Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 03:16:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A question for SM !  (Read 4732 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
A question for SM !
« on August 08, 2019, 07:43:09 pm by sha66y »
Do you think Darren will get a striker or two in before the month is out ?
Not a loaded question I assure you, just wanted your opinion as you are closer to the inner core than most...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: A question for SM !
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2019, 07:58:47 pm by graingrover »
SM is the man of course though from Darrren’s latest interview he openly admits  to difficulties with his first two targets ( likened to Marquis goal records] but says he is widening the search .The Championship clubs can still sell or lend out players all this month and Scottish and most Continental European  too...so the market is still wide open.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 08, 2019, 08:06:31 pm by selby »
  Do you want him to sha66y? or will you feel vindicated if he does not? not a loaded couple of questions I assure you, I just wanted to know your opinion.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2019, 08:10:17 pm by Jonathan »
SM is the man of course though from Darrren’s latest interview he openly admits  to difficulties with his first two targets ( likened to Marquis goal records] but says he is widening the search .The Championship clubs can still sell or lend out players all this month and Scottish and most Continental European  too...so the market is still wide open.

On that note, Matty Taylor of Bristol City is a name I’ve seen mentioned on here (not sure if there was any credibility to it or not). They brought in s striker today so he is the kind of player that’s likely to become available now given the way the transfer window operates.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 08, 2019, 08:17:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
Scored 1 in 10 over last two seasons in Championship. A tough league to adapt to, clearly.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2019, 08:39:43 pm by godlike1 »
Champ teams will have their sauds almost as they want them now and will not let players they may need to rely on go easily. If we were going to get anyone that would excite the fan base I would have expected it by now.

Yes we've had bids accepted for these players whos agents are clearly touting them about to get better deals.

As much as it frustrates me I thing we need to give them a time frame and move on if they won't commit

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 08, 2019, 09:03:28 pm by DRNaith »
Ever the optimist, I could see players finding themselves further down the pecking order, and so looking to jump for game time. This has happened to the enormous benefit of the receiving club with transfers such as Harvey Barnes and our very own Billy Sharp. There are players out there, with oodles of talent, looking for time on the pitch.

They're probably a bit disgruntled tonight due to their club bringing on another player above them in the pecking order!  :rtid:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2019, 09:07:56 pm by silent majority »
Not a loaded question I assure you, just wanted your opinion as you are closer to the inner core than most...

Yes I absolutely do. And a lot sooner than that.

The problem that most posters on this forum are having is that they feel the difficulties are one of two things, it's either meeting a clubs valuation or its being able to pay the salary that they want. Let me tell you, it's far more complicated than that!!

But patience is a virtue and has it's rewards. My understanding, and you must have all seen it by now, is that DM is determined to do things his way. Just give it a little longer.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 08, 2019, 09:11:46 pm by Padge_DRFC »

The problem that most posters on this forum are having is that they feel the difficulties are one of two things, it's either meeting a clubs valuation or its being able to pay the salary that they want. Let me tell you, it's far more complicated than that!!

But patience is a virtue and has it's rewards. My understanding, and you must have all seen it by now, is that DM is determined to do things his way. Just give it a little longer.

Be some greedy agent involved to pay no doubt

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 08, 2019, 09:12:14 pm by silent majority »

Be some greedy agent involved to pay no doubt

No, I didn't mean that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 08, 2019, 09:17:05 pm by RedJ »

Will be painted as a lie in 3, 2, 1...

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 08, 2019, 09:20:39 pm by Spilsby Red »
Redj...... very positive not

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 08, 2019, 09:22:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
For most of the flat earthers it comes down to either the club lying to us all about the budget and somehow squirrelling away the money somewhere, or despite the owners having to plug a shortfall of £2m each year (and which sadly never seems to be shrinking) there is still not a big enough budget - even accounting for us already living far beyond our means.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 08, 2019, 09:29:14 pm by Spilsby Red »
Question then Chris Black.  You know what the budget is !!! No you don’t, so why spout crap. Yes it’s all about individual views but my god it’s so boring and repetitive about slating our club

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 08, 2019, 09:40:12 pm by Nudga »
He wasn't slating the club. He's on about the flat earthers that frequent this forum.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 08, 2019, 10:06:05 pm by RedJ »

Whooosh.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 08, 2019, 10:26:32 pm by sha66y »
  Do you want him to sha66y? or will you feel vindicated if he does not? not a loaded couple of questions I assure you, I just wanted to know your opinion.

I am patient and know the Manager and the board  are going to do what they have set out to do.......so any answer is acceptable,
On a personal note I’d like to see Ennis and Sadlier together...because that partnership could be mouthwatering....but I know others want something more..

