Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 02:52:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 36018 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #241 on July 23, 2019, 03:07:49 pm by redarmy82 »
Well, a little more than 10 days before the first game, and still no sign of anyone coming in.

As I've said, IMO our starting 11 is average at best, with absolutely no squad depth should anyone get injured.

I can't make the meeting tonight, however if I could, I'd be asking how many players Moore believes he needs to add to have a competitive league one squad. IMO has to be a minimum of 5 more maybe more.

The board stated its their aim to finish top 2 this season. That just sounds laughable at the moment, there's no evidence anywhere that suggests we are capable of this.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #242 on July 23, 2019, 03:08:37 pm by scawsby steve »
11 days and counting.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #243 on July 23, 2019, 03:13:20 pm by IDM »
Well, a little more than 10 days before the first game, and still no sign of anyone coming in.

As I've said, IMO our starting 11 is average at best, with absolutely no squad depth should anyone get injured.

I can't make the meeting tonight, however if I could, I'd be asking how many players Moore believes he needs to add to have a competitive league one squad. IMO has to be a minimum of 5 more maybe more.

The board stated its their aim to finish top 2 this season. That just sounds laughable at the moment, there's no evidence anywhere that suggests we are capable of this.

Did you read GB on the DFP website yesterday.?

I assume you didn’t but basically GB is saying funds are available to support the new manager..

Try to have a little patience, the transfer window is open until September..

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on July 23, 2019, 03:18:41 pm by redarmy82 »

I assume you didn’t but basically GB is saying funds are available to support the new manager..

The season starts before then though doesn it? I guess we can afford to piss away the first month, then expect any new singings to immediately gel.

Fund are there. How much? Enough to sign top two calibre players, as per the stated aim?

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #245 on July 23, 2019, 03:20:38 pm by scunny rover »
Let the mad post begin again !!!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on July 23, 2019, 03:20:58 pm by IDM »
The season starts on 3 August, not tomorrow..

The amount of funds isn’t quoted but why should it be.. can’t you have some faith in the club and manager.?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on July 23, 2019, 03:21:40 pm by redarmy82 »

Mad because its a differing opinion to those who lick the collective arses of everyone at the club?

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #248 on July 23, 2019, 03:22:03 pm by scunny rover »
Well said idm

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #249 on July 23, 2019, 03:22:22 pm by Filo »

We have 6 league games before September, we don’t want to beplaying catch up

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on July 23, 2019, 03:22:58 pm by scawsby steve »

That's right IDM, but the season starts in 11 days time, and we need to hit the ground running. Don't forget it takes time for players to gel.

We really need to get some players in.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on July 23, 2019, 03:24:00 pm by scunny rover »
No I've nothing to do with the club and don't lick arses ,

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on July 23, 2019, 03:25:06 pm by redarmy82 »
I genuinely think some people would be happy if we just stuck with the players we've got.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #253 on July 23, 2019, 03:26:08 pm by silent majority »

Mad because its a differing opinion to those who lick the collective arses of everyone at the club?

It's not about licking arses, a crude description if there ever was one, its about supporting the club, that's why we're called supporters.

As for criticising the club, I probably do it more than anybody does, but there's a difference between dishing the dirt on any old social media platform and actually being constructive with your intentions. I know which I prefer.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #254 on July 23, 2019, 03:28:30 pm by IDM »

I would expect some players to arrive before the season starts, just like most fans do.

Then maybe a couple more before the window ends.

We may be a little short for the start of the season but isn’t it better to get the right players, rather than any players.??

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #255 on July 23, 2019, 03:31:02 pm by redarmy82 »

I would expect some players to arrive before the season starts, just like most fans do.

We may be a little short for the start of the season but isn’t it better to get the right players, rather than any players.??

And what if we can't find the right players?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on July 23, 2019, 03:38:14 pm by DearneValleyRover »

And what if we can't find the right players?

