Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 12:01:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Up brewery in piss a  (Read 11270 times)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
Re: Up brewery in piss a
« Reply #30 on July 31, 2019, 10:56:02 pm by Danmckay456 »
surely we will be doing our transfer business sooner than later I’m sure Darren will try his best at getting us off to a good start as possible it’s been a bit like the weather today this summer 😂😂😉😉😉

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 31, 2019, 10:56:41 pm by redarmy82 »
Boomstick, a couple of questions for you.

1) Did this club say we were aiming for a top 6 finish last season? Where did we finish?

2) Did the club 3 seasons ago say we were looking for automatic promotion back to LG1? Where did we finish?

3) What would you say was our golden period as a club? And why?

The club also said it was aiming for promotion when Ferguson took over. Where did we finish?

The club also said we had a 5 year plan to become a sustainable championship club. How's that working out?

Well I wasn't asking you, and just throwing other questions back in the vague attempt at some 'whatabouterism' doesn't help either.

Don't like to see the club held to account at all, do you?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 31, 2019, 10:57:39 pm by Bessie Red »
Wonder what Broomstick, since-1969, redarmy82 and all the other manic depressives will talk about if we somehow manage to win on Saturday?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 31, 2019, 10:59:30 pm by silent majority »

1) Did this club say we were aiming for a top 6 finish last season? Where did we finish?

2) Did the club 3 seasons ago say we were looking for automatic promotion back to LG1? Where did we finish?

The club also said it was aiming for promotion when Ferguson took over. Where did we finish?

The club also said we had a 5 year plan to become a sustainable championship club. How's that working out?

Well I wasn't asking you, and just throwing other questions back in the vague attempt at some 'whatabouterism' doesn't help either.

Don't like to see the club held to account at all, do you?

I hold the club to account more than any individual does, so that argument doesn't hold any water.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 31, 2019, 11:01:29 pm by Boomstick »
Press says only some of the money will be given to Moore. We won't be going out splashing the cash. It'll be the same out of contract players and loans that we are used to.

I don't care what the press says, the club will be putting all the money into team funds.

So we will be spending 2 million on top of the allocated "top 6" budget?

Who says we've pocketed £2m?

And why put top 6 budget in parentheses? Just another dig I suppose.

You mean we haven't even pocketed 2 million 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 31, 2019, 11:01:34 pm by esdailles left foot »
Wonder what Broomstick, since-1969, redarmy82 and all the other manic depressives will talk about if we somehow manage to win on Saturday?

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 31, 2019, 11:02:27 pm by Spilsby Red »
Aimed at me esdaille?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 31, 2019, 11:07:34 pm by Bessie Red »

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha

Well tell me esdaille as you are one of those that appear to be  a manic depressive

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 31, 2019, 11:08:50 pm by redarmi66 »
Its a good deal. £2M or close to is great. His value would have dropped from here on in anyway. JM wanted to go. What are you going to do?. The club have done the right thing. Thanks for the goals JM. Heres to some new blood and a new era. RTID

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 31, 2019, 11:08:55 pm by Spilsby Red »
Give him the rope. It’s all over 😂😂😂

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on July 31, 2019, 11:11:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If their normal modus operandi still holds true, they'll be conspicuous by their absence.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 31, 2019, 11:12:49 pm by redarmy82 »

If their normal modus operandi still holds true, they'll be conspicuous by their absence.

How's that work? Missed about 5 games last season home and away. Try again.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 31, 2019, 11:13:11 pm by redarmi66 »
Press says only some of the money will be given to Moore. We won't be going out splashing the cash. It'll be the same out of contract players and loans that we are used to.

I don't care what the press says, the club will be putting all the money into team funds.

Hes not worth £2M its a good deal. He would have gone for nowt in 12 months

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 31, 2019, 11:14:21 pm by Boomstick »

1. Yes that's a fair one, but I feel we were very fortunate in having Wilks, kane and marquis as the backbone of the team. We've now lost them, and not built on that success.

2. Should never have been in that position,

3. For me personally it was 03 - 09

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2019, 11:15:32 pm by Boomstick »

Hes not worth £2M its a good deal. He would have gone for nowt in 12 months
He should have gone for nothing in 12 months, your deluded if you think he's only worth 2 milk

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2019, 11:16:07 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

How's that work? Missed about 5 games last season home and away. Try again.

I meant absent from the forum, and I have to admit I was more talking about Bumstick, since-1969 and esdaille than you.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 31, 2019, 11:16:18 pm by Bessie Red »

1. Yes that's a fair one, but I feel we were very fortunate in having Wilks, kane and marquis as the backbone of the team. We've now lost them, and not built on that success.

3. and why?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 31, 2019, 11:16:56 pm by redarmy82 »

3. and why?

John Ryan. Club hasn't been the same since.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on July 31, 2019, 11:18:18 pm by Bessie Red »

3. and why?

You answering for each other now or are you one of the same?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 31, 2019, 11:18:58 pm by redarmy82 »

3. and why?

Does it matter? Why do you care?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on July 31, 2019, 11:21:27 pm by silent majority »

OK. But a little perspective here.

I've supported this club since the mid-60's and to say we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery would apply to all those years up until the current board became involved. The difference from then to now is light years apart.

But even using the years you say were a golden era we were still very badly run, we just happened to be a bit more successful.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 31, 2019, 11:21:39 pm by Bessie Red »

3. and why?

Does it matter? Why do you care?
Just interested in Boomsticks reasons thats all!! Mr Grumpy!!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 31, 2019, 11:22:22 pm by redarmy82 »

I've supported this club since the mid-60's and to say we couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery would apply to all those years up until the current board became involved. The difference from then to now is light years apart.

But even using the years you say were a golden era we were still very badly run, we just happened to be a bit more successful.

Why were we badly run during those years?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 31, 2019, 11:24:28 pm by silent majority »

3. and why?

Yep, you're right, we're a 100 times better. We have a board who aren't trying to sell the club to a made up offshore hedge fund company, we have a board who are not using the threat of administration to force a change of ownership, or fixing up some young pop star just to use his fame to hoodwink normal supporters. Yep, times have changed.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 31, 2019, 11:25:04 pm by redarmy82 »

3. and why?

Yep, you're right, we're a 100 times better. We have a board who aren't trying to sell the club to a made up offshore hedge fund company, we have a board who are not using the threat of administration to force a change of ownership, or fixing up some young pop star just to use his fame to hoodwink normal supporters. Yep, times have changed.

Here we go.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 31, 2019, 11:25:44 pm by silent majority »

Why were we badly run during those years?

Where do we start? Hmm, let's start with Dave Morris as our CEO.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 31, 2019, 11:26:06 pm by johnny rovers »

3. and why?

Bramall and Watson joined in 05 🤔

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on July 31, 2019, 11:26:31 pm by redarmy82 »

3. and why?

And?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on July 31, 2019, 11:27:29 pm by silent majority »

3. and why?

Yes I'm aware of that, but they weren't running the club in the early years.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 31, 2019, 11:29:08 pm by redarmy82 »

3. and why?

Yes I'm aware of that, but they weren't running the club in the early years.

If we were so badly run then why was it the most succesful spell in the clubs history

TinyPortal © 2005-2012