Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 10:45:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergie  (Read 11597 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Fergie
« Reply #30 on September 22, 2019, 07:30:02 am by graingrover »
Visca Donçalona!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 22, 2019, 07:38:15 am by Donnywolf »
Talked about Maddison controlling the game! Not the same Maddison I saw and rate a lot, he spent most of the game with his hands on hips and body language saying "I'm not happy or don't wanna be here". Only played the way we know him for in last 15mins!?

Apart from diving and doing that massive "scream" when tackled Maddison did nowt till Copps went off

Mine to see our ex Manager (I tried never to use the F word even when he was our Manager) squirming after such a pasting

I thought we were nowt short of comprehensive and with taken chances could have really run riot score wise as well

I thought coming home it could not have been better but then knowing he is gutted has put the icing on my cake for the weekend. Gracious in defeat ? Nah - so for me get in there !

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 22, 2019, 07:53:04 am by Alan Southstand »
“at times, we made Doncaster look like Barcelona”

Ridiculous thing to say, by Fergie, we were so much better than them!

We’ve now got come up with a song that includes us being like Barcelona!

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 22, 2019, 07:57:55 am by mjg »
He can spend all the money he wants , he will fail because he’s a rubbish manager

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 22, 2019, 08:03:12 am by mjg »
Glad he’s not our manager any Moore

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 22, 2019, 09:01:49 am by deebee »
But Moore is our manager (or did you mean more).?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 22, 2019, 09:02:29 am by IDM »
Thought Marquis was back for us today, the number of chances we missed when it was easier to score!

Apart from the Whiteman one on one, I don’t remember many chances that were easier to score than miss?

There were 4, maybe 5 shots where the players had a bit more time on the ball, where the shots were too high.. Whiteman has several.

It may sound over critical after a great win, but he really should have scored that one wher he hit the post..

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 22, 2019, 09:12:55 am by i_ateallthepies »
What happened to the Whitman with the shooting boots on?  Don't remember a single decent hit he's made this season, yet and he's hit plenty.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 22, 2019, 09:42:21 am by Campsall rover »
Thought Marquis was back for us today, the number of chances we missed when it was easier to score!
Your Marquis bashing is totally unwarranted. Look at his record with us.
One of our most prolific goal scorers over 3 a year period in our history.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 03:07:50 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 22, 2019, 10:48:34 am by drfchound »
What happened to the Whitman with the shooting boots on?  Don't remember a single decent hit he's made this season, yet and he's hit plenty.

He had two good efforts against Blackpool in the second half.
A right footer from about 16 or 17 yards that the keeper tipped round the post ( goal kick given) and a left footer from around 22 yards that swerved at the last moment and was a whisker wide.

Otherwise, yes I agree with you, he is not putting his boot through the ball and is hitting shots with the instep, lacking in power and usually too high.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 22, 2019, 11:07:55 am by Reesielad »
https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=17148

It seems their fans mirror their manager, not one admits to being outplayed by the better team. Infact they point out that we’re a poor to average side. They are also moaning about their lack of striker options, they needed that reality check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 22, 2019, 11:08:26 am by pib »
In the battle of the Darren’s, Mr Moore totally out-thought Mr Ferguson yesterday.

Anybody in the world of football who has ever watched a Ferguson team could’ve told you how he would set them up yesterday. Narrow. Narrow. Narrow.

Moore set us up perfectly to exploit that. First half we cut out pretty much everything they had to offer as it was all squeezed within the middle of the pitch. It looked like Peterborough’s plan was to push the full backs high up and get them involved, but they couldn’t because our central players did a job on their midfield, and on the odd occasion they did manage to get the ball wide, we had two on one each time as our wide men and full backs doubled up.

You could see the typical Angry Ferguson double half-time sub coming a mile off. They tried a 442 and later 352 but it was obvious they’d been totally out-done at that point so they resorted to punting it long for Toney.

Great job DM and Rovers, and two great goals too!

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 22, 2019, 11:58:46 am by South East Rover »

Apart from the Whiteman one on one, I don’t remember many chances that were easier to score than miss?

