Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:26:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Too mardy faceless keyboard warrior on here .....  (Read 4017 times)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Too mardy faceless keyboard warrior on here .....
« Reply #30 on June 23, 2019, 07:46:49 pm by LincsRover »
Not sure he had much choice in that one. Sure I saw an interview afterwards that said he wanted to stay at donny but needed offloading to ease the wage bill? Of course, my mind may be playing tricks on me?!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 23, 2019, 07:51:09 pm by RedJ »
That's in the back of my mind as well, Lincs.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 23, 2019, 07:56:47 pm by RobTheRover »
Our board seem to be more content to let events dictate themselves rather than make stand and just say “ He’s ours now F*** off”

LMA rules, mate. There is a process to follow. The enquiring club has to ask permission of the club but it's up the manager to rule himself out. The club can't do it. It would be a restriction of opportunity otherwise.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on June 23, 2019, 09:08:09 pm by idler »
Not sure he had much choice in that one. Sure I saw an interview afterwards that said he wanted to stay at donny but needed offloading to ease the wage bill? Of course, my mind may be playing tricks on me?!
That is something like what Copps related if I remember right.
I remember Copps in tears after the infamous Portsmouth game which confirmed relegation. That's how much it meant to him.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 23, 2019, 09:36:33 pm by RoversAlias »
Not having anyone trying to question Coppinger's loyalty. The club was a mess needing a major rebuild when he left for Forest, and he gave it his all when he returned culminating in scoring the goal that won us promotion and our last league championship that season.

He could've forced a move any number of times at our Championship peak - particularly when Ipswich came calling - but unlike McCann and any number of players over the years, he never did and always has given us everything he's got.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 23, 2019, 09:42:27 pm by Copps is Magic »
Coppinger didn't make the decision to go on loan, no player does that. But he did want to play for Forest (who he has supported since a child), and he did want to play under Sean again, that's undeniably. The way Copps recalled it at the time was that he got a call from his agent at 12:30, he was dropped off at a service station near Bristol and his agent drove him to forest, and the rovers coach continued on to whoever we were playing.

When he went to Forest, he started very few games because they were playing a very narrow midfield with Gillet holding. He publicly stated his displeasure a few times and eventually came back the next window.

Saunders at the time claimed he didn't want Copps to go, so it was a financial decision on our part ultimately.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012