Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:07:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tickets for home leg  (Read 40984 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Re: Tickets for home leg
« Reply #210 on May 09, 2019, 05:57:04 pm by Donnyjim »
did we fill it when we beat Southend 5-1 in 2008? I seem to think we didn't.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on May 09, 2019, 05:58:48 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
13081 for Southend, so definitely some space left there.

For this game, there's twice as many family section tickets left as there were at a similar level of sales for the Palace game - the effect of the price, Sunday lunch with the grandparents, or the "exhuberance" in the Coventry game? W23 (next to the South Stand) stands out as also selling nearly half as a proportion, where every other section in the ground is at a similar level.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #212 on May 09, 2019, 06:04:05 pm by WheatleyRover »

That's no the point, the point is we sold more tickets for that game, we had all the East Stand and West

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #213 on May 09, 2019, 06:04:24 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Are there any other fans in the country as obsessed with attendances as DRFC?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #214 on May 09, 2019, 06:06:42 pm by drfchound »

That's no the point, the point is we sold more tickets for that game, we had all the East Stand and West

But we haven’t finished selling tickets for this game yet.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #215 on May 09, 2019, 06:11:47 pm by WheatleyRover »

Well we're not going to sell more now are we! We don't have as many home seats as the Southend game
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 06:20:29 pm by WheatleyRover »

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on May 09, 2019, 06:16:22 pm by donnievic »
Received home and away tickets today - pity they had to be separate orders as club could have saved an envelope/postage
I told them I was collecting and all tickets arrived in post

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on May 09, 2019, 06:30:27 pm by selby »
Charlton have at the moment sold 20,300 tickets for their home game at the moment, and 3,573 tickets for the game at the Keepmoat, so the away end and side bit is nearly sold out at the KM.
 With the Sunderland and the Portsmouth games being big crowds, this is shaping up to be probably the most lucrative division 1 playoff of all time.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #218 on May 09, 2019, 06:53:50 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
...No idea if Sunderland have sold out Stadium Of Light yet, but there is a bit of a capacity difference.

They sold 21772 home tickets according to their forum at 5ish today. 49k capacity and it seems Portsmouth have a max of 2k, though haven't sold all those.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on May 09, 2019, 07:05:15 pm by Spilsby Red »
I say to my son, it’s irrelevant how many are there, the ones who are there are going to support our team. I live away and can’t get to many games, however, my son has caught the bug supporting DRFC and we have just got season tickets for next year. Also every league game we have been to this season, we haven’t seen a defeat.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #220 on May 09, 2019, 07:17:45 pm by Donnywolf »
...No idea if Sunderland have sold out Stadium Of Light yet, but there is a bit of a capacity difference.

They sold 21772 home tickets according to their forum at 5ish today. 49k capacity and it seems Portsmouth have a max of 2k, though haven't sold all those.

Yep 21784 home fans at the mo !

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on May 09, 2019, 07:26:41 pm by drfchound »

Well we're not going to sell more now are we! We don't have as many home seats as the Southend game

We had 14010 for the Palace cup game.
We had 13081 for the Southend game.
Palace had part or the East Stand too so no reason we can’t get a bigger crowd than the Southend game.
However since the Southend game, you are right, we don’t have as many home seats, partly due to the new big screen installation and partly due to more fan segregation areas these days.

ExileRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #222 on May 09, 2019, 07:28:16 pm by ExileRover »
2025 left on sale if i've calculated it right.

997 West stand
284 South stand
744 East stand

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #223 on May 09, 2019, 07:32:42 pm by IDM »
Then there’s about 800 ish in the spare blocks in the west stand north end, if they open them..

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on May 09, 2019, 08:07:58 pm by WheatleyRover »

Palace had part or the East Stand too so no reason we can’t get a bigger crowd than the Southend game.
However since the Southend game, you are right, we don’t have as many home seats, partly due to the new big screen installation and partly due to more fan segregation areas these days.

Palace did not have any of the East Stand, We had all the East Stand for Palace and Southend

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on May 09, 2019, 08:08:28 pm by selby »
  It does matter to us though, if we get 20% of the total takings from the pot of the playoffs as has been posted previously.
  Then we have posters wanting £10 and £5 and they are probably the ones who want us to spend big on incoming players, and moan the price affects the size of the crowd.
  Our team deserve our support, our owners also deserve the financial benefits our support for games like this bring in financially.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #226 on May 09, 2019, 08:10:54 pm by drfchound »

Palace did not have any of the East Stand, We had all the East Stand for Palace and Southend

Fair enough, my error.
However even with Charlton having the extra tickets there is still potential for us to have 200 more fans than in the Southend game.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on May 09, 2019, 08:30:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
  It does matter to us though, if we get 20% of the total takings from the pot of the playoffs as has been posted previously.
  Then we have posters wanting £10 and £5 and they are probably the ones who want us to spend big on incoming players, and moan the price affects the size of the crowd.
  Our team deserve our support, our owners also deserve the financial benefits our support for games like this bring in financially.

