Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:51:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Up brewery in piss a  (Read 11260 times)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Up brewery in piss a
« on July 31, 2019, 10:30:16 pm by Boomstick »
Re arrange those words, and you will get a sentence, which is something the club couldn't organise.

It's f**king shambolic to be in this position 2 days before the season. Selling our only striker 2 f**king days before the season starts, and to a promotion rival.
You couldn't make it up.
Paper thin squad, and just rumours of signing hasbeens and cast offs.
Sure we might get a couple of loans, but you can hardly build a squad and future around them can you.

If the club really had ambition, marquis contract would run down and he'd leave on a free. We would get another season out of him.

Instead the club sells him to a promotion rival 2 f**king days before the season starts, and for half of what he's worth.

Unless that 2 million gets re invested in full, and fast. I can see a very poor season coming up, and possibly a relegation scrap.
I fear the club is going backwards, with owners that lack TRUE ambition.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it seems.

Why wait until candidates apply for the job too, why not headhunt?

I think Baldwin said to the board 'can you imagine if Darren moore applies?'

Well never f**king mind that, if you want him, don't wait for him to apply or not, f**king approach him!

The mess we are in now, is purely the clubs own fault.
Weve gone from being the arsenal of the North, to being the Newcastle of league 1.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Up brewery in piss a
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2019, 10:31:59 pm by vaya »
Re arrange those words, and you will get a sentence, which is something the club couldn't organise.

It's f**king shambolic to be in this position 2 days before the season. Selling our only striker 2 f**king days before the season starts, and to a promotion rival.
You couldn't make it up.
Sure we might get a couple of loans, but you can hardly build a squad and future around them can you.

If the club really had ambition, marquis contract would run down and he'd leave on a free. We would get another season out of him.

Instead the club sells him to a promotion rival 2 f**king days before the season starts, and for half of what he's worth.

Unless that 2 million gets re invested in full, and fast. I can see a very poor season coming up, and possibly a relegation scrap.

Well never f**king mind that, if you want him, don't wait for him to apply or not, f**king approach him!

Weve gone from being the arsenal of the North, to being the Newcastle of league 1.

Yet more pints. Bravo sir!

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 31, 2019, 10:32:39 pm by redarmy82 »
Press says only some of the money will be given to Moore. We won't be going out splashing the cash. It'll be the same out of contract players and loans that we are used to.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 31, 2019, 10:33:11 pm by silent majority »
Wow!

What an angry man you are.

We haven't even kicked a ball in anger this season and according to you the whole worlds caved in.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 31, 2019, 10:34:08 pm by redarmy82 »
Wow!

What an angry man you are.

We haven't even kicked a ball in anger this season and according to you the whole worlds caved in.

The squad certainly has.

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 31, 2019, 10:35:30 pm by Ziggazaggarover »
Got to agree with you it's a joke but no more than were used to supporting the rovers , joke of Yorkshire ,

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2019, 10:36:04 pm by redarmy82 »
Press says only some of the money will be given to Moore. We won't be going out splashing the cash. It'll be the same out of contract players and loans that we are used to.

I don't care what the press says, the club will be putting all the money into team funds.

So we will be spending 2 million on top of the allocated "top 6" budget?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2019, 10:37:44 pm by silent majority »

I don't care what the press says, the club will be putting all the money into team funds.

Who says we've pocketed £2m?

And why put top 6 budget in parentheses? Just another dig I suppose.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2019, 10:37:59 pm by drfc1951 »
Got to agree with you it's a joke but no more than were used to supporting the rovers , joke of Yorkshire ,
Go and support someone else then

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2019, 10:38:23 pm by redarmy82 »

That's the only figure I've seen mentioned. Or are the free Prees lying to us?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2019, 10:38:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sounds like it is not quite £2m. We are unlikely also to get it all now. Perhaps over even course of his contract, perhaps related to appearances, goals, promotion. One thing is sure we will not have a £1.75m cheque currently awaiting clearing at Nat West in town.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2019, 10:39:07 pm by silent majority »

Did the Free Press quote £2m?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2019, 10:39:28 pm by redarmy82 »

Yes

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 31, 2019, 10:42:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You couldn't make it up.

I just read someone somewhere saying talk is cheap. It sure is.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 31, 2019, 10:42:13 pm by pib »
Whilst I’m certainly not agreeing with the OP, this summer (and last to an extent) does leave me pondering what a couple of others have mentioned on here recently - does the club need a really shit-hot Director of Football or something similar to help the board and the manager?

If they were able to get hold of someone who knows their stuff it could potentially make the football side of the club so much slicker and more efficient.

