Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 05:51:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 6241 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Darren Moore
« on July 05, 2019, 09:22:32 pm by Retdon1 »
The Yorkshire post have just posted that Darren Moore has applied for the job

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1 on July 05, 2019, 09:26:07 pm by ChrisBx »
Let's hope he interviews well..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 05, 2019, 09:53:29 pm by scawsby steve »
How on Earth could they possibly know?

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 05, 2019, 09:53:40 pm by Move DRFC »
The only manager who has confirmed interest. Still available at 4s on Sky Bet.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 05, 2019, 09:55:21 pm by drfchound »
The only manager who has confirmed interest. Still available at 4s on Sky Bet.

Publically.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 05, 2019, 09:58:33 pm by dknward2 »
Let’s see how his odds shorten overnight.

Definitely a man who can relate to our dark times and knows our history.

Hope like with McCann he will have done plenty of research on our recent times

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 05, 2019, 10:17:47 pm by Pancho Regan »
I've got nothing but positive memories of the big man from his days at Rovers.

I can't remember the year, but my family sponsored a game at Belle Vue for the occasion of my Mum's and my wife's birthday ( they share the same day).

We voted Darren as Man of the Match so of course we got to meet him in what passed for the 'Sponsor's Lounge' at OBV - a tiny space at the back of the old Main Stand.

Darren was the perfect gentleman. He made such a fuss of my wife and my Mum, absolutely made their day.
And these were not great days for our club, but Darren was a diplomat and an ambassador and a thoroughly nice guy. And this was after being a tower of strength and an uncompromising and dominant defender during the game that afternoon.

I have a photo somewhere of the big man, taken with my Mum and my wife from the day in question.
I must look it out.

I know none of this says much about his credentials for becoming our new manager, but I for one will be delighted if he gets the job.

Values are important, and Darren has them in spades.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 05, 2019, 10:20:29 pm by the vicar »
I hope not he players boring football according to the WBAfans I know

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 05, 2019, 10:21:49 pm by Alan Southstand »
Good luck to him for tomorrow.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 05, 2019, 10:27:22 pm by scawsby steve »
Good luck to him for tomorrow.

What's happening tomorrow Alan?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 05, 2019, 10:28:04 pm by ChrisBx »
I hope not he players boring football according to the WBAfans I know

The managers immediately before him were Pardew, Megson and Pulis. He took the WBA job when they were rooted to the bottom of the Premier League. He was hardly going to rock up and emulate Pep Guardiola.

I believe WBA were one of the highest scoring teams in the Championship when he left too.

Darren Moore would be a risk, of course. As would any appointment to an extent.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 05, 2019, 10:29:02 pm by mushRTID »
DM before my time as a rovers fan but I trust my fellow rovers.
I’d take him over Flitcroft

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 05, 2019, 10:32:41 pm by Dare to dream! »
Link?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 05, 2019, 10:35:13 pm by Retdon1 »
How on Earth could they possibly know?

There reporters, they will know people who know people... the last few days it was he’s rumoured to have applied for the job but now their confirming he’s applied so they must know something

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 05, 2019, 10:40:29 pm by rich1471 »
would love Darren Moore to take charge and he could lead us to the championship , anyone who say him play for rovers will know he his a natural born leader even back then when we signed him from Torquay, a real leader       

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 05, 2019, 10:44:31 pm by Dare to dream! »
I see it being a naive appointment.

That being said I’d much prefer him over Flitcroft.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 05, 2019, 10:49:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Naive in what way? He had a similar amount of managerial experience as McCann had this time last year. And in a far more pressurised environment. And his record at WBA was really very good.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 05, 2019, 10:57:00 pm by Dare to dream! »
McCann was a highly tipped coach, did reasonably well at Peterborough and was sacked because of a trigger happy chairman.

Moore massively underachieved at WBA on a big budget with players who were a cut above the rest. How’s he going to manage on a low budget and getting the best out of players?

I think it speaks volumes that WBA were happy to him go.

People are getting sucked in the fact he’s managed at a higher level.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 05, 2019, 11:33:15 pm by karldew »
McCann was a highly tipped coach, did reasonably well at Peterborough and was sacked because of a trigger happy chairman.

Moore massively underachieved at WBA on a big budget with players who were a cut above the rest. How’s he going to manage on a low budget and getting the best out of players?

