Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:39:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bury and Bolton set for another deadline extension  (Read 6773 times)

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
Bury and Bolton set for another deadline extension
« on August 27, 2019, 08:38:41 am by DRFC_TID_93 »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/08/26/bolton-bury-hours-collapse-deals-save-clubs-liquidation-hanging/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49465036

Bolton could get another 2 week reprieve and Bury could get another extension beyond 5pm if the deal is 'close'

This has gone too far now, the EFL have lost all control.

P. S. If this has already been mentioned elsewhere, my bad.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Bury and Bolton set for another deadline extension
« Reply #1 on August 27, 2019, 09:05:27 am by IDM »
Isn’t the 14 day thing when the EFL actually serves the notice to quit.?  Not just giving them a reprieve.?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 27, 2019, 09:15:20 am by the vicar »
If Bolton do survive we should be there next midweek game asap

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 27, 2019, 09:19:33 am by Chris Black come back »
I can see the authorities are in a difficult position as they don’t want any league club going to the wall especially after season has started - but this is now taking the piss. Bolton picking and choosing which games they want to play, Bury not playing a SINGLE league game this season and massive fixture pile up coming for them if they survive - and ALL other clubs being inconvenienced to a greater or lesser extent, nobody more so than Rovers.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 27, 2019, 09:35:54 am by selby »
  Get rid for me, there are good clubs that can take their place lower down the pyramid, that mean just as much to the area they represent, and are not cheats.
  Every club that has been relegated over the time they have spent money on players they could not afford have been cheated.
  Just last week Bolton showed exactly what they thought of my club, they were not even worth contacting, the supporters like myself who had bought tickets, arranged travel etc. were not even a thought at the back of their mind, just so they could try to get an advantage with abetter side in a game on a later date, just carry on cheating.
  let them go, they are not worth saving.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 27, 2019, 09:38:01 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Isn’t the 14 day thing when the EFL actually serves the notice to quit.?  Not just giving them a reprieve.?

That's right. Nothings changed. If Bolton get a takeover agreed by 5pm, they're OK. But if not then the Administrator will liquidate them!

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 27, 2019, 10:01:55 am by phil old leake »
Beyond a joke.   Sod em   If they can’t sort it out get rid.  Burns situation could have a major impact on the league if there’s a fixture pile up at the end of the season and a promotion chasing club are forced to play as part of a catch up

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 27, 2019, 10:15:08 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »

That's right. Nothings changed. If Bolton get a takeover agreed by 5pm, they're OK. But if not then the Administrator will liquidate them!

And that helps the EFL out no end - "sorry your club's gone to the wall, but it was down to the Administrators, not us"

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 27, 2019, 10:48:15 am by RoversAlias »
I do wonder how all the people saying "sod them", "kick them out" etc. would feel if Bolton/Bury fans (or anyone) had said the same of us in 1998. The fans of these clubs do not deserve to lose their teams because of the financial mismanagement of crooked owners. The EFL should be doing absolutely everything in their power to allow them to get takeovers sorted, even if it means extensions to these deadlines.

I agree they can't keep distorting the league and postponing fixtures, and the Bolton fiasco last week annoyed me no end, but I would hate to see these clubs go to the wall and we all should be hoping anything can be done to avoid that happening.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 27, 2019, 11:00:11 am by jonnydog »
Just out of interest, neither us or Bolton are in the cup this week. Why couldn’t we have played the rearranged fixture tonight/tomorrow?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 27, 2019, 11:02:14 am by ChrisBx »
I do wonder how all the people saying "sod them", "kick them out" etc. would feel if Bolton/Bury fans (or anyone) had said the same of us in 1998. The fans of these clubs do not deserve to lose their teams because of the financial mismanagement of crooked owners. The EFL should be doing absolutely everything in their power to allow them to get takeovers sorted, even if it means extensions to these deadlines.

I agree they can't keep distorting the league and postponing fixtures, and the Bolton fiasco last week annoyed me no end, but I would hate to see these clubs go to the wall and we all should be hoping anything can be done to avoid that happening.

We fulfilled our fixtures.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 27, 2019, 11:03:07 am by RoversAlias »

We fulfilled our fixtures.

I'm fully aware of that, and it isn't really my point. The fans aren't the ones calling off games, it's having a bigger impact on them than one game has on us.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 27, 2019, 11:06:23 am by jackthelad »
Its gone on for far too long already and needs sorting one way or another.

I suspect the likes of Ipswich who have already played Bolton and won 5-0 will be hoping they stay in the league.

I know its been done to death but the whole bolton fixture fiasco last week really was a pisstake.

Im very confident theyll both be saved though.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 27, 2019, 11:07:13 am by Donnywolf »
Just out of interest, neither us or Bolton are in the cup this week. Why couldn’t we have played the rearranged fixture tonight/tomorrow?

Probably becasue "they" still fear Bolton will go out of business sometime today

Probably they wont but "they" had to play it safe

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 27, 2019, 12:29:36 pm by karldew »
Is it true that the goals don’t get taken off the goal scorers? So they have an advantage in the golden boot...

