Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 03:25:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The points from the Bolton game  (Read 44481 times)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
Re: The points from the Bolton game
« Reply #300 on September 10, 2019, 01:48:11 pm by drfcsteve »
Does anyone know, who would one appeal to should they disagree with a decision made by the EFL?

If the answer, as I fear, is no one, this essentially leaves the EFL to make up the rules as they go along.

In which case, when people speak of legal action, what law would the EFL have broken if they do not take the course of action that I think we all agree they should?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #301 on September 10, 2019, 02:07:38 pm by Drover »
I know this is the FAI but hopefully the EFL will be thinking along the same lines.

https://www.extratime.ie/articles/16856/fai-severely-punish-athlone-for-failure-to-fulfill-fixture/
So they might make Bolton play the game at the Keepmoat.
That would be a novelty 2 home league games against the same team in the same season.
Can’t see it myself but hey, what the heck do i know.

Dutch has that happened before, maybe in different circumstances of course?

Very interesting question Campsall, and I can't recall anything at the moment. As you suggest there are other possible circumstances like a ground being out of action for some time (e.g. Carlisle with flooding not so long ago) or ground sharing although I can't recall any ground sharing of two clubs in the same league. I am sure there are many examples when a ground is temporarily out of action when home games are played elsewhere, but the norm is to play at a ground nearby the affected club. Maybe there was a local derby sometime when there was a ground switch in those circumstances. Of course there have been many switches in cup games with the smaller club giving up home advantage to the larger for a bigger crowd and pay day. 

Of course it happens regularly as a matter of course in the Scottish leagues and the Northern Ireland premier league, and is it the Scilly Isles (we have a poster on here who knows well) who have only two teams who play each other multiple times.

Im sure it has happened in the past,but cannot think when or who.Regards groundshare,did Wimbledon ever play Palace in same league at the time?

Brilliant Drover.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wimbledon moved to Selhurst Park in 1991 and played Palace in the Premier League in 1992-93, 1994-95 and 1997-98 and in the then Division 1 in 2001-02 and 2002-03. They were in the Milton Keynes ground for 2003-04.
Thanks Dutch,after thinking about it longer,it's all come back to me.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #302 on September 10, 2019, 05:32:03 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Does anyone know, who would one appeal to should they disagree with a decision made by the EFL?

If the answer, as I fear, is no one, this essentially leaves the EFL to make up the rules as they go along.

In which case, when people speak of legal action, what law would the EFL have broken if they do not take the course of action that I think we all agree they should?

A very pertinent point. Who/how can ‘a group or body’ take any action against the EFL?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #303 on September 10, 2019, 05:45:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

A very pertinent point. Who/how can ‘a group or body’ take any action against the EFL?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_action     ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #304 on September 10, 2019, 05:48:27 pm by silent majority »

You can't. The EFL is essentially 72 clubs (now 71) working collectively. The EFL board are there simply as a competition organiser, and all rules and rule changes are agreed each summer at the EFL AGM. That means the EFL can't make up it's rules as they go along. They can interpret them if they so wish, but invariably it will amount to consensus in the long run.

It would be a bit strange for one of those member clubs to go into battle with the rest. However, that's been tried or threatened on a couple of occasions but so far has never gained traction.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #305 on September 10, 2019, 05:55:41 pm by drfcsteve »
Thanks SM.

So if it doesn't go our way, it seems the best course of action is to lobby the other member clubs for their support. Surely they as much as us wouldn't want a precedent to be set by Bolton.

Not an ideal system in my view as it does seem to boil down to which club has the most influence with the other clubs in the football league.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #306 on September 10, 2019, 06:15:04 pm by drfchound »

You can't. The EFL is essentially 72 clubs (now 71) working collectively. The EFL board are there simply as a competition organiser, and all rules and rule changes are agreed each summer at the EFL AGM. That means the EFL can't make up it's rules as they go along. They can interpret them if they so wish, but invariably it will amount to consensus in the long run.

It would be a bit strange for one of those member clubs to go into battle with the rest. However, that's been tried or threatened on a couple of occasions but so far has never gained traction.

Hi SM.
If it would be unusual for one club to go into battle against the rest, would that mean that should the other L1 clubs object to us being awarded the points for the Bolton game, would DRFC not contest if the EFL announce that the match at Bolton has to be played?

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #307 on September 10, 2019, 06:28:08 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
What about the court of arbitration for sport?

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #308 on September 10, 2019, 08:49:27 pm by A9 »
You would appeal a decision to the FA being the governing body.
League committees (or Board at EFL level) enforce the rules of the completion as set and agreed by member clubs. They have to use a charge to the team deemed at fault. The club respond, the league issue the punishment. The clubs involved can then appeal tat decision to the FA who would hear the case and use set criteria ie have the rules been correctly applied , does the punishment for the crime (where the rule has a sliding scale)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #309 on September 10, 2019, 09:51:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
Surely, we’re not still discussing this, are we?

Isn’t it quite simple - the game does not allow for any one team to decide whether it’s going to play a game, or not. Bolton did exactly that, so cancelled/forfeited. End of.

3 points to us. The only discussion is how big a win to the efl give us!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #310 on September 10, 2019, 10:04:17 pm by NickDRFC »
It’s going to be discussed until they make their decision. And probably for a long time after that if it’s the decision most people are expecting.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on September 10, 2019, 10:09:06 pm by PDX_Rover »
Ridiculous. It's obvious what the solution is. And yet...

