Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:12:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chris Hughton  (Read 4428 times)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Chris Hughton
« on June 23, 2019, 09:45:09 pm by Spilsby Red »
This I know is a very long shot. However, tho l about it. He has managed at the highest levels for a long time, done very well with all the clubs he has managed. He kept Brighton up against all the odds, yet, gets sacked, all because boards expect their team to be higher in the league. Boards and some fans have no concept on reality.
Now fast forward, he is out of work, he probably has all the money he needs. He could feel, we as a club are well run by the board ( some of our fans won’t agree). He has the expertise, experience and knowledge of the game, good contacts. Our club at this moment in time is what he could need and what we need. It’s a long shot I know, but, would be a good fit for all.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Chris Hughton
« Reply #1 on June 23, 2019, 10:01:11 pm by LincsRover »
I’d take him in a heartbeat. Good manager and great fit for us but I think he’s way out of our league and a middle to top championship side could well be transformed by him. I guess we can but dream though!  :woot:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 23, 2019, 10:03:15 pm by Campsall rover »
This I know is a very long shot. However, tho l about it. He has managed at the highest levels for a long time, done very well with all the clubs he has managed. He kept Brighton up against all the odds, yet, gets sacked, all because boards expect their team to be higher in the league. Boards and some fans have no concept on reality.
Now fast forward, he is out of work, he probably has all the money he needs. He could feel, we as a club are well run by the board ( some of our fans won’t agree). He has the expertise, experience and knowledge of the game, good contacts. Our club at this moment in time is what he could need and what we need. It’s a long shot I know, but, would be a good fit for all.
Yes would be a brilliant appointment but can’t see it happening. Would he drop to league 1
Very doubtful imo.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 23, 2019, 10:04:09 pm by Spilsby Red »
Definitely a dream. What a great manager. But, after all he has done for all his teams and ends up being sacked, just perhaps, he might take a punt on good old Donny. With a string board. Like I said would be nice.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 23, 2019, 10:05:06 pm by Spilsby Red »
*strong

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 23, 2019, 10:15:44 pm by northern soul »
Would be my choice, but I can see him getting Derby job after lampard goes Chelsea.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 23, 2019, 10:17:50 pm by Spilsby Red »
Good call. Perhaps we need to act now. There are no givens that he will get that. Also, what a statement it would be from the board

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 23, 2019, 10:19:00 pm by RoversAlias »
I would be astounded if he came here, he could walk into nigh on any Championship job and rightly so. If we looked a side capable of making the Prem, like Sunderland, I could see him dropping to this level but not to little old Donny. Surely not.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 23, 2019, 10:21:43 pm by Spilsby Red »
Like I said probably not. But he would be given a free reign and no pressure. And he could work his magic. Take little old Donny up and enhance his CV further with a team that don’t spend for spending sake.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 23, 2019, 11:55:19 pm by ian1980 »
Oh FFS, if you seriously think someone like CH is going to take the job at DRFC then your insane.

People need to get in the real world, we’re a third tier club and the top managers won’t be interested.

We need someone looking to make a name for themself.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 24, 2019, 12:07:23 am by dickos1 »
He would’ve been on at least 750k a year at Brighton I would guess we would be offering around a tenth of that

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 24, 2019, 01:13:27 am by Spilsby Red »
Wow Ian1980. Chill out. If you read my post properly I said it would be nice but would not probably happen. Stop spouting crap 💩 without real reason to the post. Jeez. I wonder why people support our club. I only said it would be nice but know it won’t happen. Just thought it would be an interesting topic. Obviously not

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 24, 2019, 01:15:05 am by PDX_Rover »
He would’ve been on at least 750k a year at Brighton I would guess we would be offering around a tenth of that

Rubbish. Manager would be on more than £1500 a week.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 24, 2019, 02:33:27 am by Retdon1 »

Think you need to re do your maths

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 24, 2019, 02:50:47 am by scawsby steve »

No he's right; 75 grand a year is £1500 a week.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 24, 2019, 02:55:48 am by Retdon1 »

