Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:09:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Climate change protesters  (Read 6680 times)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
Climate change protesters
« on April 15, 2019, 03:59:53 pm by Axholme Lion »
Why aren't they at work?
Why haven't the OB nicked them for obstruction?
Why haven't they had a bath?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Climate change protesters
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2019, 04:19:17 pm by RedJ »
Does your work not give you annual leave to do with as you please? One thing that always gets me is the "why aren't they at work" line when there's a protest someone disagrees with, as if the only way you could possibly not be working is either throwing a sickie or being unemployed.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 15, 2019, 04:36:14 pm by Axholme Lion »
Does your work not give you annual leave to do with as you please? One thing that always gets me is the "why aren't they at work" line when there's a protest someone disagrees with, as if the only way you could possibly not be working is either throwing a sickie or being unemployed.

Yes, but I don't use the time off to make other peoples life a misery.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 15, 2019, 04:53:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You could have fooled me.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 15, 2019, 05:52:26 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
What are you thoughts on climate change AL? Does it worry you at all?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 15, 2019, 06:42:08 pm by scawsby steve »
I have to say it does worry me.

People not having a bath.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2019, 06:45:57 pm by NickDRFC »
Why aren't they at work?

You sent this message at 4pm. Why weren’t you at work? If you were at work, why were you on a football forum?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2019, 09:01:16 am by Axholme Lion »
Why aren't they at work?

You sent this message at 4pm. Why weren’t you at work? If you were at work, why were you on a football forum?

Yes I was at work, but I did start half an hour early and also had no break for dinner despite rolling in for work with a badly strained back.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2019, 09:02:06 am by Axholme Lion »

You could have fooled me.

Nice one.  :)

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2019, 09:09:22 am by Axholme Lion »

https://www.davidicke.com/article/367209/climate-change-greatest-ever-conspiracy-taxpayer

Maybe, just maybe, we are all being conned?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2019, 09:23:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
I feel a bit sorry for the bloke because no one takes him seriously. Even his wife Tina Turner f**ked off.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2019, 09:25:54 am by RedJ »

https://www.davidicke.com/article/367209/climate-change-greatest-ever-conspiracy-taxpayer

You're taking the word of a bloke who thinks the Royals are shapeshifting reptilian aliens?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2019, 09:52:41 am by Axholme Lion »

You're taking the word of a bloke who thinks the Royals are shapeshifting reptilian aliens?

They are aren't they?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2019, 10:21:48 am by DonnyOsmond »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2019, 10:22:26 am by Boomstick »
Hasn't the world been warming since the last ice age?  When did they decide it was man made?

Made me laugh when a bunch of do gooders in Sheffield stopped traffic in the city centre to protest against pollution.
Causing hundreds of cars at a standstill with their engines at idle. 🤦‍♂️ Numpties.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2019, 10:37:29 am by Axholme Lion »
Hasn't the world been warming since the last ice age?  When did they decide it was man made?

Made me laugh when a bunch of do gooders in Sheffield stopped traffic in the city centre to protest against pollution.
Causing hundreds of cars at a standstill with their engines at idle. 🤦‍♂️ Numpties.

They decided it was man made when they realised it was a good excuse for extra taxation, not that any of the extra revenue will go to where it is supposed to.
This lot want zero carbon emissions by 2025. So how do we all get to work? If they were really serious they would be protesting in the US, China and India, but they won't. They are just a bunch of middle class lefties who have never had a proper job with nothing better to do.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2019, 10:37:46 am by Bentley Bullet »
Despite all the panic, I reckon the hole in the Ozone layer is normal. It's there to let all the smoke and pollution out.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2019, 01:16:28 pm by silent majority »

I shared a beer with him some years ago in a hotel in Zagreb when England were playing Croatia.

Mad as a box of frogs.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 16, 2019, 01:19:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Fascinating int it?

Hundreds of highly skilled scientists, working in a culture where you have to defend your methods against detailed or you have zero credibility, come to the conclusion that anthropogenic climate change is real and serious.

But folk prefer to trust Hereford Utd's ex-reserve keeper.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 16, 2019, 01:41:01 pm by Axholme Lion »
Fascinating int it?

Hundreds of highly skilled scientists, working in a culture where you have to defend your methods against detailed or you have zero credibility, come to the conclusion that anthropogenic climate change is real and serious.

But folk prefer to trust Hereford Utd's ex-reserve keeper.

I'd rather trust the views of David Icke over so called climate change than trust Juncker and the like over our future with the EU.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 16, 2019, 02:16:10 pm by ravenrover »

I shared a beer with him some years ago in a hotel in Zagreb when England were playing Croatia.

Mad as a box of frogs.

Couldn't he afford his own then SM?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 16, 2019, 03:11:55 pm by Boomstick »
To be fair I find David icke entertaining,

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 16, 2019, 03:45:15 pm by The Red Baron »
Nothing to do with his pronouncements on climate change or anything else, but I once saw David Icke keep goal for Hereford United against Rovers at Belle Vue. He was outstanding and the game ended 0-0 despite Rovers dominating. I think his football career ended at an early age due to injury. A pity as he could have gone far in the game. He might also have not turned into such a fruitbat.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 16, 2019, 04:10:01 pm by Axholme Lion »
Nothing to do with his pronouncements on climate change or anything else, but I once saw David Icke keep goal for Hereford United against Rovers at Belle Vue. He was outstanding and the game ended 0-0 despite Rovers dominating. I think his football career ended at an early age due to injury. A pity as he could have gone far in the game. He might also have not turned into such a fruitbat.

But what if he is right and everyone else is wrong?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:33:25 pm by Axholme Lion »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 16, 2019, 04:25:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BS. I used to find Rik Mayall quite entertaining but I wouldn't have trusted him to run a nuclear power station.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 16, 2019, 04:28:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He was a bit of a loner at school apparently and it must have rubbed off a bit when his goalkeeping talent led him to be sent to Coventry.

He might be scoffed at for being as daft as a brush for not having the same views as hundreds of highly skilled scientists, but there are millions of religious people, for instance, who have different views to many of them also.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 04:32:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 16, 2019, 04:33:18 pm by Boomstick »
BS. I used to find Rik Mayall quite entertaining but I wouldn't have trusted him to run a nuclear power station.
Not sure what your point is there.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 16, 2019, 04:35:09 pm by Axholme Lion »
He was a bit of a loner at school apparently and it must have rubbed off a bit when his goalkeeping talent led him to be sent to Coventry.

He might be scoffed at for being as daft as a brush for not having the same views as hundreds of highly skilled scientists, but there are millions of religious people, for instance, who have different views to many of them also.

Just because someone doesn't go with the flow and take the majority view it doesn't mean they are wrong. :)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 16, 2019, 04:49:49 pm by RedJ »

Just because someone doesn't go with the flow and take the majority view it doesn't mean they are wrong. :)

No but when the majority view is backed up by pretty well established facts, well, it gives you some idea.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 16, 2019, 05:04:11 pm by scawsby steve »

And then there are the many highly skilled scientists that are also religious too, like the great Sir Isaac Newton.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012