Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 04:37:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Interesting Day  (Read 9016 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Interesting Day
« Reply #30 on January 03, 2019, 02:53:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It is not inconceivable that Portsmouth can be caught. I'm not convinced they are the best team in the division. The next 3 months will be fascinating. There will be some humdinger between the top 6 however, teams like us and Barnsley have to take care of the games with the less fancied teams, then you can take on Portsmouth, Sunderland, Luton with freedom and nothing to lose. We hope of course, the latter also slip up along the way too.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 03, 2019, 03:22:08 pm by Axholme Lion »
I have always thought there has been a special relationship between Barnsley and Rovers. It’s a different sort of rivalry to other local clubs. Sadly there is a hatred between Rotherham and Rovers and also to a slightly lesser extent between Scunthorpe and Rovers.
I really hope we meet in the play offs preferably at Wembley in the final and as I have said in other posts my gut says we will.

My gut also tells me it's written in the stars , someone is going to have to deal with Charlton and I trust you can get that job done and we will deal with Luton who I feel we have the measure of home and away .

Sunderland and Portsmouth look the most likely given Pompey's lead and Sunderland's games in hand at this stage , but what do I know .

Would be something very special Barnsley v Doncaster Rovers at wembley for a place in the championship to say the least .

Certainly better than playing the morons from Millwall at our last play off final , great result for us but not a great day before , during and afterwards to say the least .

Nothing to do with scrotes from Barnsley playing the big northern hardman outside the ground beforehand then?
Same old same old, if anything happens blame it on Millwall. I see Barnsley don't do too bad for the number of banning orders for a small town club in the middle of nowhere?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-revealed-worst-behaved-11572581

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 03, 2019, 03:32:41 pm by Campsall rover »
I have always thought there has been a special relationship between Barnsley and Rovers. It’s a different sort of rivalry to other local clubs. Sadly there is a hatred between Rotherham and Rovers and also to a slightly lesser extent between Scunthorpe and Rovers.
I really hope we meet in the play offs preferably at Wembley in the final and as I have said in other posts my gut says we will.

My gut also tells me it's written in the stars , someone is going to have to deal with Charlton and I trust you can get that job done and we will deal with Luton who I feel we have the measure of home and away .

Sunderland and Portsmouth look the most likely given Pompey's lead and Sunderland's games in hand at this stage , but what do I know .

Would be something very special Barnsley v Doncaster Rovers at wembley for a place in the championship to say the least .

Certainly better than playing the morons from Millwall at our last play off final , great result for us but not a great day before , during and afterwards to say the least .

Nothing to do with scrotes from Barnsley playing the big northern hardman outside the ground beforehand then?
Same old same old, if anything happens blame it on Millwall. I see Barnsley don't do too bad for the number of banning orders for a small town club in the middle of nowhere?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-united-revealed-worst-behaved-11572581
You don’t like Barnsley then?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 03, 2019, 03:44:16 pm by Axholme Lion »

I'm not that bothered, but they don't like us. What annoys me is some of their support who come down and kick off with us, and then when they get a battering cry like babies and slag us off to the world for being the scum of the earth. I know we don't have the best name in the world, but they paint themselves whiter than white and the injured party. At the end of the day they shouldn't pull the Lions tail if they don't want to get bitten.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 03, 2019, 04:40:14 pm by idler »
A few years ago, first game of the season in the Championship.
Why did the Millwall fans behind the goal charge at the West Stand where it was mainly the quiet fans there Axholme?
That didn't do your reputation any good. All teams have idiots but once a club has a reputation it attracts the more unsavoury element.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 03, 2019, 04:48:35 pm by Filo »
Why did the Millwall fans behind the goal charge at the West Stand where it was mainly the quiet fans there Axholme?
That didn't do your reputation any good. All teams have idiots but once a club has a reputation it attracts the more unsavoury element.

