Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:11:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keepmoat ticket allocation for rd 5  (Read 3406 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Keepmoat ticket allocation for rd 5
« on January 27, 2019, 07:52:23 pm by normal rules »
Can we just give the absolute bare minimum to the away team if we are lucky enough to draw a home fixture.
I’m sure we will sell the relevant number to home supporters.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
Re: Keepmoat ticket allocation for rd 5
« Reply #1 on January 27, 2019, 07:58:53 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
What is the absolute bare minimum out of interest?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 27, 2019, 08:00:06 pm by the vicar »
15% int it

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 27, 2019, 08:00:19 pm by Filo »
What is the absolute bare minimum out of interest?

15% of the capacity I believe

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 27, 2019, 08:00:58 pm by dknward2 »
put something similar in another thread have 3 sides of the ground full with rovers fans.

ticket prices would still need to be sensibly  especially if we end up tv too some may feel that even a once in a lifetime game maybe not worth x price

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 27, 2019, 08:03:35 pm by Boomstick »
If we ever get to the premiership I think the same will be done.

100% agree, if we are drawn at home definitely give the away team the minimum.

Perhaps a question for SM to ask the club?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 27, 2019, 08:05:28 pm by Padge_DRFC »
They would just give the north stand then 11k left in home end

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 27, 2019, 08:10:25 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I’m almost sure the north stand is designed to be able to physically split into 2 stands, should the need ever arise, be nice to have 3 and a half sides of the ground if legal and above board

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 27, 2019, 08:12:09 pm by the vicar »
If we draw a big gun at home first thing we need to do is get rid of them great big sterile areas make them much smaller and get rid of the one in the south west corner under the big screen

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 27, 2019, 08:15:20 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
put something similar in another thread have 3 sides of the ground full with rovers fans.

ticket prices would still need to be sensibly  especially if we end up tv too some may feel that even a once in a lifetime game maybe not worth x price

Hopefully if we are drawn at home, then because of the prize money we have already won in this competition, the club could afford to keep the prices same as the Oldham game.

Would be a great way to celebrate this cup run and also reward fans 

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 27, 2019, 08:17:35 pm by normal rules »
I remember a game when rovers supporters were in one part of the north stand. The concourse can be closed off to allow this.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 27, 2019, 08:20:56 pm by idler »
Wasn't it against Crewe in the Johnson's Paint Trophy semi?
Then again it could have been Palace at home.😳

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 27, 2019, 08:21:05 pm by mushRTID »

Hopefully if we are drawn at home, then because of the prize money we have already won in this competition, the club could afford to keep the prices same as the Oldham game.

I think both teams have to agree the price. So say a Millwall or Bristol City at home, they may choose not to help fill our ground.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 27, 2019, 08:22:31 pm by selby »
  I am more concerned that the fans who went to Chorley away get the first chance of tickets if we draw Wimbledon away or any other team with a small capacity for away fans. That would be fair.
   The club should have a record of who purchased the tickets for that game.And I don't want Millwall fans anywhere near Doncaster never mind the Keepmoat.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 08:27:27 pm by selby »

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 27, 2019, 08:29:14 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Well said Selby. I’m fully aware that people can’t / couldn’t go to certain matches, but I’m sure the general consensus would be to look after those that have been to the previous rounds.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 27, 2019, 08:33:08 pm by drfchound »
The club wouldn’t have a record of a purchase from the ticket office of a ticket sold in general sale would they, rather than to a STH.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 27, 2019, 08:38:42 pm by Superspy »

I think both teams have to agree the price. So say a Millwall or Bristol City at home, they may choose not to help fill our ground.

I'm not 100% on this but I thought somebody mentioned in another thread that the rules had changed and the home side set the price now?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 27, 2019, 08:40:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We split the North Stand for the Swansea game too. Depends on the draw of course but you would expect the club will give home fans every chance to fill the ground.

