Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:03:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Klopp  (Read 6560 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Klopp
« on January 08, 2019, 05:35:39 pm by scawsby steve »
OK, so I'm a Liverpool fan, but I'm totally disgusted with Klopp's decision to play an almost entire reserve team at Wolves last night. This is just another example of a big club manager completely disrespecting and undervaluing the oldest and most famous cup competition in the world, and Liverpool got just what they deserved.

30 or 40 years ago you would never have seen half empty stadiums and weakened teams in this wonderful competition, and it's a sign of the times that so many big club managers have sold their souls to the sacred cows that are the Premier League, the Champions League, and Sky Sports; absolutely disgraceful.

That's it, rant over.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Klopp
« Reply #1 on January 08, 2019, 05:45:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The Champions League is the most lucrative these days, and because you don't even have to be Champions to qualify it makes financial sense to go full out for that, as wrong as it is.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 08, 2019, 05:49:29 pm by Donnywolf »
At least LFC actually entered the Competition - and not dissed it for more market share in the Far East !

Their mistake was to mix and match instead of like Arsenal used to, have a Team that plays as a Team every week

However with "Wolf" at the end of my Forum name means I am glad they did

Overall though the Cup has gone the same way as the JPT did then the Football League Cup - now the FA Cup (the most famous Cup Competition in the world - but probably not the outright best any more) and its a damn shame

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 08, 2019, 05:51:25 pm by johnny rovers »
OK, so I'm a Liverpool fan, but I'm totally disgusted with Klopp's decision to play an almost entire reserve team at Wolves last night. This is just another example of a big club manager completely disrespecting and undervaluing the oldest and most famous cup competition in the world, and Liverpool got just what they deserved.

30 or 40 years ago you would never have seen half empty stadiums and weakened teams in this wonderful competition, and it's a sign of the times that so many big club managers have sold their souls to the sacred cows that are the Premier League, the Champions League, and Sky Sports; absolutely disgraceful.

That's it, rant over.

Stop being a Liverpool fan then. There's no real need for you to be one!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 08, 2019, 05:54:34 pm by NickDRFC »
Many football fans would be disgusted that you consider yourself a Liverpool as well as a Rovers fan!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 08, 2019, 05:57:28 pm by scawsby steve »

That's it, rant over.

Stop being a Liverpool fan then. There's no real need for you to be one!

How do you know?; I could be a scouser for all you know.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 08, 2019, 05:58:53 pm by Boomstick »

That's it, rant over.
So I take it your from scawsby?
How come your a plastic scouser?
Do you put on a fake accent when you go to anfield? Assuming you do of course.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 08, 2019, 06:03:11 pm by scawsby steve »
Many football fans would be disgusted that you consider yourself a Liverpool as well as a Rovers fan!

What a pathetic post that is; absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion of how the FA Cup is being devalued.

Probably more to do with you hating Liverpool.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 08, 2019, 06:07:53 pm by scawsby steve »

That's it, rant over.
So I take it your from scawsby?
How come your a plastic scouser?
Do you put on a fake accent when you go to anfield? Assuming you do of course.

You know f*ck all about me, so put your eyeballs back in; I was supporting Rovers all over the country before you were in nappies.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 08, 2019, 06:08:48 pm by keith79 »
Maybe the fa should offer the winner of the fa cup a champion league place

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 08, 2019, 06:09:17 pm by GazLaz »
Supporting two teams is something I could never understand.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 08, 2019, 06:10:00 pm by Bezza »
What's the problem, I'm sure Scawsby is a Rovers man who enjoys watching Liverpool, we all have our second teams

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2019, 06:12:49 pm by scawsby steve »
What's the problem, I'm sure Scawsby is a Rovers man who enjoys watching Liverpool, we all have our second teams

Thanks Bezza, at last a post of common sense.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2019, 06:14:44 pm by NickDRFC »

What a pathetic post that is; absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion of how the FA Cup is being devalued.

Not saying I think that, but I do struggle to understand personally how you can support 2 clubs. I have clubs that I prefer and clubs that I don’t like (for the record I’m indifferent on Liverpool) but for me surely it’s just one club that you can support and really feel that passion for. I know people who just like football without having a team - supporting two teams is somewhere along that road in my opinion.

If you want a response to your point, then here you go - the FA Cup has been “devalued” for years, this is nothing new. Liverpool have a real shot at winning the title and they’re obviously going to prioritise that. It’s a good opportunity for their fringe players to get game time and show that they can make the step up (on last nights showing not many can). Wolves also made several changes and on another night Liverpool might have got a result. Regardless, it’s not the managers who have sold their soul to the highest bidder - it’s the club owners. The managers just prioritise as they see fit. Do I think that’s a shame? Yes, but it’s not going to stop my enjoyment as a Rovers fan.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2019, 06:14:57 pm by Campsall rover »
I am from Leeds originally. Disgusting isn’t it that I support Rovers.
Get a grip Gazlaz.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2019, 06:18:46 pm by Campsall rover »
Maybe the fa should offer the winner of the fa cup a champion league place
Yes this is what I have been saying for years. Top 3 in premier league & FA Cup winners.
Would solve the problem of playing weakened teams at a stroke.
Bit too sensible for the powers that be to do it though.  :facepalm:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2019, 06:21:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Many, many people have a second team especially supporters of clubs who traditionally have been down the bottom end of the league pyramid. We all know that Scawsby Steve is a 'proper' Rovers supporter and goes to games.

