Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 03:59:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35937 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #90 on July 20, 2019, 08:55:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-darren-moore-provides-transfer-update-following-grimsby-defeat-485635

This is the report DM is talking adding 1 or 2 to the attacking end of the pitch if the right players become available the cutting edge is not good enough. So at the moment we are not looking for a CH it appears. Not giving a year equivalent contract to AB becomes more criminal by GM his judgement was wrong.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:06:07 pm by steve@dcfd »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on July 20, 2019, 09:07:55 pm by Dutch Uncle »
One possible interpretation of that article is that the aim is to have those attacking players in before the opening game (immediate) and then midfield and defence reinforcements hopefully before the end of the window (2 September)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 20, 2019, 09:13:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
One possible interpretation of that article is that the aim is to have those attacking players in before the opening game (immediate) and then midfield and defence reinforcements hopefully before the end of the window (2 September)

That’s why said at the moment we are not looking for a CH. Let’s hope it does change when circumstances change.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 20, 2019, 09:13:41 pm by IDM »
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-darren-moore-provides-transfer-update-following-grimsby-defeat-485635

This is the report DM is talking adding 1 or 2 to the attacking end of the pitch if the right players become available the cutting edge is not good enough. So at the moment we are not looking for a CH it appears. Not giving a year equivalent contract to AB becomes more criminal by GM his judgement was wrong.

Sorry that deduction doesn’t make sense..

Sure, the focus of the report is adding one or two attacking  players, but nowhere does it say we are not looking at more defenders etc.. just because it doesn’t say we are, doesn’t mean we are not.

Also, regardless of who the players are, we have let go is it 8 players including all the loanees, and signed 4 plus two of our loanees returning.. so two players coming in balances the numbers.?

IMHO we need one more centre half and a pacy attacker as a minimum..

More if any other players leave:.

Ideally we would bring in another 4 as I would like to see two new centre halves, a utility midfielder and a pacy forward..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 20, 2019, 09:25:54 pm by steve@dcfd »
IDM Darren said
Darren Moore admitted afterwards that his side lacked a cutting edge and, after spending the first ten days in the job assessing his squad, is now likely to press ahead with plans to add to his attacking options.

“We could do with one or two more bodies in there to bolster it a little bit more,” said Moore.

So it’s players at the top end of the pitch in the three behind a striker.

The point I made about AB if we had kept him for another year we wouldn’t have look for another CH, at this moment.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on July 20, 2019, 09:27:15 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure you can count two returning loan players as a comparison to the players we’ve lost.
With the funds we keep being told we have them we shouldn’t be offering players like will Atkinson short term deals, that just reeks of cutting your cloth.
We’re currently saving wages on
Marosi
Andrew
Mason
Rowe
Mandevile
Lund
Butler
Plus whatever we were paying for Kane, Wilks and downing.
We’ve now signed a young midfielder and two full backs, so we should have a hefty amount of funds available to re-build our squad.
We were told we had a number of exciting signings lined up yet we’re now considering offering will Atkinson a short term deal?

Doesn’t add up

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 20, 2019, 09:30:21 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Maybe ‘short term deal’ means to the end of the window, and is insurance against injuries to defenders while we take all of the window to get the right ones in permanently?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on July 20, 2019, 09:31:22 pm by IDM »
IDM Darren said
Darren Moore admitted afterwards that his side lacked a cutting edge and, after spending the first ten days in the job assessing his squad, is now likely to press ahead with plans to add to his attacking options.

“We could do with one or two more bodies in there to bolster it a little bit more,” said Moore.

The point I made about AB if we had kept him for another year we wouldn’t have look for another CH, at this moment.

Yes, I read it too, but omitting to mention a need to bring in defenders/midfielders doesn’t mean we are not looking..

I interpret that report as looking at attacking options only..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on July 20, 2019, 09:32:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
And there is still no assistant manager. What the hell is going on?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on July 20, 2019, 09:34:49 pm by IDM »
Not sure you can count two returning loan players as a comparison to the players we’ve lost.
With the funds we keep being told we have them we shouldn’t be offering players like will Atkinson short term deals, that just reeks of cutting your cloth.
Marosi
Andrew
Mason
Rowe
Mandevile
Lund
Butler
We’ve now signed a young midfielder and two full backs, so we should have a hefty amount of funds available to re-build our squad.
We were told we had a number of exciting signings lined up yet we’re now considering offering will Atkinson a short term deal?

Doesn’t add up

Why don’t we wait and see what happens with signings and how the team subsequently performs.?

Let me make it explicitly clear that that doesn’t mean I believe we have sufficient players yet, as I think we don’t, but it’s a bit daft to pull to shreds every statement the club makes to say “you said this but then didn’t do it”..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on July 20, 2019, 09:36:25 pm by IDM »
And there is still no assistant manager. What the hell is going on?

How many days ago was it thenapprahnwas made.?

Why should anything be “going on”..?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on July 20, 2019, 09:37:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
IDM Darren said

Yes, I read it too, but omitting to mention a need to bring in defenders/midfielders doesn’t mean we are not looking..

I interpret that report as looking at attacking options only..

But I did say at the moment we are not looking for a CH.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 20, 2019, 09:39:16 pm by IDM »
And I don’t necessarily agree..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on July 20, 2019, 09:44:10 pm by steve@dcfd »
And I don’t necessarily agree..
Your choice.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on July 20, 2019, 09:45:08 pm by dickos1 »
Marosi
Andrew
Mason
Rowe
Mandevile
Lund
Butler

Doesn’t add up

Why don’t we wait and see what happens with signings and how the team subsequently performs.?

