Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 12:07:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 36099 times)

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #180 on July 22, 2019, 05:32:49 pm by Michael Gibson »
Sm, you both stated it, you stated it on here!! Told everyone not to panic lol..come on mate..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on July 22, 2019, 05:44:31 pm by DearneValleyRover »
No, neither of them stated that and there isn’t any need to panic

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on July 22, 2019, 05:54:06 pm by MachoMadness »
I believe what SM said was that he'd be surprised if the new manager would turn down the chance at these signings. No more or less than that - if DM thinks he can do better, then thars fair enough isn't it? I agree we need a fair few quality additions and I'm shocked he didn't go for Middleton but DM knows far better than me or any of us plebs on here what this team needs.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on July 22, 2019, 05:55:34 pm by roversdude »
I’m sure we have got a decent budget, however if you’re buying a car you don’t walk into the forecourt and announce ‘mr salesman I’ve a great big wad I want to spend on a car’

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on July 22, 2019, 06:00:56 pm by Retdon1 »
If we only needed 1 maybe 2 players then there is little pressure on us to get them signed up immediately. It’s the fact that we still need 4 or 5 good quality additions that is getting everyone worried. The season starts in 12 days and there is currently no sign of anyone coming in, in the near future.

That's your opinion but you cannot state as fact we need 4 or 5 quality additions. Most will concur we will need at least two to get us up and running, then we have another month before the window closes to assess things.

That period could also allow for whether we lose JM or not.

Course I can state that. We haven’t replaced Maorsi, Butler, Downing, Kane or Wilkes, and still need a alternative up top to marquis. 4 of those 5 mentioned most would agree were top quality players. So are you suggesting we don’t need top quality players to replace them. If you are then I hope your happy with a season with where a mid table finish is considered as success

You are not Darren Moore.

You cannot say as fact we need to replace Morosi.
You cannot say as fact we need an alternative to JM.. What was the alternative last season?
You cannot say as fact that Ben Sheaf will not be as effective as Kane in midfield. We may not need a clone of Herbie if the sum of the parts across midfield work effectively.

Only Darren Moore can make those assessments.

The alternative to Marquis last season was Wilkes, Tyler Smith and May, 2 of those proved to be not good enough. I was classing Sheaf as a replacement for Rowe. It’s obvious to most fans except it seems You, that we are 4-5 good players short at the minute from have another tilt at the play offs.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on July 22, 2019, 06:13:17 pm by sha66y »
Darren,Darren, Darren!
You have seriously got to read this forum, I mean seriously !!
We have pundits, and pessimists and philosophers aplenty,
we have know-alls and know-nots and fence sitters too
We need 3 more, no 6 more, so many more my heads sore!
We got spenders and spendthrifts and banks of cash too....

Yet the only thing we don’t have is a god given clue?

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on July 22, 2019, 06:31:20 pm by eastender »

Don’t forget Moore is shopping in a different market now as well.

Your right he used to shop at Marks and Spencers , now he's at Ldll.

If he waits any longer he'll be doing his shopping at a Food Bank .   :lol:

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on July 22, 2019, 06:36:18 pm by Michael Gibson »
Everyone has there own opinion and yes it’s completely divided with the fans, but when the board say things and it doesn’t happen well what’s happening??? A classic example of bad management.... we received Darren’s cv and knew straight away he was the man for us!! So why wait 2 week for the inevitable and let 2 weeks of precious pre season planning go down the pan?? I’m sorry I just don’t understand that one.. I appreciate the board do a sterling job with the community etc but as for the real business they haven’t a clue whatsoever and a although personally I’ve never been an admirer of a footballing director I seriously think we might need to go that way.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on July 22, 2019, 06:40:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If we only needed 1 maybe 2 players then there is little pressure on us to get them signed up immediately. It’s the fact that we still need 4 or 5 good quality additions that is getting everyone worried. The season starts in 12 days and there is currently no sign of anyone coming in, in the near future.

That's your opinion but you cannot state as fact we need 4 or 5 quality additions. Most will concur we will need at least two to get us up and running, then we have another month before the window closes to assess things.

That period could also allow for whether we lose JM or not.

