Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:56:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One deal  (Read 17188 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: One deal
« Reply #90 on September 02, 2019, 05:34:38 pm by dickos1 »
Predictable defensive drivel from people  who’ve been telling everyone to be patient all summer.

The summer has been a disaster.

Mccann replaced the two full backs, and since then we’ve signed one player and a bunch of loan signings. That after losing 8 first team players from last season
Moore wanted players but the club couldn’t provide them

Embarrassing

Penultimate sentence of course totally made up.

What possible evidence that the club couldn’t provide them?!?!

Last statement pointless too..

Embarrassing.??

It is embarrassing
The end of the season we lost most of our contracted first team players plus 3 important loan signings.

When mccann left, the squad was lightweight Moore even described it as a skeleton squad.

Yet two months on we have fewer contracted players than when he took over this skeleton squad

There is a difference between “disappointing” and “embarrassing”, isn’t there.?

Yes, but I’m certain it’s common for people to experience differing feelings?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on September 02, 2019, 05:34:52 pm by since-1969 »
Opinions are one thing but when the facts are clear that DM has been telling us nothing when selling our top scorer before failing getting any replacement in and now we’re left patching up a forward line with teenagers and   loans as well as  bringing in crocked centre back  and loans ANOTHER to replace him . Darren Moore is winging it and Saturday against Ipswich will show us what we have as potential.  What a F*** up !!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on September 02, 2019, 05:35:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
If Ennis and Sterling can get us promoted, does it matter that we do not own them? We didn’t own Wilks or Kane last season and they made the difference.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on September 02, 2019, 05:36:49 pm by IDM »
Opinions are one thing but when the facts are clear that DM has been telling us nothing when selling our top scorer before failing getting any replacement in and now we’re left patching up a forward line with teenagers and   loans as well as  bringing in crocked centre back  and loans ANOTHER to replace him . Darren Moore is winging it and Saturday against Ipswich will show us what we have as potential.  What a F*** up !!

Nobody is playing Ipswich on Saturday. We have Rotherham at home..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on September 02, 2019, 05:37:28 pm by since-1969 »
If Ennis and Sterling can get us promoted, does it matter that we do not own them? We didn’t own Wilks or Kane last season and they made the difference.
What have learned . Sell your best loan the rest !!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on September 02, 2019, 05:37:55 pm by sha66y »
Well, what an anticlimax today has turned out to be. No surprise there then!

I think that is subjective !
I’m very happy with how things are Thankyou very much!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on September 02, 2019, 05:38:06 pm by GazLaz »

If we don’t get promoted, which is massively odds on, it means quite a lot.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on September 02, 2019, 05:39:04 pm by Michael Shaw »
Just lower your expectations of what we will achieve this season and you will all be fine. We don't need a no 9 if we don't expect to be in the playoffs.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on September 02, 2019, 05:39:25 pm by sha66y »

The loans are good tho!

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on September 02, 2019, 05:39:29 pm by MrWoodySir »
You know, if it wasn’t for the serious real problems they have to deal with, I would start a thread with contact details for the Samaritans.

Yes it is disappointing being a player or two short, and I would favour a proper no 9..

But bleating about it on here and saying something’s wrong at the club isn’t going to help us beat Rotherham on Saturday is it.?
Last statement is pointless

No post on here will help us win against Rotherham.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on September 02, 2019, 05:40:23 pm by Lesonthewest »
Completely & utterly embarrassing, hit a bad patch & the attendances will drop like a stone, seems we are looking to Moore to make a silk purse from a pigs ear. For the first time ever I am contemplating picking & choosing the games I go to, shoot me down I don't care but this reminds me of many years ago when we sold to survive, sorry but at my age I haven't got the time & energy to go through it again. Well done Rovers, you get in a good manager & for whatever reason fail to get the business done.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on September 02, 2019, 05:40:40 pm by sha66y »
Just lower your expectations of what we will achieve this season and you will all be fine. We don't need a no 9 if we don't expect to be in the playoffs.

A lot didn’t have the same expectations as some.......that’s what makes this forum so funny.....

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on September 02, 2019, 05:41:46 pm by mushRTID »
We’ve only known since Christmas Marquis was likely to go. And even if anyone argues that, we’ve certainly known all f**king summer.

We are a shambles I’m afraid at times. Piss poor

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on September 02, 2019, 05:42:09 pm by the vicar »
it matters a lot if we get injurys with no one able to come in

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on September 02, 2019, 05:42:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
Completely & utterly embarrassing, hit a bad patch & the attendances will drop like a stone, seems we are looking to Moore to make a silk purse from a pigs ear. For the first time ever I am contemplating picking & choosing the games I go to, shoot me down I don't care but this reminds me of many years ago when we sold to survive, sorry but at my age I haven't got the time & energy to go through it again. Well done Rovers, you get in a good manager & for whatever reason fail to get the business done.

