Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 12:50:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who do you prefer?

Moore
114 (53.5%)
Appleton
55 (25.8%)
Flitcroft
5 (2.3%)
Hudson
8 (3.8%)
A. N. Other
31 (14.6%)

Total Members Voted: 213

Author Topic: Last minute manager poll  (Read 7319 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Last minute manager poll
« on July 08, 2019, 07:48:11 pm by Copps is Magic »
Four names now ''Understood to have been interviewed" by Liam Hoden confirmed as the 4 listed in this poll. 5th man/woman unknown.

Who do you prefer?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Last minute manager poll
« Reply #1 on July 08, 2019, 07:49:02 pm by Dare to dream! »
Moore will obviously come out on top.

Appleton for me.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 08, 2019, 07:51:38 pm by donny dave »
Is Kieth Hill the other option?
He would be my third choice behind Appleton and More.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 08, 2019, 07:55:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The best manager, Appleton.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 08, 2019, 08:03:53 pm by donny dave »
The best manager, Appleton.
I would not disagree with that

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2019, 08:09:32 pm by Scooter »
Please be Moore. Appleton doesn’t inspire me

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 08, 2019, 08:10:50 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Appleton ideally for me but if Moore gets it i will be happy enough too because it'll mean Appleton has not applied himself to research the job like GM did or that Moore simply was more thorough/impressive.

I trust our board to make a decision based on the reality of who interviews best and has the best track records (in context) rather than appeasing fans with a former favourite. Whoever gets it will get it on ability not former reputation which is how it should be.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 08, 2019, 08:12:13 pm by RoversAlias »
You've listed them on the poll in the order I'd want them, at this point. Would get behind any of them and can see merits in them all but there is far more upside in Moore or Appleton than Flitcroft and Hudson, for me.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 08, 2019, 08:17:52 pm by Jonathan »
You've listed them on the poll in the order I'd want them, at this point. Would get behind any of them and can see merits in them all but there is far more upside in Moore or Appleton than Flitcroft and Hudson, for me.

I’d put A. N. Other ahead of Hudson. Otherwise I agree.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 08, 2019, 08:24:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Please be Moore. Appleton doesn’t inspire me

One the fans of his last club still speak highly of and he's left a legacy there, the other the fans weren't fussed when he left. Oddly the latter is the one one that inspires you...

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 08, 2019, 08:28:22 pm by LincsRover »
In this order :
Moore - potential and slight risk but I think he has attributes to be a very good manager, has rovers history so might not just do a GM and I like the fact he seems to be inspirational
Appleton - has better coaching credentials but has been around a bit and not always successful - and not very inspirational imho

That’s it really.... no’s to the rest

And, by the way, I was wrong about GM so know f*ck all, but like to give my opinion!  :rtid:

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 08, 2019, 09:19:27 pm by Copps is Magic »
Seems a two horse race as far as the fans are concerned...

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 08, 2019, 09:22:08 pm by Dare to dream! »

Imagine the uproar if it’s neither of them...

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 08, 2019, 09:23:19 pm by since-1969 »
Since when have any of us got it correct !

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 08, 2019, 09:27:10 pm by Rovers91 »
I would be happy with Moore or Appleton.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 08, 2019, 09:41:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, tend to agree that either of them, if successful, will have put a good case forward. Both have good coaching credentials.

Appleton by all accounts was close before and on face value, may tip the balance based on his previous experience.

I think Darren Moore would be more of a risk. Being thrust into a caretaker role WBA is a whole lot different to being the head honcho at a smaller club with a smaller backroom team.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 08, 2019, 09:43:56 pm by Dare to dream! »
Wonder if Appleton still being employed may cause some complications?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 08, 2019, 09:50:15 pm by Alan Southstand »
Had a good chat with a former colleague today, who happens to be a baggies fan and he said we'd be delighted with Moore. Tried to play football the right way in his time as manager there, but was limited by the other people's player choices. He reckons he is an inspirational guy and very likeable.

What's not to like, eh?

Surely, we don't need this pantomime, when it's already been reported that we have sought extensive help and guidance from people within football.

