Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 02:58:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: My hope for Tomorrow  (Read 4975 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
My hope for Tomorrow
« on July 09, 2019, 09:07:56 am by wing commander »
    Everybody has had their say on who they want as the next manager.Maybe today,hopefully tomorrow we will know.There has been a lot of debate on each of the candidates interviewing yesterday and one thing is clear, opinion is split..Most want Moore,some want Appleton,hardly anybody wants Flitcroft and frankly nobody has a clue who Hudson is...

However one things for sure not everybody is going to be happy whoever they appoint.Thing is as fans all we know about any of them is the media interviews they have given,there win ratio's etc etc and that's about it..

The board have done days of background checks into them all,what they have had to work with and countless other criteria they have been examining.When they appointed GM last time nobody was jumping for joy,everybody wanted McCall..Turns out GM came into the interview after analysing everything he could about the club/squad and had a plan whilst McCall expected to get the job on his name alone.GM had a great season,SM got the sack at Scunny..

So whoever the club appoint,they will have done so because they were the best man for the job,had put the most effort in and convinced them that he will succeed..

It probably wont be the one you want,but whoever it is out of any of them, as fans I hope we can draw a line under it and give the man our support, as the season starts the moment he signs on the line..

So for me the biggest hope for tomorrow is not who they appoint,everybodys a gamble but that we can all move on from the old manager,lost players disappointment and start to look forward to seeing a new team,a new manager with a lot more positivity than weve had so far this close season..
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:13:28 am by wing commander »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
Re: My hope for Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on July 09, 2019, 09:11:34 am by ChrisBx »
Completely agree. The board and their process for recruiting managers has earned our patience.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 09, 2019, 09:12:08 am by DearneValleyRover »
Great post and exactly right.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 09, 2019, 09:13:05 am by phil old leake »
Here here

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on July 09, 2019, 09:37:04 am by idler »
    Everybody has had their say on who they want as the next manager.Maybe today,hopefully tomorrow we will know.There has been a lot of debate on each of the candidates interviewing yesterday and one thing is clear, opinion is split..Most want Moore,some want Appleton,hardly anybody wants Flitcroft and frankly nobody has a clue who Hudson is...

However one things for sure not everybody is going to be happy whoever they appoint.Thing is as fans all we know about any of them is the media interviews they have given,there win ratio's etc etc and that's about it..

The board have done days of background checks into them all,what they have had to work with and countless other criteria they have been examining.When they appointed GM last time nobody was jumping for joy,everybody wanted McCall..Turns out GM came into the interview after analysing everything he could about the club/squad and had a plan whilst McCall expected to get the job on his name alone.GM had a great season,SM got the sack at Scunny..

So whoever the club appoint,they will have done so because they were the best man for the job,had put the most effort in and convinced them that he will succeed..

It probably wont be the one you want,but whoever it is out of any of them, as fans I hope we can draw a line under it and give the man our support, as the season starts the moment he signs on the line..

So for me the biggest hope for tomorrow is not who they appoint,everybodys a gamble but that we can all move on from the old manager,lost players disappointment and start to look forward to seeing a new team,a new manager with a lot more positivity than weve had so far this close season..
Spot on. I think that any sensible fan of the club will feel the same.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 09, 2019, 09:51:52 am by roversdude »
One of the best posts on this subject

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 09, 2019, 09:59:50 am by since-1969 »
We are a steppingstone club and this could well
Be an annual event . RTiD

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 09, 2019, 10:22:20 am by ridgewoodrover »
Wouldn’t want it to be a annual event, but at least it would have been a successful season  :saywhat:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 09, 2019, 10:22:59 am by RobTheRover »
We are a steppingstone club and this could well
Be an annual event . RTiD

Show me the evidence to prove that please.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 09, 2019, 10:25:24 am by the vicar »
I agree with all the above even the last but one post
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:30:45 am by the vicar »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 09, 2019, 10:27:11 am by IDM »
We were only a stepping stone for GM, not for Fergie, Dickov, SOD etc..  you could argue Saunders but who is he managing now.?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:31:18 am by IDM »

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 09, 2019, 10:27:33 am by swifty50 »
We all have to back the new manager who ever it may be

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 09, 2019, 10:37:25 am by the vicar »
We all have to back the new manager who ever it may be
hear hear
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:45:30 am by the vicar »

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 09, 2019, 10:40:26 am by godlike1 »
Given the state GM has left us in player and manager wise, what are peoples expectations this season no matter who they bring in

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 09, 2019, 10:40:51 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Here here

I’ll go for “hear hear”! 😀

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 09, 2019, 10:47:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
The question is would the board have appointed McCann knowing what they know now about his loyalty, and with that in mind, I wonder if the interviewers are putting more empaphis on assessing applicant's loyalty this time?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 09, 2019, 10:48:08 am by the vicar »
So who are you the literature police is so look at every post on here then pick on mine thank you

Daisy

« Reply #17 on July 09, 2019, 10:51:18 am by Daisy »

Cracking post, totally agree with everything you say.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 09, 2019, 10:52:18 am by Wiltshire Exile »
So who are you the literature police is so look at every post on here then pick on mine thank you

I was having a laugh, vicar, for crying out loud! Look at the emoji.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 09, 2019, 10:53:45 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Brilliant post. Who evers in the dugout first game of the season will get my backing.

Follow the badge on the chest, not the fella in the attire.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 09, 2019, 10:55:38 am by Wiltshire Exile »

Best post that I’ve read in ages. Weill done, sir! 👍

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 09, 2019, 11:02:00 am by the vicar »

OK mate I apologise to you

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 09, 2019, 11:13:09 am by Wiltshire Exile »

No worries, vicar! Many thanks! 👍

SouthStandFan

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 09, 2019, 11:38:19 am by SouthStandFan »
It's like waiting for Xmas!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 09, 2019, 11:40:32 am by redarmy82 »
Liam Hodens on Twitter doesn't think they'll be an announcement today, reckons it'll be later in the week.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 09, 2019, 11:43:32 am by drfchound »

No worries, vicar! Many thanks! 👍

I think I remember us having the “here here” or “hear hear” debate last season.
There is a case for either version.

Anyway, roll on the announcement and let’s get cracking.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:16:30 pm by drfchound »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 09, 2019, 11:46:58 am by since-1969 »
Wouldn’t want it to be a annual event, but at least it would have been a successful season  :saywhat:
Here’s hoping

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 09, 2019, 11:55:04 am by Wild Rover »
'eah 'eah as we Yorkshire folk say.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 09, 2019, 12:34:15 pm by Spud »
Great OP & totally agree, although someone tell me Fatty Evan's is out of the equation, he's the only one I'd struggle with.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 09, 2019, 12:37:00 pm by the vicar »
It's like waiting for Xmas!
it is purgatory waiting like being in a dentist waiting room

TinyPortal © 2005-2012