Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 05:36:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Ferguson  (Read 14920 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Ferguson
« Reply #30 on January 27, 2019, 12:30:52 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Darren Ferguson will be at the Keepmoat on his birthday , 09/02 , he will be 47 on that day

and when we whitewash em he'll feel like "147"   :crying: :crying: :crying:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 27, 2019, 08:15:00 am by Chris Black come back »
At least we know how he’ll set them up

It’s 50/50.

Will it be the narrow diamond, or the awkward 3-5-2 with midfielders/wingers as wing backs?

At best. Probably right centre back at left wing back and a striker at right wing back WHY WONT THESE PIECES FIT TOGETHER AND WORK DAMMIT.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 27, 2019, 08:23:33 am by sedwardsdrfc »
I could see Rowe going there now either in Jan or in the summer. And at the moment its not a loss we'll feel much

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 27, 2019, 08:30:40 am by Donnywolf »
Got a bad feeling about this game now. Really we should be extra motivated but it can work the other way sometimes and DF will be keen to show he's still got it
Here we go! Does motivation only work one way?

It doeasnt as GM and CB proved at Scunny earlier

They sent a Team to win - and say "take that" imo and we did a real number on them

We will be up for this not least because we will be at home and Players should be scrapping for a place in 5th Round FA Cup Tie

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 27, 2019, 08:37:10 am by drfchound »
Let’s hope he doesn’t entice some of our great players over to the dark side? Marquis, mason, whiteman etc

How would he? They are all on fire under Grant!

I bet they were all glad to see the back of him.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 27, 2019, 08:42:30 am by Bollinger »
Can’t believe he has gone back for a 3rd time.
Their Chairman is totally bonkas. How many managers is he going to sack and how many more than once.
He thinks they should be walking into the Championship.
Definite signs of delusion.

Living near Cambridge I have to put up with that idiot chairman on local TV. I well remember him bigging up McCann and how he was going to be the greatest manager the club had ever seen...until he sacked him. And then I had to listen  to the talk as to how Evans was the one manager he had always wanted and how the Posh job was the one Evans had always coveted and how it was the perfect match...

Ferguson is like the ugly kid who keeps getting chucked by his prettier, flirty girlfriend but keeps going back when her latest fling has failed. Have some self-respect man.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 27, 2019, 08:47:09 am by drfchound »
You will have to put up with Ferguson’s radio interviews now then.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 27, 2019, 09:43:04 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
With Darren Anthony and Barry Fry there, it just ouzes sleeze but they all know what they're getting into when they go there.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 27, 2019, 10:24:58 am by Lifelong supporter »
He is a nobody without the 3 free Man Utd Galacticos his Dad used to lend him.

Does that mean he wasn't a nobody with us then because I don't remember him borrowing anyone from Man U for Rovers?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 27, 2019, 10:27:20 am by Lifelong supporter »
At least we know how he’ll set them up

It’s 50/50.

Will it be the narrow diamond, or the awkward 3-5-2 with midfielders/wingers as wing backs?

That would be funny if it wan't for the fact that much of the out of position changes were forced on him by injuries.
Danny Andrew out for almost all the season.
Easily forgot.

At best. Probably right centre back at left wing back and a striker at right wing back WHY WONT THESE PIECES FIT TOGETHER AND WORK DAMMIT.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 27, 2019, 10:31:06 am by Chris Black come back »
Andrew was injured in August. He had all season to bring in a left back replacement but chose not to do so. He was not on rations but went on hunger strike. His decision.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on January 27, 2019, 10:36:13 am by RedJ »
He also had a left back that he froze out for no apparent reason despite only being young and actually having a decent run of form with him in the side.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 27, 2019, 11:39:21 am by Colemans Left Hook »
took a dislike to him when he froze that german goalkeeper out when he did a last minute mistake

empty cans always make the loudest noises

- players are human beings as Flitcroft used to tell us every week when at Barnsley 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 27, 2019, 11:40:50 am by Donnywolf »
Let’s all laugh at fatty Evans. Send him back to holbeach town fc where he belongs.

I thought that was going to be a song when I started reading it. Just needs a few more lines writing

Lets all laugh at Fatty Evans
Send him back to Holbeach Town

... to the tune that has ... and we'll really shake em up when we win the FA Cup .... in it but I cant remember the Title (doh)

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 27, 2019, 10:22:46 pm by CottyRover »
I'm puzzled. There is a suggestion in the DFP article about the appointment that there was a clause in his contract with us that if he resigned he couldn't take a new managerial position within 6 months. Around that amount of time there is an interview on Manchester radio that seems to effectively flag up that he has had a "break" and is now available. Within days Steve Evans has been sacked and Ferguson has taken over. Doesn't this all sound just a little suspicious?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 27, 2019, 11:09:03 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
yes i was thinking that 

but you missed out on the fact MK Dons are in suicidal form - manager must be on dodgy ground (they let in goals for free in the last few minutes of important matches )-- and their was talk of him going there so remember

so there were "almost" potentially 2 options ??

