Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:24:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lawlor  (Read 5325 times)

Robbo

• Forum Member
Lawlor
« on September 07, 2019, 02:51:14 pm by Robbo »
I’m very happy with that especially our second half performance BUT Lawlor needs to command his box more. He wasn’t as good as Rotherham’s no 2 goalie I’m afraid. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Lawlor
« Reply #1 on September 07, 2019, 02:55:11 pm by Chris Black come back »
Still suspect.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 07, 2019, 02:56:33 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
But what did he have to do? He was beaten by a free kick where he expected a touch and it didn't get one, it happens. Their keeper had saves to make, which made him look better

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 07, 2019, 02:58:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Good shot stopper and great distribution but suspect under high balls in box. Still young mind.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 07, 2019, 03:36:26 pm by karldew »
For me he never did anything wrong today. Did as good as any other keeper would of done, just for the fact he didn’t really have anything to do..

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 07, 2019, 03:43:01 pm by Robbo »
He was very lucky Blackpool didn’t have a shot on target, so yep he had nothing to do. The one cross on target ended up in our net. Work that one out. He has to be a good shot stopper because he’s rooted to his line most of the time. Could do better on his school report.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 07, 2019, 03:43:39 pm by graingrover »
His performance does not warrant a specific thread to criticise him that’s for sure ..even if he has not yet learned to take full advantage of his height and frame for crosses .He has had only 5 games with this new back four and as the season unfolds the understanding between them in dealing with crosses and free kicks like today’s wIll improve .

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 07, 2019, 03:46:37 pm by jmt23 »
The problem he had was getting involved with the number 4, who bent over into him at every corner. It is clear obstruction and needs the Lino to help out.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 07, 2019, 03:47:59 pm by Robbo »
Well I don’t criticise often, but he has had plenty of time to gel and get to know the players. Just accept he is not comfortable- unfortunately- to come out and command his area.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 07, 2019, 03:48:16 pm by karldew »
He was very lucky Blackpool didn’t have a shot on target, so yep he had nothing to do. The one cross on target ended up in our net. Work that one out. He has to be a good shot stopper because he’s rooted to his line most of the time. Could do better on his school report.

It was Rotherham not Blackpool.

It happens to the best of keepers where a ball bounces, everyone misses and it goes in. It’s not the first or last time this will happen in football.

A thread on his performance today is unfair.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 07, 2019, 03:49:26 pm by wabtec »
ball went straight across lawler the very same thing happened at Rochdale,he watches the man instead of the ball,he hardly ever comes off his line.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 07, 2019, 03:51:00 pm by drfchound »

Here was me thinking we had played Rotherham today.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 07, 2019, 03:53:07 pm by andysly »
Here was me thinking we’d had a reyt afternoon and then somebody finds a grumble.

Mark Lyall

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 07, 2019, 03:54:31 pm by Mark Lyall »
Here's me thinking we had beaten Rotherscum today, all all some people can do is criticise and pick faults , FFS smile enjoy the weekend

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 07, 2019, 03:56:13 pm by drfchound »
Here was me thinking we’d had a reyt afternoon and then somebody finds a grumble.
Here's me thinking we had beaten Rotherscum today, all all some people can do is criticise and pick faults , FFS smile enjoy the weekend

I think you two need to lighten up lads.

Why look to make a point of having a pop at an obvious tongue in cheek comment.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 07, 2019, 03:57:02 pm by Robbo »
Here was me thinking this was a forum to express your views.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 07, 2019, 03:58:07 pm by andyst79 »
It's harsh to criticise as the free kick was a quality delivery the lad had a decent left foot on him. However the back four all held a decent line on the edge of the 18 yard box but Lawlors starting point should be the 6 yard box but he's glued to his line. I noticed this was the case on a few free kicks. To be fair for the corners the 6 yard box was loaded out and they had a man on him.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 07, 2019, 04:06:28 pm by The Beast »
His distribution was brilliant today! Couldn’t really tell if the free-kick got a touch or not, always hard to know what to do with balls in like that, I thought Rotherham might have caused us more problems than they did from set pieces with the size of their side today. Their keeper was quality!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 07, 2019, 04:10:02 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The problem he had was getting involved with the number 4, who bent over into him at every corner. It is clear obstruction and needs the Lino to help out.

The only thing that west stand lino  saw all game was the coke bottle some numpty threw onto the pitch

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 07, 2019, 04:17:47 pm by drfchound »
Here was me thinking this was a forum to express your views.

It is Robbo and I expressed a view that we had played Rotherham.
You thought we had played Blackpool so we both thought differently.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 07, 2019, 04:32:56 pm by Robbo »
Yep sorry hound I can’t multitask as I’m watching Coventry v Blackpool and had Blackpool stuck in my mind as well as sight. Marosi according to the commentary has been nominated as Coventry’s player of the month. 🤨 Husband playing well for Blackpool.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 07, 2019, 04:34:49 pm by drfchound »
Yep sorry hound I can’t multitask as I’m watching Coventry v Blackpool and had Blackpool stuck in my mind as well as sight. Marosi according to the commentary has been nominated as Coventry’s player of the month. 🤨 Husband playing well for Blackpool.

Ha, no worries mate. 👍

Glad Marco is doing well, I always rated him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 07, 2019, 05:02:08 pm by drfchound »
Just seen what a balls up Blackpool have made of their game.
Two up and lost 3-2.
Hope that has burst their bubble.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 07, 2019, 05:22:57 pm by Campsall rover »
It's harsh to criticise as the free kick was a quality delivery the lad had a decent left foot on him. However the back four all held a decent line on the edge of the 18 yard box but Lawlors starting point should be the 6 yard box but he's glued to his line. I noticed this was the case on a few free kicks. To be fair for the corners the 6 yard box was loaded out and they had a man on him.
A man on him. That’s one way of putting it. Blatant obstruction with the only intention of stopping Lawlor moving. What the .... are the refs and linesmen doing. Nothing. When is something going to get done about set piece penalty area man handling. FA & EFL need to wake up to this.
It’s farcical and embarrassing watching footballers use Rugby tactics.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 07, 2019, 05:25:14 pm by mjg »
Could be worse , we could still have marosi who only time he left his line he made a mistake

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 07, 2019, 05:35:12 pm by IDM »
Harsh that..

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 07, 2019, 05:43:16 pm by mjg »
Not at all 🤣

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on September 07, 2019, 05:48:35 pm by since-1969 »
I’m very happy with that especially our second half performance BUT Lawlor needs to command his box more. He wasn’t as good as Rotherham’s no 2 goalie I’m afraid.
Not so Rotherham had more to do that’s all . He nearly gave away 2 goals because of him not paying attention at back passes .

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 07, 2019, 06:19:24 pm by coventryrover »
What is it with donny folk and criticising even when we win.   He did nothing wrong today.  Hes a good keeper    nothing to see here

cookie279

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 07, 2019, 06:26:03 pm by cookie279 »
I think he had a bad game, and the defense let him know he was not telling them what to do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012