Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:39:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: This weeks free press  (Read 8410 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: This weeks free press
« Reply #30 on June 08, 2019, 06:24:32 am by Nudga »
Peter Beardsley
Marco Gabbiadini

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 08, 2019, 06:31:30 am by dickos1 »
Names mentioned on a forum aren’t the same as the club saying someone is signing but then doesn’t

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 08, 2019, 08:58:34 am by Alan Southstand »
Probably from one of these qualifiers:

Glenavon
Cliftonville
Coleraine
Derry city
Shamrock Rovers
Celtic
Rangers
Hibernian

I like the look of (and sound of) Karamoko Dembele, from Celtic. A very young up and coming star at Celtic.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 08, 2019, 09:10:34 am by DonnyOsmond »

Glenavon
Cliftonville
Coleraine
Derry city
Shamrock Rovers
Celtic
Rangers
Hibernian

I like the look of (and sound of) Karamoko Dembele, from Celtic. A very young up and coming star at Celtic.

Could possibly include Aberdeen in that too. They got to the qualifying round.

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 08, 2019, 09:11:59 am by Cameron Rowe »
Glen Middleton from Rangers?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 08, 2019, 09:21:50 am by Alan Southstand »
He has to be "......very direct, very aggressive", as that is the stand-out quote from that FP report.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 08, 2019, 09:33:21 am by Filo »

Signed a 5 year contract at Rangers

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 08, 2019, 09:34:15 am by Filo »

Glenavon
Cliftonville
Coleraine
Derry city
Shamrock Rovers
Celtic
Rangers
Hibernian

Under contract at Celtic

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 08, 2019, 09:52:38 am by DonnyOsmond »
Some unattainable ones here, I've taken out the obviously unattainable ones such as Aumbeyang, Hazard, etc but all striker/wingers who have played in Europa League for a Scottish/English club. Harder to find seasonal stuff for Welsh/Irish clubs.

Rangers
Umar Sadiq
Alfredo Morelos
Kyle Lafferty
Jamie Murphy
Glenn Middleton
Ryan Kent - Liverpool
Daniel Candeias
Eros Grezda

Celtic
Lewis Morgan
Mikey Johnston
Oliver Burke - West Brom
Odsonne Édouard
Leigh Griffiths
James Forrest
Jonny Hayes
Scott Sinclair

Hibs
Jamie Gullan
Oli Shaw
Florian Kamberi
Martin Boyle

Aberdeen
Niall McGinn
Gary Mackay-Steven
Sam Cosgrove
Stevie May

Arsenal
Bukayo Saka
Eddie Nketiah
Emile Smith Rowe

Burnley
Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson
Matěj Vydra

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 08, 2019, 09:53:22 am by DonnyOsmond »
Is it definitely permanent signing? Perhaps a loan?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 08, 2019, 10:12:36 am by Retdon1 »
Some unattainable ones here, I've taken out the obviously unattainable ones such as Aumbeyang, Hazard, etc but all striker/wingers who have played in Europa League for a Scottish/English club. Harder to find seasonal stuff for Welsh/Irish clubs.

Rangers
Umar Sadiq
Alfredo Morelos
Kyle Lafferty
Jamie Murphy
Glenn Middleton
Ryan Kent - Liverpool
Daniel Candeias
Eros Grezda

Celtic
Lewis Morgan
Mikey Johnston
Oliver Burke - West Brom
Odsonne Édouard
Leigh Griffiths
James Forrest
Jonny Hayes
Scott Sinclair

Hibs
Jamie Gullan
Oli Shaw
Florian Kamberi
Martin Boyle

Aberdeen
Niall McGinn
Gary Mackay-Steven
Sam Cosgrove
Stevie May

Arsenal
Bukayo Saka
Eddie Nketiah
Emile Smith Rowe

Burnley
Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson
Matěj Vydra

I’m guessing it will be a player out of contract

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 08, 2019, 01:35:12 pm by Drover »

Season loan?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 08, 2019, 01:37:05 pm by Retdon1 »

Season loan?

McCan has said the 2 big Scottish clubs had been in touch about sending us their better younger players on loan

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 08, 2019, 01:50:10 pm by Retdon1 »
Glenn Middleton seems to fit the bill

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 08, 2019, 02:26:40 pm by RedJ »

Rangers
Umar Sadiq
Alfredo Morelos
Kyle Lafferty
Jamie Murphy
Glenn Middleton
Ryan Kent - Liverpool
Daniel Candeias
Eros Grezda

Celtic
Lewis Morgan
Mikey Johnston
Oliver Burke - West Brom
Odsonne Édouard
Leigh Griffiths
James Forrest
Jonny Hayes
Scott Sinclair

Hibs
Jamie Gullan
Oli Shaw
Florian Kamberi
Martin Boyle

Aberdeen
Niall McGinn
Gary Mackay-Steven
Sam Cosgrove
Stevie May

Arsenal
Bukayo Saka
Eddie Nketiah
Emile Smith Rowe

Burnley
Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson
Matěj Vydra

There's still loads on here that are unattainable tbf. Morelos will go for 7 maybe 8 figures. Forrest linked to the PL. Edouard is a key figure too and Kent is far too good for this level.

The less said about Sadiq, the better. Think a very rich man's Emile Sinclair.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 08, 2019, 02:35:50 pm by Chris Black come back »
Were we not rumoured to be looking at Kent last season or perhaps season before?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on June 08, 2019, 05:26:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Were we not rumoured to be looking at Kent last season or perhaps season before?