Course I can state that. We haven’t replaced Maorsi, Butler, Downing, Kane or Wilkes, and still need a alternative up top to marquis. 4 of those 5 mentioned most would agree were top quality players. So are you suggesting we don’t need top quality players to replace them. If you are then I hope your happy with a season with where a mid table finish is considered as success

You are not Darren Moore.

You cannot say as fact we need to replace Morosi.
You cannot say as fact we need an alternative to JM.. What was the alternative last season?
You cannot say as fact that Ben Sheaf will not be as effective as Kane in midfield. We may not need a clone of Herbie if the sum of the parts across midfield work effectively.

Only Darren Moore can make those assessments.

The alternative to Marquis last season was Wilkes, Tyler Smith and May, 2 of those proved to be not good enough. I was classing Sheaf as a replacement for Rowe. It’s obvious to most fans except it seems You, that we are 4-5 good players short at the minute from have another tilt at the play offs.

But that's about opinion not fact. If you'd have said in my opinion we need 4 or 5 good players, I would tend to agree.

Most will agree we need good cover at centre back. We will need to replace Wilks goals, .pace and threat up front. So that's likely we need two quality players to make the first XI comparable with last seasons starting XI.

The rest is debatable about what we need and where to carry us through a season to cover injuries and provide the manager with options.

For me Sadlier was already the replacement for Rowe.

DMs job is to make that assessment to what we need including the possibility of a creative player in midfield.

He may think that Whiteman, Sheaf, Crawford, Copps, Sadlier, Blair between them possess enough creativity.

I doubt very much he will sign 4 or 5 players before the season starts. He'll assess whether players perform, strengths and weaknesses and use the remainder of the transfer window to trade to get his full squad. That could include outgoings too for those he thinks have no future.

Shornton

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on July 22, 2019, 06:40:45 pm by Shornton »
Sm, you both stated it, you stated it on here!! Told everyone not to panic lol..come on mate..
  I guess you're new?

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on July 22, 2019, 06:41:22 pm by bedale rover »
Everyone has there own opinion and yes it’s completely divided with the fans, but when the board say things and it doesn’t happen well what’s happening??? A classic example of bad management.... we received Darren’s cv and knew straight away he was the man for us!! So why wait 2 week for the inevitable and let 2 weeks of precious pre season planning go down the pan?? I’m sorry I just don’t understand that one.. I appreciate the board do a sterling job with the community etc but as for the real business they haven’t a clue whatsoever and a although personally I’ve never been an admirer of a footballing director I seriously think we might need to go that way.

Making their multi million fortune via their businesses is clearly of no relevance?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on July 22, 2019, 06:48:25 pm by Michael Gibson »
Ok... when they took over it was destination championship etc ..... were still an average league 1 team.

The dons were being told it’s super league ambitions in the next few year..... there in the bottom league several years on.

Can you honestly tell me and others they have a sporting clue????? They haven’t it’s simple purely in my opinion the club is being run as a tuck shop, there’s absolutely no ambition whatsoever, not since billy sharp as anyone thought we mean business this season, it’s tiring and boring.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on July 22, 2019, 06:51:11 pm by scunny rover »
Hahahahaha

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on July 22, 2019, 06:52:00 pm by sha66y »

My oh my you’re a tetchy one aren’t ya...?

Unless you are privy to the actual inner workings of the club I’d let this one go...
Your opinions are starting to sound like facts and your tone has shifted to the very negative end of the spectrum...

and yet....I’d wager you know absolutely nothing about what’s currently going on behind those closed doors...

You won’t know how advanced some negations are, you certainly won’t know what targets have been identified,

And neither do I

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on July 22, 2019, 06:58:00 pm by Michael Gibson »
I’ve said nothing about targets mate I’m just talking about facts. We are still in l1 the dons are further down the ladder than when they took over, so how is it working? I can’t see championship football or super league can you??? There’s no ambition at all it’s my opinion and shared by many. Off the pitch the club has made great strides and must be congratulated on a brilliant job but on the pitch it’s not good, everything is being done on a shoestring and everyone can see it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on July 22, 2019, 07:06:52 pm by IDM »
On a shoestring.??

Prove it.??

Having ambition and an ambitious budget does not guarantee success on the pitch.!  Last season was a success in that we got to the play offs..