Let's just hope, for all our sakes, that common sense will prevail. Yes DM's my preferred choice, but equally, there are some names that I wouldn't have anywhere near the manager's seat and they wouldn't have been on any short list of mine. That is the most concerning thing about this whole (supposedly streamlined) process.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 08, 2019, 09:50:45 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

I think in football a lot of the time they look after each other because you don't want to burn bridges etc so i'd expect Rodgers to let him leave for chance of managing club outright. They must know thats his ambition and he may have a clause in his contract to that effect as well.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 08, 2019, 09:54:18 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Had a good chat with a former colleague today, who happens to be a baggies fan and he said we'd be delighted with Moore. Tried to play football the right way in his time as manager there, but was limited by the other people's player choices. He reckons he is an inspirational guy and very likeable.

What's not to like, eh?

Surely, we don't need this pantomime, when it's already been reported that we have sought extensive help and guidance from people within football.

Let's just hope, for all our sakes, that common sense will prevail. Yes DM's my preferred choice, but equally, there are some names that I wouldn't have anywhere near the manager's seat and they wouldn't have been on any short list of mine. That is the most concerning thing about this whole (supposedly streamlined) process.

Agree theres a few you'd just never consider so seems a waste of time but if they've a full day to dedicate to it may as well fill it...

I kind of think a few like Hudson ect are just wildcards who there's nothing to lose from interviewing but a combination of the others asking too much/interviewing terribly and him playing a blinder would be needed for the job to go that way

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 08, 2019, 09:55:46 pm by pib »

I think in football a lot of the time they look after each other because you don't want to burn bridges etc so i'd expect Rodgers to let him leave for chance of managing club outright. They must know thats his ambition and he may have a clause in his contract to that effect as well.

I could be wrong but I'm not sure if he is. I know he was brought in to assist James Shan until the end of the season, but not sure what the state of play is now Slaven Bilic has arrived.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 08, 2019, 09:57:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
Seawards, Hudson's win ratio alone means he shouldn't even be interviewed.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 08, 2019, 10:03:10 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Seawards, Hudson's win ratio alone means he shouldn't even be interviewed.

Agreed i wouldn't interview him.

Just looked up Appleton i thought he was still at Leicester did't realise he went back to west brom. Wikipedia still says he's employed their at least. If Bilic wants to bring his own guys in they may let him go free to save paying compo themselves

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 08, 2019, 10:05:54 pm by drfchound »

What's not to like, eh?

Perhaps the list of applicants wasn’t too inspiring after all and Hudson could have been the fifth best of a bad bunch.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 08, 2019, 10:26:09 pm by Draytonian III »
Gary Megson , he’s the man we should have ,more experience in management than the rest of them and I dare say his statistics would be up there as well

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 08, 2019, 10:55:38 pm by bpoolrover »
If sod had not managed us and you looked at his record since us at a guess it woukd
Not be that impressive, a lot of football you need abit of luck players being available at right time the team bonding, when all said and done it’s the players on the pitch that get the results

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 08, 2019, 11:07:23 pm by Jersey Rover »
Just a feeling, but the A N Other might be a complete wide ball. GB in La Manga, The interviews not at the Keepmoat. Maybe me overthinking it, but all seems a bit cloak and dagger. Never boring being a Rovers fan. Waitbing in anticipation

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 08, 2019, 11:08:58 pm by Dare to dream! »
Just a feeling, but the A N Other might be a complete wide ball. GB in La Manga, The interviews not at the Keepmoat. Maybe me overthinking it, but all seems a bit cloak and dagger. Never boring being a Rovers fan. Waitbing in anticipation

There is still one candiate yet to be confirmed so maybe.

Hopefully we find out tomorrow

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 08, 2019, 11:30:18 pm by VivaRovers »
Is Kieth Hill the other option?

No he isn't.

I'd be happiest with Moore, followed by the unnamed candidate, then Appleton.

Not keen on Flitcroft personally, and frankly don't known enough about Hudson.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 09, 2019, 06:53:00 am by Chris Black come back »
Both Moore and Flitcroft are ex-Dingle. So was McCann and we all know what happened there. Need to make sure during any interview process that it is clear they have shed their Dingling ways. Maybe something like the scene out of Clockwork Orange where the main guy has his eyes pinned open and made to watch horrific films. Can’t risk bringing Dingle ways into our club. Before we know it we will all be eating tripe and putting bets on for our Jud.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012