We may well have but he's gonna go top end championship, the premier league or back to Rangers, he was superb up there.  Middleton is a good player who's probably at about league 1 level\bottom end championship, his end product is not there yet and probably would fit the bill.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 09, 2019, 08:57:08 am by dickos1 »
From the game v charlton we’ve lost 7 of the starting 11.
One might be re-signing.
But it’s not ridiculous to be slightly concerned, we’ve got to find 7 players of a quality that will improve on those that have left.
McCann has proven he can make these type of signings but this summer must be the most depleted squad we’ve had in a long time

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 09, 2019, 09:21:05 am by Campsall rover »
One might be re-signing.
But it’s not ridiculous to be slightly concerned, we’ve got to find 7 players of a quality that will improve on those that have left.
McCann has proven he can make these type of signings but this summer must be the most depleted squad we’ve had in a long time
Two years ago you were telling  all the doom and gloom merchants to stop moaning.
Now you are all doom and gloom. Do you want DF back? Then we really would have something to be concerned about.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 09, 2019, 09:21:22 am by RoversAlias »
We signed a dozen players in the summer of 2016 after relegation, Ferguson built almost an entirely new squad and it paid off with promotion.

It's a challenge for sure but I have faith in the manager and his team of staff to assemble the right kind of squad for us to push on.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 09, 2019, 09:25:33 am by NickDRFC »
We signed a dozen players in the summer of 2016 after relegation, Ferguson built almost an entirely new squad and it paid off with promotion.

It's a challenge for sure but I have faith in the manager and his team of staff to assemble the right kind of squad for us to push on.

Rebuilding a squad after relegation is different - and frequently a necessity - to rebuilding after making the play-offs. I can understand Dickos’ fears but it’s so, so early that it’s not really worth thinking about now. If we’ve only signed a couple of players by August then I’m sure the mood will be very different but until then let’s put our faith in the board and management to build on last season and give us a squad capable of competing at the very top end of the table.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 09, 2019, 10:46:14 am by since-1969 »
Fergie had to achieve promotion after capitulating the previous one and going on loosing streak . McCann inherited a promotion side in good form that just needed tweaking and it wasn’t a bad attempt after all . The down side has now kicked in with so many players out of contract and all your successful  loans returning taking their goal potential with them . The clubs attitude to promotion I wouldn’t have though hasn't changed and achieving this has to be done within financial  constraints. These constraints worked last season because the players were in a good place and the new  manager wasn’t going to rip things up to build straight away . John Marquis lead the way and the team followed and for many games were scoring freely . We have now lost our loans , an aged centre half and a midfielder who missed most of the season through injury and a goal keeper who makes mistakes often crucial times added to this players loaned out who haven’t reached the mark of a first team place or hold on to it . So over really all of the first team squad is is in-tacked and with the odd replacements and a loan or two it will be business as usual and with hard work and consistency  will see us back fighting in the top half .

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 09, 2019, 10:54:51 am by dickos1 »
One might be re-signing.
Two years ago you were telling  all the doom and gloom merchants to stop moaning.
Now you are all doom and gloom. Do you want DF back? Then we really would have something to be concerned about.

Get a grip mate.
I’m not moaning, it’s an obvious concern that we’ve lost 7 of our best players

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 09, 2019, 11:12:51 am by dickos1 »

The massive difference being we were replacing players that weren’t good enough and didn’t want.
If money wasn’t an issue I’d imagine McCann would have chosen to keep all 7 of these

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 09, 2019, 01:15:15 pm by RoversAlias »
In an ideal world, sure. But we were never going to be getting Wilks and Kane for the long term, players like Marosi and Rowe are replaceable - they were hardly ever-presents in our team this season - and the issue with Butler is his age, he could easily drop off a cliff performance-wise in another 6 months or a year.

The other two of your 7 may well still be here next season, but even they are not irreplaceable. Until a few weeks before the end of the season a lot of fans were saying we needed better than Andrew.

It's not really about money being "an issue" in my opinion, it's about the need to spend the money we do have wisely. I believe McCann is aware of this and will do everything he can to maximise the playing budget.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 09, 2019, 02:13:13 pm by dickos1 »
I know they’re replaceable I never suggested otherwise. All I said is it’s a slight concern that we’ve lost 7 of our best players,

I don’t see how that can be argued with

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 09, 2019, 02:32:07 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm not arguing with you, I said in my initial response to you that I agree it's a challenge, but that I have faith in McCann and co to meet that challenge. I certainly don't think it is time to be worrying at this stage, in early June, about it and that's why I felt the need to post on the subject.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 09, 2019, 02:33:43 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I know they’re replaceable I never suggested otherwise. All I said is it’s a slight concern that we’ve lost 7 of our best players,

I don’t see how that can be argued with

Why are we concerned about replacing replaceable players isn't that the point of them? and 7 is hardly a unprecedented number of players to leave even for a playoff team. I know you'll argue i'm wrong, it's what you do, but we are so far away from the season's start that it's actually a good thing. We've cleared out some high earners and have time to replace them early on in preseason.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 09, 2019, 02:39:44 pm by dickos1 »
That’s an odd outlook
Everyone is replaceable getting someone to replace Kane, wilks, downing, etc of the same quality is the concern. Not just replacing them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012