Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 10:55:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fergie  (Read 11598 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Fergie
« Reply #60 on September 22, 2019, 07:08:18 pm by Jonathan »
MacAnthony is a prat. Full of it on Twitter when it suits him, like when we lost in the playoffs, but he’s been strangely quiet since yesterday’s game. Interesting to see comments on their forum suggesting he influences team selection. Says it all about the ego at play really.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 22, 2019, 07:24:35 pm by IDM »
No you are not getting the point.  Someone in a position of authority at a football club cannot speak in public like that..

In the same way a manager gets into trouble for criticising a referee.  He or she can’t say what we can say on a forum about how bad the officials were, without risking a fine..

That’s the difference.

So what fine did he receive? Was he actually charged by the EFL? If we don’t like it we shouldn’t abuse the opposition ourselves.

COYR

I don’t think he was, despite his tweet being forwarded to the EFL.  Perhaps because this was his own twitter account and not a club one.

For what it is worth, other than in the heat of the moment during a game, I would rarely use such language about a player anyway..

I think I may have called Madison a cheating get on here, after his antics yesterday, and I have a few choice words about a few managers and referees.

But then again I’m not representing DRFC in any capacity.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 22, 2019, 07:26:34 pm by Retdon1 »
Wow not 1 comment that we were a good side... they seem a team full of arrogant Pric*ks, same as their owner/manger and now it seems fans too

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 22, 2019, 07:34:23 pm by Nudga »
Think we need some kind of Donny Bob challenge for the return leg, turn Posh red.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 22, 2019, 08:04:37 pm by NewDonny »
No you are not getting the point.  Someone in a position of authority at a football club cannot speak in public like that..

In the same way a manager gets into trouble for criticising a referee.  He or she can’t say what we can say on a forum about how bad the officials were, without risking a fine..

That’s the difference.

So what fine did he receive? Was he actually charged by the EFL? If we don’t like it we shouldn’t abuse the opposition ourselves.

COYR

Are you deliberately missing the point here?!

WE are not Chairman or Directors of an EFL side, just fans so we are free to air our feelings in public, whether we choose to do so or not is down to us, most of us might do something at the heat of the moment and/or if pushed. However in this instance, the Chairman and his Director of an opposition EFL One side calling one of our players a W***** when they are in a position of responsibility as directors of an EFL club is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 09:00:46 pm by NewDonny »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on September 22, 2019, 08:05:07 pm by drfchound »
Think we need some kind of Donny Bob challenge for the return leg, turn Posh red.

Well as it is on Boxing Day I suppose Santa might turn up in his red suit.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on September 22, 2019, 08:36:49 pm by Reesielad »

That’s the difference.

COYR

Are you deliberately missing the point here?!

WE are not Chairman or Directors of an EFL side, just fans so we are free to air our feelings in public, whether we choose to do so or not is down to us, most of us might do something at the hat of the moment or if pushed. However in this instance, the Chairman and his Director of an opposition EFL One side calling one of our players a W***** when they are in a position of responsibility as directors of an EFL club is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Just have to point out, it’s not actually Barry Fry, it’s a parody account with not many followers. I agree though the chairman is in the wrong for airing his opinion in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on September 22, 2019, 08:41:44 pm by RedJ »
Wonder when dickos will make an appearance to defend his hero?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 22, 2019, 09:24:36 pm by glosterred »
You’re all missing the point, the point is that it should be unacceptable for anyone to use that language against someone else. But if we the fans use it against opposition players, or even our own, we do not have the right to criticise others when they do. And it doesn’t matter if it is a fellow fan, or a chairman, or even a parody account.

COYR

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 22, 2019, 09:43:47 pm by NewDonny »
You’re all missing the point, the point is that it should be unacceptable for anyone to use that language against someone else. But if we the fans use it against opposition players, or even our own, we do not have the right to criticise others when they do. And it doesn’t matter if it is a fellow fan, or a chairman, or even a parody account.

COYR

:suicide:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on September 22, 2019, 10:29:53 pm by IDM »

COYR

No.  Read my analogy about managers and referees..

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on September 23, 2019, 01:09:24 am by Bessie Red »
The early one.? No I disagree, came to Copps really quickly and he stuck out a foot.  A slightly different angle on his foot and it’s in the corner of the net..  fine margins..
I think your being a little too kind to Copps there IDM.  He could have took a touch first and still had time to set himself, there was no-one near him. Unusual for him but he snatched at the attempt rather than his normal composed manner!!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 23, 2019, 01:12:41 am by Bessie Red »

That’s the difference.

