Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:06:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Poss road disruption this weekend  (Read 4930 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Re: Poss road disruption this weekend
« Reply #30 on March 20, 2019, 08:50:54 am by Axholme Lion »
And stab 17.4m in the back is so democracy is well and truly dead and any future election can be disputed

Is democracy dead in Denmark and Ireland?

Not that I've noticed.

Yes. Fully paid up members of the EUSSR comrade.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 20, 2019, 10:10:43 am by RedJ »
Do people just ignore the fact that the Swiss regularly hold referendums - and sometimes even hold referendums to reverse previous referendums?

Or are they a communist police state as well?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 20, 2019, 10:39:29 am by Glyn_Wigley »
And stab 17.4m in the back is so democracy is well and truly dead and any future election can be disputed

Is democracy dead in Denmark and Ireland?

Not that I've noticed.

Yes. Fully paid up members of the EUSSR comrade.

I'd rather have comrades than gauleiters.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 20, 2019, 11:08:20 am by idler »
I voted remain and I have no issue with people who voted leave on the basic principle of this country’s laws etc not being driven from Brussels and influences by other countries.

I believe many folks knew little more about what would actually happen but voted leave in good faith.  Then there are those who’s main concern was immigration..

But since this happened nearly 3 years ago, all we have had since is spin and politics and a government shown up to be completely incompetent in getting a deal agreed by all parties and to honour the referendum result.

Things have changed so much in that timescale so surely it is logical given this is so inportant, to go back to the people again.?
Very well put IDM. I voted out as I didn't want a more federal Europe. The problem is that since day one the Brexit side have showed no competence whatsoever to come up with a viable policy.
The revelations about Putin's influence in the campaign also questions the validity of the various leave campaign's actions.
I would now vote to remain and try to change from within what we don't like in it's present form.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 20, 2019, 04:37:10 pm by scawsby steve »
There's nothing patronising in pointing out that the 2016 referendum was completely flawed, which it undoubtedly was.

I don't care what anyone says people had no idea about the consequences of leaving. They were told a pack of lies.

And had the man in the street even heard of the customs union and the single market? Or the Irish border issue. Christ! even the Government hadn't considered that one.

And as far as immigration goes, which was THE main reason for the leave vote (don't tell me it wasn't  look at the Boston vote) they ain't going to get what they wanted.

And any deal that this lousy government brokers will be far worse than JUST STAYING IN.

Some good points in there Tommy, but it's not that kind of patronising that people are sick of; it's the endless tirade of arrogant, sneering, condescending insults on a daily basis towards anyone who voted to leave.

Just look at some of the comments on here recently; "thick", "stupid", "can't write their own names", "a load of pensioners with their zimmer frames". Is there any need for this?

Those responsible for such rhetoric should take a long hard look at themselves.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 21, 2019, 05:54:09 pm by foxbat »
over the top , yes . but nowhere near at all as bad as calling anyone who wants to stay in the EU , bearing in mind 17.5 million is not the majority of the country , a Traitor!  Daily Mail fashion.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 21, 2019, 06:53:41 pm by scawsby steve »
I don't condone any of it, on either side.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 21, 2019, 07:07:31 pm by idler »
Hurling insults is just a waste of time. We should all be dismayed and alarmed at the abject failure of most MPs of all parties.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 23, 2019, 09:12:58 am by drfchound »
Bit of a damp squib this so called traffic blockade.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 23, 2019, 11:26:39 am by bobjimwilly »

The irony is that if there is any travel disruption, it will be good practice for anyone hoping to catch a ferry post-brexit.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 23, 2019, 11:46:25 am by Axholme Lion »

The irony is that if there is any travel disruption, it will be good practice for anyone hoping to catch a ferry post-brexit.

I don't go abroad any more, it's too much messing around. I'd rather just throw a bag in the back of the car and travel in Britain. We are so lucky in the fact that we have so much fantastic and varied landscapes all within a few hours drive in Britain. The airport/ferry thing just stresses me off the clock.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 23, 2019, 12:04:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Won't catching a ferry post Brexit be the last thing on our minds? Surely, we'll all be too starving with no food on the shelves and too skint anyway to afford a ride on a ferry?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 23, 2019, 12:46:15 pm by bobjimwilly »
glad to see those causing blockades are getting pulled by police for dangerous driving.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 23, 2019, 01:01:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BJW. Would you be glad to see Remoaners getting pulled up for dangerous driving?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 23, 2019, 02:01:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
glad to see those causing blockades are getting pulled by police for dangerous driving.

Apparently it was for 'Inconsiderate driving', not dangerous driving. Motorways have a legal minimum speed limit and they were breaking it.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on March 23, 2019, 02:17:25 pm by StocktonRover »

Apparently it was for 'Inconsiderate driving', not dangerous driving. Motorways have a legal minimum speed limit and they were breaking it.
Come on then Glyn - where is this legal minimum speed limit for motorways in statute?

Do I break it when I slow down for a traffic jam?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 23, 2019, 02:21:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Come on then Glyn - where is this legal minimum speed limit for motorways in statute?

Do I break it when I slow down for a traffic jam?

Sorry, my mistake, it's the vehicles that have a minimum speed limit, ie they must be able to do 30mph. That's what I was thinking of.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 23, 2019, 06:31:35 pm by dknward2 »
I wonder how many of the 17 million people who voted leave still feel the same and same for the ones who said remain

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 24, 2019, 12:08:46 am by bpoolrover »
I wonder how many of the 17 million people who voted leave still feel the same and same for the ones who said remain
I would think it’s pretty much the same if they had a new vote remain would win due to new voters and older ones who can’t vote anymore, but once you go down that road your treading on dangerous ground as any vote in the future is pointless, where does it end? Many economists say we would be worse off under labour( maybe true or not) so labour win a General Election but economists say we will end up poorer m, what then don’t give labour the chance let’s have a re run like they do in Switzerland?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 24, 2019, 10:03:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
I would think it’s pretty much the same if they had a new vote remain would win due to new voters and older ones who can’t vote anymore, but once you go down that road your treading on dangerous ground as any vote in the future is pointless, where does it end? Many economists say we would be worse off under labour( maybe true or not) so labour win a General Election but economists say we will end up poorer m, what then don’t give labour the chance let’s have a re run like they do in Switzerland?

Farage did say he'd want a redo if it was close.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 24, 2019, 10:34:19 am by The Red Baron »
If we had another vote, and Leave was on the ballot paper, it would win. Possibly with more than 52%.

The politicians are determined that if there is another Referendum, Leave will NOT be on the ballot paper. Why do you think they are held in such contempt?

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 24, 2019, 02:06:16 pm by foxbat »
For those of us that deal in facts , all the proposed 2nd referendum questions do have Leave as an option.
Possibly not a no-deal option.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 24, 2019, 03:28:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Once again Bpool. Can you point me to these many economists who said we'd be worse off under Labour?

But. To indulge you for a moment. If Labour got in and there WERE loads of economists saying we'd be worse off, and it turned out that we WERE, you could vote them out in years.

No. Go back to 2016. Many (and I mean "MANY") economists said that the economy would take a big hit if we voted for Brexit.

They were right. It has. That's an established fact.

So you're no longer having to trust the predictions of economists. It has happened.

Given all that, I'm struggling to see what point you are trying to make.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012