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #312 on September 11, 2019, 08:37:02 am by Colin C No.3 »

Isn’t it quite simple - the game does not allow for any one team to decide whether it’s going to play a game, or not. Bolton did exactly that, so cancelled/forfeited. End of.

I admire your ‘certainty’ but doubt the EFL’s ability to see it with such ‘clarity’ hence the long drawn out, deafening silence, on a decision they’ve yet to make.

I get the impression they are in a situation in which they now feel the longer they keep silent, the more chance they have of the circumstances surrounding the cancelled fixture being ‘lost in the mists of time’ whereupon they then come out with a totally unsatisfactory decision for DRFC.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #313 on September 11, 2019, 09:20:35 am by Alan Southstand »
And yet, despite the passage of said time and numerous ramblings ever since, there is still the indisputable facts of the matter:

Bolton admin took the law into their own hands and cancelled a designated fixture
They did not officially inform either the EFL or their opponent

Those facts remain.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #314 on September 11, 2019, 10:21:20 am by jackthelad »
I do wonder how much longer this will drag on for.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #315 on September 11, 2019, 11:14:12 am by Axholme Lion »
Bolton are a joke and their attitude to other clubs stinks.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #316 on September 11, 2019, 11:36:08 am by Campsall rover »
Any such action taken against Bolton i.e., docking of points or/plus a financial penalty would be the equivalent of throwing stones at a burning building.
Exactly.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #317 on September 11, 2019, 11:55:35 am by Campsall rover »

You know that, i know that and the rest of us do.
But the EFL don’t think so or it would have been done immediately.
“A decision will be made in the next few days” That was 16 days ago wasn’t it? What is a few days?
It really is ridiculous. It’s a football BREXIT.  Paul don’t use the B words Brexit & Bolton.
Could this go on for years as well.   :facepalm:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 09:43:40 am by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #318 on September 11, 2019, 04:36:07 pm by drfchound »

You know that, i know that and the rest of us do.
But the EFL don’t think so or it would have been done immediately.
“A decision will be made in the next few days” That was 16 days ago wasn’t it? What is a few days?
It really is ridiculous. It’s a football BREXIT.  Paul don’t use the B word or words Brexit & Bolton.
Could this go on for years as well.   :facepalm:

Well, no it couldn’t.
One way or another it has to be sorted this season.
Either it is points awarded to us and Bolton and us have another number in the games “played” column or we end up playing them, otherwise them and us will have one less fixture completed than everyone else at the end of the season.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 04:53:27 pm by drfchound »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #319 on September 11, 2019, 04:52:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
I wrote to the EFL on August 31. Just received this email:

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your email, we note your query.

However, there is currently no further update in regards to the fixture you have mentioned below.

Any further comments will be made via efl.com in due course.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny

Supporter Services Department

EFL

What the hell is going on?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #320 on September 11, 2019, 04:57:12 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Probably they won't inform individual supporters until such time as the club(s) have been informed and a statement published on their website.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #321 on September 11, 2019, 05:13:21 pm by PDX_Rover »
Probably they won't inform individual supporters until such time as the club(s) have been informed and a statement published on their website.

I get that but how long does it take to figure this out? The facts are there.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on September 11, 2019, 06:28:28 pm by Colin C No.3 »
And yet, despite the passage of said time and numerous ramblings ever since, there is still the indisputable facts of the matter:

Bolton admin took the law into their own hands and cancelled a designated fixture
They did not officially inform either the EFL or their opponent

Those facts remain.
You’re preaching to the converted Alan, it’s the EFL that have turned a deaf ear. They’ve not even the common decency to reply to emails on the subject sent via their own portal.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #323 on September 11, 2019, 06:52:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You wonder whether they are under resourced and are struggling to deal with things behind the scenes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #324 on September 12, 2019, 09:45:43 am by Campsall rover »
I wrote to the EFL on August 31. Just received this email:

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your email, we note your query.

However, there is currently no further update in regards to the fixture you have mentioned below.

Any further comments will be made via efl.com in due course.

Thank you for contacting the EFL.

Kind Regards

Danny

Supporter Services Department

EFL

What the hell is going on?
Well lucky you, I haven’t received a reply to mine.  :crying:

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #325 on September 12, 2019, 10:31:50 am by Metalmicky »
Well according to this Bolton are preparing for a game against us....

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/training--wanderers-prepare-for-league-double-header/

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #326 on September 12, 2019, 10:34:45 am by Metalmicky »
Even a picture of one of our old boys....

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #327 on September 12, 2019, 10:37:35 am by Chris Black come back »

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/september/training--wanderers-prepare-for-league-double-header/

Think they have got us confused with Rotherham United, who they are playing on Saturday. Guess easy to confuse two clubs from industrial wastelands of South Yorkshire who play in red.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #328 on September 12, 2019, 10:47:59 am by Metalmicky »

Think they have got us confused with Rotherham United, who they are playing on Saturday. Guess easy to confuse two clubs from industrial wastelands of South Yorkshire who play in red.

They've just changed it............ got to laugh though - Freudian slip?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on September 12, 2019, 10:59:06 am by glosterred »

They've just changed it............ got to laugh though - Freudian slip?

Or has the EFL told them something that they haven’t told us yet?

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012