Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 10:24:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pitch YES - Stadium no  (Read 6055 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Pitch YES - Stadium no
« on August 26, 2019, 04:23:09 pm by Donnywolf »
Saw Lincoln Fans liked our Pitch on this Forum somehwere but here they compare the delights of Rotherham and our Grounds.
If you dont want to know the results look away now
https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/new-york-stadium-or-keepmoat-stadium.97598/
Hurts to see KM compared to Glanford Park ffs - Belle Vue ws better than that

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Pitch YES - Stadium no
« Reply #1 on August 26, 2019, 04:25:11 pm by PDX_Rover »
Meh. Who cares to be honest. Sincil Bank - the temple of world football eh?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 26, 2019, 04:39:59 pm by redarmy82 »
Never read so much shit. Apparently we will never fill the Keepmoat. Well news for you, we have on umpteen occasions.

Also, they want to extend thiers to a larger capacity in readiness for the Premiership. What a load of shite.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 26, 2019, 04:44:26 pm by esdailles left foot »
The people of Lincolnshire are generally gobshites, who have a BMW on t'drive and f**k all in t'fridge.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 26, 2019, 04:48:37 pm by selby »
  The big difference with the grounds is, they won at the New York, and got spanked at the Keepmoat, it tends to influence how you enjoy the day out he he.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 26, 2019, 04:58:36 pm by silent majority »
I'm sure we could all agree the Keepmoat, architecturally from the outside, leaves a bit to be desired. However, in terms of facilities the NY stadium comes nowhere near. We have wide and extensive concourses, toilets that can cope, and a hospitality area, with private boxes that are excellent. NY stadium can't match any of that.

On top of that we house the foundation, run the largest 6th form college in Doncaster, and house external companies in office suites that command a premium.

I wouldn't swap a better looking stadium for all those advantages and facilities.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 26, 2019, 05:19:30 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
To be honest, the views, thoughts & opinions of Lincoln fans means absolutely bugger all to me.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 26, 2019, 05:27:05 pm by vaya »
To be honest, the views, thoughts & opinions of Lincoln fans means absolutely bugger all to me.

It's like getting interior design tips from Stig of the Dump.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 26, 2019, 05:36:52 pm by Donnywolf »

As I answered for them in the Q&A
Forum - Do you actually consider us rivals?
Rovers Fan - Rivals in the sense of where we will finish in the League and will we get 6 points from you – yes – but in the sense of Barnsley, Rotherham United and Scunthorpe United, NO! Our fans split age-wise on greatest “rivals” and The Iron seems to the biggest now.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:39:41 pm by Donnywolf »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 26, 2019, 06:23:59 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

As I answered for them in the Q&A
Forum - Do you actually consider us rivals?
Rovers Fan - Rivals in the sense of where we will finish in the League and will we get 6 points from you – yes – but in the sense of Barnsley, Rotherham United and Scunthorpe United, NO! Our fans split age-wise on greatest “rivals” and The Iron seems to the biggest now.

Agree there Wolf. As I said on Saturday, many years ago we had some cracking games with them but many years ago we also used Betamax videos.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 26, 2019, 06:30:55 pm by since-1969 »
Saw Lincoln Fans liked our Pitch on this Forum somehwere but here they compare the delights of Rotherham and our Grounds.
https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/new-york-stadium-or-keepmoat-stadium.97598/
Some the quotes about the location of the Keepmoat are sound . Belle Vue was visible from passing traffic and walkable from nearby build up areas such a Town Moor or Bessecar . It was easy to reach and more attractive to the casual spectator.

The Club has had to rebuild its image with many of the locations drawbacks. A shuttle service on Match days has helped but it added to the expense and inconvenience. Supporters are less enticed by loyalty than they are by supporter pubs and meeting places . The club needs a siren or beacon  light beam to attract fans .

A new  approach to get them to answer the call like a minaret uses for the crier . A count down clock situated in the town to the next match or just build boards with the next game plastered on it .
We are NOT growing our fan base we are settling for a modest one . Many of the criticisms of the Keepmoat is that it’s ordinary and soulless , it has no atmosphere or character. If we fill it I think that description will change . 

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 26, 2019, 06:36:10 pm by Donnywolf »
Is it not fashionable to be in out of the way spots now ?

My memory does play tricks but Shrewsbury seemed to be miles out of town - Oxford is in a wierd place and Reading Wycombe and Coventry too

Bolton I seem to recall was also in the middle of nowhere and in Horwich not Bolton maybe ?