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 27, 2019, 11:33:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
For the kids who don't know why all of football hates Evans.

http://twohundredpercent.net/steve-evans-football-manager-convicted-criminal/

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 28, 2019, 12:06:42 am by IDM »
I'm puzzled. There is a suggestion in the DFP article about the appointment that there was a clause in his contract with us that if he resigned he couldn't take a new managerial position within 6 months. Around that amount of time there is an interview on Manchester radio that seems to effectively flag up that he has had a "break" and is now available. Within days Steve Evans has been sacked and Ferguson has taken over. Doesn't this all sound just a little suspicious?

There could well be some mileage in that, it does make sense, but in all honesty I couldn’t give a toss..

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 28, 2019, 12:06:54 am by pib »

If they were tapping him up on the basis of last season then I'd have to wonder what they were watching.

Also they let Evans do his usual ripping apart of the squad and signing an entirely new bunch of players in summer, and probably at some cost too, so I doubt they've been looking to give him the elbow until recently.

It is weird seeing Ferguson try to re-write this story as "I just wanted a break" though, when everything (even his own statement to the LMA) seemed to indicate he walked because he didn't like the budgetary restraints he was being asked to work with. If the 6 month clause thing is true then he's blatantly doing a face-saving PR job on the whole saga.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 28, 2019, 12:16:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sooner, rather than later, we'll be able to put aside the fascination, me included, we have with Fergie. Hopefully it will be a week on Saturday. I don't wish him any ill will as in his time here I have no doubt he gave his best.

McCann seems to have all the attributes to be successful. A likeable man, a studious man, a humble man but also a hungry and determined man. He's been our manager for 6 months and in that time, I can't think of any tactical f*ck up he's made. His tactical approach is consistent, his substitutions are sound and you can sense he has a clear vision of what's needed to move us forward.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 28, 2019, 01:30:31 am by PDX_Rover »
I’ve nothing but respect for Grant McCann and how he works. And he works for a board that has patience and common sense and will back him and give him time. A very good combination.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 28, 2019, 07:49:18 am by drfchound »

If they were tapping him up on the basis of last season then I'd have to wonder what they were watching.

Also they let Evans do his usual ripping apart of the squad and signing an entirely new bunch of players in summer, and probably at some cost too, so I doubt they've been looking to give him the elbow until recently.

It is weird seeing Ferguson try to re-write this story as "I just wanted a break" though, when everything (even his own statement to the LMA) seemed to indicate he walked because he didn't like the budgetary restraints he was being asked to work with. If the 6 month clause thing is true then he's blatantly doing a face-saving PR job on the whole saga.

Ferguson also will have the perfect excuse too if Peterbro cock up their top six push because he will roll out his “it wasn’t my squad, I had to make do with what I had” story.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 28, 2019, 10:30:43 am by CottyRover »
It does look as though Ferguson was tapped up before Evans was sacked, at least. But as others have said, it doesn't really matter a damn to us. Things have moved on. I will try not to give it a further thought.

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 28, 2019, 10:57:45 am by Woodhead Passer »
Well, at least we know that they'll bottle making the play-offs by not being able to win their last 6 league games  :chair:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 28, 2019, 11:07:00 am by Donnywolf »
It does look as though Ferguson was tapped up before Evans was sacked, at least. But as others have said, it doesn't really matter a damn to us. Things have moved on. I will try not to give it a further thought.

Me too - I will be completely neutral and certainly will not be applauding or any such thing. I did not enjoy Games as much as I am doing now because basically we were pretty poor to watch. Turgid fare each game - ok - most games

He did not fill me with any joy during his "reign" except when he left. OK others may disagree but I dont care on this occassion. This is my opinion and I wont change

I prefer GM every minute of every Game !

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 28, 2019, 04:25:33 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

sky sports ticker said he was approached on Friday

is this being (a) unprofessional or (b) very unprofessional   saying that

and Charlton missed a penalt to win that match

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 29, 2019, 02:55:34 pm by dickos1 »
Lets just hope he’s not as good for them in his first 15 games as he was for us

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 29, 2019, 03:19:01 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Lets just hope he’s not as good for them in his first 15 games as he was for us

But in the long run we could benefit from a end of season collapse for posh when there is still everything to play for. Even if they beat us in this one match.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 29, 2019, 03:37:32 pm by dickos1 »
Aye but there’s only 17 games left, so if he does well in the first 15, what happens after that won’t matter to us

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 29, 2019, 03:38:27 pm by RedJ »
Unless we're both in the playoffs...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012