Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 07:20:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The points from the Bolton game  (Read 44517 times)

foxbat

• VSC Member
Re: The points from the Bolton game
« Reply #240 on September 09, 2019, 04:20:27 pm by foxbat »
easiest course , line of least resistance ,for EFL, is to re-arrange game and ignore DRFC

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #241 on September 09, 2019, 04:22:34 pm by IDM »
Why is it easiest to arrange the game.?

That would mean new arrangements being put in place for team travel, all sorts of stadium management and stewarding at Bolton, programme printing, referee appointments etc..

The easiest thing to do is to declare the fixture to be forfeit and award us a default victory..
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:30:42 pm by IDM »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #242 on September 09, 2019, 04:31:06 pm by foxbat »
but Bolton would play hell about that , along with lots of other League 1 teams. DRFC bleating will be considered a doddle by comparison.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #243 on September 09, 2019, 04:32:01 pm by IDM »
Tough.. Bolton didn’t play our fixture, nowt to do with the other clubs..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #244 on September 09, 2019, 04:35:19 pm by scawsby steve »
We all agree with you IDM, but we also know it's not going to happen. We'll have to reschedule the match, that's the reality of the situation.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #245 on September 09, 2019, 04:49:05 pm by foxbat »
Exactly , not my preferred outcome , only my expectation.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #246 on September 09, 2019, 04:52:49 pm by The Red Baron »
Why is it easiest to arrange the game.?

That would mean new arrangements being put in place for team travel, all sorts of stadium management and stewarding at Bolton, programme printing, referee appointments etc..

The easiest thing to do is to declare the fixture to be forfeit and award us a default victory..

I actually think that by awarding Rovers the points and not having the game played in the future, the EFL would be in effect giving Bolton a financial penalty. They would not get the revenue from the match.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #247 on September 09, 2019, 04:53:27 pm by nortikorner »
Did they not agree that they could fulfil all there fixture for 2019/2020 season before the fixtures where published
The outcome for failing there fixtures is forfeit  the game or explusion from the league

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #248 on September 09, 2019, 05:04:34 pm by IDM »
We all agree with you IDM, but we also know it's not going to happen. We'll have to reschedule the match, that's the reality of the situation.

Thing is, we don’t know that.  You/we may suspect that would be the likely outcome, but no one knows for certain..

Unless the EFL has made a statement I have missed.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #249 on September 09, 2019, 05:06:14 pm by drfchound »
Didn’t someone post a few days ago that the EFL were likely to make a statement on this sooner rather than later, maybe Hoden in the FP.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #250 on September 09, 2019, 05:10:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
Didn’t someone post a few days ago that the EFL were likely to make a statement on this sooner rather than later, maybe Hoden in the FP.

It was reporter on radio Sheffield who said it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #251 on September 09, 2019, 05:12:17 pm by drfchound »

Cheers Steve, I thought I had heard it somewhere.
I wonder how long “sooner rather than later” will turn out to be.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #252 on September 09, 2019, 05:31:34 pm by scawsby steve »

Thing is, we don’t know that.  You/we may suspect that would be the likely outcome, but no one knows for certain..

Unless the EFL has made a statement I have missed.?

Of course we don't know for certain, but when have the EFL ever given a sh*t about us? I've learnt in this life to manage my expectations.

The EFL haven't even shown any expedience on this issue, which shows how much they care about us.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #253 on September 09, 2019, 07:25:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I suspect one reason for their delay is due to checking conflicting legal angles, eg whatever DRFC have said, the bottom line from the EFL rules and regs, and what any other club may be able to do later if we finish above them and make the play offs with 3 points having been awarded.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #254 on September 09, 2019, 07:31:55 pm by drfchound »
I suspect one reason for their delay is due to checking conflicting legal angles, eg whatever DRFC have said, the bottom line from the EFL rules and regs, and what any other club may be able to do later if we finish above them and make the play offs with 3 points having been awarded.

Mmmmm, but what if they don’t award us the points (for a match we would probably have won) and we dip out on the play off because of that.
It wasn’t the fault of DRFC that Bolton decided not to play the game.
Whatever people do to try to deny us getting the points, it was unreasonable of Bolton to cancel the match themselves without permission.

