Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 01:48:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scandal !!!  (Read 13274 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Scandal !!!
« Reply #60 on March 02, 2019, 07:50:00 pm by PDX_Rover »
The video is on Facebook league one banter page didn’t touch any1 goal all day long the Lino made a mistake end of

Interesting that. Watching it online I thought it went straight in and the lino flagged Alfie offside who was not lying to do with that phase of play.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 02, 2019, 07:51:22 pm by PDX_Rover »
The thing that really pisses me off is that it’s a big mistake that has cost our club two points, which could be critical. We need VAR at every professional game. There’s no reason not to have it.

Why is that just a single, (alleged), mistake is supposed to have cost us all three points? Weren’t there situations where our players should have shot rather than passed........and vice versa? Didn’t JM concede an own goal? Would you think that might have “cost our club two points”? Of course not.

What are you taking about? The point is that we had a perfectly good goal disallowed. That cost is two points. An important two points. The fact that Marquis scored an own goal is irreleviant. It doesn’t matter who scored their goal. We scored another and it was incorrectly not given.

The point is, now matter how unlucky JM was he made a mistake and conceded an own goal.
As for the other ‘goal’ the officials decided, in real time, that it was not a goal and ruled it out. To state the bleeding obvious, that’s why independent referees are appointed. They are independent and give decisions which are their own opinions and to suggest that they seek to gain from their decisions, is, quite frankly ridiculous and even slanderous.

It stinks.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on March 02, 2019, 07:55:29 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
I wasn’t at the game so can’t comment on the performance of the 3 officials. What I can say that it is ridiculous to insinuate that they are bent or cheats. They might have made terrible mistakes, but cheats?.........for crying out loud! To be called bent or a cheat then you must “act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.”
What proof is there that they have benefited from controversial decisions.........thought not!    :zzz:

All well and good on paper (and I don't make a habit of calling officials cheats for the record) but in the heat of the game ... where the commentators pointed out numerous times McCann was having a go at the linesman (he got a yellow card for it) and also the crowd... then a last minute goal for which there is no conceivable reason to disallow.... do you think its conceivable that in that little head of his (constrained by human nature) that the linesman didn't think it was a 'nice idea' to interject himself into the game?!

So, you seriously think that the linesman deliberately flagged so that he could bring an element of controversy/publicity for himself?  Ridiculous!   :facepalm:

I haven't suggested anything like that, clearly. I am asking you if in the drama and turmoil of a game and human emotions the officials don't interject themselves into situations they have no right to be in?

Apologies if I misinterpreted your remark.
But surely, in the “drama and turmoil of a game” officials have every right to be involved? They are there to manage the various situations that happen during every game that is played. They just cannot ignore what is going on.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on March 02, 2019, 07:57:37 pm by PDX_Rover »
The thing that really pisses me off is that it’s a big mistake that has cost our club two points, which could be critical. We need VAR at every professional game. There’s no reason not to have it.

Who’s going to pay for it? There’s a reason right there.

The FA should. Surely it’s not that expensive given the relative affordability of video technology.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 02, 2019, 07:58:16 pm by drfchound »
The video is on Facebook league one banter page didn’t touch any1 goal all day long the Lino made a mistake end of

100% JM’s shot deflected in off one of our players.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 02, 2019, 08:11:09 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
.........the Lino made a mistake end of

So, the official made a mistake? Presumably an honest mistake from which he didn’t benefit? This he would have done if he was a cheat, as alluded to by quite a number of posters on this thread.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 02, 2019, 08:14:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
It's not cheating, its total ineptitude. Utterly useless.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 02, 2019, 08:14:47 pm by idler »
I don't know that Mike Russel benefitted from his performance in our game against Portsmouth way back but you expect a referee to get things wrong for both sides.
His display that day was unbelievable.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 02, 2019, 08:16:24 pm by scawsby steve »
I agree with Hound on this. I was sat dead in line with John when he hit that shot, and it definitely took a deflection, although I don't know from whom.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 02, 2019, 08:21:02 pm by selby »
  A comment from the camera man before half time was that Wilks was on side when the ball was played through to him in the first half, and they would not have caught him.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on March 02, 2019, 08:23:24 pm by bedale rover »
If so, was that player offside?

Nope (it was Tommy Row No. 10)

Actually it was Alfie May

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 02, 2019, 08:24:23 pm by pib »
If so, was that player offside?

Nope (it was Tommy Row No. 10)

Actually it was Alfie May

It wasnt. Just seen the highlights and it was Rowe who is onside. It's a clear mistake.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 02, 2019, 08:31:05 pm by drfchound »
Yep, I think it was Rowe too.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 02, 2019, 08:32:28 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
It's not cheating, its total ineptitude. Utterly useless.

