Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 07:21:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A magnificent effort  (Read 5294 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: A magnificent effort
« Reply #30 on May 17, 2019, 11:08:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
Moral victory for Rovers.

‘Orrible lot aren’t they, Charlton? Fans and players.

Howay the lads! Always loved the Mackems.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

karlos

• Forum Member
Proud of them all.
« Reply #31 on May 17, 2019, 11:08:35 pm by karlos »
Nobody tonight can say the team did not try and what a effort it was. Every player to a man can be proud and a special word for Joe wright who came on and looked as though he had never been out.john Marquis I have called you but tonight you should hold your head high as should Tommy roe. Someone said on a earlier post they feel like we won tonight and so do I but mostly football won what a game. Proud of you all.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 17, 2019, 11:09:13 pm by BigH »
All I wanted tonight was a performance. And we got one.

More than that, it was a f***ing brilliant one.

Forget the penalties and all that s***e; my memories will be of being the better team, playing the better football and winning the game in normal time.

Charlton should be embarrassed. We showed them up. If that's what a Premiership pedigree, a 25,000 capacity ground, loan players from Arsenal and West Ham does for you then 'yes' you can go play your buddies Sunderland in the final to claim the crown of the least worst 'Premiership' club.

For us, we should claim the crown of the best of the rest and be proud of what we achieved this season.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 06:34:17 am by BigH »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 17, 2019, 11:14:32 pm by PDX_Rover »
Tonight’s game was as good as anything I have experienced over many, many years. As good as David Harle, as good as Tierney’s goal, as good as Copps’ hatrick, as good as Hayter’s head, as good as the Mansfield moment.
Maybe it’s my age, but I’m off to bed thinking we have won tonight, not that we have lost.
I never thought that a song could be better than ‘Walking in O’driscoll Wonderland’, but there is: “We’ve got McCann. Super Grant McCann...RTID xxxxx

This.

It's a hammer blow to lose like that but what a game. What a performance by our lads. 17 game unbeaten run at The Valley, massive underdogs, go a goal down inside 2 minutes and we produce one of the best performances I think I've ever seen. It's up there in my top 5 already. Marosi unlucky with their second goal (slipped) and I'd have backed Tommy to score a penalty all day long. But there we are. Football.

I really wish Charlton well. A very good side. But I hope the Mackems go up. I want another crack at Bowyer.

If we can keep hold of the heart of the squad, we have to be with a very strong shout next season.

It feels weird to be so gutted yet elated at the same time.... Everybody played their part tonight. The team was set up perfectly and yes, Charlton had some spells of pressure but we had them on the ropes a fair bit, to the extent they lost their discipline.

:rtid:

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 17, 2019, 11:17:07 pm by Alickismyhero »
!!!!VERY PROUD, GREAT FINISH TO THE END OF THE SEASON!!!

Now looking forward to  next season.

Question, do we get a percentage of the gate money tonight?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 11:21:10 pm by Alickismyhero »

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 17, 2019, 11:17:57 pm by StocksArmy »
Why because they beat us would anyone want Sunderland to batter them? Sour grapes. Lets have more class than that. Little old Donny Rovers who were going to get "picked off" according to their striker have just gone there infront of 25,000 and ripped them to bits. And without the misfortune of Marosi's slip would be celebrating a trip to Wembley right now. Jesus Christ what an effort tonight was. Wasnt it? Had 3 nailed on pens turned away too may I add. Charlton can consider themselves extremely lucky but people wont speak about them tonight they will speak about us. Also before i leave a quick shoutout to sky and the commentators who were so biased that they failed to show the blatant push on Marquis yet repeated his hand ball over and over and over. They put a Charlton legend as a pundit in both legs and wrote us off from start to finish. I think theyre a disgrace.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 17, 2019, 11:18:08 pm by Metalmicky »
Brill effort boys - it could have been...............
However, you made me so proud - what a performance...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 17, 2019, 11:18:27 pm by drfchound »
11.15pm and just leaving the ground.
Proud as f**k if my team tonight
The players and fans showed class at the end as well when those very relieved Charlton fans ran to taunt us.
Our response was to applaud the players.
Magnificent Rovers.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 17, 2019, 11:18:53 pm by Jenny »
!!!!VERY PROUD, GREAT FINNISH TO THE END OF THE SEASON!!!

All the gate receipts go into a pot and we take just 12.5%

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 17, 2019, 11:26:15 pm by rich1471 »
Amazing effort,  really proud to be there the fans were amazing as well , the players were outstanding to a man

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 17, 2019, 11:28:46 pm by Dare to dream! »
So proud of them boys tonight. They wanted it so bad and fought to the very end when the odds were stacked against us.

Thought we were going to win it in extra time, they looked sharper than Charlton

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 17, 2019, 11:29:19 pm by hoolahoop »
!!!!VERY PROUD, GREAT FINNISH TO THE END OF THE SEASON!!!

All the gate receipts go into a pot and we take just 12.5%

A little bit more cash to go with the Cup receipts . Great season

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 17, 2019, 11:30:17 pm by Alickismyhero »
Jenny,

Is the pot all the money from the Donny game and the Charlton game? and we only get 12.5%?