There must be loads of others - ah yes Scunny cant get further out of town and its a poor Stadium

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 26, 2019, 06:41:18 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sometime I wonder why Scunny even bother.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 26, 2019, 06:53:17 pm by LincsRover »
The people of Lincolnshire are generally gobshites, who have a BMW on t'drive and f**k all in t'fridge.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, Mary, Jesus & the orphans. Donny born & bred, lived in Lincolnshire 30yrs & married to lovely Lincolnshire lass! Full fridge, jag on drive and well liked by many (but can be a gobshite when I want to be!). Plenty of BMW’s in the village but mainly landrovers or range rovers so get it right!!  :police:

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 26, 2019, 06:59:36 pm by redarmy82 »
They reckon they've enough demand for an 18k capacity and will be bigger than us and Rotherham. Were we this dillusional after a couple of years out of the Conference?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 26, 2019, 07:30:05 pm by RedJ »
What planet are they on?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 26, 2019, 07:35:40 pm by esdailles left foot »
At least we don't have a 1940's road network. oh and the NY stadium is nowt but a mugs eyeful.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 26, 2019, 07:36:32 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Rotherham ground is better once you're in your seat. Keepmoat too far from pitch

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 26, 2019, 07:40:18 pm by selby »
  The one thing I do not like with some new stadiums with steep steps, is how the hell do they get away with no hand rails on the stairways.
  Obviously it is to do with obstruction of the view, but most have no hand rail, plus no intermediate  landings every so many steps, in an emergency such as Bradford I can only see problems with how steep they are, especially for people with problems with their mobility, and the rush of people behind them going down, which was the problem on the exit stairs at Ibrox

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 26, 2019, 08:32:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
I loved Belle Vue and in any referendum I would probably still vote to bulldoze the houses and rebuild it from scratch in all its decrepit glory - but we did used to have to piss in the open air behind the Pop Side and then spend second half watching it all flow back down the terrace.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 26, 2019, 09:06:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Would be interesting to see how long it would take to walk to the Keepmoat from the interchange by comparison to Belle Vue. I can't see there being that much in it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 26, 2019, 09:07:10 pm by drfchound »
Never read so much shit. Apparently we will never fill the Keepmoat. Well news for you, we have on umpteen occasions.

Also, they want to extend thiers to a larger capacity in readiness for the Premiership. What a load of shite.

I suppose it is easier to fill your stadium when it holds only around 10,000 as opposed to the KM at around 15,000 so Lincoln are more likely to do it than us.

Not so sure that we have filled our ground umpteen times though redarmy.

Which occasions are you talking about?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 26, 2019, 09:49:35 pm by Campsall rover »
At least we don't have a 1940's road network. oh and the NY stadium is nowt but a mugs eyeful.
WE. What’s this we. All you do is slag of DRFC. Are you seriously telling all of us you support DRFC.

Oh what am i doing i promised myself i wouldn’t reply to your posts.  :facepalm:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 26, 2019, 10:14:18 pm by Donnywolf »
Would be interesting to see how long it would take to walk to the Keepmoat from the interchange by comparison to Belle Vue. I can't see there being that much in it.

Dead right 34 minutes to Keepmoat and 33 minutes to Golf Club 25 minutes to Rovers way so identical distances 

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 26, 2019, 11:26:36 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Some the quotes about the location of the Keepmoat are sound . Belle Vue was visible from passing traffic and walkable from nearby build up areas such a Town Moor or Bessecar . It was easy to reach and more attractive to the casual spectator.

The Club has had to rebuild its image with many of the locations drawbacks. A shuttle service on Match days has helped but it added to the expense and inconvenience. Supporters are less enticed by loyalty than they are by supporter pubs and meeting places . The club needs a siren or beacon  light beam to attract fans .

A new  approach to get them to answer the call like a minaret uses for the crier . A count down clock situated in the town to the next match or just build boards with the next game plastered on it .
We are NOT growing our fan base we are settling for a modest one . Many of the criticisms of the Keepmoat is that it’s ordinary and soulless , it has no atmosphere or character. If we fill it I think that description will change .

I’ve been to many games at Belle Vue where there was around 1500 fans. Never been near that at the KM. As for atmosphere, BV was awful. The odd game would be great but the vast majority there simply wasn’t one!

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 26, 2019, 11:41:43 pm by drfcsteve »
It's great we have offices and good boxes etc but I think what the majority of normal fans care about is is the atmosphere good and can you get decent food and drink at half time, and unfortunately the Keepmoat fails on both counts.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 26, 2019, 11:51:30 pm by IDM »
I count myself as a normal fan, and what I care about is what happens on the pitch..

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 27, 2019, 06:51:55 am by NickDRFC »
I count myself as a normal fan, and what I care about is what happens on the pitch..

I think Steve was referring to how away fans would see and rate the stadium, and I’d agree with him.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 27, 2019, 07:37:12 am by redarmy82 »

I suppose it is easier to fill your stadium when it holds only around 10,000 as opposed to the KM at around 15,000 so Lincoln are more likely to do it than us.

Not so sure that we have filled our ground umpteen times though redarmy.

Which occasions are you talking about?

Off the top of my head.
Huddersfield
Bolton
leeds
Newcastle
Wednesday
crewe
Palace in the championship and fa cup
Notts County.

All full there or thereabouts

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 27, 2019, 07:41:49 am by idler »
If we are comparing our Keepmoat gates with them wanting a 10,000 capacity ground, then surely all of our gates over 10,000 would be more than they could match.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012