Part of me wonders if the reason why everything seems to take so long is that the board have to put a LOT of time into getting their head round football matters (ie who the new manager should be), and on the transfer front because everything is left to the manager.

In reality the club should probably have a transfer policy and a blueprint no matter who the manager is - they then recruit a manager to fit with that and work with them on bringing in players within that blueprint that they can develop and sell on to make the club sustainable.

Not saying the club doesn’t have some of these things already but it feels like there’s possibly a missing link that would make the club much stronger on the football side. I don’t know - just some musings to add to the debate.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 31, 2019, 10:43:05 pm by silent majority »
Boomstick, a couple of questions for you.

1) Did this club say we were aiming for a top 6 finish last season? Where did we finish?

2) Did the club 3 seasons ago say we were looking for automatic promotion back to LG1? Where did we finish?

3) What would you say was our golden period as a club? And why?

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 31, 2019, 10:44:19 pm by Ziggazaggarover »
I knew that was coming , I am not entitled to my opinion , please tell me are you happy with our squad and would you say it's stronger than last season's with 2 days to go ? You go and support another club or are you happy to just turn up each season and expect nothing , a fan than is happy to just have a club

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 31, 2019, 10:46:17 pm by Jonathan »

Yes

No, the Free Press suggested it was approaching £2 million.

Nobody in the right mind expects us to go out and sign a £2 million striker to replace Marquis. I think fans would realistically like to see the money reinvested wisely in the squad, hopefully in a number of good players that can grow and develop with us in the way that Marquis has. That’s certainly what I’m hoping for.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 31, 2019, 10:46:29 pm by roversdude »
Dare say in a room with only Boomstick in bed fall out with the mirror

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 31, 2019, 10:46:56 pm by silent majority »

Yes

Not from what I've read. They quote another article and then, from that article,  say 'we believe the fee is close to £2m'. That's not the same thing.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 31, 2019, 10:48:04 pm by redarmy82 »

1) Did this club say we were aiming for a top 6 finish last season? Where did we finish?

2) Did the club 3 seasons ago say we were looking for automatic promotion back to LG1? Where did we finish?

The club also said it was aiming for promotion when Ferguson took over. Where did we finish?

The club also said we had a 5 year plan to become a sustainable championship club. How's that working out?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 31, 2019, 10:48:45 pm by redarmy82 »

Yes

Not from what I've read. They quote another article and then, from that article,  say 'we believe the fee is close to £2m'. That's not the same thing.

You enjoy nitpicking don't you?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 31, 2019, 10:50:06 pm by esdailles left foot »

Why should he ?
We're not all sheeple and mushrooms. Some of us are real fans who are fed up of being fed shite

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 31, 2019, 10:50:57 pm by esdailles left foot »

You couldn't make it up.

Hallelujah

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 31, 2019, 10:51:04 pm by silent majority »
I knew that was coming , I am not entitled to my opinion , please tell me are you happy with our squad and would you say it's stronger than last season's with 2 days to go ? You go and support another club or are you happy to just turn up each season and expect nothing , a fan than is happy to just have a club

The problem is you're getting angry at the club because they aren't signing players as fast, and at the level, you want them to, so that you can be happy on a Saturday afternoon.

So it's not about the club, it's about you and what you think you deserve. Getting angry at the club for not making you blissfully happy is an issue you have, it's certainly not the club.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 31, 2019, 10:52:04 pm by since-1969 »

The club also said it was aiming for promotion when Ferguson took over. Where did we finish?

The club also said we had a 5 year plan to become a sustainable championship club. How's that working out?
They’ve reset the clock it’s bern running 5 years slow for about 10 years .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 31, 2019, 10:54:41 pm by silent majority »

Well I wasn't asking you, and just throwing other questions back in the vague attempt at some 'whatabouterism' doesn't help either.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 31, 2019, 10:55:12 pm by IDM »

Why should he ?
We're not all sheeple and mushrooms. Some of us are real fans who are fed up of being fed shite

Calling the club the joke of Yorkshire doesn’t help.

Having your own opinion is one thing, having no sense of actually supporting the club is another..

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 31, 2019, 10:55:30 pm by Boomstick »
I bet alot will be

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 31, 2019, 10:55:42 pm by Spilsby Red »
Omfg. Go and support someone else then if our club is that terrible. Nothing else to say a part from we have a well run club. Still in business. Still trying.
If you don’t like it then f**k off elsewhere. 45 years supporting this club. There has been more ups in the last 15 years. It’s not all rosey but we have a club to be proud of

TinyPortal © 2005-2012