Let me make it explicitly clear that that doesn’t mean I believe we have sufficient players yet, as I think we don’t, but it’s a bit daft to pull to shreds every statement the club makes to say “you said this but then didn’t do it”..

I’m not pulling apart statements the club have made, but they explicitly said we had a list of players ready to sign. I agreed that when Moore was appointed he should be the person to decide upon these players.
But we’ve signed one player on loan and now he’s saying if we can find available players we will do our best to sign them.
Gavin said last week we could still sign Middleton, we’re lacking at the top end of the pitch so players like him would be just what we need.

If we do only sign one or two players then we’re only a couple of injuries away from a very poor starting 11

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on July 20, 2019, 09:49:03 pm by Filo »
It’s all getting a bit worrying, bodies need to come in sharpish, atthe moment we look like weare going to struggle

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on July 20, 2019, 10:21:49 pm by drfchound »
Just read Moores latest interview in the free press from today about transfers. He says he hopes to add 1 or 2 new players to the squad to help it, but only if the right players become available... Darren we need much more than 1 or 2. We are facing a season around mid table if he thinks that’s all we need.

It then says we are looking at offering Will Atkinson a short term contract. This is a lad who couldn’t get in the starting 11 at Mansfield last season.

“If the right players become available”.

So much for having a queue of players waiting to sign for us.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on July 20, 2019, 10:24:57 pm by since-1969 »
It’s all getting a bit worrying, bodies need to come in sharpish, atthe moment we look like weare going to struggle
McCann's departure has upset the transfer plans  . DM is been given respect of over seeing the plans and it’s taking  longer than it should . Players who may have been approached will look elsewhere now if Rovers haven’t followed up in good time. Rovers are not famed for  buying  over priced players in rash hurry , so it’s loans and or out of contract players .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 10:29:05 pm by since-1969 »

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on July 20, 2019, 10:26:03 pm by Spilsby Red »
Doesn’t take long does it. Let’s just wait and see and support the team/club

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 20, 2019, 10:31:18 pm by Metalmicky »
Doesn’t take long does it. Let’s just wait and see and support the team/club

I agree - grown men continually wetting themselves about anything they perceive as negative.  Get a grip and wait...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on July 20, 2019, 10:39:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some of you take things too literally and if things don't happen immediately you infer that you've been misled. It's like you can't wait to jump on the clubs back.

'One or Two' is a phrase and could easily mean 2 or 3 in his mind. The good news is he's recognised the same as we have where we need to strengthen. He's already on the case. It's likely that there maybe 'one or two' players that he's yet to be convinced by but wants to give them every chance.

I'm sorry but no manager is going to give you specific details of likely incoming or outgoings.

None of us are in a position at the moment to criticise as we have no clue what's going on behind the scenes. We can only be patient and judge on what we see on the pitch when the season starts.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on July 20, 2019, 10:40:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Same shit again. McCann leaves. Disaster. Club will never get anyone decent in if we only look at out of work managers. Club going to dogs. Would have been better if Richardson was still in charge, etc. Manager been in job just over a week and he hasn’t signed a load of new players. Disaster. We have no chance. Give it up and just accept relegation now.

Jesus wept.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on July 20, 2019, 10:42:10 pm by Retdon1 »
Some of you take things too literally and if things don't happen immediately you infer that you've been misled. It's like you can't wait to jump on the clubs back.

'One or Two' is a phrase and could easily mean 2 or 3 in his mind. The good news is he's recognised the same as we have where we need to strengthen. He's already on the case. It's likely that there maybe 'one or two' players that he's yet to be convinced by but wants to give them every chance.

I'm sorry but no manager is going to give you specific details of likely incoming or outgoings.

None of us are in a position at the moment to criticise as we have no clue what's going on behind the scenes. We can only be patient and judge on what we see on the pitch when the season starts.

Well Idd be seriously worried if he’d not realised we needed to strengthen in attacking areas 😆... in all seriousness I’ve just read the last few remaining Bolton players are about to walk out. Oztumer would be a good player to sign for that 10 role behind the striker

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on July 20, 2019, 10:44:39 pm by RedJ »
Thing is he's hardly gonna go to the press "oh b*llocks I need a f**k ton of new players stat or we are totally f**ked" is he? if he makes us look desperate it's just gonna push up players' demands if they think we're in the shit without them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 20, 2019, 10:45:31 pm by drfchound »

Well Idd be seriously worried if he’d not realised we needed to strengthen in attacking areas 😆... in all seriousness I’ve just read the last few remaining Bolton players are about to walk out. Oztumer would be a good player to sign for that 10 role behind the striker

Maybe we are in talks with him.

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 20, 2019, 10:52:03 pm by Darren »
Thing is he's hardly gonna go to the press "oh b*llocks I need a f**k ton of new players stat or we are totally f**ked" is he? if he makes us look desperate it's just gonna push up players' demands if they think we're in the shit without them.
Spot on mate.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 20, 2019, 11:23:48 pm by Retdon1 »

Maybe we are in talks with him.

Hopefully, very good player at league 1 level

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on July 20, 2019, 11:51:02 pm by RoversAlias »
Tin foil hats at the ready, lads...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on July 21, 2019, 12:10:43 am by GazLaz »

He’s got loads of ability. He makes May look like Mark Sale though!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on July 21, 2019, 07:59:47 am by silent majority »
Some people are panicking for no reason whatsoever. And interpreting what DM says to prove their stand point and/or their negative position is sadly immature.

As I've posted earlier DM wanted a good look at what he has before entertaining the options already identified or those on his list. Thats currently happening. Wait and see.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012