Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 10:56:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Probably do it quicker then I thought  (Read 5743 times)

DINGLE

• Forum Member
Probably do it quicker then I thought
« on January 27, 2019, 12:58:54 pm by DINGLE »
https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=268417.0

Do you still think we won’t make up the 11 gap ? Only two behind now and still them to play  :rolleyes: :lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Probably do it quicker then I thought
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2019, 02:22:43 pm by Jonathan »
Yeah you’ve done well. Anyhow, hopefully see you in the play offs.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2019, 02:45:28 pm by donny dave »
You are doing well at the moment, good luck until you play us again.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 27, 2019, 03:04:41 pm by stuey »
Coming on another teams forum banging on about well you're doing? Strange sort these Dingles

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 27, 2019, 03:56:28 pm by German Rover »
To be frank, I'd rather hear about barnsley doing well, than read about how great millwall are.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 27, 2019, 04:16:32 pm by les@donr »
I think we should welcome the comments of other teams  fans on our forum, as long as they are not d1cks.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 27, 2019, 04:26:23 pm by tyke1962 »
Be glad when the transfer window shuts and we keep what we've got myself .

Already lost two and the assistant HC , worrying .

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 01, 2019, 09:01:35 pm by DINGLE »
You could do us a massive favour tomorrow if we win, you’ll only need to draw and we’ll have done the impossible within a 30 days hahahaha

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 01, 2019, 09:43:37 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Barnsley are reminding me of The Titanic at the moment ..... iceberg straight ahead the phrase "rats jumping ship"comes to mind.

1. The barnsley coach Winkler "winkles" his way out of Barnsley to Uddersfield
2. The Chief executive thinks barnsley is so 'orrible he goes to somewhere "nice"
3. to top it all they loan Isgrove to Portsmouth for the season 2 days ago  it gets even better & better
4. They sell Moncur to Luton
5. they sell a striker to Sunderland for £200,000

3 4 & 5  are not the cleverest of decisions

we've all heard the phrase "The enemy of my enemy is my friend

seems like Barnsley are strengthening those teams at the expense of Charlton Peterborough & Rovers .... or perhaps the owners don't want promotion  .... very very strange decisions  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 01, 2019, 10:12:51 pm by tyke1962 »
Barnsley are reminding me of The Titanic at the moment ..... iceberg straight ahead the phrase "rats jumping ship"comes to mind.

2. The Chief executive thinks barnsley is so 'orrible he goes to somewhere "nice"
3. to top it all they loan Isgrove to Portsmouth for the season 2 days ago  it gets even better & better

seems like Barnsley are strengthening those teams at the expense of Charlton Peterborough & Rovers .... or perhaps the owners don't want promotion  .... very very strange decisions  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Well let me just add a bit of balance to your points .

The new HC at Huddersfield is somebody who Winkler has worked with before in Germany and he is for the next few months at least getting a promotion to the PL and a step up .

The CEO position is an internal move as our owners own OGC Nice too in France , the CEO is also French by the way , Barnsley or the French Riviera .... hmmm !!!

Isgrove can't play two consecutive games without pulling up with some injury or another and then he's out for 10 games , good luck with that one Pompey .

Moncur can be decent on his day , trouble is you get one good game out of him in 7 or 8 , he is a luxury and doesn't work hard enough .

We haven't sold a striker to Sunderland for £200k , in fact we've sold nobody at all to Sunderland .

Ironically the year the Titanic went down we won the FA cup a week later .

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 01, 2019, 10:19:17 pm by DRNaith »
And there was me thinking the whole Titanic story wasn't made up fantasy!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 01, 2019, 10:21:25 pm by drfchound »

The new HC at Huddersfield is somebody who Winkler has worked with before in Germany and he is for the next few months at least getting a promotion to the PL and a step up .

The CEO position is an internal move as our owners own OGC Nice too in France , the CEO is also French by the way , Barnsley or the French Riviera .... hmmm !!!

Isgrove can't play two consecutive games without pulling up with some injury or another and then he's out for 10 games , good luck with that one Pompey .

Moncur can be decent on his day , trouble is you get one good game out of him in 7 or 8 , he is a luxury and doesn't work hard enough .

We haven't sold a striker to Sunderland for £200k , in fact we've sold nobody at all to Sunderland .

Maybe another South Yorkshire club could win it this year.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 01, 2019, 10:32:50 pm by tyke1962 »

Maybe another South Yorkshire club could win it this year.

Possibly , why not , Leicester won the PL after all .

If you can't dream then what's the point I say .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 01, 2019, 10:36:18 pm by drfchound »
Dare to dream eh.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 01, 2019, 10:38:43 pm by Pancho Regan »
I’m loving the regular visits to our forum by our friends from Barnsley.

I think since we took their pants down at Oakwell they are a bit obsessed by us.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 01, 2019, 10:55:08 pm by tyke1962 »

I think since we took their pants down at Oakwell they are a bit obsessed by us.