But he said 750k

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 24, 2019, 03:07:06 am by NewDonny »
Absolutely no chance, don't even understand why there is a thread on this, rediculous.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 24, 2019, 07:15:43 am by dickos1 »

It’s not rubbish I’m afraid
The average wage for a league one manager is 75k a year for league 2 its 50k a year.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 24, 2019, 07:54:57 am by Spilsby Red »
Newdonny. If this thread shouldn’t be on here then 99% of threads shouldn’t be. Also learn to spell, if you want to have a go at my thread then I will have a go back

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 24, 2019, 07:58:26 am by drfchound »

But he said 750k

I think you need to re-read the post that Dickos wrote.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 24, 2019, 08:31:05 am by NewDonny »
Newdonny. If this thread shouldn’t be on here then 99% of threads shouldn’t be. Also learn to spell, if you want to have a go at my thread then I will have a go back

Irrespective of my spelling, or grammar for that matter, please tell me why Chris Hughton would consider dropping down two whole divisions to manage DRFC, let alone taking a substantial drop,in salary!

It might take a few months but it's only a matter of time before he is back managing an EPL team.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 24, 2019, 08:38:29 am by LincsRover »
To be fair to spilsby he did say it was unlikely and probably not going to happen but this is the mad mad world of football, and for a week or 3 whilst the board choose a manager to take us forward, why not dream a little - who’d have thought GM would go for the first higher level job he was linked with? Dafter things have happened!  :rtid:

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 24, 2019, 08:39:05 am by Spilsby Red »
Firstly he isn’t on a salary at this moment so he can’t take a drop in one.
Secondly, it was just a thought on him coming here, like I said he probably wouldn’t in the thread, so, what’s the issue with the thread ?

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 24, 2019, 08:43:11 am by Spilsby Red »
Thanks LincsRover. To dream is good, would it happen, probably not. However, as you said this is football.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 24, 2019, 08:51:18 am by NewDonny »
Secondly, it was just a thought on him coming here, like I said he probably wouldn’t in the thread, so, what’s the issue with the thread ?

My reference to him taking a drop in salary was all about value and not about what he is on right now, but you know that anyway.  He has managed in and around the EPL now for a good number of years so has a worth and will have earning expectations as to his value and in those terms we cannot afford him.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 24, 2019, 08:51:45 am by northern soul »
He would be my ideal choice based on who is out of work.

There are only 92 league and prem jobs. If he's waiting it out, fair play to him, but there's been plenty of people to try that and not get back in quickly, and it becomes harder to get back in the longer you are out.

Whatever people say, we are a stable club that affords managers a good chance to implement what they want to try to do. That has a draw surely.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 24, 2019, 09:04:23 am by NewDonny »

There are only 92 league and prem jobs. If he's waiting it out, fair play to him, but there's been plenty of people to try that and not get back in quickly, and it becomes harder to get back in the longer you are out.

Whatever people say, we are a stable club that affords managers a good chance to implement what they want to try to do. That has a draw surely.

Cannot disagree with anything you say, who wouldn't want a manager like Hughton!? However, a manager of his standing is not going to reduce his stock by accepting a role with a division one club, on a lot less money than he is used to earning, just to stay in the game. He knows that if he bides his time he will pick up a new EPL/Championship club together with a salary commensurate with what he us used to earning.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:06:31 am by NewDonny »

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 24, 2019, 09:20:55 am by northern soul »

Cannot disagree with anything you say, who wouldn't want a manager like Hughton!? However, a manager of his standing is not going to reduce his stock by accepting a role with a division one club, on a lot less money than he is used to earning, just to stay in the game. He knows that if he bides his time he will pick up a new EPL/Championship club together with a salary commensurate with what he us used to earning.

I agree it's unlikely, but it's got to be a better dream than Mr Evans.....

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 24, 2019, 10:26:00 am by GazLaz »
Just won’t happen. Impossible. He’s a good premier league manager.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 24, 2019, 10:30:31 am by RobTheRover »

Actually, if you consider how manager's compensation packages work following a sacking he will be getting paid by Brighton for some considerable time.  As an example, I understand Roy Hodgson has just received the last of his compo from Liverpool.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012