Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 07:58:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Coventry City game  (Read 9752 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Coventry City game
« Reply #30 on September 26, 2019, 11:00:46 pm by Alan Southstand »
I hope Dieng keeps his place and with Wright now available, does that mean Daniels has to miss out to make way for Sterling?

After today’s news on where we are, injuries-wise, then it would appear that we may have Wright and Daniels on the bench. The others, I would imagine, will be May, Lawlor, Longbottom, Gomes and 1 more! I say 1 more, because I’m struggling as to who it will be.

Going on the u23 game, I would say nobody staked a claim to be included in the match day squad. Maybe AJ Greaves? It was Kiwomya v Peterborough, but I’m not sure he’ll be fit for Saturday (he looked physically and mentally exhausted on Tuesday night).

Yet again, this underlines how threadbare our squad is - 2 injuries and we’re struggling to make a good, solid 18.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 26, 2019, 11:25:53 pm by drfchound »
Ah, so in the last Coventry squad of 18 players, only five played against us last season.
Not really what I was led to believe then.
I suppose it is still the same club though.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 27, 2019, 12:39:57 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I hope Dieng keeps his place and with Wright now available, does that mean Daniels has to miss out to make way for Sterling?

After today’s news on where we are, injuries-wise, then it would appear that we may have Wright and Daniels on the bench. The others, I would imagine, will be May, Lawlor, Longbottom, Gomes and 1 more! I say 1 more, because I’m struggling as to who it will be.

Going on the u23 game, I would say nobody staked a claim to be included in the match day squad. Maybe AJ Greaves? It was Kiwomya v Peterborough, but I’m not sure he’ll be fit for Saturday (he looked physically and mentally exhausted on Tuesday night).

Yet again, this underlines how threadbare our squad is - 2 injuries and we’re struggling to make a good, solid 18.

Blaney was on the bench for the Posh game so DM might stick with the same, although another option as you said could be A J Greaves if available.

In any case, due to the versatility of the squad I think DM has all bases covered. Daniels came on in midfield v Posh. He could go in the defensive line if necessary as could Wright. If Ennis has a problem then Sadlier could go Central with May flanking etc.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 27, 2019, 05:25:04 am by Alan Southstand »
DBR, I thought Daniels was a cb first and maybe cover for full back, so Blaney would make 3 cb’s on the bench and that’s why I didn’t mention him. With Wright ‘available’, it pushes Blaney down the pecking order. Sterling, supposedly, is not quite ready, so we only have Sadlier or May who can cover Ennis? (This is where we could do with that No9).

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on September 27, 2019, 07:20:19 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
That's why I"m agreeing with you. Longbotham is a forward option though isn't he. Although as you say we could do with another. Whare does A J Greaves play?

Yes, Daniels played a few mins in midfield when he came on v Posh so he can cover if pushed to do so and so could May and Sadlier if required to play deeper.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 27, 2019, 07:42:31 am by Chris Black come back »
Greaves I am pretty sure is midfielder. Heard good things about him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on September 27, 2019, 09:26:22 am by IDM »

What’s the injury news.?  I’ve probably missed that..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 27, 2019, 10:33:54 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

What’s the injury news.?  I’ve probably missed that..

Sterling and Blair out. Sterling on the verge of resuming training and Blair yet to be fully assessed after resting following the injury.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 27, 2019, 11:06:21 am by IDM »
OK thanks..

Looking forward to this one, my first away trip for some time.  Don’t expect a huge crowd as so far they have only had 5.5-7 thousand at “home” games..

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 27, 2019, 11:44:58 am by Reesielad »
How many are we expecting to take?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on September 27, 2019, 12:00:14 pm by IDM »
No idea.. we had just over 1000 tickets originally..

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 27, 2019, 12:22:06 pm by glosterred »
Good job the games a St Andrews tomorrow, don’t think the ball would run to well on that pitch!

COYR

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on September 27, 2019, 01:19:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Marosi in the nets tomorrow.

Get them crosses into the six yard box lads.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 27, 2019, 02:46:20 pm by jackthelad »
I'd take a point I think, but three would be a real sign to the other teams in the division.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 27, 2019, 02:47:05 pm by IDM »
That’s more or less what Coventry fans are saying on their forum..

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 27, 2019, 02:50:49 pm by Reesielad »
I may of missed it, but we can definitely pay on the day? I’d hate to drive there and listen to it outside the ground

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 27, 2019, 03:50:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
AJ Greaves is a combative midfielder but, once again, is vertically challenged! Cody Prior is a year in front of AJ so he could come into the equation. Of the 2, AJ would be my choice.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 27, 2019, 03:53:56 pm by drfchound »
Cody Prior isnt exactly a six footer is he Alan. ;)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 27, 2019, 04:07:34 pm by Alan Southstand »
No he isn’t and there’s not much between them, physicality wise. AJ just edges it for me, for his willingness to put in a good tackle or two!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 27, 2019, 04:24:49 pm by drfchound »
I saw them both for the first time on Tuesday night Alan.
Prior looked very good for the first half but didn't show much after the break whereas AJG seemed to grow into the game and was still getting into tackles right up to the end.
Of the two, I would favour giving Greaves a place.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:37:44 pm by drfchound »

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 27, 2019, 10:32:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
Cody Prior and Rian McLean have gone on loan to Sheffield fc so neither will be available tomorrow.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 27, 2019, 11:10:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
DBR wrote:

Longbotham is a forward option though isn't he.

Yes. On Tuesday night he played in a front 3, alongside Kiwomya and the young triallist. Longbottom overshadowed Kiwomya by some margin, work-rate and desire much in evidence but ‘finishing’ sadly lacking (in all 3).

The lad’s a trier, I’ll give him that, but he’s not going to change a game in our favour, he has some work to put in to get to that level. I certainly don’t think he could replace Ennis, for example. Maybe one of the 3 behind, but that’s it.

I think everyone now agrees, this is the area of the squad that we could do with a couple of good pro’s, one of which would be the No9 that DM desperately wants. The other one we let go to Bristol City!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 28, 2019, 07:22:35 am by Donnywolf »
How many tickets did we shift btw ?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 28, 2019, 07:44:00 am by roversdude »
When I purchased mine on Thursday it was showing as 230 left on website

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on September 28, 2019, 08:28:58 am by IDM »
With roll ups on the day I think we’ll take 800-1000

rsg26

« Reply #55 on September 28, 2019, 09:56:43 am by rsg26 »
Stats show a home win, but I reckon we will sneak a draw. 1-1 - https://www.betseven.net/football-betting-tips/english-league-one/coventry-vs-doncaster/

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 28, 2019, 12:25:11 pm by Reesielad »
With roll ups on the day I think we’ll take 800-1000

I haven’t got a ticket but going down today +1

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on September 28, 2019, 01:49:17 pm by sha66y »
A nice little 1-3 Ennis , Anderson and Sadlier ending the tie before the 80th minute...
( one can enjoy this cigarette moment until 3 )

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 28, 2019, 01:57:28 pm by dknward2 »
Liam hoden reporting interesting news coming up hope it's not a load of injuries. If it is we should just cancel ala Bolton

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 28, 2019, 02:04:34 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
John dropped. Daniels comes in.

Must be injured as he's not on the bench and we've only got 4 loans in our squad.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 02:10:31 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012