Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 12:22:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Klopp  (Read 6563 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Klopp
« Reply #30 on January 08, 2019, 07:14:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
OK, if it's confession time allow me to use this moment as a form of amnesty.

As a kid, I was an Arsenal fan.  :blush:

Right, that's got that off my chest.

*Please note, I've always supported Rovers since I was about 6, and was 100% behind them at The Emirates the other year.

I bet Charlie George was your hero 😜

Jon Sammels was who I based my style on in those early days.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 08, 2019, 07:16:25 pm by the vicar »
I know Steve very well and he is a good man bit gobby but a good man, sorry Steve lol. He has been a Rove
rs fan for many a years and he is no different tao most people in having a second team, but his main love is the Rovers so give him a break

You are wrong about SS vicar.
He is a lot gobby.   ;)
LOL true I get your point hound. Nice seeing you at Preston mate

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 08, 2019, 07:34:34 pm by Nudga »
Liverpool are my second team too. They were the first team that I saw on telly aged around 7 or 8 and I liked their kit.
Everyone else was Forest fans during my early childhood in Retford.
Moved to Donny in 86 aged 10 and saw them play Bolton.
I was hooked, Donny were my first love.
I still like watching Liverpool but nothing comes close to seeing my home town team fighting the odds.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 08, 2019, 07:40:14 pm by johnny rovers »
What's the problem, I'm sure Scawsby is a Rovers man who enjoys watching Liverpool, we all have our second teams

Not everyone does

No we don't

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 08, 2019, 07:50:29 pm by Campsall rover »
Supporting two teams is something I could never understand.
I am from Leeds originally. Disgusting isn’t it that I support Rovers.
Get a grip Gazlaz.

Grip what? You support Leeds as well then?
No, but they are my second team. Have watched Rovers as my no 1 team since 1979.
Between 1975 when I first came to Doncaster and 1979 I watched both teams.
I go to Rovers home and away matches but i obviously look out for Leeds as i was brought up on them
Do you have a problem with that?
When we played Leeds in the play off final i was desperate for a Rovers win.
Best day of football in 55 years since my first match as a 7yr old in 1962/63 season.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 08, 2019, 08:00:06 pm by Jonathan »
As a football fan I don’t like to see such a weakened team fielded, but I understand why he did it. They want to prioritise the league and the Champions League and if I was a Liverpool fan I expect I’d agree with that.

Anyhow, it helps to clear our path to Wembley!

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 08, 2019, 08:09:39 pm by pib »
It’s enough stress supporting one team. It must be exhausting being emotionally invested in the fortunes of TWO teams of a weekend!

Adwick Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 08, 2019, 08:12:02 pm by Adwick Rover »
I, like many football mad lads from the late 60s and early seventies growing up in Donny, would have been taken to matches by their Dads. Mine happened to be, like most of the Dads at the time, a massive fan of Leeds and would take me to the home games to watch arguably one of the best teams in the country at the time. By default I was a Leeds fan and I still have affection for them now. BUT I have been to many Rovers game over the last 15 years and none of Leeds. I have a personal love of Rovers as my son is involved with the club and the way the staff treat their people is truly amazing. On the Rovers team, it gives me great pride to see them playing so well. So I'd say I have two teams whose scores I look out for in equal measure every Saturday.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 08, 2019, 08:24:45 pm by belton rover »
Man UTD have been what I call my ‘armchair’ team since I watched them, as a nine year old, lose to Arsenal in the 1979 FA cup final. It was the first final I had really been interested in and thought it would be more entertaining if I had a team to cheer on. It could easily have been Arsenal.
Since then, they have always been my second team. I have never really been much of a neutral watcher of football so have enjoyed watching and cheering on UTD on tv throughout the years (I’ve seen them live 4 times, including winning tickets to last year’s cup final)
I see UTD and Rovers as two completely separate pleasures. Rovers are in my blood - UTD are in my living room.
The fact that someone may have the idea that I  can’t really be a true Rovers fan/supporter because of that is laughable.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 08, 2019, 08:44:26 pm by IDM »
I have “followed” several teams when work has taken me too far away from watching Rovers regularly - but my heart will always be with DRFC..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 08, 2019, 09:05:53 pm by RedJ »
First love will always be the Rovers but I follow Glasgow Rangers as well as I have a lot of connections to the city and Scotland. I go and see them when I can. Not quite the same as watching Rovers but I love it.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 08, 2019, 09:43:06 pm by Boomstick »
Many football fans would be disgusted that you consider yourself a Liverpool as well as a Rovers fan!