The last paragraph deals with what this should be about. Not discounts but supporting the team and adding finance to the club.

What will it say to the owners if we can’t fill the home game of the play offs, they have put money in to help the team reach the best position they could over 46 games, 23 home games, yet our supporters can’t be bothered to come to the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on May 09, 2019, 08:34:37 pm by drfchound »
But, as has been stated earlier in this and other threads, there are many reasons why some supporters are unable to attend.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on May 09, 2019, 08:48:28 pm by ravenrover »
Why are people so obsessed with crowd numbers?
Have you got yours? that's all that matters surely

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #230 on May 09, 2019, 08:52:52 pm by Campsall rover »
But, as has been stated earlier in this and other threads, there are many reasons why some supporters are unable to attend.
Yes but every club can say that. It is not unique to Doncaster that people are not able to go for one reason or another.
It is time this town got of its arse and started supporting the local team in larger numbers.
We are not a pub team as some still want to portray us as.
We have owners that we should all be very
thankful for ( Understatement ) A set up that is community orientated, a fantastic modern stadium and a team that has the desire and ability to be successful.
WHAT MORE DOES THE DONCASTER PUBLIC WANT.
If we get to Wembley every Tom Dick and Harry will be wanting to go.
It’s time this club got the volume of support it deserves.
SORRY IF I SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD but it needs saying.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 09:05:26 pm by Campsall rover »

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on May 09, 2019, 09:03:17 pm by Spilsby Red »
Productive day. Home and away tickets got for Charlton. And a season ticket for next season for me and my son.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #232 on May 09, 2019, 09:03:31 pm by Campsall rover »
Are you interested in competing on equal terms with Championship clubs ravenrover?
If so the attendances matter. If not then maybe they don’t.
I personally want to see this club establish itself in the 2nd tier of English football.
IT IS ACHIEVABLE. Is ambition not something worthy or something?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on May 09, 2019, 09:18:40 pm by IDM »
I’m with you on that Campsall, although the attendances will usually follow the league position..

A crowd equalling or bettering our best league attendance this season is good enough..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on May 09, 2019, 09:21:04 pm by drfchound »
Are you interested in competing on equal terms with Championship clubs ravenrover?
I personally want to see this club establish itself in the 2nd tier of English football.

We all want us to compete on equal terms Campsall.
It will not happen financially though.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #235 on May 09, 2019, 09:29:06 pm by pib »
Yes but every club can say that. It is not unique to Doncaster that people are not able to go for one reason or another.
It is time this town got of its arse and started supporting the local team in larger numbers.
We are not a pub team as some still want to portray us as.
We have owners that we should all be very
thankful for ( Understatement ) A set up that is community orientated, a fantastic modern stadium and a team that has the desire and ability to be successful.
WHAT MORE DOES THE DONCASTER PUBLIC WANT.
If we get to Wembley every Tom Dick and Harry will be wanting to go.
It’s time this club got the volume of support it deserves.
SORRY IF I SOUND LIKE A BROKEN RECORD but it needs saying.

Agreed Campsall. It is a shame that for a town of our size we only manage to pull in a very small % of the population.

However, what can any of us do other than bang the drum in our own social circles? Can’t beat people over the head to attend so I tend to think it’s not something to get too worried about.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #236 on May 09, 2019, 09:32:24 pm by Campsall rover »

Sorry hound, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FINANCIALLY?
What never? We may as well all give up and go home then. Why will it not happen?
This is not Fleetwood with no population. Burton with no history etc etc.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on May 09, 2019, 09:35:03 pm by drfchound »

Sorry hound, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN FINANCIALLY?
What never? We may as well all give up and go home then. Why will it not happen?
This is not Fleetwood with no population. Burton with no history etc etc.

Premier league parachute payments might just have an influence.
Far bigger clubs than us with far bigger attendances could also possibly play a part.

Burton and Fleetwood won’t be in the Championship.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on May 09, 2019, 09:35:21 pm by Retdon1 »
Does anyone know what the actual capacity is nowadays at the Keepmoat ??

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #239 on May 09, 2019, 09:39:18 pm by drfchound »

The last paragraph deals with what this should be about. Not discounts but supporting the team and adding finance to the club.

What will it say to the owners if we can’t fill the home game of the play offs, they have put money in to help the team reach the best position they could over 46 games, 23 home games, yet our supporters can’t be bothered to come to the game.

Just out of interest, 6035 at Newport tonight.
Ground capacity is 8075 for football matches.
Only three quarters full.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012