Aye you played well that day but it's over 46 games isn't it .

Plus you didn't win either .

:rolleyes:

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 01, 2019, 10:59:25 pm by Pancho Regan »

No we didn’t, but you left Oakwell that evening knowing that we deserved to.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 02, 2019, 03:12:30 am by Colemans Left Hook »
i'm sure i saw the sky ticker saying Barnsley had sold s forward to Sundies the other day but no trace anywhere but as they say 2 out of 3 ain't bad

you might have won the 1919 facup

but you made a right "ass" of the 1910 final  love the bit about the Barnsley headquarters being in a pub

The Donkey Mascot was called Amos should have renamed him Amiss !

Just let us know if you want to know more of your clubs history.

Barnsley are the only club that have conceeded a goal scored by a stand up TV comedian & he just happened to score his one and only goal against The Dingles playing for a team called Doncaster Rovers F.C.   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 03:15:46 am by Colemans Left Hook »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 02, 2019, 09:24:50 am by tyke1962 »
i'm sure i saw the sky ticker saying Barnsley had sold s forward to Sundies the other day but no trace anywhere but as they say 2 out of 3 ain't bad

you might have won the 1919 facup

but you made a right "ass" of the 1910 final  love the bit about the Barnsley headquarters being in a pub

The Donkey Mascot was called Amos should have renamed him Amiss !

Just let us know if you want to know more of your clubs history.

Barnsley are the only club that have conceeded a goal scored by a stand up TV comedian & he just happened to score his one and only goal against The Dingles playing for a team called Doncaster Rovers F.C.   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Clearly your BFC history isn't great mate , we won the FA cup in 1912 but thanks for trying .

:laugh:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 02, 2019, 11:56:35 am by tyke1962 »

No we didn’t, but you left Oakwell that evening knowing that we deserved to.

The difference is if we can spin this the other way , we would have left the keepmoat absolutely seething and asking why the hell we didn't win the game , the team would have received pelters on forums like these .

It most certainly wouldn't have warranted a badge of honour .

Desperately trying not to come over all Wednesday but simply telling you how it would be .

You played us off the park that day but the league table says we are a better side , at least at this stage of the season .

For what it's worth the play offs terrify me in all honesty and in my opinion we have to get the automatics .

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 02, 2019, 01:23:44 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
yes i knew that about 1912 but i ain't going to give you credit am i - make you work for it

as regards Barnsley and the play offs after that non league friday night facup tv defeat the bloke took immediate action and signed a job lot from memory -sure you were bottom - you got (scraped is a fair word) into the play offs and played against a team who had been up there all year from memory scored a deflected goal on half time was the key but all credit to you on getting promoted (non gritted teeth here )- wanted u to do well when in the Premiership as i am sure most of us on here did  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

as for the donkey they should have called him Donquioti 

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 02, 2019, 07:27:39 pm by DINGLE »
Well them 11 points have been reeled in.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 02, 2019, 07:43:33 pm by Superspy »
Nicely done, now carry on and secure that automatic spot please so we can go up through the play-offs and still be playing each other next year.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 02, 2019, 08:02:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well them 11 points have been reeled in.

One favour deserves another!

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 02, 2019, 08:14:03 pm by tyke1962 »
Nicely done, now carry on and secure that automatic spot please so we can go up through the play-offs and still be playing each other next year.

Never that easy is it ?

All I can say is we are going about it the right way , absolutely battered Scunny today from start to finish and really should have had another 3 or 4 .

Good point today for rovers and an even better one with Peterborough losing .

Some twists and turns to come to say the least .

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 02, 2019, 08:14:48 pm by Jim Dobbin »
yes i knew that about 1912 but i ain't going to give you credit am i - make you work for it

as regards Barnsley and the play offs after that non league friday night facup tv defeat the bloke took immediate action and signed a job lot from memory -sure you were bottom - you got (scraped is a fair word) into the play offs and played against a team who had been up there all year from memory scored a deflected goal on half time was the key but all credit to you on getting promoted (non gritted teeth here )- wanted u to do well when in the Premiership as i am sure most of us on here did  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Jesus, they walked the play offs that year including the final. I think they went through the play off games scoring 8/9 goals and conceding only a few..

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 02, 2019, 08:30:29 pm by knockers »
Luton and Barnsley deffo going up auto.

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 02, 2019, 09:01:26 pm by DINGLE »

Jesus, they walked the play offs that year including the final. I think they went through the play off games scoring 8/9 goals and conceding only a few..
scored 13 in our last 4 games, having been the best side in the league since Christmas.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 02, 2019, 09:24:55 pm by tyke1962 »

Not to mention Jim having to go to champions Wigan on the last day needing to win and squeeze in to the play offs and battering them 4-1 .

I knew after that we'd do it , far too much momentum going for us plus a superb team led by Connor Hourihane .

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 02, 2019, 09:36:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
Fair play to Barnsley. On a right run of form. We did them a favour today without doubt. We’re in the mix too. Heady stuff.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012