What if “whatever reason” is that the players that the manager wanted did not want to move?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on September 02, 2019, 05:43:07 pm by Copps is Magic »

The loans are good tho!

Two of the loans have made good starts. John arguably a very good start.

The rest we don't know enough about to pass judgement.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on September 02, 2019, 05:43:25 pm by Upton Rover »
Poor day in my eyes.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on September 02, 2019, 05:44:18 pm by sha66y »

Are you not happy that we are unbeaten so far, and the football is getting better....

A no9 is not a messiah !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on September 02, 2019, 05:44:36 pm by IDM »
You know, if it wasn’t for the serious real problems they have to deal with, I would start a thread with contact details for the Samaritans.

Yes it is disappointing being a player or two short, and I would favour a proper no 9..

But bleating about it on here and saying something’s wrong at the club isn’t going to help us beat Rotherham on Saturday is it.?
Last statement is pointless

No post on here will help us win against Rotherham.

No but the meaning is that despite any disappointment today shouldn’t we look towards the games coming up.?

Yes the situation isn’t great and fans have every right to be disappointed and critical, but some of the wording is over reaction, IMHO of course..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on September 02, 2019, 05:46:27 pm by drfchound »
I have a theory about Moore, may be completely wide of the mark, but I reckon that at West Brom he wasn't particularly involved in transfers - most likely just identified the players and that was it, the next steps were taken by other staff (given they have a significantly bigger team). Whereas here he is more involved, and his inexperience could be hampering him.

I could be completely wrong, but we've never seemed to have so many problems "getting deals over the line" in previous seasons despite the same team at board level - is the manager an issue?

I think Moore has made a great start on the football side so don't want to criticise him but it's difficult to argue that the transfer strategy this summer has been disastrous. Where the fault lies for that I don't know, but it is something that really needs looking at and improving.

Managers at big clubs don't even identify the players. The manager would say they type of player he wants and the recruitment guy does the hard work gets a list of 5 players and then the CEO sorts it out.

We had a head of recruitment under DF can't remember his name but is it a coincidence we signed the best set of permanent talent we've had for a while with that in place.

Head of recruitment was Russ Wilcox.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on September 02, 2019, 05:46:37 pm by glosterred »
If players won’t sign we cannot make them.

COYR

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on September 02, 2019, 05:47:26 pm by redarmy82 »

COYR

How do other clubs do it?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on September 02, 2019, 05:49:27 pm by glosterred »

COYR

How do other clubs do it?

Don’t know, ask them not me

COYR

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on September 02, 2019, 05:49:36 pm by the vicar »
Because they pay a good wage for a good day's work

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on September 02, 2019, 05:51:21 pm by dickos1 »
Still can’t believe people are still rambling on the same nonsense they have all summer.

The squad as it is now is nothing like a top 6 squad.
If we get a couple of injuries we’re in a mess, if Stirling or Ennis get injured we’ve got kiwomya 🤷🏼‍♂️

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on September 02, 2019, 05:51:29 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I have a theory about Moore, may be completely wide of the mark, but I reckon that at West Brom he wasn't particularly involved in transfers - most likely just identified the players and that was it, the next steps were taken by other staff (given they have a significantly bigger team). Whereas here he is more involved, and his inexperience could be hampering him.

I could be completely wrong, but we've never seemed to have so many problems "getting deals over the line" in previous seasons despite the same team at board level - is the manager an issue?

I think Moore has made a great start on the football side so don't want to criticise him but it's difficult to argue that the transfer strategy this summer has been disastrous. Where the fault lies for that I don't know, but it is something that really needs looking at and improving.

Managers at big clubs don't even identify the players. The manager would say they type of player he wants and the recruitment guy does the hard work gets a list of 5 players and then the CEO sorts it out.

We had a head of recruitment under DF can't remember his name but is it a coincidence we signed the best set of permanent talent we've had for a while with that in place.

Head of recruitment was Russ Wilcox.

Could do with him back. But to be fair for some perspective Whiteman, Mason and Anderson were all loans before we got them. Just can't remember the last time we had so many loan players one of them won't even make the bench.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on September 02, 2019, 05:52:27 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Still can’t believe people are still rambling on the same nonsense they have all summer.

The squad as it is now is nothing like a top 6 squad.
If we get a couple of injuries we’re in a mess, if Stirling or Ennis get injured we’ve got kiwomya 🤷🏼‍♂️

To be fair that was the same last season. Arguably we've two strikers now and only one last season. I get what your saying though

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on September 02, 2019, 05:57:28 pm by sha66y »
Samaritans : 01302-327474
Child line.  : 0800-1111

Extra staff drafted in at 17.01 ...... go on ....ya know ya wanna!

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on September 02, 2019, 05:59:21 pm by Donnybax »

god forbid people have an opinion on football and have the absolute cheek to post it in a football forum.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on September 02, 2019, 06:00:45 pm by dickos1 »

Thanks If I have to read any more of your drivel I’ll be needing those

TinyPortal © 2005-2012