Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 04:52:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Keepmoat Stadium  (Read 7092 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Keepmoat Stadium
« Reply #30 on July 07, 2019, 08:18:58 pm by drfchound »
It's not our stadium it's rented.

It's not rented. DRFC have a 99 year lease on it.

Don't we pay any rent then?

Why would we pay rent for something that we own the lease to?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 07, 2019, 08:33:12 pm by RoversAlias »
Sorry, ignore my previous post about MK Dons stadium, someone sent me a picture of flames pouring out from the stadium last night, apparently it was the pyrotechnics from a heavy metal rock band in concert. (Controlled flames) I stupidly jumped to conclusions that the stadium was being raised to the ground.  Egg/face etc....

Rammstein! My brother was at that gig, not surprised to hear there was a lot of pyrotechnic fire.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 07, 2019, 08:44:34 pm by Lesonthewest »
The place does look knackered. The exterior cladding is shite.

The exterior cladding normally has a 25 year shelf life, but is badly in need of a good wash down, believe SM has alluded to plans being of something like being done.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 07, 2019, 09:07:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It could be a lot better, but could be a lot worse.  I'd rather spend money on a new striker than a fancy looking roof.

I despise the sound system though, it really is poor.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 07, 2019, 09:18:11 pm by drfchound »
It could be a lot better, but could be a lot worse.  I'd rather spend money on a new striker than a fancy looking roof.

I despise the sound system though, it really is poor.

Very often difficult to hear what is being said, especially if the stadium announcer is speaking with a guest.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 07, 2019, 10:30:22 pm by dknward2 »
To improve the quality of the sound we need speakers as opposed to the pa system tannoy we have now with a proper concert sound expert to set it up.

Agree it would be nice to paint the inside walls even just white at least brighten the interior up.

But I'll settle for the plumbing not leaking and some decent food and drink

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 07, 2019, 11:01:33 pm by SouthStandFan »
I looked at speaker system costs and think it is only around 30-40k. Not much at all and probably one of the cheapest quality of life/atmosphere improvements you could make.

And safe standing for South stand would be great.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 08, 2019, 12:42:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Do you want cosmetics or money spent on the squad/infrastructure? We heard a little while ago that some money would be spent on Cantley Park. S-M said there's some painting to be done at the Keepmoat. These things are not cheap.

Given where we came from Belle Vue, which was for the most part, a shit hole, then we have no grounds for worrying about the appearance of the stadium. A bit at a time will do me as long as it doesn't compromise what we all want to see on the pitch.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 08, 2019, 07:14:49 am by sha66y »
Sorry, ignore my previous post about MK Dons stadium, someone sent me a picture of flames pouring out from the stadium last night, apparently it was the pyrotechnics from a heavy metal rock band in concert. (Controlled flames) I stupidly jumped to conclusions that the stadium was being raised to the ground.  Egg/face etc....

Rammstein.......I was their

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 08, 2019, 07:16:18 am by drfchound »

You were their what?      Roadie?

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 08, 2019, 07:35:45 am by SouthStandFan »
Do you want cosmetics or money spent on the squad/infrastructure? We heard a little while ago that some money would be spent on Cantley Park. S-M said there's some painting to be done at the Keepmoat. These things are not cheap.

Given where we came from Belle Vue, which was for the most part, a shit hole, then we have no grounds for worrying about the appearance of the stadium. A bit at a time will do me as long as it doesn't compromise what we all want to see on the pitch.

The two things aren't mutually exclusive. As I said a sound system is in the 10s of thousands.

If upkeep isn't done on the ground it will quickly look tired. (and it is starting to). You then end up with work cost twice as much as just doing routine maintenance here and there.

But yes, we have a great ground all things considered. I'd still rather be at belle Vue but that is my nostalgia goggles!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 08, 2019, 08:45:50 am by Padge_DRFC »
Speaking of roofs it would have been nice if it was designed to keep the sound in the ground. Some grounds even a small amount of noise and it sounds decent. Can never hardly hear the away fans but see them singing.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 08, 2019, 11:19:26 am by WheatleyRover »

[/quote

It may have been a shit hole, but it was our shit hole lol
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 11:45:55 am by WheatleyRover »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 08, 2019, 06:19:44 pm by sha66y »

Damn ....lol...”there”...I was there!

