Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 04:13:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Anthony Hudson  (Read 14953 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Anthony Hudson
« Reply #90 on July 10, 2019, 11:01:57 am by IDM »
If you think the bookies odds are solely based on money being bet then you're seriously mistaken.

I’m talking about the odds fluctuating..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 10, 2019, 11:03:27 am by jackthelad »
He won't get the job-I'm not concerned about him at all.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 10, 2019, 11:08:03 am by wing commander »
Darren Moore suddenly gone 1-6 on... Sounds like he's the man

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 10, 2019, 11:10:11 am by LincsRover »

Everything crossed but bookies not too reliable recently!! Good time for the odds to change now though, bound to be some sort of leakage by now?    :clapping: :rtid:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 10, 2019, 11:20:38 am by RoversAlias »
Even if it was Hudson, is he that much less experienced than Moore? Are his achievements less? Everyone wants Moore, and he's my preferred choice too, but it would still be something of a gamble. Most managerial appointments are. The club have clearly put in the legwork to get the right person in and we should trust them with that, it paid off last time.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 10, 2019, 11:24:26 am by IDM »
If you think the bookies odds are solely based on money being bet then you're seriously mistaken.

When the odds for each candidate are going in and out like the f**king hokey-cokey, hoe does that reflect the bookies being in the know.??

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 10, 2019, 11:26:15 am by Glyn_Wigley »

When the odds for each candidate are going in and out like the f**king hokey-cokey, hoe does that reflect the bookies being in the know.??

Simple. It doesn't. They don't need to be 'in the know' to make money out of people who think they are.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 10, 2019, 11:26:19 am by Copps is Magic »

Done deal.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 10, 2019, 11:30:05 am by wing commander »
1-10 now

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 10, 2019, 11:30:50 am by jackthelad »
1-10 now

Looking good... has there been a leak ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 10, 2019, 11:31:08 am by dickos1 »

Simple. It doesn't. They don't need to be 'in the know' to make money out of people who think they are.

I agree to some extent but they were certainly in the know regarding McCann to Hull.
There wasn’t even a whisper and he was odds on

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 10, 2019, 11:31:24 am by Fal »
Nailed on now, Hudson dropped to 8/1. Thank the lord!

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on July 10, 2019, 11:31:58 am by Move DRFC »
Moore 1/10... It's happening!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on July 10, 2019, 11:33:36 am by Glyn_Wigley »

I agree to some extent but they were certainly in the know regarding McCann to Hull.

If somebody lumps a large bet on it it's more than whisper as far as the bookies are concerned, the odds are going to alter whether the bet turns out to be a winning one or not.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 10, 2019, 11:35:24 am by dickos1 »

If somebody lumps a large bet on it it's more than whisper as far as the bookies are concerned, the odds are going to alter whether the bet turns out to be a winning one or not.

I know, but what I mean is only the people who know McCann or work for hull would’ve placed that bet, so by default those bets were by only people in the know.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 10, 2019, 11:41:33 am by Dare to dream! »
Moore new manager then. Very disappointing.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 10, 2019, 11:43:43 am by Copps is Magic »

They went for the BEAM candidate. How predictable, political correctness gone mad.

Next they'll be allowing women in the stadium.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on July 10, 2019, 11:44:30 am by dickos1 »
He might not be your first choice but to say it’s very disappointing is ridiculous

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on July 10, 2019, 11:48:50 am by ChrisBx »

Oh dear.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 10, 2019, 11:58:43 am by DonnyOsmond »
He's not my first choice aswell. Appleton is much better but I guess we'll see. Hopefully he's learnt from his time at West Brom.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on July 10, 2019, 12:03:32 pm by wing commander »
Now 1-20 surprised they haven't suspended betting...

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on July 10, 2019, 12:04:49 pm by rtid88 »
He's not my first choice aswell. Appleton is much better but I guess we'll see. Hopefully he's learnt from his time at West Brom.
Appleton is clearly a good coach but for me lacks certain qualities as a manager which for me Moore has...

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on July 10, 2019, 12:05:08 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »

So based on the CVs you read, the interviews you were privvy to and the references you took... Who would you have chosen? I can only assume you know more than the board?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on July 10, 2019, 12:06:16 pm by Campsall rover »
What? Are you serious. If it is Moore then it’s a brilliant appointment imo.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 10, 2019, 12:08:49 pm by ian1980 »

So based on the CVs you read, the interviews you were privvy to and the references you took... Who would you have chosen? I can only assume you know more than the board?

Exactly, as fans we can look at the historical stats but don’t really know all the contributing factors behind them. That and gut instinct is all we can go on.

The board have been through the CV’s, done back ground checks and interviewed them face to face so I’m quite happy to put my trust in their decision.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 10, 2019, 12:20:40 pm by SydneyRover »
''Darren Mark Moore (born 22 April 1974) is a professional football coach and former player, who was appointed manager of Doncaster Rovers FC on 10th July 2019 Born in England, he earned two international caps for Jamaica. Moore is also a member of the management committee of the Professional Footballers' Association. Well known for looking like a womble.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Moore

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 10, 2019, 12:21:32 pm by pib »
''Darren Mark Moore (born 22 April 1974) is a professional football coach and former player, who was appointed manager of Doncaster Rovers FC on 10th July 2019 Born in England, he earned two international caps for Jamaica. Moore is also a member of the management committee of the Professional Footballers' Association. Well known for looking like a womble.''

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Moore

Blimey, we didn't mess around getting rid of Flitcroft.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on July 10, 2019, 12:22:27 pm by Jonathan »
Astonishing to see anyone saying that they’d be “very disappointed” with Moore. A very promising young manager with an excellent grounding in coaching. In his short managerial career to date he has won Premier League manager of the month, Championship manager of the month, managed at the top of the Championship and has so much scope to learn and develop further. He has all the right values that the club is based upon, and a strong connection to our club and supporters. I’m celebrating this one. Pending confirmation it’s an absolutely superb appointment.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 10, 2019, 12:29:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
Moore was widely touted as one of the most promising young managers IN THE COUNTRY after he almost turned around West Brom relegation.

If appointed, to be clear, we will have appointed one of the most promising managers IN THE COUNTRY.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on July 10, 2019, 12:31:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Appleton is clearly a good coach but for me lacks certain qualities as a manager which for me Moore has...

West Brom fans told me Moore is tactically naïve. Brill.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012