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 27, 2019, 12:54:54 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Probably becasue "they" still fear Bolton will go out of business sometime today

Probably they wont but "they" had to play it safe

It'd still be a mid week game so Bolton would just cancel it again because of the bed times or whatever they said. Anyway why are we accepting this is a replay?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 27, 2019, 01:03:03 pm by IDM »
Who has said we are accepting this at all.??

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 27, 2019, 01:06:12 pm by drfchound »
Is it true that the goals don’t get taken off the goal scorers? So they have an advantage in the golden boot...

No it isnt true.
All records are wiped off.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 27, 2019, 01:08:15 pm by Axholme Lion »
If clubs can't play by the rules and fulfil their fixtures then they have to go. Would Bolton fans care about your club?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 27, 2019, 01:10:17 pm by Dutch Uncle »

No it isnt true.

Except probably Red and Yellow Cards? Remember Paul Keegan at the abandoned match at the Valley - he still had to serve a suspension.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 27, 2019, 01:12:15 pm by drfchound »

No it isnt true.

Except probably Red and Yellow Cards? Remember Paul Keegan at the abandoned match at the Valley - he still had to serve a suspension.

A good point Dutch.
Quite ridiculous really.
Red and yellow cards shouldn’t count either in my opinion.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 27, 2019, 01:21:50 pm by NickDRFC »

No it isnt true.

I actually think that there’s some logic behind that, though, particularly for red cards. If someone has made a reckless tackle, say, they should still be penalised and punished regardless of whether the result from the game stands.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 27, 2019, 01:25:02 pm by IDM »
I think yellow cards didn’t count but reds did.?

Unfortunately this meant a red card for two yellow counted..

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 27, 2019, 01:28:47 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Point taken about straight red cards for lethal potential career ending tackles - but, just by the way, I think Paul Keegan picked up 2 relatively innocuous yellow cards on that day when conditions were of course awful. I thought poor Chris Brown losing 2 goals, and Paul Keegan losing a goal but keeping his two yellow cards were slightly hard done by.

Then again a single abandoned game and a series of fixtures being annulled - might they just be treated differently?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 27, 2019, 01:42:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Judging by their forum some fans blame the EFL and Administrator and its convenient to come out with the "F*ck the EFL" chant, but the majority accept its from previous mismanagement and seem willing to take their medicine.

We know what it's like to start from rock bottom and its kind of therapeutic. If they start again from scratch, it'll bring them together and they'll probably come back fitter and stronger however long it takes.

It's really as strong message to all clubs not to take things from granted. Use it or lose it and don't get complacent!

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 27, 2019, 02:04:14 pm by 5 on Tour »
Bury might have a chance with this but Bolton seem destined for liquidation. They have too many people involved. Between hotel, club, trust, existing bids and debtors it’s just not going to get sorted.

From my understanding the biggest problem is this trust situation. If Bolton fold then it’s done and dusted however if it survives at a Knock off price then people can sue the individuals involved in the trust. Let’s say it sells for 50% of its actual value to get it done and dusted then the other 50% can be sued against the people running the trust. What a sorry sorry state for a football club of this size that played in Europe 12 years ago.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 27, 2019, 02:32:15 pm by selby »
RA, most clubs did ignore our plight, as the FA and FL did when some of our great supporters stood up to actual threats, our stand being burnt down was a point of amusement to the media, and those great supporters went to court, and various meetings with the powers that be, and told them, that unless rules were put in place, no club would be safe from unscrupulous owners taking clubs over for their own gains and profit.
   And were they listened to and taken notice of? were they hell, and every few years since, either a club has come under the ownership of property speculators, or have become a vanity model of someone who thinks they can buy success with other peoples money ala Leeds United, or Leicester City, Q.P.R. Birmingham City, and many others.
   The only way it will stop is for one of the clubs with the biggest debt, and some of the speculators to lose the lot and others of like mind will see it as the gamble it is, and sanity will begin to emerge, if Bury and Bolton survive this it will be another in a short period.
   It makes no difference to me whether I go to Harrogate or Barrow instead of Bolton, they will probably be more welcoming don't cheat and will deserve to be playing in the football league because they would be well run clubs, and pay the pastie man.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 27, 2019, 02:34:46 pm by drfchound »
Agreed selby.
I have posted elsewhere something similar.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 27, 2019, 03:15:34 pm by RoversAlias »
Don't disagree with any of that to be honest Selby, but I'll never wish for another club to go bust because of all the fans affected by it. Rovers going to the wall would be awful for me, my family and all of us who post on here and who go to games, or even follow from further afield. We know what it's like to be sent into oblivion and nearly not have a club anymore, and I don't wish that on any of the fans of other clubs, Bolton and Bury included. The financial impropriety there is unquestionably disgraceful and what's led to that, but that is not the fault of fans of those clubs who are no different to any of us. So when I see people saying stuff them, let them go bust and all of that, it doesn't sit right with me because if the roles were reversed (again) I don't think we'd take too kindly to fans of other clubs saying that to us.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 27, 2019, 03:32:19 pm by drfchound »
RA, I don't wish for them to go bust but I don't have a problem with them being expelled from the league.
We went to the Conference and we came back stronger.
It wouldn't be the end of the road for them.

However, even if one of them did go to the wall I have no doubt that there would be a resurgence under a very closely resembling name.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012