I agree that Klopp played a pathetic line up last night and got what he deserved in exiting. The FA Cup perhaps does need to find a way to better incentivise the top sides as the financial reward is negligible compared to even finishing last in the Premier League nowadays, but it is still an important trophy to win and has a lot of history that needs to be respected.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2019, 06:21:53 pm by scawsby steve »

Not saying I think that, but I do struggle to understand personally how you can support 2 clubs. I have clubs that I prefer and clubs that I don’t like (for the record I’m indifferent on Liverpool) but for me surely it’s just one club that you can support and really feel that passion for. I know people who just like football without having a team - supporting two teams is somewhere along that road in my opinion.

If you want a response to your point, then here you go - the FA Cup has been “devalued” for years, this is nothing new. Liverpool have a real shot at winning the title and they’re obviously going to prioritise that. It’s a good opportunity for their fringe players to get game time and show that they can make the step up (on last nights showing not many can). Wolves also made several changes and on another night Liverpool might have got a result. Regardless, it’s not the managers who have sold their soul to the highest bidder - it’s the club owners. The managers just prioritise as they see fit. Do I think that’s a shame? Yes, but it’s not going to stop my enjoyment as a Rovers fan.

Now you're talking common sense; incidently, just for the record, the ONLY time I've been to Anfield was in 1969, and we all know who the visitors were that day.

I just like watching Liverpool on the box, that's all.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 08, 2019, 06:31:07 pm by Chris Black come back »

Agree with this.

Each to their own though I guess.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 08, 2019, 06:38:22 pm by mushRTID »

Not everyone does

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 08, 2019, 06:41:04 pm by scawsby steve »
I think the confusion here is just a matter of semantics; I never said I was a Liverpool supporter, just a fan; massive difference there.

When it comes to supporting a team, everyone who knows me is well aware of who I support.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 08, 2019, 06:43:14 pm by GazLaz »
I am from Leeds originally. Disgusting isn’t it that I support Rovers.
Get a grip Gazlaz.

Grip what? You support Leeds as well then?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 08, 2019, 06:43:38 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Scawsby's a Liverpool fan and a Rovers supporter. There's a difference.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 08, 2019, 06:46:04 pm by tommy toes »
My second team is Cowdenbeath.
I've never been to that part of Scoland but plan to go and see the Mighty Blue Brazil afore it's too late.
By their standards they're having a great season too.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:54:15 pm by tommy toes »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 08, 2019, 06:52:35 pm by drfchound »
I think that fans of lower league clubs often have a favourite team from higher up the ladder, usually a PL team.
My brother is a Rovers fan but his second team is Man Utd.
My other team is Liverpool.
I don’t go to watch them but if they were on the telly I would be rooting for them.
Incidentally, I hooked onto them after they beat Leeds back in the sixties in the FACup Final, having liked the way they played.

I know loads of people who have a second team.
It isn’t unusual.

If Rovers played Liverpool I would 100% be shouting for the Rovers.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 08, 2019, 07:02:00 pm by the vicar »
I know Steve very well and he is a good man bit gobby but a good man, sorry Steve lol. He has been a Rove
rs fan for many a years and he is no different tao most people in having a second team, but his main love is the Rovers so give him a break

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 08, 2019, 07:02:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
OK, if it's confession time allow me to use this moment as a form of amnesty.

As a kid, I was an Arsenal fan.  :blush:

Right, that's got that off my chest.

*Please note, I've always supported Rovers since I was about 6, and was 100% behind them at The Emirates the other year.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 08, 2019, 07:03:13 pm by scawsby steve »
I think that fans of lower league clubs often have a favourite team from higher up the ladder, usually a PL team.
My brother is a Rovers fan but his second team is Man Utd.
My other team is Liverpool.
I don’t go to watch them but if they were on the telly I would be rooting for them.
Incidentally, I hooked onto them after they beat Leeds back in the sixties in the FACup Final, having liked the way they played.

I know loads of people who have a second team.
It isn’t unusual.

If Rovers played Liverpool I would 100% be shouting for the Rovers.

That sounds similar to my situation Hound, only mine's got a bit more added to it, in as much as it's not just my brother who's a Man Utd fan, it's my dad as well, and he's 94.

You can imagine what it's like at my dad's when Liverpool play Utd; to say the air's blue would be an understatement.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 08, 2019, 07:04:12 pm by drfchound »
I know Steve very well and he is a good man bit gobby but a good man, sorry Steve lol. He has been a Rove
rs fan for many a years and he is no different tao most people in having a second team, but his main love is the Rovers so give him a break

You are wrong about SS vicar.
He is a lot gobby.   ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 08, 2019, 07:06:15 pm by Filo »
OK, if it's confession time allow me to use this moment as a form of amnesty.

As a kid, I was an Arsenal fan.  :blush:

Right, that's got that off my chest.

*Please note, I've always supported Rovers since I was about 6, and was 100% behind them at The Emirates the other year.

I bet Charlie George was your hero 😜

TinyPortal © 2005-2012