Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 11:46:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Up brewery in piss a  (Read 11257 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Up brewery in piss a
« Reply #60 on July 31, 2019, 11:31:09 pm by silent majority »
Boomstick, a couple of questions for you.

1) Did this club say we were aiming for a top 6 finish last season? Where did we finish?

2) Did the club 3 seasons ago say we were looking for automatic promotion back to LG1? Where did we finish?

3) What would you say was our golden period as a club? And why?

1. Yes that's a fair one, but I feel we were very fortunate in having Wilks, kane and marquis as the backbone of the team. We've now lost them, and not built on that success.

2. Should never have been in that position,

3. For me personally it was 03 - 09
3. and why?

John Ryan. Club hasn't been the same since.

Bramall and Watson joined in 05 🤔

Yes I'm aware of that, but they weren't running the club in the early years.

If we were so badly run then why was it the most succesful spell in the clubs history

You're confusing a well run club with a successful club. But if you look at the shit load of money that DW and TB poured into the club that will give you some kind of answer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 31, 2019, 11:33:16 pm by Danmckay456 »
Where has the 7 signings sprung up from

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 31, 2019, 11:34:57 pm by Bessie Red »

1) Did this club say we were aiming for a top 6 finish last season? Where did we finish?

2) Did the club 3 seasons ago say we were looking for automatic promotion back to LG1? Where did we finish?

1. Yes that's a fair one, but I feel we were very fortunate in having Wilks, kane and marquis as the backbone of the team. We've now lost them, and not built on that success.

3. and why?

If we were so badly run then why was it the most succesful spell in the clubs history

You're confusing a well run club with a successful club. But if you look at the shit load of money that DW and TB poured into the club that will give you some kind of answer.

They don't care SM they just want someone else to spend their own money to fulfil there dreams of one day playing a season in the PL. They don't care when it all comes tumbling down around them.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on July 31, 2019, 11:35:36 pm by Draytonian III »
I tend to think silent majority might have some personal issues with the previous owner/chairman that he should perhaps keep to himself. Or if this the case and he feels so strongly about he should tell what he knows, which somehow I very much doubt he will in case he loses his privileged standing

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on July 31, 2019, 11:37:48 pm by Bessie Red »
I tend to think silent majority might have some personal issues with the previous owner/chairman that he should perhaps keep to himself. Or if this the case and he feels so strongly about he should tell what he knows, which somehow I very much doubt he will in case he loses his privileged standing
I'm sure he does considering the way he was treated by them when all he was doing was trying to save the club from ending up like Bury or Bolton.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 31, 2019, 11:39:18 pm by Boomstick »

3. and why?

When did they start running the club?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 31, 2019, 11:44:12 pm by johnny rovers »

3. and why?

And?

And they were an integral part of why we achieved the championship!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 31, 2019, 11:45:37 pm by Barmby Rover »
JM has gone to a club he thinks will gain promotion, he obviously thinks we will not. If the money is not invested in the team what will happen to it? I presume it goes to directors and they will not have to put money in this year. Fair enough, it is theirs to do as they want, but don't try to tell us we have "ambition" when they do not reinvest profit. I hope I am wrong, and the money will be used to improve the squad, it would be nice to see them trying to get a half decent striker to replace JM with, even if it is a loan player we have to pay for.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 31, 2019, 11:45:47 pm by redarmy82 »

3. and why?

And?

And they were an integral part of why we achieved the championship!