Don't forget also, away fans can be accommodated in the North section of the East stand only so virtually the whole of the North Stand could be home fans too. However, this is less likely as I think the numbers would be less than the 15% for away fans.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 27, 2019, 08:43:22 pm by RedJ »
Also split the stand for Notts County and Palace.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 27, 2019, 08:43:44 pm by IDM »
Wasn't it against Crewe in the Johnson's Paint Trophy semi?
Then again it could have been Palace at home.😳

Fairly sure we did this for the Crewe game..

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 27, 2019, 08:54:23 pm by normal rules »
Working on a working capacity of 14500, 15% would be about 2200. So I would give away supporters the north east corner including the east stand block and two of the north stand, minimal segregation with rovers fans behind both goals. Not sure the concourse would allow this though.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 27, 2019, 08:58:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Working on a working capacity of 14500, 15% would be about 2200. So I would give away supporters the north east corner including the east stand block and two of the north stand, minimal segregation with rovers fans behind both goals. Not sure the concourse would allow this though.

I believe it can!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 27, 2019, 09:09:26 pm by selby »
  Hound, the away ticket allocation at such as Wimbledon will not fulfil the season ticket allocation. The ground only holds just over 4000 in total as far as I know. But most pay by card and to my mind every effort should go into the supporters who went to the Chorley game away.
  Hopefully the situation will not arise, and everyone who wants to go to a game gets the opportunity.
  I would like to  know where all these supporters have been that will fill all the East Stand and part of the North Stand by the way.
  If I remember correctly the Tottenham game at home in the league cup, they insisted we charge the then full Price and did not want concessions, which we refused to agree to, but full price was charged at our prices, but they wanted to charge more. So don't count on the game being at reduced prices again, I hope it is, but I am not confident all of the big clubs will play ball.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 27, 2019, 09:27:01 pm by dknward2 »
Taken from the F.A. cup rules

Competition Proper
Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions.
The away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home Club’s spectators if mutually agreed by both Clubs.

As long as it’s a minimum adult price of 10 pound the home team decides

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 27, 2019, 09:33:37 pm by adamtherover »
  I am more concerned that the fans who went to Chorley away get the first chance of tickets if we draw Wimbledon away or any other team with a small capacity for away fans. That would be fair.
   The club should have a record of who purchased the tickets for that game.And I don't want Millwall fans anywhere near Doncaster never mind the Keepmoat.
swings and roundabouts really, I went to Southend away but couldn't do chorley due to work, a much more demanding trip. Which should be considered higher up the list when it comes to a ticket lottery?   

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 27, 2019, 09:42:41 pm by selby »
 Dknward 2, and the brand that is Chelsea and Manchester United would not put pressure on us would they.
   Believe me they would split a fart for a halfpenny, the last thing they would consider are the fans. In fact their attitude would be you should be honoured with their presence.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 27, 2019, 09:47:29 pm by RedJ »
swings and roundabouts really, I went to Southend away but couldn't do chorley due to work, a much more demanding trip. Which should be considered higher up the list when it comes to a ticket lottery?   

Chorley, since it's a Cup game.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 27, 2019, 09:55:35 pm by adamtherover »
I think the fairest would be to tally complete away games in all comps all season..   as in theory you could have someone who has never missed a game apart from chorley for example, then someone who has only been to one away game all season I.e. chorley.   Hardly seems.fair does.it....

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 27, 2019, 09:57:19 pm by dknward2 »
Dknward 2, and the brand that is Chelsea and Manchester United would not put pressure on us would they.
   Believe me they would split a fart for a halfpenny, the last thing they would consider are the fans. In fact their attitude would be you should be honoured with their presence.

The fact is that if we are the home team then there is nothing they can do if we (drfc) decide to sell tickets at 10 for home fans if they want to charge 20 to away they have to ask us for approval so the home team are in the driving seat.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 27, 2019, 10:01:58 pm by RedJ »
I think the fairest would be to tally complete away games in all comps all season..   as in theory you could have someone who has never missed a game apart from chorley for example, then someone who has only been to one away game all season I.e. chorley.   Hardly seems.fair does.it....

Life isn't fair, mate.

Either scenario would suit me fine as I've been to them all anyway, but I think for a Cup game tickets for that competition should get first priority.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012