Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 02:01:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scandal !!!  (Read 13281 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Scandal !!!
« Reply #30 on March 02, 2019, 06:17:25 pm by steve@dcfd »
Looking at that photograph Rowe is on side another linesman gets it wrong mind he wasn’t good all second half

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 02, 2019, 06:22:20 pm by Filo »
These officials should be made to come out and justify decisions like that, but the tef assessors report will go in, and they’ll get another job next week to ruin someone elses weekend

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 02, 2019, 06:26:21 pm by PDX_Rover »
The thing that really pisses me off is that it’s a big mistake that has cost our club two points, which could be critical. We need VAR at every professional game. There’s no reason not to have it.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 02, 2019, 06:26:43 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on the performance of the 3 officials. What I can say that it is ridiculous to insinuate that they are bent or cheats. They might have made terrible mistakes, but cheats?.........for crying out loud! To be called bent or a cheat then you must “act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.”
What proof is there that they have benefited from controversial decisions.........thought not!    :zzz:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on March 02, 2019, 06:29:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Exactly right Wiltshire Exile.  People forget the decisions that they gave in our favour.  I'm thoroughly pissed off, make no mistake but it's infantile to call then bent or cheats.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 02, 2019, 06:31:01 pm by NickDRFC »
The thing that really pisses me off is that it’s a big mistake that has cost our club two points, which could be critical. We need VAR at every professional game. There’s no reason not to have it.

Who’s going to pay for it? There’s a reason right there.

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 02, 2019, 06:36:41 pm by swifty50 »
You can't call them cheats, it implies they knew what they where doing!!!!!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 02, 2019, 06:43:05 pm by Copps is Magic »
I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on the performance of the 3 officials. What I can say that it is ridiculous to insinuate that they are bent or cheats. They might have made terrible mistakes, but cheats?.........for crying out loud! To be called bent or a cheat then you must “act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.”
What proof is there that they have benefited from controversial decisions.........thought not!    :zzz:

All well and good on paper (and I don't make a habit of calling officials cheats for the record) but in the heat of the game ... where the commentators pointed out numerous times McCann was having a go at the linesman (he got a yellow card for it) and also the crowd... then a last minute goal for which there is no conceivable reason to disallow.... do you think its conceivable that in that little head of his (constrained by human nature) that the linesman didn't think it was a 'nice idea' to interject himself into the game?!

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 02, 2019, 06:49:38 pm by eastender »
Lee Bowyer Thought it was off side, so it must have been.

Louis Mendez
@LouisMend
Replying to @LouisMend @BBCLondonSport
Bowyer has seen the offside goal back and says he thinks it was correctly ruled out. Says he thought the referee had a very good game today. #cafc @BBCLondonSport

5:29 PM - Mar 2, 2019

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 02, 2019, 06:52:39 pm by LincsRover »
f**king fuming, that Lino should never have a flag in his hand again!

Not in his hand, up his f*ck*ng incompetent, bent a*sehole until he agrees never to run the line in anything higher than junior Sunday league - useless c*nt!!  :headbang:

Now I’m off to sit in a darkened room with a Havana 7 and lots of ice!  :crying:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:55:03 pm by LincsRover »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 02, 2019, 06:53:08 pm by RoversAlias »
Course he's going to say that. Not gonna come out and say "we should've lost" is he.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:55:14 pm by RoversAlias »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 02, 2019, 06:53:18 pm by Filo »
Lee Bowyer Thought it was off side, so it must have been.

Louis Mendez
@LouisMend
Replying to @LouisMend @BBCLondonSport
Bowyer has seen the offside goal back and says he thinks it was correctly ruled out. Says he thought the referee had a very good game today. #cafc @BBCLondonSport

5:29 PM - Mar 2, 2019

Lee Bowyer would say that, it benefitted his team

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 02, 2019, 06:53:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

All well and good on paper (and I don't make a habit of calling officials cheats for the record) but in the heat of the game ... where the commentators pointed out numerous times McCann was having a go at the linesman (he got a yellow card for it) and also the crowd... then a last minute goal for which there is no conceivable reason to disallow.... do you think its conceivable that in that little head of his (constrained by human nature) that the linesman didn't think it was a 'nice idea' to interject himself into the game?!

No. He may have got it wrong (I haven't seen it back yet) but I don't believe he's deliberately got it wrong. I'm convinced Blair was onside too so, more likely he might need to watch both back himself for the good of his education!

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 02, 2019, 07:06:38 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Why is that just a single, (alleged), mistake is supposed to have cost us all three points? Weren’t there situations where our players should have shot rather than passed........and vice versa? Didn’t JM concede an own goal? Would you think that might have “cost our club two points”? Of course not.