And JR wasn't?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on July 31, 2019, 11:53:48 pm by johnny rovers »
We as a club have been lucky to have had Ryan, Wetzel (his contribution gets forgotten about and it shouldn't) bramall and Watson's heading the club for twenty years. We've been extremely successful and in that twenty year period a huge shift in statue has taken place from a non league team with nothing to an extremely well run club with with ambitions to be an established championship club which we've have already witnessed in the last decade. The current owners are the best we have ever had and the people running the club have my upmost respect. The club Doncaster model and the what we stand for as a community organisation is something to be proud of and long may the status quo continue for many years to come. My support for them will never waver.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 01, 2019, 12:01:58 am by dknward2 »
Yes but Jonny they are not breaking ffp rules and spending 20 million on players so they are shit.🤨

Sarcasm by the way, I’m for one glad of our owners and that we have a football team we can watch on Saturday and not worry about the club disappearing or being on the brink of financial ruin like some in our league

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 01, 2019, 12:07:29 am by johnny rovers »
[/quote

Trust me, he won't go any further on what he knows and he shouldn't but if he did alot people in this Town would be disappointed in our former chairman. I say it's best to be left alone and let's remember the good John Ryan did but the current owners are what this club needs in today's world of football. Bury and Bolton will tell you that.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 01, 2019, 12:22:57 am by PDX_Rover »
Re arrange those words, and you will get a sentence, which is something the club couldn't organise.

It's f**king shambolic to be in this position 2 days before the season. Selling our only striker 2 f**king days before the season starts, and to a promotion rival.
You couldn't make it up.
Paper thin squad, and just rumours of signing hasbeens and cast offs.
Sure we might get a couple of loans, but you can hardly build a squad and future around them can you.

If the club really had ambition, marquis contract would run down and he'd leave on a free. We would get another season out of him.

Instead the club sells him to a promotion rival 2 f**king days before the season starts, and for half of what he's worth.

Unless that 2 million gets re invested in full, and fast. I can see a very poor season coming up, and possibly a relegation scrap.
I fear the club is going backwards, with owners that lack TRUE ambition.

The more I think about it, the more ridiculous it seems.

Why wait until candidates apply for the job too, why not headhunt?

I think Baldwin said to the board 'can you imagine if Darren moore applies?'

Well never f**king mind that, if you want him, don't wait for him to apply or not, f**king approach him!

The mess we are in now, is purely the clubs own fault.
Weve gone from being the arsenal of the North, to being the Newcastle of league 1.

Doomstick - well there’s a surprise. STFU and grow up.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 01, 2019, 08:28:06 am by grayx »
Press says only some of the money will be given to Moore. We won't be going out splashing the cash. It'll be the same out of contract players and loans that we are used to.

That would be very disappointing. Lets see...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 01, 2019, 08:50:40 am by Campsall rover »
Omfg. Go and support someone else then if our club is that terrible. Nothing else to say a part from we have a well run club. Still in business. Still trying.
If you don’t like it then f**k off elsewhere. 45 years supporting this club. There has been more ups in the last 15 years. It’s not all rosey but we have a club to be proud of
Brilliant post Spilsby. 44 years for me and the Last 15 have been amazing.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 08:57:14 am by Campsall rover »

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 01, 2019, 08:58:09 am by Michael Gibson »
The fairly simple answer to anything regarding the board is there running the club like a 6th form tuck shop not a football club.  If Brammall and co wanted success they could show a lot more ambition that what they do, the club is now boring in my opinion and seriously think if they can’t take us forward it’s time to go.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 01, 2019, 09:00:53 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The fairly simple answer to anything regarding the board is there running the club like a 6th form tuck shop not a football club.  If Brammall and co wanted success they could show a lot more ambition that what they do, the club is now boring in my opinion and seriously think if they can’t take us forward it’s time to go.

Oh dear, there are some muppets about.  Without these owners we have no football club, end of story!

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 01, 2019, 09:03:59 am by drfcsteve »

And if they went who's replacing them and putting in the millions every year to cover the losses?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 01, 2019, 09:07:08 am by Boomstick »

And if they went who's replacing them and putting in the millions every year to cover the losses?
An owner with football acumen that actually wants to run the club as a football club, and not begrudgingly as a business.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 01, 2019, 09:08:54 am by drfcsteve »

An owner with football acumen that actually wants to run the club as a football club, and not begrudgingly as a business.

Who's that then?

