Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 05:01:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If McCann goes...  (Read 16274 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: If McCann goes...
« Reply #120 on June 20, 2019, 07:26:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
And round we go...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on June 20, 2019, 07:26:19 pm by IDM »
Then just say “I know someone at the club but they don’t want me to say” at least has a bit more credence than saying nowt..

Also, stating that there will be no more signings whilst the GM/Hull thing is ongoing just before a signing is announced. does kind of weaken the in the know argument.  So if it was questionable
in the first place, it’s more so now..

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on June 20, 2019, 07:33:12 pm by redarmy82 »
Then just say “I know someone at the club but they don’t want me to say” at least has a bit more credence than saying nowt..

Also, stating that there will be no more signings whilst the GM/Hull thing is ongoing just before a signing is announced. does kind of weaken the in the know argument.  So if it was questionable
in the first place, it’s more so now..

But the stuff I've posted that has been correct doesn't make it less questionable? Interesting logic.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on June 20, 2019, 07:38:26 pm by IDM »
That’s not my point..

Never mind, as you said, it’s a forum and if we can’t see eye to eye, it’s not the end of the world..

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on June 20, 2019, 07:55:48 pm by Dare to dream! »
I'd maybe try and see if we could tempt Karl Robinson. Yes i know the guy is a bit of a knob but he's got a proven track record and plays good football.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on June 20, 2019, 07:59:43 pm by Bessie Red »
I'd maybe try and see if we could tempt Karl Robinson. Yes i know the guy is a bit of a knob but he's got a proven track record and plays good football.
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Prince_Moncrieffe

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on June 20, 2019, 08:10:02 pm by Prince_Moncrieffe »
Keegan.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on June 20, 2019, 08:13:53 pm by RedRover »
You can’t wait to see the back of McCann? You didn’t mean that did you?

Yes

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on June 20, 2019, 08:16:55 pm by Chris Black come back »

Would sooner have Karl Kennedy.

Sorry but anyone who embraces Franchise FC with such glee is not a credible figure.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on June 20, 2019, 08:17:27 pm by dickos1 »
You can’t wait to see the back of McCann? You didn’t mean that did you?

Yes

Ok 🤷🏼‍♂️

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on June 20, 2019, 09:19:11 pm by silent majority »
Wrong again..

Thought I’d just shown I wasn’t wrong on the other topic?

But you haven't have you. You've linked to some media reports, nothing more, nothing less.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on June 20, 2019, 09:28:24 pm by Donnybax »
Simon Grayson?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on June 20, 2019, 09:31:39 pm by dickos1 »
Wrong again..

But you haven't have you. You've linked to some media reports, nothing more, nothing less.

How else would you like me to show you that it happens. Other than an official statement from a club saying they’ve refused permission from a club to speak with their manager 🤷🏼‍♂️

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on June 20, 2019, 09:38:50 pm by silent majority »
Wrong again..

How else would you like me to show you that it happens. Other than an official statement from a club saying they’ve refused permission from a club to speak with their manager 🤷🏼‍♂️

Exactly! How do you know what happened? Did the club offer the manager more money to stay, or did the manager not fancy the move anyway, or maybe the manager did accept the interview but was pretty useless at that.

There are rules, and when applied there is a process to follow, which is the point I made and the one you refuted. Therefore the onus is on you to prove it, you said it had happened, I asked you for the evidence.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on June 20, 2019, 09:40:28 pm by Filo »
Well, the Hull friendly, might not be so friendly 😀

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on June 20, 2019, 09:41:52 pm by the vicar »
Garry Monk

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on June 20, 2019, 09:44:45 pm by dickos1 »
Wrong again..

Exactly! How do you know what happened? Did the club offer the manager more money to stay, or did the manager not fancy the move anyway, or maybe the manager did accept the interview but was pretty useless at that.

There are rules, and when applied there is a process to follow, which is the point I made and the one you refuted. Therefore the onus is on you to prove it, you said it had happened, I asked you for the evidence.

The statement from the club is pretty conclusive. And this was on the clubs official website 

A statement on the club’s website said: “Aberdeen Football Club has announced this evening that Rangers have contacted the Club asking for permission to speak to Derek McInnes and that permission has been refused.”

