Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:49:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Any reports  (Read 8188 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Any reports
« Reply #30 on July 24, 2019, 09:38:18 pm by dickos1 »
The gap between marquis and the midfield is astonishing
He’s a good 15 yards in front of them

Isn’t he supposed to be there?
If not ....what’s he doing to close that gap ?

Who

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 24, 2019, 10:09:59 pm by phil old leake »
Do I take it from a lot of these threads that unless we get players in we’re probably in the Pooh for next season

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 24, 2019, 10:13:16 pm by the vicar »
Yes that was very poor

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 24, 2019, 10:14:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Horrendous get on us going down at 8s

Put your house on it mate

Now ya just showing off....house? Really?

Nah, get him to  put the keys to his sheltered accommodation on it.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 24, 2019, 10:14:47 pm by esdailles left foot »
Let's face it, not something we didn't already know. to lose the players we did doesn't take much working outv

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 24, 2019, 10:16:08 pm by the vicar »
7-1WITH sky

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 24, 2019, 10:17:46 pm by drfchound »
7-1WITH sky

Yeah, well they got most of the odds on our potential new managers a bit awry didn’t they.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 24, 2019, 10:19:38 pm by the vicar »
Joe Wright off does this effect the first league game ?

Can’t score again need players in to replace Blair, Gomez, Sadlier and even Copps. If we are going to score goals this season. Reading about the gap between John and the attacking midfield how’s he expected to score. Not panicking it will happen. Same result on Saturday unless some quality is signed.
it would be good if he looked like he wanted to be here

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 24, 2019, 10:20:25 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Let's be honest, it was uninspiring at best.

BUT, it was a friendly and meaningless at no tempo.  We learnt nothing we dont all know. We are short a bit and work to do

Sheaf looks a tidy player though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 24, 2019, 10:21:21 pm by drfchound »
What was our starting line up please.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 24, 2019, 10:23:27 pm by TheFunk »
Unfortunately pre season has been an absolute disaster and we look a million miles away from being ready for the season. Hopefully it'll all click into place and the players will realise what they are supposed to be doing. I'm normally buzzing for the start of the season but this year I'm dreading it.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 24, 2019, 10:24:39 pm by the vicar »

Put your house on it mate

Now ya just showing off....house? Really?
Just want him to lose it

Rovers won't go down
was you at the game like

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on July 24, 2019, 10:27:09 pm by dknward2 »

Rovers: Lawlor, Halliday, Wright, Anderson, James, Sheaf, Blair, Gomes, Sadlier, Coppinger (Longbottom 65), Marquis. Subs not used: Jones, Crawford, May, Watters, Kiwomya, Hasani.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 24, 2019, 10:28:56 pm by drfchound »

Rovers: Lawlor, Halliday, Wright, Anderson, James, Sheaf, Blair, Gomes, Sadlier, Coppinger (Longbottom 65), Marquis. Subs not used: Jones, Crawford, May, Watters, Kiwomya, Hasani.

Thanks for that.
Probably not far off our potential best starting eleven.
Whiteman to come in but who else?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 24, 2019, 10:29:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I feel for Hasani. Splinters in every game.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 24, 2019, 10:34:47 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
just found this from a huddie point of view
you get the first goal as well presumably if you muck about on that twitter thing you can find the second

"And that's the break
This second-string Town side started slowly but have grown into the game and deservedly lead at the break."

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/huddersfield-town-doncaster-bacuna-live-16638928

Total attendance: 3,062

Town fans: 1,287
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:39:29 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 24, 2019, 10:38:20 pm by since-1969 »
The first 15 mins we looked the business , we played sharpe one touch and players were finding their passes and it had a good tempo . Slowly Huddersfield got into the game and began to control it with a more determined front line and midfield. Once they went in front we never got back into stride and in the second half a smart free kick meant 0-2 and not long after 10 men with Joe getting carried away . Rovers didn’t offer much up front and seemed half hearted when going down to 10 men . DM will have a few words of wisdom no doubt but it’s about attitude on the pitch and this above everything will see the team perform better when something is at stake .

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 24, 2019, 10:42:17 pm by NewDonny »

Can’t score again need players in to replace Blair, Gomez, Sadlier and even Copps. If we are going to score goals this season. Reading about the gap between John and the attacking midfield how’s he expected to score. Not panicking it will happen. Same result on Saturday unless some quality is signed.

Oh do shut up, your beginning to bore me, always moaning about one player or another.

Genuine question - Do you ever have a good word to say about any player or are you one of those fans that always has to find fault?