I remember that, stopped in their tracks when no one ran away

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 03, 2019, 04:50:37 pm by Axholme Lion »

I admit we don't have the best reputation, but that is a reputation going back a long time. Not much happens nowadays as all of our away games are all ticket and you have to be a member to buy one, plus the porridge for football related violence is not worth it. The Germans were forgiven for the war quicker than we have been for Luton. My point is Barnsley love to slag us off, but in reality are no whiter than white angels themselves. They came down to Wembley looking for trouble and came off second best, then went away crying. By the way I am not condoning aggro, but if they were happy enough to kick it off they shouldn't complain.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 03, 2019, 05:06:09 pm by Red wizard »

you can't remember it well if you think they stopped. Our fans ran off and left them minding there own business to take a the abuse and things thrown. I got hit by a coin.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 03, 2019, 05:18:28 pm by Filo »

you can't remember it well if you think they stopped. Our fans ran off and left them minding there own business to take a the abuse and things thrown. I got hit by a coin.

They stopped, not one of them got near where the rovers fans were, the rovers fans I saw sat there just laughing at them

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 03, 2019, 05:20:41 pm by dickos1 »
Lots of our fans ran back down the stairs to the concourse and rightly so

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 03, 2019, 05:29:23 pm by NickDRFC »

They stopped, not one of them got near where the rovers fans were, the rovers fans I saw sat there just laughing at them

I was in the south stand and could quite clearly see plenty of our fans backing/running away.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 03, 2019, 06:08:27 pm by StocktonRover »

I was in the south stand and could quite clearly see plenty of our fans backing/running away.
The young gobby ones got out of the way but quite a few older heads stood and faced them off in the knowledge that it was all posturing and would at worst end in a wrestle and slack punches over the dividing rail.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 03, 2019, 06:26:21 pm by DINGLE »

I admit we don't have the best reputation, but that is a reputation going back a long time. Not much happens nowadays as all of our away games are all ticket and you have to be a member to buy one, plus the porridge for football related violence is not worth it. The Germans were forgiven for the war quicker than we have been for Luton. My point is Barnsley love to slag us off, but in reality are no whiter than white angels themselves. They came down to Wembley looking for trouble and came off second best, then went away crying. By the way I am not condoning aggro, but if they were happy enough to kick it off they shouldn't complain.

Hahahaha ya bellend.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 03, 2019, 06:54:38 pm by sha66y »
Oyyyyyyyyy!!
Tek it artside both on ya’s
Tha’s tekin bloody liberties on a bloody Rovers footy forum...
Na behave thasens....

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 03, 2019, 06:55:50 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

The young gobby ones got out of the way but quite a few older heads stood and faced them off in the knowledge that it was all posturing and would at worst end in a wrestle and slack punches over the dividing rail.

That’s precisely what happened

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 03, 2019, 10:40:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apparently it's all about lead in petrol.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 03, 2019, 10:40:40 pm by tyke1962 »

I'm not that bothered, but they don't like us. What annoys me is some of their support who come down and kick off with us, and then when they get a battering cry like babies and slag us off to the world for being the scum of the earth. I know we don't have the best name in the world, but they paint themselves whiter than white and the injured party. At the end of the day they shouldn't pull the Lions tail if they don't want to get bitten.

Oh aye , so myself and my partner are walking up wembley way and a group of your morons decide to come over and tell my partner that she's a northern slag .

Not a ball kicked on the pitch and it's an hour before kick off .

See I thought you lot had a bit of bottle , stand your ground in your own little patch of South London against any other like minded " boys " that threatened your little empire .

But no , it turns out you just lot just pick on the soft targets , I was 53 at the time and my partner 43 , minding our own business and enjoying the occasion .

The same as you did attacking the families inside the stadium when we scored our third goal .

You see I saw the proof of the pudding with my own eyes that day .

At the tube afterwards you lot once again were giving it to the shirters and soft targets who have nowt to do with this nonsense that is until a 50 strong mob of our own lads turned up who were more than happy to engage you .

Saw it with my own eyes fella .

You couldn't get on the tube back to Baker Street quick enough , if you'd have moved any quicker you'd have beaten the train back  to Central London .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 03, 2019, 10:54:23 pm by Campsall rover »
What’s all this Barnsley v Millwall nonsense got to do with a DRFC forum. Why are you discussing it on here?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 03, 2019, 10:59:10 pm by mushRTID »
What’s all this Barnsley v Millwall nonsense got to do with a DRFC forum. Why are you discussing it on here?

Great question

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 03, 2019, 11:12:45 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

Dunno. Is Barnie the blade knocking about so we can have our own little hell in a cell? Who was that argumentative odd ball from the conference days as well? Was he a Stevenage fan? Get him chucked in the pit, for good measure.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 04, 2019, 07:28:50 am by idler »
How often do Rotherham, Wednesday, Blades and Leeds end up in topics on here?