You were their what?      Roadie?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 08, 2019, 10:07:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Probably like owning a flat where you pay ground rent and service charges for the upkeep it's normal to pay a quarterly fee. Makes us doing major reforms harder because technically messing with the structure is down to the freeholder i.e. the council

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 08, 2019, 10:13:21 pm by drfchound »

Probably like owning a flat where you pay ground rent and service charges for the upkeep it's normal to pay a quarterly fee. Makes us doing major reforms harder because technically messing with the structure is down to the freeholder i.e. the council

But SM has already told us that the outside of the stadium is to be repainted.
Flats are usually part of a building comprising of other flats so service charges are a necessary evil.
The KM isn’t part of a collection of properties so is unlikely to need service charges.
I would have thought that the club pay business  rates though (not ground rent),

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 08, 2019, 10:14:14 pm by WheatleyRover »
I dont think the council care to much tbh, they rather the stadium be out of their hands, obviously we have to consult them with changes like the wall we built in the East ect, they wanted the running of the stadium off their hands, and the way they've talked about it in the past made it sound like an unnecessary nuisance
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 10:20:50 pm by WheatleyRover »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 09, 2019, 03:21:45 am by roversdude »
Slightly related but surprised there is no WiFi in the ground. Doesn’t particularly bother me but it seems to be offered at other grounds and maybe another source of revenue (WiFi provided by EE/Vodafone/Tesco et al)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 09, 2019, 07:41:06 am by WheatleyRover »
When the name changes in the future for sponsership, i think The Keepmoat name should be the grounds unofficial "spiritual" moniker, and will always be known affectionately as The Keepmoat amongst supporters given this was the first name of the ground regardless of sponsership.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 09, 2019, 07:44:30 am by WheatleyRover »
Or at least an unofficial Nickname

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 09, 2019, 09:39:24 am by redarmy82 »
I wish we'd join the 21st century and have contactless payment at the food kiosks and season ticket cards rather than the outdated books. Etickets would be a good step as well.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 09, 2019, 10:00:50 am by NickDRFC »
I wish we'd join the 21st century and have contactless payment at the food kiosks and season ticket cards rather than the outdated books. Etickets would be a good step as well.

I can’t understand why this hasn’t been adopted yet. Surely the costs aren’t prohibitive, and it would massively ease the queues as we wouldn’t have to wait for the staff to work out how much change to give from a tenner for £4 spent!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 09, 2019, 10:27:31 am by redarmy82 »

I can’t understand why this hasn’t been adopted yet. Surely the costs aren’t prohibitive, and it would massively ease the queues as we wouldn’t have to wait for the staff to work out how much change to give from a tenner for £4 spent!

Exactly. And less people these days carry cash. I rarely have physical cash in my wallet.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 09, 2019, 11:34:06 am by WheatleyRover »
I agree, although it's not hard going to the cash machine before you go to the ground, but it would be handy for those who don't carry cash

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 09, 2019, 11:59:30 am by DD »
One of my thoughts for what its worth to do with stadium appearance (& apologies to RobC as ive mentioned it to him already).....How about some RED STRIP LED lighting running all way around roof on outside?? Can be very effective! Doesnt have to be on 24/7
A while ago i went past man city & looked v impressive lit up - i know we are no where near their resources but could that be done at same time as painting corners / spruce up? LED technology moved along rapidly recently???, just a thought .....SM comment???

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 09, 2019, 06:58:13 pm by silent majority »
One of my thoughts for what its worth to do with stadium appearance (& apologies to RobC as ive mentioned it to him already).....How about some RED STRIP LED lighting running all way around roof on outside?? Can be very effective! Doesnt have to be on 24/7
A while ago i went past man city & looked v impressive lit up - i know we are no where near their resources but could that be done at same time as painting corners / spruce up? LED technology moved along rapidly recently???, just a thought .....SM comment???

We've discussed lighting on a few occasions. It's always about money obviously, but I'll chase it with Gav soon.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 09, 2019, 07:07:09 pm by godlike1 »

We've discussed lighting on a few occasions. It's always about money obviously, but I'll chase it with Gav soon.

Change all the stadium lights for LEDs and it'll both pay for itself within about 6 years and leave it maintenance free for between 10 and 20 not to mention the costs saved in energy

There are also lots of funding streams that can be looked at to help with this

No brainer really. Im working on a scheme for the MoJ now on the huge civil courts building in manchester.
Happy to have a discussion SM if its of any help?

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 10, 2019, 12:41:33 am by WheatleyRover »

What would this RED LED look like, im a bit confused about what you mean?

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 10, 2019, 09:26:36 am by DD »
Red LED - a single red strip light running all way round outer edge of stadium roof - very effective (in my mind) - to operate on match days plus from twilight to @11pm???

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 10, 2019, 09:32:54 am by drfchound »

What would this RED LED look like, im a bit confused about what you mean?

It is clear enough to me what he means.
I have seen similar at some other grounds.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012