You know what, I bet that if they had contacted us to say they had problems then I reckon our club would have said they had no objections to calling the game off.
We are that type of club.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #255 on September 09, 2019, 08:04:19 pm by selby »
  The legal side is definitely with us as I see it. a precedent was made last season with the same club Bolton not fulfilling a fixture and the points being awarded to Brentford with a goal difference of one.
   That side of the conundrum has been settled before last season. What penalty Bolton have to pay because of their situation has not yet been resolved, and I would imagine will be resolved at the same time as any penalty on their approach to not fulfilling the fixture against ourselves, which was not postponed by any independent authority connected to the EfL,(referee or officials connected to the EFL) but the administrators of Bolton Wanderers who were running them at the time with the EFL's blessing, because they could not field a team at the time of the fixture.
  I have never Known any team, even at local football level, not to pay a financial penalty, as well as forfeiting the game and the points awarded to the opposition,  of a fixture they have failed to fulfil.
  In my opinion we should be awarded the three points, by what goal margin 1 or 5 makes not a lot of difference although the norm at local level is usually 3.
  If the game had been at Doncaster, as in an international game just a couple of seasons ago, we would have been in our rights to kick off the game with the officials, walk the ball into the goal and claim the game for the opposition not turning up.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #256 on September 09, 2019, 08:31:49 pm by idler »
If we end up having to play the game make Bolton forfeit the gate receipts to us. They could end up with thousands more there than at the original fixture.
Why should they pocket the extra cash after their actions?
Alternatively give us the entire away end tickets free of charge.
Or am I just being childish?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #257 on September 09, 2019, 08:41:22 pm by bpoolrover »
If we end up having to play the game make Bolton forfeit the gate receipts to us. They could end up with thousands more there than at the original fixture.
Why should they pocket the extra cash after their actions?
Alternatively give us the entire away end tickets free of charge.
Or am I just being childish?
problem is it’s different owners now than when the 1 st game was due to be played so doubt they would consider it

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #258 on September 09, 2019, 08:52:49 pm by Dutch Uncle »
If the match were to be re-scheduled then I suggest it would have to be soon and only players eligible for the first match should be allowed to play in the second.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #259 on September 09, 2019, 10:33:05 pm by Campsall rover »
If the match were to be re-scheduled then I suggest it would have to be soon and only players eligible for the first match should be allowed to play in the second.
As I have said previously to this suggestion DU i don’t think there is the remotest chance of that happening. Not a prayer.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #260 on September 10, 2019, 07:45:08 am by Dutch Uncle »
Unfortunately I completely agree Campsall.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #261 on September 10, 2019, 07:49:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Which is more reason to award us the points for the fixture they decided not to fulfill!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #262 on September 10, 2019, 07:53:07 am by selby »
  I will be gob smacked if we are not awarded the points by a small goal margin in the first place, and even more so if we accept any other decision without legally challenging it if not.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #263 on September 10, 2019, 08:10:49 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
If they don't it will be the wrong decision and judging by Gavins comments at the meet the owners, the club are ready to challenge it.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #264 on September 10, 2019, 08:16:03 am by PDX_Rover »
If one team decides not to turn up, then the game is forfeit. Simple as that. End of story. If they allow Bolton to decide whether they will play or not, ignoring the correct channels, it sets a   dangerous precedent. The rule is clear and needs to be enforced. Forfeit the game. Points awarded to opposition. 3-0 victory.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #265 on September 10, 2019, 08:16:31 am by idler »
There are 23 teams in the league.
1 team wants the points in respect of the cavalier way in which it was postponed against all rules.
1 team wants it replayed when they have a stronger side.
21 teams want it replayed to deny us three free points in their own interest.
I wonder who the EFL will disappoint?
There's only one team going to be disappointed. Us, as it's the easiest option with the least fall out.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #266 on September 10, 2019, 08:49:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
There are 23 teams in the league.
1 team wants the points in respect of the cavalier way in which it was postponed against all rules.
1 team wants it replayed when they have a stronger side.
21 teams want it replayed to deny us three free points in their own interest.
I wonder who the EFL will disappoint?
There's only one team going to be disappointed. Us, as it's the easiest option with the least fall out.

The other 21 teams were not scheduled to play them that night.
The other 21 teams were not preparing in training to play them.
The other 21 teams had not made travel arrangements to go to Bolton.
The other 21 teams were not inconvenienced and had to cancel those arrangements.
The other 21 teams did not have to contact the EFL urgently to find out what the hell was going on.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #267 on September 10, 2019, 08:50:09 am by Campsall rover »

Cheers Steve, I thought I had heard it somewhere.
I wonder how long “sooner rather than later” will turn out to be.
That line came from me hound.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #268 on September 10, 2019, 08:58:40 am by Campsall rover »
If one team decides not to turn up, then the game is forfeit. Simple as that. End of story. If they allow Bolton to decide whether they will play or not, ignoring the correct channels, it sets a   dangerous precedent. The rule is clear and needs to be enforced. Forfeit the game. Points awarded to opposition. 3-0 victory.
Exactly what i have been saying in at least half a dozen posts since 20th Aug.
Only difference is i have not mentioned the number of goals we should be awarded.
If we get 3 then if that’s the protocol ok with it.
We may well have got more if we had played but we will never know will we what the score line would have been. It’s irrelevant.
Bolton cancelled. Bolton forfeit the game.
End of End of End of.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #269 on September 10, 2019, 08:59:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
RS reported that a tweet from someone at the EFL said they hope it will be dealt with “In days rather than weeks"

I saw the same tweet later on Facebook and it was communicated last Monday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012