Sorry Jenny cant see how it works.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on May 17, 2019, 11:31:24 pm by Jenny »
It's all of the games in the L1 play off semi finals..EFL take 50% and then the 4 teams.split the remaining 50%

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 17, 2019, 11:32:10 pm by Alickismyhero »
Thanks Jenny.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 17, 2019, 11:33:59 pm by adamtherover »
It's all of the games in the L1 play off semi finals..EFL take 50% and then the 4 teams.split the remaining 50%
Ive read we get 20% ?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 17, 2019, 11:34:35 pm by Donnybax »
Brilliant effort from us. I thought we were due a bit of luck at the valley but obviously not.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 17, 2019, 11:35:00 pm by normal rules »
The Red Cow pub in Fishtoft near Boston was converted to a rovers supporting enclave tonight. Everyone in their congratulated me on my teams performance and agreed that pens is no way to decide a game like that.
Very proud of my team.

Fulham Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 17, 2019, 11:35:36 pm by Fulham Rover »
Wow. Absolutely blown away by that. Well done to all of the team, management and staff. Every single one of you can walk of that pitch tonight with your heads held high. Beyond proud. It has been a very good season all things considered.

roversdude

• VSC Member
Proud to be a Rover
« Reply #49 on May 18, 2019, 01:52:08 am by roversdude »
Amazing display tonight and brilliant support
Penalty aside how good was Tommy Rowe

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Proud to be a Rover
« Reply #50 on May 18, 2019, 03:06:12 am by Campsall rover »
Just got back home 2.55
What can I say other than I said we would win 3-2 and we did just that. I also said we would win the penalty shoot out. Got that one wrong.
So proud to be a Rovers supporter.
Magnificent performance from the lads and I just knew they would embrace the atmosphere at the Valley.
Mr Parker eat humble pie. You boys took a beating tonight and with just an ounce of luck and favourable decisions from the ref we wouldn’t have needed penalties.
SO SO PROUD. Would not have wanted to miss that for anything.
Bring on next season.
I am sure we will be stronger and that tonight will give them the belief they can compete with the best sides in League 1
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 03:10:21 am by Campsall rover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 18, 2019, 03:17:38 am by silent majority »
Just got back home 2.55
What can I say other than I said we would win 3-2 and we did just that. I also said we would win the penalty shoot out. Got that one wrong.
So proud to be a Rovers supporter.
Magnificent performance from the lads and I just knew they would embrace the atmosphere at the Valley.
Mr Parker eat humble pie. You boys took a beating tonight and with just an ounce of luck and favourable decisions from the ref we wouldn’t have needed penalties.
SO SO PROUD. Would not have wanted to miss that for anything.
Bring on next season.
I am sure we will be stronger and that tonight will give them the belief they can compete with the best sides in League 1

Just arrived home myself, and too much adrenaline to go straight to bed.

Oh, and I agree with all your points above.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 18, 2019, 03:35:09 am by les@donr »
Proud of the lads and management team, we nearly pulled off an upset. RTID

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 18, 2019, 04:23:42 am by StocktonRover »
Home at last....
Great night and worth the 18 hours from setting off to getting home.
The team to a man gave everything and deservedly won the match despite sadly loosing the tie.
Proud of them all - time for some relaxation before being ready to go again next season.

edwingray

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 18, 2019, 08:44:38 am by edwingray »
Couldnt watch the game yesterday but my heartfelt commiserations to you. Penalties is always a crap way to lose a game.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on May 18, 2019, 09:08:35 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I dont think I've ever been so pleased after ultimately a loss. What a performance and game to be at.  We lost but they gave everything and surpassed my expectations.

I dont care who missed penalties, shots, tackles, saves etc that happens.  They gave 100% and as a fan what more can you ask.  There was that connection between fans and players last night and it was a superb game to be at.  Well worth the horrible journey down.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 18, 2019, 09:12:08 am by colincramb »
Woke up this morning and despite the amazing performance last night, I can’t stop thinking that it should be us in that final. We were so close and really we should have closed the game out. It wasn’t to be.

Times like this when I wish I didn’t like football

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 18, 2019, 09:14:09 am by Campsall rover »
Just got up and feel numb.
Nearly got my birthday present last night. It was’nt to be.
I just can’t believe we didn’t pull it off.
Thanks GM for giving us that. What a match to end the season.
It’s been a brilliant journey. We will go one step further next season. :rtid: :thumbsup:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on May 18, 2019, 09:18:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Colin
I understand where you're coming from but I'm in a very different place.

Times like this remind me how lucky I am to be a football fan.

I keep banging on about this, but ultimately it's not about winning and promotions and position in the pyramid.

It's about memories. It's about moments. It's about pride.

We are by some way the smallest of the four clubs in the play-offs, certainly in terms of fanbase and I'm guessing also in terms of wage bill. And yet, last night, when we were written of to the point of being ignored by the media, we've put in a performance that was streets ahead of anything the other three have managed in the playoffs.

I couldn't be prouder to be associated with this club. That will stay, regardless of us not making promotion.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 18, 2019, 09:36:13 am by Filo »
Away goals rule and we’re in the final, total injustice in my opinion, over the two legs we were the better team

TinyPortal © 2005-2012