Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:34:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anthony Hudson  (Read 14948 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Anthony Hudson
« Reply #120 on July 10, 2019, 12:33:55 pm by dickos1 »
Every club has fans that moan about their manager you even get people on the radio moaning about klopp and pep

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on July 10, 2019, 12:34:50 pm by IDM »
He's not my first choice aswell. Appleton is much better but I guess we'll see. Hopefully he's learnt from his time at West Brom.
Appleton is clearly a good coach but for me lacks certain qualities as a manager which for me Moore has...

West Brom fans told me Moore is tactically naïve. Brill.

All of them.?

Clearly not but everyone will have a different opinion..

Naive enough to get them to 4th in the championship..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on July 10, 2019, 12:35:06 pm by Campsall rover »
He's not my first choice aswell. Appleton is much better but I guess we'll see. Hopefully he's learnt from his time at West Brom.
Appleton is clearly a good coach but for me lacks certain qualities as a manager which for me Moore has...

So a few WBA supporters don’t rate him.
So what. Means absolutely nothing.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on July 10, 2019, 12:36:43 pm by Cramby10 »
And those West Brom fans are experts are they? Jeez!!🙄
Some of the shite on here is laughable. Just back whoever we get for gods sake. There’s better qualified people than us mere mortals to make informed decisions.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on July 10, 2019, 12:40:02 pm by Nudga »
They sacked him and STILL didn't go up

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on July 10, 2019, 12:41:37 pm by Fal »

A fan on footballforums.net told you he was made a few mistakes not that is tactically naive, every manager makes mistakes in games regardless of their qualities.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on July 10, 2019, 12:43:05 pm by RoversAlias »
Posh fans all said McCann couldn't quite put it together and many said they were fine with him being sacked. He did pretty well for us last season.

What Albion fans think is interesting but not always relevant, and certainly not always to be taken as gospel fact. If it is Moore, he comes here with his own ideas and with the experience of what he got wrong as well as right in his time at WBA. A young coach still growing and learning, which fits well with what the club ethos is.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 10, 2019, 12:52:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »

A fan on footballforums.net told you he was made a few mistakes not that is tactically naive, every manager makes mistakes in games regardless of their qualities.

It was the thread on there from when he was sacked they said he was tactically naïve. I mistook which thread I read it from, doesn't change anything though.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on July 10, 2019, 01:12:21 pm by IDM »
If you think the bookies odds are solely based on money being bet then you're seriously mistaken.

Explain then how Steve Evans was a big (pun intended) bookies favourite before the interviews, even though he’s publically denied any interest, which was confirmed on here by SM as being true..

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on July 10, 2019, 01:20:46 pm by redarmy82 »
If you think the bookies odds are solely based on money being bet then you're seriously mistaken.

Explain then how Steve Evans was a big (pun intended) bookies favourite before the interviews, even though he’s publically denied any interest, which was confirmed on here by SM as being true..

I said solely based.

Why did Mccann become odds on favourite with SkyBet before his name was even mentioned anywhere. They knew he was being targetted for the job./

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on July 10, 2019, 01:21:43 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Every club has fans that moan about their manager you even get people on the radio moaning about klopp and pep

I've moaned slightly and he's not my first choice but if he does as good as McCann by playing good football, developing players and getting results then I'll quickly buy into him. Not everyone was excited about McCann when he first joined.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on July 10, 2019, 01:31:10 pm by NickDRFC »
Anthony Hudson rang a bell a bit so I looked him up - I recognised the name as he went from coaching at Spurs to Newport almost 10 years ago. When he joined, "He arrived with a "glittering reference" from Harry Redknapp, who likened him to "a young José Mourinho"" - that's the first red flag for me, a reference from 'Arry. Interesting CV after that but ultimately a dreadful record in his last job - I'm all for being open-minded but this guy's not for me.

Still I suppose it's a moot point given it looks like we've got DARREN MOORE, HE'S OUR MANAGOOOOOR!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on July 10, 2019, 01:34:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Go to bed kids, Santa will come when he chooses.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on July 10, 2019, 01:40:11 pm by GazLaz »

He was operating at a much higher level with them though. He’s got to be given a chance to prove himself dropping back down the pyramid.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on July 10, 2019, 01:42:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If you'd asked me in December 2007, I'd have said the same about O'Driscoll.