Have you even got a clue about what you are talking about? The one player that was actually awful tonight and you have not even mentioned him and that was Marquis whilst several of the players you mention were in fact our better players tonight, Gomez was given man of the match although I do agree that is stretch.

This was the first real test of pre season and the players chance to stretch themselves but you want to write players off already lol, what a clown!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 24, 2019, 10:44:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The first 15 mins we looked the business , we played sharpe one touch and players were finding their passes and it had a good tempo . Slowly Huddersfield got into the game and began to control it with a more determined front line and midfield. Once they went in front we never got back into stride and in the second half a smart free kick meant 0-2 and not long after 10 men with Joe getting carried away . Rovers didn’t offer much up front and seemed half hearted when going down to 10 men . DM will have a few words of wisdom no doubt but it’s about attitude on the pitch and this above everything will see the team perform better when something is at stake .

You've logged into the wrong account. That wasn't negative.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 24, 2019, 10:46:28 pm by dickos1 »

Oh do shut up, your beginning to bore me, always moaning about one player or another.

Genuine question - Do you ever have a good word to say about any player or are you one of those fans that always has to find fault?

Have you even got a clue about what you are talking about? The one player that was actually awful tonight and you have not even mentioned him and that was Marquis whilst several of the players you mention were in fact our better players tonight, Gomez was given man of the match although I do agree that is stretch.

This was the first real test of pre season and the players chance to stretch themselves but you want to write players off already lol, what a clown!

Football is all about opinions but there were a few players much worse than marquis tonight

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 24, 2019, 10:46:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Gomes/Gomez is the new Sharpe

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 24, 2019, 10:51:25 pm by NewDonny »

Agree with all of that although would say that we were okay in the first half and playing some nice football at times albeit still not great but a promise of something to improve upon. Its no doubt we need  2-3 more players in. For me Sheaf & Sadlier looked the sharpest for us and at times I felt that they should have been a little more selfish. Got to sort the Marquis situation however, same as Saturday he didn't look like he wanted to know and as your CF that has a massive effect on your other forward players around him.

Work in progress, interesting season ahead.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 24, 2019, 10:55:19 pm by NewDonny »

Football is all about opinions but there were a few players much worse than marquis tonight

Well we will beg to differ on that then shall we, he has it in him to be a real menace and goal threat but he did not put it in tonight, didn't look interested.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on July 24, 2019, 10:59:35 pm by drfchound »

Sorry mate, but I had to laugh.
You castigated Steve for having a pop about the performances of some players.......and then told us how poor Marquis had played.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 24, 2019, 11:00:13 pm by dickos1 »
The problem for me was he was massively isolated, our midfield was so deep it was frightening, sadlier and copps were always 10-15 yards deeper than him, which lead to hardly any interplay in the final 3rd.
The two flicks to play people through in the first half from marquis were quality as was the cross but there was nobody on the end of it.

I’m a fan of sadlier but felt he was very poor tonight, constantly gave the ball away.
Also Blair can’t be playing as a holding midfielder may aswell put him in goal

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 24, 2019, 11:00:51 pm by sha66y »
Do I take it from a lot of these threads that unless we get players in we’re probably in the Pooh for next season
Only if you subscribe to that train of thought,....it seems our less informed more judgemental forum members are well and truly on song to be thoroughly miserable for the next 9 months or so...
Bless em one and all....

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 24, 2019, 11:01:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I thought it was mainly our play without for ball that was the worst. We were just sitting in with a 4-4-1-1 and not pressing them a lot of the time.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 24, 2019, 11:02:32 pm by NewDonny »

Sorry mate, but I had to laugh.
You castigated Steve for having a pop about the performances of some players.......and then told us how poor Marquis had played.

I can see the irony lol, but seriously digging those players out saying they need to be replaced when Marquis was on the pitch as well and did not put half as much effort as any of those players because he's sulking and wants a move and he escapes criticism..

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 24, 2019, 11:03:28 pm by sha66y »
The problem for me was he was massively isolated, our midfield was so deep it was frightening, sadlier and copps were always 10-15 yards deeper than him, which lead to hardly any interplay in the final 3rd.
The two flicks to play people through in the first half from marquis were quality as was the cross but there was nobody on the end of it.

I’m a fan of sadlier but felt he was very poor tonight, constantly gave the ball away.
Also Blair can’t be playing as a holding midfielder may aswell put him in goal

So.....
In your summary you have identified some problems and hope that Darren saw them too, and will react in a favourable way ?

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 24, 2019, 11:08:37 pm by Danmckay456 »
Hopefully Darren’s seen enough poor performances from players given an opportunity and will set the ball rolling pronto

TinyPortal © 2005-2012