Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:16:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wilks/FA Suspension communication  (Read 5542 times)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Wilks/FA Suspension communication
« on February 17, 2019, 07:00:38 pm by NickDRFC »
Any chance we can reinstate that thread from earlier? We were outclassed today, no doubt, so not trying to make any excuses but still think it was a huge cock up by the FA and some good points were made in that thread - although I suppose if it’s not reinstated people can just air the same grievances here again!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Wilks/FA Suspension communication
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2019, 07:06:20 pm by Filo »
It was a disgrace left to the last minute to tell us

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2019, 07:08:15 pm by adamtherover »
So was the yellow cards not wiped clean at the 3rd.round as previously stated.  So the prem teams come in fresh and we have to do 2 more.games with the same rules governing yellows? Hardly seems fair.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2019, 07:12:42 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
So was the yellow cards not wiped clean at the 3rd.round as previously stated.  So the prem teams come in fresh and we have to do 2 more.games with the same rules governing yellows? Hardly seems fair.

Very similar argument when Chorley played us. They have played games leading up to the first round and got punished in the replay. It’s somwthing the FA have to address next season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2019, 07:15:10 pm by drfchound »

Agreed Adam.
I was surprised on getting into the ground that Mallik was suspended.
Didn’t SM tell us that the club had checked with the FA and thatMallik was clear to play.
No slur on SM ( or whoever it was) by the way.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2019, 07:19:26 pm by adamtherover »
Once again, just favouring the big boys. I don't know why it surprised me tbh...

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2019, 07:30:10 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
right here's my post   when i heard about that coventry team getting thrown out and how it might relate to wilkes -- i thought today thrown out means lose the £125,000 if he played and ........... later

The strange thing is that Wilks does not appear on the FA Website for suspensions / awaiting suspensions etc

I find it difficult to use sometimes - and things are not always where you expect them. For instance Press the One Caution away tab with Doncaster Rovers and you get BW and AB - BUT no Herbie

He appears in the Liverpool players "One Caution away" section. Fair enough.

Try Leeds then for Wilks and you get 4 Players on a Ban Tyler Denton (hee hee) is one but no Wilks to be found in any Category

Can anyone find him or has anyone got a better Website ?

i was listening to the radio solent prematch waffle just before Rovers played at Portsmouth and they mentioned their local team
Moneyfields F C    (shame Salford couldn't use this name)  were playing at the weekend and mention their opponents had received a reprieve from being knocked out the  F A Fase -- wasn't taking much notice waiting for the Donny bit
http://www.thefa.com/competitions/fa-vase/results

15:00    6    Coventry United FC    3 - 2    Leicester Nirvana FC       
+
tie awarded to Leicester Nirvana - Coventry United removed - subject to appeal

funny thing is another team also got thrown out in that round

this Coventry united team pleaded that the fa website did not show player "x" was illegable but the F A said "tough $hit" that's what the radio station said

for anyone sad enough to want to know the potential pitfalls of how the sytem works read below --

http://www.coventryunited.co.uk/news/statement-f-a-vase/

been a few years now since chesterfield played that "suspended" player against Rovers -- how times change

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2019, 07:59:15 pm by RoversAlias »
The change to yellow cards being competition specific this season is a total mess and has been very confusing. Stupid really.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Wilks
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2019, 08:30:02 pm by RoversAlias »
Can someone explain to me what happened there, then?

I presume McCann or someone imagined this "yellows wiped at Round 3" rule but it seemed from all corners like he would be eligible to play today, then he had to sit out last minute.

We certainly missed his presence up front today, he'd have caused Joel Ward and van Aanholt plenty of problems.

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2019, 08:35:35 pm by A9 »
Wilkes got a card in the 3rd and 4th round. Cards BEFORE the 3rd were wiped to prevent the Prem teams having an advantage.

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Wilks
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2019, 08:37:16 pm by Filo »
The club enquired at the begining of the week and the FA said he was n’t banned, the FA then said last night that he was banned.

In my opinion because the FA had f**ked up they should have disregarded the ban at that late stage after telling us everything was ok

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2019, 08:41:55 pm by A9 »
The FA didn’t say he wasn’t banned from what I’ve read / heard.
Any team League 2 or League 1 has cards wiped after round 2. Prem and championship teams then enter and everyone so it all fair, but Wilkes got cards in R3 and R4.
The FA somehow missed his name of the list of the banned players but it’s the clubs responsibility to know he’s had two cards.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2019, 08:42:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
It is piss poor. The excuse of new software is no excuse at all. I am not saying this was malign, but I can also tell you that I doubt this would have happened to any Premier League player (I know they would not have had same issue, but you get my point). It was fine to make an error at our expense, but this would not have been same for a higher league club.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2019, 08:43:06 pm by Surrey Rover »
Wilkes got a card in the 3rd and 4th round. Cards BEFORE the 3rd were wiped to prevent the Prem teams having an advantage.
I don’t think that is correct either otherwise Butler would not have been suspended for the fourth round tie against Oldham

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2019, 08:44:50 pm by drfchound »
I don’t think that is correct either otherwise Butler would not have been suspended for the fourth round tie against Oldham

Yeah, that is a good point SurreyRover.
It has been a proper cock up.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 17, 2019, 08:47:01 pm by NickDRFC »
Any team League 2 or League 1 has cards wiped after round 2. Prem and championship teams then enter and everyone so it all fair, but Wilkes got cards in R3 and R4.
The FA somehow missed his name of the list of the banned players but it’s the clubs responsibility to know he’s had two cards.