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 04, 2019, 08:39:26 am by ridgewoodrover »
Got to love ours & Barnsley’s faith we’re meeting at Wembley, there’s a few twists in the road yet , though the idea of a pit mans derby with such a big prize is one to savour.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on January 04, 2019, 09:43:52 am by Axholme Lion »

Oh aye , so myself and my partner are walking up wembley way and a group of your morons decide to come over and tell my partner that she's a northern slag .

Not a ball kicked on the pitch and it's an hour before kick off .

See I thought you lot had a bit of bottle , stand your ground in your own little patch of South London against any other like minded " boys " that threatened your little empire .

But no , it turns out you just lot just pick on the soft targets , I was 53 at the time and my partner 43 , minding our own business and enjoying the occasion .

The same as you did attacking the families inside the stadium when we scored our third goal .

You see I saw the proof of the pudding with my own eyes that day .

At the tube afterwards you lot once again were giving it to the shirters and soft targets who have nowt to do with this nonsense that is until a 50 strong mob of our own lads turned up who were more than happy to engage you .

Saw it with my own eyes fella .

You couldn't get on the tube back to Baker Street quick enough , if you'd have moved any quicker you'd have beaten the train back  to Central London .

Look i'm not on here defending any idiots having a pop at innocent fans of other clubs. What i'm saying is a lot of your mob went looking for it on that day so don't come on here playing the innocent. As i've said previously to go to a Millwall away game you have to be a member, and all the games are all ticket by order of the club. The football authorities in their wisdom decided that this was not necessary for play off finals so anyone could buy a ticket. Therefore you will find that day trippers turn up who probably only go to two or three big games per season and these are who should be looking at, not the likes of most of our fans who despite the popular tabloid view of being yobs are decent, well mannered people. The ones having a ruck at Wembley aren't the type of people who will be stood at Rochdale or somewhere on a wet Wednesday night in February.
Millwall FC have put a lot work into reducing potential crowd trouble, at great inconvenience to normal supporters such as myself, what has Barnsley ever done as you appear to be quite high up in the list of banning orders, other than put the blame on other clubs supporters?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 04, 2019, 10:01:52 am by IDM »
I have to add, there did seem to be a lot of aggression from the Millwall fans a few seasons ago at the KM, but when I went to the New Den (2008) when we won 3-0, there was no aggro at all.  The fans I saw at the station after the game were regular guys happy to chat about the game..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 04, 2019, 10:05:37 am by RedJ »
Probably like the away day warriors we have then... only with a bit more about them.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 04, 2019, 12:02:46 pm by DINGLE »
Right next time some brick outhouse as go at me in a boozer, I’m going to walk away go in a shop and kick 7 shades out of a dad out shopping with his wife and kids. I didn’t know this being a bellend lark was so easy.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 04, 2019, 12:40:24 pm by Axholme Lion »
Right next time some brick outhouse as go at me in a boozer, I’m going to walk away go in a shop and kick 7 shades out of a dad out shopping with his wife and kids. I didn’t know this being a bellend lark was so easy.

I'll make this as simple as possible for you to understand as you obviously not listening.
I am not defending idiots who may have been Millwall fans causing trouble, however I do not accept it was all one way traffic. You can not possibly know what happened in all areas of the Wembley. Yes, we have an historic name for crowd trouble, but due to action taken by the club most of our games see no trouble at all. As I said earlier what has Barnsley done to weed out trouble causers? You are clearly deluded by thinking your fans are innocents.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 04, 2019, 12:47:38 pm by Surrey Rover »
Mods, why are we allowing a slanging match between a Millwall fan and a Barnsley fan on what is a DRFC forum? 

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 04, 2019, 12:52:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Mods, why are we allowing a slanging match between a Millwall fan and a Barnsley fan on what is a DRFC forum? 

Not quite Overlord (movie), but I'm happy to watch. Others can easily skip what they don't want to read.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 04, 2019, 12:55:13 pm by IDM »
Let’s not forget all clubs have some idiot element on their fan base.. Millwall have a reputation hard to shake off, but we have our own too, as seen very recently at Bristol.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012