I was saying this earlier. Everyone is happy with Moore to be manager and by the looks of it there would be uproar if Flitcroft got the job?

Moore did well in a honey moon period and nearly kept WBA in the premier league. In the championship he had a front 3 of Dwight Gayle!!, Jay Rodriguez!! and Hal Robson Kanu with big players like; Gaz Baz, James Morrison, Hegazi, Jake Livermore and even Sam Johnston behind them. They should of been in the top 2 all season with a team like that.

If Moore does become our manager I will support him and hope he is successful but on the other hand if it’s Flitcroft i’ll be wishing for the exact same rather then saying “hardly a high calibre candidate”

Everyone has to learn or start again else where and we need to give whoever gets the job a chance as it’s our board who have selected that man/women for a reason..

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 05, 2019, 11:46:07 pm by Spilsby Red »
Whoever it is, irrelevant of there past experiences. Let’s support them. Who knows, there past club maybe, wasn’t right, however, just maybe, our club is. Only time will tell.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 05, 2019, 11:51:17 pm by RoversAlias »
Massively underachieved? They were 4th in the table when he was sacked, about where they should be in a division full of big sides with lots of money.

He also engineered a victory at Old Trafford and a win over Spurs with a West Brom team all but relegated from the Premier League.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 06, 2019, 05:56:49 am by Alan Southstand »
Dare to Dream, I think there's a bit of guess work going on there. My WBA supporting mate has told me Moore galvanised the team after Pulis left and had them, at least, playing for one another.

Of the rumoured choices, I think DM's the one that can, not only get the lads united, but also the support base. That, imho, will go a long way in getting this coming season off on the right foot, if we are to get anywhere near the Board's stated aim of competing for promotion again.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 06, 2019, 07:27:07 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Seems a no brainer vs Flitcroft.  But who else is in for it?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 06, 2019, 07:40:55 am by Dare to dream! »
Confirmed by Hoden

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 06, 2019, 07:56:09 am by NickDRFC »
Dare to Dream, I think there's a bit of guess work going on there. My WBA supporting mate has told me Moore galvanised the team after Pulis left and had them, at least, playing for one another.

Of the rumoured choices, I think DM's the one that can, not only get the lads united, but also the support base. That, imho, will go a long way in getting this coming season off on the right foot, if we are to get anywhere near the Board's stated aim of competing for promotion again.

Your WBA supporting mate must be a bit forgetful - Pulis left 7 months before Moore took over!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:25:19 am by NickDRFC »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 06, 2019, 08:25:35 am by dickos1 »

Massively underachieved!
Wow.
He almost kept them up when it would’ve been the greatest escape of all time.
And they were 4th when he left.

I’ve no idea how that is massively underachieving

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 06, 2019, 08:56:46 am by Jonathan »
Laughable to say he massively underachieved when 4th in arguably the most competitive league in the world that’s full of big clubs all wanting to get promoted.

Of the touted candidates I’d be delighted with Moore. As has been pointed out, I feel he has the right values and the stature to unite the club. Alternatively I also feel I’d be happy with Appleton who is one of the thinkers in the game and a respected coach and tactician.

Not sure on the others being mentioned.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 06, 2019, 09:03:09 am by NickDRFC »
I’m not convinced that Moore is a particularly good manager right now but he’s certainly young enough to learn, and being such a legendary figure means the fans will be fully behind him from the off.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 06, 2019, 09:04:28 am by DRNaith »
A great leader of men and humble enough to make a change when he's made a mistake. A big YES from me.

I don't know him directly, but I have a friend who does.

If you're not holding out for the perfect, premier league standard, manager to come to our league one club, DM is a great option

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 06, 2019, 09:16:16 am by Lifelong supporter »

Your WBA supporting mate must be a bit forgetful - Pulis left 7 months before Moore took over!

Wrong!
Pulis was sacked on April 2, 2018 after nine defeats in a row with WBA ten points adrift at the bottom and six games to play.
Moore took over immediately and only lost once in the last six beating Tottenham and Man U, and drawing with Liverpool!
When Moore ridiculously got the push last season they were fourth in the table and had beaten QPR 7-1 and Norwich 4-3 away.
They also hammered Leeds 4-1 and won 4-0 at Rotherham.
He'll do for me! 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012