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on June 20, 2019, 10:00:57 pm by roversdude »
Don’t think GM will be able to watch dvds of all the Ull games in a short space of time

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on June 20, 2019, 10:03:21 pm by pib »
Wrong again..

The statement from the club is pretty conclusive. And this was on the clubs official website 

A statement on the club’s website said: “Aberdeen Football Club has announced this evening that Rangers have contacted the Club asking for permission to speak to Derek McInnes and that permission has been refused.”

Hasn't SM just literally said that it's an LMA thing that covers English leagues?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on June 20, 2019, 10:18:39 pm by dickos1 »
Like I said there’s occasions where clubs have refused permission and the manager has wanted to go and in the end they’ve either been placed on gardening leave or they’ve just resigned.

Steve Bruce did this when he wanted to join Birmingham from palace and also pardew when he wanted to join West Ham from reading.
Both occasions ended in court because their clubs wouldn’t let them talk to the interested clubs

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on June 20, 2019, 10:19:41 pm by silent majority »
Wrong again..

Hasn't SM just literally said that it's an LMA thing that covers English leagues?

Yep, I did. But dickos1 isn't listening.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on June 20, 2019, 10:22:29 pm by dickos1 »
I’m listening,
Just don’t agree with what your saying.
Even found something stating the rule

A Club can attempt to hold a Manager who is being courted by a rival Club to his contractual notice period (or to the end of his fixed term, if the Contract is expressed in that way).

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on June 20, 2019, 10:23:05 pm by silent majority »
Like I said there’s occasions where clubs have refused permission and the manager has wanted to go and in the end they’ve either been placed on gardening leave or they’ve just resigned.

Steve Bruce did this when he wanted to join Birmingham from palace and also pardew when he wanted to join West Ham from reading.
Both occasions ended in court because their clubs wouldn’t let them talk to the interested clubs

Ended up in court. Proves that rules exist.

They can't actually stop them from talking, what they can do is not pass on the information, which in itself is breaking the rules.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on June 20, 2019, 10:24:22 pm by silent majority »
I’m listening,
Just don’t agree with what your saying.
Even found something stating the rule

A Club can attempt to hold a Manager who is being courted by a rival Club to his contractual notice period (or to the end of his fixed term, if the Contract is expressed in that way).

I am quoting the rule book. It's not my opinion.

I have no idea what you have found there. Attempt? That means nothing.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on June 20, 2019, 10:27:24 pm by dickos1 »
Look at the pardew and Bruce examples
Both clubs blocked the manger from speaking with the other club, reading even placed pardew on gardening leave for a month so he couldn’t join West Ham until that was over

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on June 20, 2019, 10:28:55 pm by IDM »
Although it doesn’t really matter - if I read the DFP rightly the club will consult GM, thereby following the rules SM refers to as well as being open and honest with GM himself..

Looks like our owners operate with integrity, can’t argue with that.?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 10:31:25 pm by IDM »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on June 20, 2019, 10:29:26 pm by silent majority »
Look at the pardew and Bruce examples
Both clubs blocked the manger from speaking with the other club, reading even placed pardew on gardening leave for a month so he couldn’t join West Ham until that was over

I'm tired, I have an early flight in the morning. Just go and read the rule book, it's easy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on June 20, 2019, 10:31:36 pm by silent majority »
Although it doesn’t really matter - if I read the DFP rightly the club will consult GM, thereby following. The rules SM refers to as well as being open and honest with GM himself..

That's exactly it IDM. If Hull make an official approach we have to tell GM about it. It's his choice whether he attends for an interview. We can't block him, stop him, put him on gardening leave (whatever that means) or refuse to cooperate.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on June 20, 2019, 10:32:39 pm by dickos1 »
Although it doesn’t really matter - if I read the DFP rightly the club will consult GM, thereby following. The rules SM refers to as well as being open and honest with GM himself..

Yes they’re bound to inform him but can then tell him they won’t allow it.
But it wouldn’t be the best idea desperately holding onto a manger that wanted to leave, it’s not quite the same as doing it with a player

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on June 20, 2019, 10:33:43 pm by silent majority »

Yes they’re bound to inform him but can then tell him they won’t allow it.
But it wouldn’t be the best idea desperately holding onto a manger that wanted to leave, it’s not quite the same as doing it with a player

They can't!!! How many more times do you have to be told. For f**ks sake!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012