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 08, 2019, 10:28:12 pm by Darren »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 08, 2019, 10:30:08 pm by sha66y »
I think he was being sarcastic....it was clever actually

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 08, 2019, 10:33:56 pm by sha66y »

Thanks....that’s exactly what I and a lot are thinking......

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 09, 2019, 09:20:16 am by selby »
  Me sarcastic? never.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 09, 2019, 09:38:29 am by wing commander »
    I think it's perception from the outside looking in..As a fan we are sat here looking at what we've lost and what we've added so far and you would be hard pressed to convince anyone that the squad we have right now is capable of challenging this year..

Everybody hoped that when Moore arrived we would have a raft of signings of young hungry players that we paid fee's for that would give us excitement and resale value later on.As much as Fergie was questioned you cant argue he gave us some of them...So far we have signed a couple of young lads from Wolves who while highly rated are loans and a ageing defender as cover...

For me this is probably the most important part of the season,i've no doubt the next few weeks the board will be working hard with DM to bring those type of players in prior to the deadline.However what we don't want to happen is teams who are far in advance of us as regards recruitment ie Pompey,Posh,Fleetwood etc etc to get a march on us in the league...

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 09, 2019, 09:40:50 am by Donnybax »
I just can’t believe we didn’t have a striker or 2 on our long term radar. We’ve known since January marquis was going to be leaving. We should surely have had a few long term targets as we should for our other main assets positions.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 09, 2019, 09:44:02 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
    I think it's perception from the outside looking in..As a fan we are sat here looking at what we've lost and what we've added so far and you would be hard pressed to convince anyone that the squad we have right now is capable of challenging this year..

Everybody hoped that when Moore arrived we would have a raft of signings of young hungry players that we paid fee's for that would give us excitement and resale value later on.As much as Fergie was questioned you cant argue he gave us some of them...So far we have signed a couple of young lads from Wolves who while highly rated are loans and a ageing defender as cover...

For me this is probably the most important part of the season,i've no doubt the next few weeks the board will be working hard with DM to bring those type of players in prior to the deadline.However what we don't want to happen is teams who are far in advance of us as regards recruitment ie Pompey,Posh,Fleetwood etc etc to get a march on us in the league...

I would tend to agree fully with this.  I'd add it is a difficult thing for the club and manager to do and whilst frustrating is understandable also.  The next few weeks are vital, failure to bring in some attacking strength will cause us problems.  But I don't think for one minute Darren Moore took the job without feeling he'd get what he needs, he didn't need to.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 09, 2019, 09:45:01 am by sha66y »

Maybe those teams recruiting are seeing weaknesses that need addressing immediately, and Darren, like the Manager before him doesn’t see that many weaknesses...and will introduce the right player for the right role?

By the way 2 of those teams mentioned got beat,

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 09, 2019, 09:48:03 am by sha66y »
I just can’t believe we didn’t have a striker or 2 on our long term radar. We’ve known since January marquis was going to be leaving. We should surely have had a few long term targets as we should for our other main assets positions.

Doesn’t matter who’s on the long or short term radar...
A new manager may not fancy them....

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 09, 2019, 09:55:53 am by wing commander »

I would tend to agree fully with this.  I'd add it is a difficult thing for the club and manager to do and whilst frustrating is understandable also.  The next few weeks are vital, failure to bring in some attacking strength will cause us problems.  But I don't think for one minute Darren Moore took the job without feeling he'd get what he needs, he didn't need to.

I don't disagree with you...The next few weeks are going to be very interesting in seeing just how far we are prepared to throw the boat out on the terms of the quality we bring in...Hopefully we will see the type of players mentioned ie young talent who we have to pay fee's for...

However if we don't, and end up with a few free's or past it strikers like the one mentioned from Forest then I'm afraid the board will have to questioned on whether their actions match their words...As for Moore,I was in the minority by saying he wasn't my first choice but that doesn't matter now.IF he gets the tools to do the job then it's going to be another exciting season trying for those play offs again..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 09, 2019, 10:03:03 am by IDM »
If we don’t get the players some fans think we should be getting, this could equally be the fault of. The players and their agents wanting too much - despite how the board may support the manager..

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 09, 2019, 11:15:37 am by silent majority »
I think a lot of you need to go back and actually read what I've written.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 09, 2019, 12:48:34 pm by wing commander »
  What gets written by anybody is immaterial at this stage mate,you don't play football on a Saturday with words..We can only judge when our window closes and that's our lot..If we are significantly stronger than were we are now that's great,if we are not then questions will be asked and rightly so...

I expect it to be the former I'm more concerned with losing ground while 1,these players arrive and 2,they settle in and adapt to how Moore wants to play.!!! Nobody can deny a lot of the teams expecting to be challenging with us this season are far more prepared right now than we are..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012