Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 01:41:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scandal !!!  (Read 13272 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Scandal !!!
« Reply #90 on March 02, 2019, 10:25:22 pm by RoversAlias »
I've just seen it back, freeze framed it 3 times and it's a close call. When the ball is kicked, Rowe is just onside and May is off. When Rowe heads the ball, he's marginally in an offside position however the presence of May, might have blurred things for the  Linesman, maybe not sure who got the final touch, and/or if May obscuring the view of the keeper.

In real time, if you asked 10 of us to view that, there would not be 10 correct decisions.

Baz have you been on the pop, May is nowhere near the keeper, if Rowe is onside when Marquis kicks it he can never be offside regardless of where he is when he touches the ball. It wasn’t the only one thatlino got wrong, he was a disgrace

I'm looking at it from the linesman perspective at ground level. It's an incorrect decision no doubt but we've seen them called wrong before and we'll seen them called wrong again. Nobody seems to be calling the linesman who didn't give a goal for Peterbrough  the other week, a cheat when it went over the line.

And what about the dubious penalty signalled by the linesman in the Oldham game recently? As I recall there were quite a few of Rovers’ fans who were very doubtful about the decision. Can’t recall any of them accusing him of being bent or a cheat.

That penalty was great officiating, Clarke jumped up arm first and punched the ball away alongside a team mate's head. Penalty all day long.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on March 02, 2019, 10:29:05 pm by LincsRover »
No one seems to have mentioned the delay to the Lino flagging offside. Now I always look instantly at the lino when we score to make sure there’s no offside. The goal was scored the players ran away to celebrate - I looked straight at the lino and no flag. Goal, we nicked the game at the death, probably not deserving all 3 points but f*ck it, we’ve lost plenty we should have won. Then, a good few seconds later I glance back at the lino and his flag is up. F*ck me does it take 10 seconds for that tiny, stacking f*ck*ng shelves for the rest of the week, hobby f*ck*ng Lino’s brain to take so long to decide someone is offside and steal the goal. If he wasn’t sure then, surely, benefit of doubt should go to the scorer!

It’s time refs were professional and not doing it for a hobby. How much money is at stake in these games and we have, at best, incompetent tw*ts, at worst cheats, deciding the results of games like this. F*ck*ng furious at being robbed in full daylight of 3 points. And the useless c*nt will be officiating again next week - Pity the poor b*st*rd unsuspecting fans who get him! Rant over, too much rum commiserating one of the worst pieces of officiating I’ve seen in years. Going to bed!!!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :turd: :turd: :turd: :turd:

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on March 02, 2019, 10:42:14 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
No one seems to have mentioned the delay to the Lino flagging offside. Now I always look instantly at the lino when we score to make sure there’s no offside. The goal was scored the players ran away to celebrate - I looked straight at the lino and no flag. Goal, we nicked the game at the death, probably not deserving all 3 points but f*ck it, we’ve lost plenty we should have won. Then, a good few seconds later I glance back at the lino and his flag is up. F*ck me does it take 10 seconds for that tiny, stacking f*ck*ng shelves for the rest of the week, hobby f*ck*ng Lino’s brain to take so long to decide someone is offside and steal the goal. If he wasn’t sure then, surely, benefit of doubt should go to the scorer!

It’s time refs were professional and not doing it for a hobby. How much money is at stake in these games and we have, at best, incompetent tw*ts, at worst cheats, deciding the results of games like this. F*ck*ng furious at being robbed in full daylight of 3 points. And the useless c*nt will be officiating again next week - Pity the poor b*st*rd unsuspecting fans who get him! Rant over, too much rum commiserating one of the worst pieces of officiating I’ve seen in years. Going to bed!!!!!!

Define the word ”cheat.” I’ll give you a clue: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/cheat
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:13:25 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on March 02, 2019, 10:44:05 pm by LincsRover »
No and I don’t need clues, I can read too; and you missed out ‘give’ to make that sentence mean something, just saying like!!!  :woot:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:50:35 pm by LincsRover »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on March 02, 2019, 11:03:35 pm by Drover »
Look on the brightside,we will just have to get our revenge on Charlton in the play-offs!

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on March 02, 2019, 11:12:18 pm by Prez »
Someone has posted a video on FB from im guessing the bottom corner of the southstand. When Marquis shoots Rowe is easily 2 yards on and May is level at worst. The shot is clearly glanced in via Tommy"s head.

Incredible decision.

Surprised not much mentioned either about the stonewall penalty when Alfie Shot.

Defender might as well have caught it.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on March 02, 2019, 11:14:55 pm by pib »
All agreed on the wrongly disallowed goal, but can't agree on the supposed handball. I know you see the odd one given, but smashing the ball at a defender and it hitting their hand isn't handball to me.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on March 02, 2019, 11:15:12 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
No and I don’t need clues, I can read too; and you missed out ‘give’ to make that sentence mean something, just saying like!!!  :woot:

Well spotted, Lincs! Now corrected.........just saying like!  ;)

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on March 02, 2019, 11:33:50 pm by POD »
Really disappointed at the decision regarding the “winning goal”....... but
perhaps we had a bit of luck with Wilks’s goal, as when he shot, Marquis was in an offside position and jumped over the ball, obscuring the keepers view - no one complained and the same linesman didn’t flag on that occasion.
Overall a point each was a fair result.  Charlton were an excellent footballing side and contributed to an extremely entertaining game of football.... probably the best we have seen this season.   
It was a disappointing ending, but I’m really enjoying watching Rovers at the moment, more so than for many years.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on March 02, 2019, 11:34:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Someone has posted a video on FB from im guessing the bottom corner of the southstand. When Marquis shoots Rowe is easily 2 yards on and May is level at worst. The shot is clearly glanced in via Tommy"s head.