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 02, 2019, 07:06:46 pm by swifty50 »
Blair was onside he came from behind marquis!!!!!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 02, 2019, 07:11:08 pm by RoversAlias »

Why is that just a single, (alleged), mistake is supposed to have cost us all three points? Weren’t there situations where our players should have shot rather than passed........and vice versa? Didn’t JM concede an own goal? Would you think that might have “cost our club two points”? Of course not.

That's not the same as being blatantly robbed of a legitimate goal though, is it?

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 02, 2019, 07:12:24 pm by weststander »
Lee Bowyer was behind me with bloke videoing game

They played it back .I asked a smiling LB to give me his verdict.He shrugged and smiled. I said the smile says it all

The bloke filming looked down and mouthed the word " goal"

I thought the rules of a touchline ban forbids a manager from contact with player, dugout and any club official. If the man videoing is a club official then Bowyer was in contravention of his ban, unless I am mistaken about the rule.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 07:20:30 pm by weststander »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 02, 2019, 07:13:40 pm by Copps is Magic »

No. He may have got it wrong (I haven't seen it back yet) but I don't believe he's deliberately got it wrong.

Then you know him better than all of us.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 02, 2019, 07:14:51 pm by PDX_Rover »

What are you taking about? The point is that we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. That cost is two points. An important two points. The fact that Marquis scored an own goal is irrelevant. It doesn’t matter who scored their goal. We scored another and it was incorrectly not given.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 02, 2019, 07:21:21 pm by drfchound »
When JM hit his shot I thought it was going into the top corner.
It did hit one of our players but I can’t be sure who.From the pictures above, if it was Rowe then it should have been a goal.
If it was May, no goal.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 02, 2019, 07:28:27 pm by PDX_Rover »
Didn’t touch May.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 02, 2019, 07:29:05 pm by Copps is Magic »
Yeah, lets stop this nonsense it touched May. It touched Tommy Rowe a player the linesman couldn't even possibly see.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 02, 2019, 07:30:28 pm by drfchound »
I didn’t say it did hit May.
I said IF it had done.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 02, 2019, 07:31:21 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

What are you taking about? The point is that we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. That cost is two points. An important two points. The fact that Marquis scored an own goal is irreleviant. It doesn’t matter who scored their goal. We scored another and it was incorrectly not given.

The point is, now matter how unlucky JM was he made a mistake and conceded an own goal.
As for the other ‘goal’ the officials decided, in real time, that it was not a goal and ruled it out. To state the bleeding obvious, that’s why independent referees are appointed. They are independent and give decisions which are their own opinions and to suggest that they seek to gain from their decisions, is, quite frankly ridiculous and even slanderous.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on March 02, 2019, 07:33:01 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

So, you seriously think that the linesman deliberately flagged so that he could bring an element of controversy/publicity for himself?  Ridiculous!   :facepalm:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on March 02, 2019, 07:33:50 pm by drfchound »

What are you taking about? The point is that we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. That cost is two points. An important two points. The fact that Marquis scored an own goal is irreleviant. It doesn’t matter who scored their goal. We scored another and it was incorrectly not given.

The point is, now matter how unlucky JM was he made a mistake and conceded an own goal.
As for the other ‘goal’ the officials decided, in real time, that it was not a goal and ruled it out. To state the bleeding obvious, that’s why independent referees are appointed. They are independent and give decisions which are their own opinions and to suggest that they seek to gain from their decisions, is, quite frankly ridiculous and even slanderous.

So you have never slated a ref then or questioned a decision.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 02, 2019, 07:40:24 pm by anton123 »
The video is on Facebook league one banter page didn’t touch any1 goal all day long the Lino made a mistake end of

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 02, 2019, 07:40:50 pm by Copps is Magic »

So, you seriously think that the linesman deliberately flagged so that he could bring an element of controversy/publicity for himself?  Ridiculous!   :facepalm:

I haven't suggested anything like that, clearly. I am asking you if in the drama and turmoil of a game and human emotions the officials don't interject themselves into situations they have no right to be in?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 02, 2019, 07:44:49 pm by Jimmydee »
When the ref was discussing the issue with his "assistant" he pointed his finger back into his own chest as if to gesture that it's 'me' who makes the final decision and I expected him to point to the centre circle to acknowledge the goal, so i assume that it's the ref who decided.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 02, 2019, 07:47:25 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

So you have never slated a ref then or questioned a decision.

Oh, yes I have! But, as an ex, (not very good😀) referee, I do try and appreciate what is going through the officials’ heads when controversial decisions have to made. And as for being called bent or a cheat I would say that is deeply offensive, whether or not the referee, in the fans opinion, is putting on a poor performance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012