COYR
Keep quiet man you've lost the argument!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 23, 2019, 01:17:53 am by Bessie Red »
Back to Peterborough, they are all suited to each other really. Ferguson, Fry and the Chairman have absolutely zero class, and the signing of Mason proves it.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 23, 2019, 05:10:25 am by roversdude »
Surely that is bringing the game into disrepute

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 23, 2019, 07:31:17 am by Big MAC »
 Jon Taylor had a couple, got into a great position and blazed it over the bar instead of sticking it into a corner. Didn’t matter today though and he played well to get into the position to do so.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 23, 2019, 08:04:58 am by drfchound »
That run into the box by a Taylor, before he shot over the bar, was brilliant and at full pace too.
Ennis played his part by making a run to drag a CB out of the way but Taylor really snatched at the shot.
A bit more composure needed and he could have picked his spot instead of just smashing the ball as hard as possible.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on September 23, 2019, 08:43:32 am by Chris Black come back »
Those three are superb - Copps, Taylor and Sadlier. All have freedom to play guaranteed by Whiteman and Sheaf.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 23, 2019, 09:43:59 am by nortikorner »
Should KICK IT OUT  look into there Owner Comments

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 23, 2019, 09:48:22 am by NickDRFC »
Should KICK IT OUT  look into there Owner Comments

I'd expect they've got significantly bigger issues to focus on than a tit of a chairman shooting his mouth off.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 23, 2019, 10:11:02 am by nortikorner »
I'd expect they've got significantly bigger issues to focus on than a tit of a chairman shooting his mouth off.
were i agree
 the abuse starts some where and no matter how small should be looked into IF OWNERS ARE ALLOWED TO ABUSE PLAYERS WHERE DOES IT STOP

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on September 23, 2019, 10:28:22 am by graingrover »
We have added a huge carbuncle (or is it a tumour)to  our society since we replaced person to person contact with avatar to avatar over the internet .
Sometimes we seek the real person  behind the avatar to try to invoke the normal rules  of society but they will never exist in this cyber society .

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 23, 2019, 11:52:30 am by glosterred »

That’s the difference.

COYR
Keep quiet man you've lost the argument!

I’ll keep quiet when I want to keep quiet man!

COYR

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 23, 2019, 02:03:40 pm by stuey »
"We made Doncaster look like Barcelona"

If only we still had the Viva Rovers flag.........

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on September 23, 2019, 02:29:16 pm by dickos1 »
Don't rate him as a manager and I never did when he was here either. They will sack him if he doesn't do well.

Would've been nice for him to just say we played well. He was clearly desperate to get one over us today, better luck next time Darren.
Changed formations 3 times. The guy hasn’t a clue. Same old same old.
Hasn’t even the decency to give the opposition any credit at all.
‘ I did it my way season after season’.  Square pegs in round holes.
That should be engraved on his tomb stone.

Changing formations during a game is a strength of a side. We used to do it frequently under sod and last season it was apparent in some games.
If you’re struggling then it’s an obvious strength if a side can then adapt into other positions

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on September 23, 2019, 02:40:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Yeah, not sure how changing formation equals not having a clue? I'd be worried if we were getting battered and didn't change up how we were playing.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on September 23, 2019, 02:47:01 pm by dknward2 »
Difference is whenever fergie changes it it never works at least it didn’t with us anyway.

Our new Darren the plan b if needed does or at least get the game back to us

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on September 23, 2019, 02:58:11 pm by pib »
Ferguson said himself: "Why I should have to change formation 3 times is beyond me" so he obviously doesn't think it's that good an idea. The worry would be that he so frequently gets it wrong to start with.

I am being slightly flippant as obviously I get that managers don't always get it right at the start of a game 100% of the time, but I did wonder when he was here if Ferguson knew how to change a game tactically or whether he just had three formations and tried each one til something worked.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on September 23, 2019, 05:44:22 pm by dickos1 »
What he means is you have to resort to changing a formation during a game if things aren’t going to plan.
I would imagine almost all sides work in training at changing systems during a game

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on September 23, 2019, 06:45:49 pm by Jonathan »
Being able to change and adapt the formation and game plan is undoubtedly a strength of any good team.

Being able to recognise when certain players are unable to perform to the best of their ability in an unfamiliar role feels to me like one of Ferguson’s weaknesses.

Ferguson built a good squad. McCann truly got them playing. Although there’s been little continuity in the playing staff, the early signs are that Darrren Moore is quickly learning what works. I’m not entirely convinced that Ferguson ever quite reached that point.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012