Copps was easier to score than miss.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on September 22, 2019, 12:06:50 pm by IDM »
The early one.? No I disagree, came to Copps really quickly and he stuck out a foot.  A slightly different angle on his foot and it’s in the corner of the net..  fine margins..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 22, 2019, 12:47:14 pm by roversdude »
Loving the comments on Posh forum, we (and in particular Sadlier) seem to have really got under their skin
Bless em

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 22, 2019, 01:49:56 pm by NewDonny »
We made Doncaster look like Barcelona 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Stop kidding yourself Darren, we were so much better than you, be thankful it was n’t 4 or 5 😀😀😀

Classless the lot of them, from the Chairman, through the Director of football Barry Fry right down to the manager, I mean what Chairman and his director go on social media and call a player from another club a W*****, unbelievable. Horrible people who got their comeuppance yesterday.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 22, 2019, 02:11:14 pm by RedJ »
Loving the comments on Posh forum, we (and in particular Sadlier) seem to have really got under their skin
Bless em

I wonder if the sponsors chose Sadlier as MoM just to irritate the shite out of the away fans, on top of him having a fantastic game of course.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 22, 2019, 02:21:16 pm by RoversAlias »
Sadlier was never going to miss once he got beyond that defender yesterday. I just knew he was going to score. He's clearly massively motivated to stick it to Peterborough and has done it superbly in both games against them for us. In front of their fans too. He was superb yesterday.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 22, 2019, 03:08:44 pm by Spud »
https://londonroad.net/Forum/showthread.php?tid=17148

It seems their fans mirror their manager, not one admits to being outplayed by the better team. Infact they point out that we’re a poor to average side. They are also moaning about their lack of striker options, they needed that reality check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great read, cheers 😂

Amazed how a few post that Toney gave 100%, never stopped trying, really???
Looks bone idle to me half the time, keep him.
Oh and keep Fergie too, so glad he's not here anymore, clueless, as others have said

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on September 22, 2019, 04:11:33 pm by roversdude »
Saw Sadlier before the game and said stick one away to really wind them up

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 22, 2019, 05:08:45 pm by mjg »
It was meant as a joke , tut

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 22, 2019, 06:27:12 pm by glosterred »

Stop kidding yourself Darren, we were so much better than you, be thankful it was n’t 4 or 5 😀😀😀

Classless the lot of them, from the Chairman, through the Director of football Barry Fry right down to the manager, I mean what Chairman and his director go on social media and call a player from another club a W*****, unbelievable. Horrible people who got their comeuppance yesterday.

Must be a lot of classless fans at Rovers cos I’m sure I’ve heard our fans call opposition players exactly the same, or does that not count?

COYR

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 22, 2019, 06:30:58 pm by RedJ »

Must be a lot of classless fans at Rovers cos I’m sure I’ve heard our fans call opposition players exactly the same, or does that not count?

COYR

Fans are a bit different to the men at the top of the club you've just beaten, don't you think?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on September 22, 2019, 06:33:14 pm by adamtherover »

COYR
a fan in the stadium.in the middle of the game is in no way the same as the owner of a club slagging players off on Twitter!!!!!   Not in the same universe!!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 22, 2019, 06:33:29 pm by IDM »

COYR

Yes it is different.  A club owner/chairman should not be saying such things, in public, about an opposing player..

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on September 22, 2019, 06:34:03 pm by glosterred »

COYR

Fans are a bit different to the men at the top of the club you've just beaten, don't you think?

No not really, if we’re getting upset about someone calling one of our players a name, irrespective of who it is, then we shouldn’t be calling opposition players the same.

COYR

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on September 22, 2019, 06:37:17 pm by IDM »
No you are not getting the point.  Someone in a position of authority at a football club cannot speak in public like that..

In the same way a manager gets into trouble for criticising a referee.  He or she can’t say what we can say on a forum about how bad the officials were, without risking a fine..

That’s the difference.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 22, 2019, 06:41:05 pm by RedJ »
No you are not getting the point.  Someone in a position of authority at a football club cannot speak in public like that..

In the same way a manager gets into trouble for criticising a referee.  He or she can’t say what we can say on a forum about how bad the officials were, without risking a fine..

That’s the difference.

This. You wouldn't see a higher up at Tesco go calling a cafe worker in Morrisons a Kitson on his social media cos his coffee was a bit too milky would you?

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 22, 2019, 06:43:15 pm by NewDonny »

That’s the difference.

Exactly!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 22, 2019, 06:51:10 pm by glosterred »

That’s the difference.

So what fine did he receive? Was he actually charged by the EFL? If we don’t like it we shouldn’t abuse the opposition ourselves.

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012