it.

this chicken football is ruining football

Charlton V Sunderland on Saturday - this might have been a re-arranged match ? (note I'm not calling them the Bank of Sunderland YET  ) like i called  Wigan & Blackburn last season

Sunderland v Luton at the SOL a week on saturday , interestingly they play Newcastle U21's in between the Charlton and Luton games in the Checkatrade Trophy .

I'd suggest they will definitely want to beat their arch enemies and will play a strong side , far too much local pride not to do .

The plot thickens .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 02, 2019, 07:57:09 pm by dickos1 »

Both would need to play a lot better than they did against us

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 02, 2019, 08:15:13 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Said at beginning of the season, our 6 fingered friends would go straight back up with pompey. Us to beat Sunderland at Wembley, just like weeds all over again.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 02, 2019, 08:33:51 pm by drfchound »
Said at beginning of the season, our 6 fingered friends would go straight back up with pompey. Us to beat Sunderland at Wembley, just like weeds all over again.

I have been saying to pals at the game for three or four weeks now that I was thinking we would play Barnsley in the L1 play off final.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 02, 2019, 09:20:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It would be one hell of an occasion however, it's a horrible way to miss out from the losers perspective. I'd rather we both went up in one way or another. It's been a while since all S Yorks clubs were in the Championship together.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 02, 2019, 10:10:55 pm by drfchound »
I would love us to beat Luton at Wembley.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 02, 2019, 10:21:13 pm by foxbat »
I would love us to beat anybody at Wembley ⚽️

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 02, 2019, 11:32:08 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

My gut also tells me it's written in the stars , someone is going to have to deal with Charlton and I trust you can get that job done and we will deal with Luton who I feel we have the measure of home and away .

Sunderland and Portsmouth look the most likely given Pompey's lead and Sunderland's games in hand at this stage , but what do I know .

Would be something very special Barnsley v Doncaster Rovers at wembley for a place in the championship to say the least .

Certainly better than playing the morons from Millwall at our last play off final , great result for us but not a great day before , during and afterwards to say the least .

I was at your play off final against Millwall Tyke. It was a pretty scary day to say the least. We had similar issues with Leeds at our final, though their fans didn’t try to attack us in the stadium unlike Millwall.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 03, 2019, 12:29:37 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Barnsley to make 11 points up on Portsmouth.

Good luck.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 03, 2019, 06:19:41 am by DINGLE »

Barnsley to make 11 points up on Portsmouth.

Good luck.

Easy and we’ll have probably just about done it by the time we’ve played them at nearly France next month.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 06:24:09 am by DINGLE »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 03, 2019, 07:29:09 am by pib »
Good grief.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 03, 2019, 09:39:36 am by drfchound »
Portsmouth made up around twelve points on us a couple of years ago in far fewer games than are left right now.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 03, 2019, 09:41:57 am by dickos1 »
Not while we were still trying to get promoted though, people may catch them up too once they’ve achieved promotion but it won’t happen when they’ve still got promotion to play for

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 03, 2019, 10:30:02 am by Colemans Left Hook »
ok

here's another happy ending scenario

Charlton v Rovers play off final at Wembley biblical rain their manager shelters under a brolley.

Their defender makes a square pass across the field it sticks in the mud Marquis latches onto it and scores an 89th minute winner 

inspired by When Rovers played Tottenham (lost 1-5 ) here and a pass stuck in the mud and Tom Huddlestone scored and that other "non game"

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 03, 2019, 11:38:42 am by drfchound »
Not while we were still trying to get promoted though, people may catch them up too once they’ve achieved promotion but it won’t happen when they’ve still got promotion to play for

Yes, we were promoted but we finished third.
If Portsmouth were to finish third this time they wouldn’t get automatic promotion.
Therefore it would be feasible that Sunderland and Barnsley could get automatic promotion.
It would be a good pay back for us to get automatic and Portsmouth to fail via the play offs.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 03, 2019, 12:59:59 pm by Barmby Rover »
It is the team with goals that tends to get there, so Luton must be favourites, with us shoring up an attacking force it seems that GM agrees with my opening statement, he is going for it!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 03, 2019, 01:03:44 pm by dickos1 »
No I know
But up until we got promoted we were magnificent. Then performances dropped off once this was achieved, probably because we got promotion and still had 5 games to go.
I can’t see any side letting their performers drop when promotion hasn’t been achieved

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 03, 2019, 01:25:02 pm by drfchound »
But that wasn’t the point being discussed.
BST seemed to be suggesting that Barnsley wouldn’t make up the eleven points that they are currently behind Portsmouth.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 03, 2019, 02:22:33 pm by dickos1 »
No I know
And I’m agreeing with him, they may let their foot off the gas once promotion is achieved but I don’t think they’ll let anyone close a gap like that while they’re still fighting for promotion

TinyPortal © 2005-2012