What a pathetic post that is; absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion of how the FA Cup is being devalued.

Probably more to do with you hating Liverpool.

Not saying I think that, but I do struggle to understand personally how you can support 2 clubs. I have clubs that I prefer and clubs that I don’t like (for the record I’m indifferent on Liverpool) but for me surely it’s just one club that you can support and really feel that passion for. I know people who just like football without having a team - supporting two teams is somewhere along that road in my opinion.

If you want a response to your point, then here you go - the FA Cup has been “devalued” for years, this is nothing new. Liverpool have a real shot at winning the title and they’re obviously going to prioritise that. It’s a good opportunity for their fringe players to get game time and show that they can make the step up (on last nights showing not many can). Wolves also made several changes and on another night Liverpool might have got a result. Regardless, it’s not the managers who have sold their soul to the highest bidder - it’s the club owners. The managers just prioritise as they see fit. Do I think that’s a shame? Yes, but it’s not going to stop my enjoyment as a Rovers fan.

Now you're talking common sense; incidently, just for the record, the ONLY time I've been to Anfield was in 1969, and we all know who the visitors were that day.

I just like watching Liverpool on the box, that's all.

Like most Liverpool 'fans' then

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 08, 2019, 09:55:05 pm by Prez »
My second team is whoever Leeds are playing.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 08, 2019, 10:17:23 pm by sha66y »
If Rovers isn’t in your blood you are a foreigner, ...we in Doncaster,... of Doncaster have Saxon,Norman and Vikings running through our DNA, our natural reaction to anything that wants to dilute us, is to lash out ...

I dislike every team that beats us,
I dislike every team we crush
and I would bathe in the blood of the crushed bodies that the Premiership serves up like invading Romans....lol

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 08, 2019, 11:54:06 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
sky sports highlighted today the fact that in "Klopp on the Kop" four years the furthest Liverpool have got is the 4th round (once knocked out in the 3rd round) seems they nicked it off talk sport

2016 exeter 2 liverpool 2   replay liverpool 2-0

2017  Liverpool 0 Plymouth 0 (remember Plymouth parked 6 buses in front of the goal) Liverpool won replay

2018 beat Everton not sure where then lost at home 2-3 to West Brom

2019 Wolves beat them

https://talksport.com/football/fa-cup/470307/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-fa-cup-record/

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 09, 2019, 07:12:41 am by drfchound »
Many football fans would be disgusted that you consider yourself a Liverpool as well as a Rovers fan!

What a pathetic post that is; absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion of how the FA Cup is being devalued.

Probably more to do with you hating Liverpool.

Not saying I think that, but I do struggle to understand personally how you can support 2 clubs. I have clubs that I prefer and clubs that I don’t like (for the record I’m indifferent on Liverpool) but for me surely it’s just one club that you can support and really feel that passion for. I know people who just like football without having a team - supporting two teams is somewhere along that road in my opinion.

If you want a response to your point, then here you go - the FA Cup has been “devalued” for years, this is nothing new. Liverpool have a real shot at winning the title and they’re obviously going to prioritise that. It’s a good opportunity for their fringe players to get game time and show that they can make the step up (on last nights showing not many can). Wolves also made several changes and on another night Liverpool might have got a result. Regardless, it’s not the managers who have sold their soul to the highest bidder - it’s the club owners. The managers just prioritise as they see fit. Do I think that’s a shame? Yes, but it’s not going to stop my enjoyment as a Rovers fan.

Now you're talking common sense; incidently, just for the record, the ONLY time I've been to Anfield was in 1969, and we all know who the visitors were that day.

I just like watching Liverpool on the box, that's all.

Like most Liverpool 'fans' then

.........and Man Utd,Chelsea,Man City,Spurs etc etc......