Incredible decision.

Surprised not much mentioned either about the stonewall penalty when Alfie Shot.

Defender might as well have caught it.

Seen that super slo-mo. When the ball leaves JM's foot Rowe is onside no doubt but take into account the timer at the bottom, it took 2 x 100ths of a second to come off Rowe's head.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on March 02, 2019, 11:54:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hang on.

Rowe was about 10m from Marquis. If it took the ball 0.02s to get that distance, it must have been travelling at 500m/s, which is roughly 1000mph.

I know Marquis can leather a ball, but there's limits.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on March 03, 2019, 01:03:08 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Hang on.

Rowe was about 10m from Marquis. If it took the ball 0.02s to get that distance, it must have been travelling at 500m/s, which is roughly 1000mph.

Watch the footage and look at the timer!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on March 03, 2019, 08:19:31 am by drfchound »

Lincs, I too always look at the linesman in a situation like that and did so yesterday.
As you say, no flag raised.
So, I began leaping around with my mates and then one of them told me about the linesman flagging.
It was a very late decision.........and a wrong one.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on March 03, 2019, 08:30:45 am by bobjimwilly »
No penalty on wilks in 2nd half?
https://youtu.be/6HxPIx0Xals (13m13s)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on March 03, 2019, 08:35:15 am by bobjimwilly »
Link above has a clear view of rowes disallowed goal. He was clearly onside and may never touched ball.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 09:19:07 pm by bobjimwilly »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on March 03, 2019, 08:42:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The video also shows you how quick it happened and at the linesman level he couldn't have been sure who touched it but in a split second both looked offside. I can understand how he made the mistake. It was a close call.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on March 03, 2019, 08:47:12 am by drfchound »
No penalty on wilks in 2nd half?
https://youtu.be/6HxPIx0Xals (13m13s)

I remember being robbed of three points against Charlton once before and it cost us big time at the end of that season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on March 03, 2019, 08:51:52 am by Filo »
The video also shows you how quick it happened and at the linesman level he couldn't have been sure who touched it but in a split second both looked offside. I can understand how he made the mistake. It was a close call.

In my opinion he didn’t make a mistake, he wasn’t sure, it took around 7 to 8 seconds for him to put his flag up, he must have just guessed in the end, if he wasn’t sure then the benefit of the doubt must surely be in the attackers favour

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on March 03, 2019, 09:06:48 am by i_ateallthepies »
Filo, in that link BJW put up check the timer, from Marquis striking the ball to the linesman coming into view flagging offside takes four seconds.  He may have taken only 2 seconds to flag, he certainly didn't take more than 4 seconds.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on March 03, 2019, 09:31:43 am by selby »
  The thing that gets me when people talk about officials cheating is this, in every league most of the calls go to the same teams.
   Portsmouth, Sunderland, Barnsley, Peterborough, Charlton, Doncaster, realistically, at the moment, unless one comes out of the pack one will go up with Luton  the other five are going for four places.
   Who is the smallest club most likely to get the rough end of the stick out of that lot.
   Most of them have already had some iffy decisions against us already this season.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on March 03, 2019, 09:47:27 am by dknward2 »
Said same to my dad as we walked out ref didn't want Charlton to lose efl want London clubs up but not little clubs like Donny in there

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on March 03, 2019, 09:50:35 am by Boomstick »
Said same to my dad as we walked out ref didn't want Charlton to lose efl want London clubs up but not little clubs like Donny in there
Just like the FA treated us with crystal Palace

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on March 03, 2019, 12:51:16 pm by i_ateallthepies »
  The thing that gets me when people talk about officials cheating is this, in every league most of the calls go to the same teams.
   Portsmouth, Sunderland, Barnsley, Peterborough, Charlton, Doncaster, realistically, at the moment, unless one comes out of the pack one will go up with Luton  the other five are going for four places.
   Who is the smallest club most likely to get the rough end of the stick out of that lot.
   Most of them have already had some iffy decisions against us already this season.

That would require a conspiracy on a monumental scale.  I just don't buy it, Selby.  Don't forget we get some iffy calls go in our favour too, but they're far more readily overlooked by those benefiting.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on March 03, 2019, 01:25:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hang on.

Watch the footage and look at the timer!

Summat's gone wrong with the space-time continuum then. Concorde at top speed only went about 13metres in 2 hundredths of a second.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on March 03, 2019, 01:37:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Officials should be 100% sure before making a decision of that importance. If they have any doubt whatsoever regarding an infringement they shouldn't call one. The linesman involved in yesterday's incident must have made the decision based on uncertainty because he was certainly wrong.

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on March 03, 2019, 01:43:25 pm by swifty50 »
He also flagged for offside earlier, when everyone was behind the ball, it was blocked and cleared, just clueless

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on March 03, 2019, 04:26:21 pm by PDX_Rover »
Officials should be 100% sure before making a decision of that importance. If they have any doubt whatsoever regarding an infringement they shouldn't call one. The linesman involved in yesterday's incident must have made the decision based on uncertainty because he was certainly wrong.

Spot on. And it’s not like it was a 95th minute winner in an important game or owt like that...

Oh hang on.... f**k!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on March 03, 2019, 04:52:41 pm by drfchound »

Yeah and it cost me a point in the PvO competition as well.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on March 03, 2019, 05:04:17 pm by Bentley Bullet »

And me!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on March 03, 2019, 05:11:21 pm by glosterred »

And me!

I was disappointed that it didn’t cost me a point

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012