Let's be honest, the average fan knows shite all about tactics.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on July 10, 2019, 01:43:39 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Thing is it might not even be Moore. :laugh:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on July 10, 2019, 02:39:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I’m talking about the odds fluctuating..

When the odds for each candidate are going in and out like the f**king hokey-cokey, hoe does that reflect the bookies being in the know.??

Simple. It doesn't. They don't need to be 'in the know' to make money out of people who think they are.

I agree to some extent but they were certainly in the know regarding McCann to Hull.
There wasn’t even a whisper and he was odds on

If somebody lumps a large bet on it it's more than whisper as far as the bookies are concerned, the odds are going to alter whether the bet turns out to be a winning one or not.

I know, but what I mean is only the people who know McCann or work for hull would’ve placed that bet, so by default those bets were by only people in the know.

False logic. Approx 80% of bets (in money) are losing bets. There's plenty of idiots out there.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on July 10, 2019, 02:48:06 pm by redarmy82 »

When the odds for each candidate are going in and out like the f**king hokey-cokey, hoe does that reflect the bookies being in the know.??

Simple. It doesn't. They don't need to be 'in the know' to make money out of people who think they are.

I agree to some extent but they were certainly in the know regarding McCann to Hull.

If somebody lumps a large bet on it it's more than whisper as far as the bookies are concerned, the odds are going to alter whether the bet turns out to be a winning one or not.

I know, but what I mean is only the people who know McCann or work for hull would’ve placed that bet, so by default those bets were by only people in the know.

False logic. Approx 80% of bets (in money) are losing bets. There's plenty of idiots out there.

You know nothing about how bookies make up their markets.

Yes, money bet has a large part to play, but if you think these companies aren't clued up and don't have contacts passing them information, then you're very misguided.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on July 10, 2019, 02:49:44 pm by dickos1 »
Exactly
But McCann was 8/13 at the bookies without him being mentioned anywhere.
So someone in the know put a bet on or the boooes found out themselves

It wasn’t a short price just because a load of chancers had randomly backed him

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on July 10, 2019, 02:51:57 pm by redarmy82 »
Exactly

Mccann wasn't even in the market to bet on, then within an hour he was odds on. It was clear Sky Bet found out what was happening and he was a dead cert for the job.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on July 10, 2019, 02:52:54 pm by IDM »
Ok so the question about Evans’ earlier odds remains, when he hadn’t been interested in the job.

Either the bookies made it up, or someone’s leak was incorrect..

Either way it’s not an exact science is it.?

BanksyDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on July 10, 2019, 02:55:28 pm by BanksyDRFC »
Exactly

Mccann wasn't even in the market to bet on, then within an hour he was odds on. It was clear Sky Bet found out what was happening and he was a dead cert for the job.

McCann was 33/1 on original sky bet odds remember someone winning a brilliant sum of cash last year when he was appointed

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on July 10, 2019, 02:55:34 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You know nothing about how bookies make up their markets.

Yes, money bet has a large part to play, but if you think these companies aren't clued up and don't have contacts passing them information, then you're very misguided.

I don't doubt it and I never said they didn't - but as you confirm yourself, money plays the large part. That's the bottom line, they're a business.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on July 10, 2019, 02:57:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Ok so the question about Evans’ earlier odds remains, when he hadn’t been interested in the job.

You've missed out the third explanation. An idiot bet enough money to make the bookies change their odds. Nothing to do with inside knowledge or potential leaks, money talks pure and simple.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on July 10, 2019, 03:12:58 pm by dickos1 »
Exactly

McCann was 33/1 on original sky bet odds remember someone winning a brilliant sum of cash last year when he was appointed

Were talking about McCann to hull though

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on July 10, 2019, 03:14:26 pm by dickos1 »

Of course there are occasions when someone has just lumped on or even just spoken about on social media.
But sometimes it’s because they know

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on July 10, 2019, 03:17:00 pm by IDM »
I get that, and there will be leaks - I’m not that naive to think otherwise.

But there have been so many names in and out of the odds this time that the knowledge is questionable at least..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012