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 09, 2019, 08:14:32 am by Campsall rover »
If Rovers isn’t in your blood you are a foreigner, ...we in Doncaster,... of Doncaster have Saxon,Norman and Vikings running through our DNA, our natural reaction to anything that wants to dilute us, is to lash out ...

I dislike every team that beats us,
I dislike every team we crush
and I would bathe in the blood of the crushed bodies that the Premiership serves up like invading Romans....lol
It is football you know not a WAR.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 10, 2019, 02:07:15 pm by The Red Baron »
My second team is Cowdenbeath.
I've never been to that part of Scoland but plan to go and see the Mighty Blue Brazil afore it's too late.
By their standards they're having a great season too.

I've been there. The ground also hosts stock car racing. There was a meet on straight after the football. Amazing place.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 10, 2019, 03:46:44 pm by adamtherover »
Myself and my lad are STH down at the moat, love it, and i have been since the BV  days..   and will be till they day we leave this earth.   But i allow him to watch a prem team from time to time mainly just for the experience really, more than any emotional attachment for the team.  I picked Chelsea basically as we can mix it with a London weekend which the family enjoy.   Because of this choice, we were lucky enough to tick off a bucket list event in the summer... we went to the fa cup final..  let's be fair.the only time.id ever have the chance. I go as a neutral,  but quite like the skills on show.   We have seen some amazing games recently,  we also see spurs at Wembley as you.can always get tickets.  The 5-4 against Leicester last season was epic game.  Do I love it as much as a hard fought 1.nil win v Wimbledon? Not even close, there's no emotional attachment involved at all.  do i appreciate the skill on show, hell yes...

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 10, 2019, 11:03:51 pm by WheatleyRover »
I dont have second teams

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 11, 2019, 02:35:38 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Second teams?

That'd be like having a wife and having another wife.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 11, 2019, 07:24:07 am by idler »
Stereo nagging?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 11, 2019, 07:25:04 am by LincsRover »
No second team for me either but if everyone was the same the world would be a boring place so don’t have an issue with those that do have one.

Personally I hate what the premiership has become because of the obscene amounts of cash but, yes, I still watch match of the day and appreciate the skills on offer. I guess the difference is I don’t really care who wins or loses unless I’ve had a bet on them.

As the great (!) Barry White once said, (Rovers are) my first, my last, my everything.....😘

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 11, 2019, 09:05:53 am by Metalmicky »
I used to have Rovers as my main team and a 'Big' team as my second.  But. of I'm honest, Melchester Rovers haven't been doing that well of late...

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 11, 2019, 11:40:30 am by john_donc857 »
Klopp only did what the other top 4 managers did, rotated his squad for the cup, bringing his star men on for the last half hour to try and win the tie. It backfired that’s football

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 11, 2019, 11:49:26 am by wing commander »
   My passion is the Rovers but I do have a soft spot for two other teams..Gainsborough Trinity as I used to knock about with Grant Morrow and he played for them after he had to retire from pro football because of his knee so used to go watch him..

And Dunfermline because I used to be based in Rosyth when I was in the Navy and they were just down the road so watched them regulary...

My path in life has always led me to be a glory hunter obviously..haha

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 11, 2019, 02:28:18 pm by LincsRover »
   My passion is the Rovers but I do have a soft spot for two other teams..Gainsborough Trinity as I used to knock about with Grant Morrow and he played for them after he had to retire from pro football because of his knee so used to go watch him..

And Dunfermline because I used to be based in Rosyth when I was in the Navy and they were just down the road so watched them regulary...

Bloody hell WC, you really are your own worst enemy aren’t you?! Glory seeking *#%^!!
 ;) :P :P

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 11, 2019, 04:08:55 pm by wing commander »
You're not kidding mate 😁😁😁 I'm just a trophy hunter..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 11, 2019, 04:14:25 pm by IDM »
Trophy, that’s whitehead isn’t it.?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 11, 2019, 07:04:08 pm by adamtherover »

4 lines down and all.i could think was frikkin glory hunter!!!!!!!    🤣🤣🤣🤣

TinyPortal © 2005-2012