We are waiting for DM to finalise his squad and GB has said he will be backed, if you believe what he is quoted as saying in the DFP today.

This demand for instant gratification and taking each and every syllable of club statements etc precisely literally rather than in context, really makes my piss boil..

Reminds me of falling into s barrel of tits and coming out sucking your thumb..

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on July 22, 2019, 07:07:01 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’ve said nothing about targets mate I’m just talking about facts. We are still in l1 the dons are further down the ladder than when they took over, so how is it working? I can’t see championship football or super league can you??? There’s no ambition at all it’s my opinion and shared by many. Off the pitch the club has made great strides and must be congratulated on a brilliant job but on the pitch it’s not good, everything is being done on a shoestring and everyone can see it.

If you are stating this as your opinion then fair enough but if you are stating it as fact you haven’t got a clue.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on July 22, 2019, 07:08:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

You might call it a shoestring. Others call it a budget. Your opinion is welcome just as any others but if you are looking for a club to be splashing the cash beyond its means, it ain't going to happen!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on July 22, 2019, 07:12:45 pm by sha66y »

Those facts has you call them are subjective..
Did you enjoy the football played last season?
Did you actually expect a top 6 finish?

We have no automatic right to expect Championship football, we are a poorly supported club that does the best it can with the funds and resources at its disposal,,....I think you are not going to enjoy the next few years of watching little old Donny Rovers, mainly because your expectations far outweigh the reality of our situation...

We are a small club, and small clubs find their place .......

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on July 22, 2019, 07:16:37 pm by Michael Gibson »
I fully agree with some comments especially the attendances, funnily enough I went into 3 separate dmbc leisure centres last week and not once did I see anything about the the club Doncaster?? Should I of done I don’t know?? Marketing wise we’re terrible there’s nothing, we should be swamping social media etc.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on July 22, 2019, 07:20:14 pm by redarmy82 »

Those facts has you call them are subjective..
Did you enjoy the football played last season?
Did you actually expect a top 6 finish?

We have no automatic right to expect Championship football, we are a poorly supported club that does the best it can with the funds and resources at its disposal,,....I think you are not going to enjoy the next few years of watching little old Donny Rovers, mainly because your expectations far outweigh the reality of our situation...

We are a small club, and small clubs find their place .......

Garbage.

We aren't a poorly supported club, in fact we are a well supported club at this level.

Rotherham manage it on similar crowds to usm

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on July 22, 2019, 07:24:17 pm by Michael Gibson »
Exactly then, how can Rotherham have a bigger budget than us ??

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on July 22, 2019, 07:28:25 pm by vaya »

Have they?

How much are the respective budgets? - round thousands will do.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on July 22, 2019, 07:29:03 pm by drfchound »

Rotherham’s attendances last season were around 20% higher than ours.
Mind you, they were in the Championship and the away end would have been busier than ours generally.
They probably won’t be as good for them next season unless they are in the top four or five.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on July 22, 2019, 07:30:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
This is getting farcical.

I suppose it was the boards fault Rowe and Marquis missed their penalties in the play off semi?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on July 22, 2019, 07:34:05 pm by StocktonRover »
  I guess you're new?
Only under this user name 😏

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on July 22, 2019, 07:34:51 pm by vaya »
This is getting farcical.

I suppose it was the boards fault Rowe and Marquis missed their penalties in the play off semi?

Yes. The budget they gave GM was so precise that the only possible outcome over the course of the season was two players missing penalties having scored in open play after 90 minutes and extra time.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on July 22, 2019, 07:35:17 pm by Michael Gibson »
Considering theve just bought the kid from Plymouth for 500k I’d say they have lol..
Shrewsbury have pushed the boat out,
Fleetwood
Peterborough
Cov
Rotherham

How on earth are these bigger than donny apart from cov?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on July 22, 2019, 07:39:05 pm by vaya »
Considering theve just bought the kid from Plymouth for 500k I’d say they have lol..
Shrewsbury have pushed the boat out,
Fleetwood
Peterborough
Cov
Rotherham

How on earth are these bigger than donny apart from cov?

So basically you've no idea then. Fair enough.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on July 22, 2019, 07:43:24 pm by Michael Gibson »
Going on facts seen your absolutely clueless

TinyPortal © 2005-2012