So there we have it. He wasn’t cheating after all, he was inept...........something we are all guilty of in our lifetime, eh?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 02, 2019, 08:34:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Christ what an awful decision. 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on March 02, 2019, 08:50:50 pm by Donnywolf »
Lee Bowyer was behind me with bloke videoing game

They played it back .I asked a smiling LB to give me his verdict.He shrugged and smiled. I said the smile says it all

The bloke filming looked down and mouthed the word " goal"

I thought the rules of a touchline ban forbids a manager from contact with player, dugout and any club official. If the man videoing is a club official then Bowyer was in contravention of his ban, unless I am mistaken about the rule.

If you are right about the Rule then Bowyer was in clear breach of it as he was barking instructions throughout the game 6 feet above my head. I remember the famous Laundry Basket used by Chelsea to smuggle Jose into the Ground from where he could keep in touch

Bowyer seemingly did not need smuggling in - and he ran the show from right where he was on the Gantry

His statement that he has seen it back and it was offside is clearly at odds with what I posted earlier (See Reply #28)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 02, 2019, 08:53:56 pm by drfchound »
As I said earlier, managers who are banned from the touchline don’t have a problem getting instructions to the bench.
Banning them from the touchline isn’t a punishment at all.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 02, 2019, 09:01:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I've just seen it back, freeze framed it 3 times and it's a close call. When the ball is kicked, Rowe is just onside and May is off. When Rowe heads the ball, he's marginally in an offside position however the presence of May, might have blurred things for the  Linesman, maybe not sure who got the final touch, and/or if May obscuring the view of the keeper.

In real time, if you asked 10 of us to view that, there would not be 10 correct decisions.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 02, 2019, 09:03:31 pm by Copps is Magic »
I've just seen it back, freeze framed it 3 times and it's a close call. When the ball is kicked, Rowe is just onside and May is off. When Rowe heads the ball, he's marginally in an offside position however the presence of May, might have blurred things for the  Linesman, maybe not sure who got the final touch, and/or if May obscuring the view of the keeper.

In real time, if you asked 10 of us to view that, there would not be 10 correct decisions.

I'm sorry Baz but that a ludicrous analysis.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 02, 2019, 09:04:21 pm by Rovers Return »
Sat in line it was deflected in off Tommy Rowe. Goal all day long.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on March 02, 2019, 09:09:10 pm by Filo »

Baz have you been on the pop, May is nowhere near the keeper, if Rowe is onside when Marquis kicks it he can never be offside regardless of where he is when he touches the ball. It wasn’t the only one thatlino got wrong, he was a disgrace
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 09:13:38 pm by Filo »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 02, 2019, 09:11:13 pm by drfchound »
It certainly does look as though we have been robbed of a win there.

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 02, 2019, 09:14:36 pm by KiwiRover »
If you look at how Rowe wheels away celebrating, he certainly thinks he got the touch.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 02, 2019, 09:15:27 pm by drfchound »
If you look at how Rowe wheels away celebrating, he certainly thinks he got the touch.

Agreed, he was claiming the goal.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 02, 2019, 09:15:34 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

Exactly, DBR. Despite looking at the highlights a number of times, posters on this, and other threads, can’t even tell who got an apparent deflection; who was onside or offside; who was, or who was not interfering with play. Some say that it was a close call for the ‘offside’ and some say the opposite. In all of this the assistant has to make a judgement, right or wrong, in real time within a few nano seconds. No luxury of a replay!
Who’d be an official, eh?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 02, 2019, 09:20:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Baz have you been on the pop, May is nowhere near the keeper, if Rowe is onside when Marquis kicks it he can never be offside regardless of where he is when he touches the ball. It wasn’t the only one thatlino got wrong, he was a disgrace

I'm looking at it from the linesman perspective at ground level. It's an incorrect decision no doubt but we've seen them called wrong before and we'll seen them called wrong again. Nobody seems to be calling the linesman who didn't give a goal for Peterbrough  the other week, a cheat when it went over the line.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on March 02, 2019, 09:32:06 pm by PDX_Rover »

I'm looking at it from the linesman perspective at ground level. It's an incorrect decision no doubt but we've seen them called wrong before and we'll seen them called wrong again. Nobody seems to be calling the linesman who didn't give a goal for Peterbrough  the other week, a cheat when it went over the line.

Fair shout DBR. Mind you, there was an ugliness about that game that I think many of us, being totally biased, loved that non-decision. :)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 02, 2019, 09:35:56 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

And what about the dubious penalty signalled by the linesman in the Oldham game recently? As I recall there were quite a few of Rovers’ fans who were very doubtful about the decision. Can’t recall any of them accusing him of being bent or a cheat.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 02, 2019, 09:37:51 pm by Boomstick »
I'm amazed there are still part time officials, officiating a multi million pound competition.

Sometimes like today the incompetence of them is staggering.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on March 02, 2019, 10:13:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm amazed there are still part time officials, officiating a multi million pound competition.

Sometimes like today the incompetence of them is staggering.

Part time or full time, things happen in a split second which often is too quick for the human eye and brain to interpret it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012