Actually, the FA did say he wasn’t banned. Silent majority reported that our secretary had contacted the FA earlier this week, and the FA confirmed that there was no ban. The FA then got in touch yesterday to say that they were wrong, and he was indeed suspended. Due to a software error or something at their end.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2019, 08:53:19 pm by Donnywolf »
Not for the first time I am bamboozled. The FA are supposed to be on top of everything

They have a website which contains the Discipline / Suspensions and Mallik Wilks was NOWHERE to be seen. I challenged people to find him (see a couple of replies above) or find a better Site

Nobody replied so I assumed he was not suspended but how can the arbiters make such a cock up and why does the Site not work a lot easier that in does. Just a database 'avin a laugh

Bloody hell when I was working 7+ years back I had an HR one that did s***s and wonders and Visitors wanted me to launch it at their Sites - and I was a self taught duffer but by god mine was massively more efficient than that FA crap

However even if they work tremendously well they are still only as good as the data that goes into them - so FA crap you have a crap website and crap information in it

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 17, 2019, 08:53:55 pm by Filo »

Actually, the FA did say he wasn’t banned. Silent majority reported that our secretary had contacted the FA earlier this week, and the FA confirmed that there was no ban. The FA then got in touch yesterday to say that they were wrong, and he was indeed suspended. Due to a software error or something at their end.

8:30pm last night GM found out

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 17, 2019, 09:02:55 pm by dickos1 »
It’s poor from the FA but rovers would’ve known he’s been booked in round 3 and 4 so must have just been playing dumb once they saw his name wasnt on the list.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 17, 2019, 09:05:20 pm by roversdude »
But did they know the rules ???

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 17, 2019, 09:09:32 pm by bobjimwilly »
From what I heard the ref had misspelled Malik's surname when he received the 5th yellow, so it never got logged in such a way it would automatically appear on their system and on the website etc, which is why when the club enquired they were incorrectly told he could play today.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 17, 2019, 09:10:28 pm by Donnywolf »
http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

Try this - he is still not anywhere obvious - good idea - crap delivery

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 17, 2019, 09:12:01 pm by drfchound »
From what I heard the ref had misspelled Malik's surname when he received the 5th yellow, so it never got logged in such a way it would automatically appear on their system and on the website etc, which is why when the club enquired they were incorrectly told he could play today.

5th yellow?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 17, 2019, 09:18:20 pm by Donnywolf »
Should not come into it as it is Competition specific.

In the thing above he is not mentioned either in "One game away" section. Only AB BW and HK (but he is listed as LFC)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 17, 2019, 09:42:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Yeah, that is a good point SurreyRover.
It has been a proper cock up.

That is a very good point.

Either:
They've got it wrong with Wilks
They got it wrong with Butler or
There's no amnesty at all.

The club should be demanding clarity. If it's Butler that has been incorrectly treated, he should be incandescent because losing his place in the team as a 35 year old (which he did ONLY because of that ban) could mean the end of his career.

If it's Wilks they've called wrong, that would be a bloody disgrace.

If they don't have an amnesty for clubs, in a competition where seeded clubs already get a huge advantage in coming in later, then they have simply not thought the competition-specific yellow card thing through.

Whichever one it is, it's a massive f**k up by the FA.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 17, 2019, 10:18:38 pm by dickos1 »

Even if we thought the slate was clean after 3rd round he was still banned cause his bookings were in 3rd and 4th round weren’t they?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 17, 2019, 11:14:04 pm by roversontheup »

Even if we thought the slate was clean after 3rd round he was still banned cause his bookings were in 3rd and 4th round weren’t they?
But doesn’t that mean only his 4th round booking is current?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 17, 2019, 11:15:53 pm by drfchound »

But doesn’t that mean only his 4th round booking is current?

Of course it would.
Easy to understand.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 17, 2019, 11:19:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm assuming the issue is that there never was a yellow card amnesty. In which case, 2 thoughts.

1) This is grossly unfair on lower League and non-league clubs and (common theme) totally against the spirit of disciplinary laws of the game.

2) Where did so many of us pick up the idea that there WAS an amnesty?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 17, 2019, 11:22:48 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Its disgusting from the FA  and its even more disgusting they seem to be covering it up .................but am i surprised.................

TinyPortal © 2005-2012