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 01, 2019, 09:10:11 am by Cramby10 »
F**ckwits! F**ckwits on every page. Dear god!
How the hell do you get by in the real world?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 01, 2019, 09:14:50 am by Boomstick »

Who's that then?
Who indeed

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 01, 2019, 09:16:04 am by Filo »

So who are you going to support then if it’s time to go?

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 01, 2019, 09:25:57 am by STABNASTY »
Do people really think there are people out there desperate to buy our club and throw millions of pounds down the drain.
It's like the old saying  - Quickest way to become a millionaire - Start as a billionaire and buy a football club.
I agree if Brammall and Watson went then we have a much better chance of getting out of this division. How any drops is it to the North East Counties?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 01, 2019, 09:29:27 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Who's that then?
Who indeed

And that's your conundrum. You make it clear who you don't want but have nothing to offer about who you do want, how we should go about it and what risks are involved.

I'm sure Bolton fans in our situation would be over the moon. They have been bemoaning the EFL for their inadequate directors tests.

Chansiri at Wednesdays blowing good money after bad.

Charlton, the list goes on.

Furthermore, if you read about the state of English clubs finances, there are a host of owners queuing to get out of the game. They don't give a flying you know what about the fans and the community.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 01, 2019, 09:39:12 am by selby »
 It will be hilarious on here if god forbid we have a good start to the season and win the first five or six matches.
  Anyone would think that the players still here had no ability whatsoever. Spending money helps in most cases to be successful at football, but there has been some spectacular failures over the years, especially in the lower divisions.
   I will reserve my judgement for a couple of  months or so, that will be when our management has had a fair length of time to get their feet under the table, and actually start to have a chance to put their stamp on things at the club., and start to shape the way forward.
  The last two managers have done us no favours the way they left the club at all, but we are better served without them as personalities, an area of life they clearly lack in.
   For all the changes I find it exciting now, and I was not surprised at John leaving as most of us would not be, he deserves his move, and I am sure we will now move into a period of good news.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on August 01, 2019, 09:50:47 am by selby »
The criticism of Silent Majority is unwarranted, someone who puts in a lot of time and energy to attend meetings to represent us the supporters not just at this club but on the national supporters scene as well.
   When you keyboard warriors are cuddling up with your teddy in bed thinking of your next put down, or in some cases being jealous of his contacts and standing in the game, just think where we would be if people like him had just stood back and let things jog along when it mattered to this club, you wouldn't have a club to moan about.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 01, 2019, 10:00:30 am by Michael Shaw »
I can only hope Darren can announce some "wow factor" signings in the next couple of days to quell all the bitchiness on this site. At the end of the day we all want to see Rovers do well and fans arguing won't change anything. Darren is the boss and it's his job on the line, not ours, so hopefully he will show he can repeat what McCann did for us last season.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 01, 2019, 10:02:16 am by Alickismyhero »
I was as frustrated as anyone with the lack of replacement players coming in for the likes of very good players going!!!

When it comes to SM he is in a very difficult position and takes a lot of stick. He obviously has access to confidential information and has to deal with it in an intelligent way and he does it well in my opinion

The owners of the club have surely developed a thick skin when it comes to criticism,its a Donny pass time enjoyed by a minority, just read back the comments.

My opinion, for what its worth, I think the team will develop a siege mentality and win the first game or at least play well. After what the club's been through a mid table finish is OK by me.

I support the TEAM, the CLUB and DARREN.

I would love it just love it if we get a good start to the season and watch the whingers disappear.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 01, 2019, 10:10:26 am by Michael Shaw »
Personally, if I had come into Rovers and taken over the mess that McCann left us with, and then take all this criticism so soon I would wonder why I ever got involved with the club. We are all entitled to our opinions whether positive or not, but open hostility is not necessary. Calm down and see how it goes. Even SM must wonder at times why he bothers, but all I can say to him is that the vast majority appreciate what he does and he needs to ignore a small minority (as hard as it may be). You can't please everyone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012