Who’s to say that those who have made their signings early have got it right? Two to three more additions before the start of the season in the right areas should be more than enough for the start of the season and then two to three more before the end of the window. If we haven’t signed anyone by a week on Thursday then I will start to worry.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #257 on July 23, 2019, 03:39:47 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

The season starts before then though doesn it? I guess we can afford to piss away the first month, then expect any new singings to immediately gel.

Fund are there. How much? Enough to sign top two calibre players, as per the stated aim?

I'm sure someone can arrange for your post to be read out tonight in your absence.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on July 23, 2019, 03:40:22 pm by Filo »

I think we’ve wasted valuable time, Gavin said himself there was a wow factor when Moore applied but we still went through a three week process to appoint him 3 weeks wasted. Running up to Moore’s appointment we were told we had a whole raft of signings ready to go, then it comes out the Moore needs time to assess the squad, understandable but you’d think he would have been doing some reasearch during that three week process. And here we are 2 weeks after his appointment, no nearer a full squad and less than 2 weeks to go, 5 weeks wasted, is it any wonder that supporters are starting to get a little worried?

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #259 on July 23, 2019, 03:46:40 pm by scunny rover »
I'm not worried (just yet),yes we're a few short but let's just see what happens,this is the first season in a few that I've been genuinely excited and can't wait to start.
You can shoot me down after 10 games if needed

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #260 on July 23, 2019, 03:47:02 pm by RoversAlias »
That feel-good factor surrounding Moore's appointment lasted all of about two days, didn't it? Too many seemingly are not happy unless they are unhappy.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on July 23, 2019, 03:48:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I think we’ve wasted valuable time, Gavin said himself there was a wow factor when Moore applied but we still went through a three week process to appoint him 3 weeks wasted. Running up to Moore’s appointment we were told we had a whole raft of signings ready to go, then it comes out the Moore needs time to assess the squad, understandable but you’d think he would have been doing some reasearch during that three week process. And here we are 2 weeks after his appointment, no nearer a full squad and less than 2 weeks to go, 5 weeks wasted, is it any wonder that supporters are starting to get a little worried?

There's trust that DM is working hard behind the scenes, there's concern that we need a couple of key players in before the season starts, then there's panic from a minority and from an even smaller minority there complete senseless childlike tantrums including the usual board bashing!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on July 23, 2019, 03:51:36 pm by Filo »

There's trust that DM is working hard behind the scenes, there's concern that we need a couple of key players in before the season starts, then there's panic from a minority and from an even smaller minority there complete senseless childlike tantrums including the usual board bashing!

I’d like to think that you have me in the concerned that we need a couple of key players in bracket, and not your last bracket 😀

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on July 23, 2019, 03:53:36 pm by IDM »
Me too, Filo..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on July 23, 2019, 04:06:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Common sense tells you it's a waste of time hanging on every word that's spoken or printed. All we can do is turn up to the first game and judge what you see. I don't particularly care where players come from, how much they cost in terms of fees and wages, whether they are loans or permanent. The proof of the pudding is whether they can play football, understand what the manager wants them to do to get results. If they can show that, play reasonably entertaining football and score goals then that'll do for me.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #265 on July 23, 2019, 04:07:01 pm by redarmy82 »

We need more than a couple.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on July 23, 2019, 04:18:24 pm by dickos1 »
It depends
If we sign two players who will walk straight into our side and dramatically improve it like Wilks and Kane did, then we can bolster the squad with others.
The starting 11 is only missing a Kane and a Wilks in my opinion, and then we just need to improve the quality of the squad

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on July 23, 2019, 04:30:33 pm by Alan Southstand »
A Kane, a Wilks and an experienced cb to start with. The rest can follow.

But an assistant manager is still also required!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 06:37:46 pm by Alan Southstand »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #268 on July 23, 2019, 04:32:01 pm by Filo »
A Kane, a Wilks and an experienced can to start with. The rest can follow.

But an assistant manager is still also required!

Who was identified last week, and still we await

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on July 23, 2019, 04:34:05 pm by IDM »
These things take time.. that was said too

TinyPortal © 2005-2012