Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 02:15:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton  (Read 13280 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Bolton
« on September 25, 2019, 12:50:46 pm by Campsall rover »
What’s happening. Nothing it would seem.
What’s taking so long? I can’t believe the EFL has’nt sorted this yet.
Unbelievable.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

southwestexile

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton
« Reply #1 on September 25, 2019, 01:32:59 pm by southwestexile »
I’d heard the government Brexit negotiators were sorting it out as a cash in hand job

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 25, 2019, 01:33:53 pm by since-1969 »
We mean nothing to the Efl . We will have to replay the match at a mutually agreed date . The Efl will deduct 12 further points when it is established that Bolton’s relegation will occur as a result . 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 25, 2019, 01:55:11 pm by IDM »
I’m sorry but that “we mean nothing to the EFL” is a pointless argument.  We have an equal stature with the EFL as other members at the same level, until actions prove otherwise.

That the EFL hasn’t acted yet isn’t indicative of the perception they have of DRFC.

But yes, it is frustrating that this is still unresolved.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 25, 2019, 01:56:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Do we need any more on this? 13 or 14 pages not so long ago with people just going round in circles complaining to nobody about it.

It will get sorted. They never put a deadline on it but it will obviously be resolved at some stage this season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 25, 2019, 02:07:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Do we need any more on this? 13 or 14 pages not so long ago with people just going round in circles complaining to nobody about it.

It will get sorted. They never put a deadline on it but it will obviously be resolved at some stage this season.
So your happy with the situation?
Complaining to no one. What do you mean. Some of us have E mailed the EFL and all we are getting back is “No Comment”  sorry Alias it’s not acceptable. So if come March they decide we have got to play the game then that’s acceptable to you is it?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 25, 2019, 02:13:20 pm by Metalmicky »

Complaining to no one. What do you mean. Some of us have E mailed the EFL and all we are getting back is “No Comment” sorry Alias it’s not acceptable. So if come March they decide we have got to play the game then that’s acceptable to you is it?

I think you have answered yourself there...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 02:16:05 pm by Metalmicky »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 25, 2019, 02:17:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Complaining to no one. What do you mean. Some of us have E mailed the EFL and all we are getting back is “No Comment”  sorry Alias it’s not acceptable. So if come March they decide we have got to play the game then that’s acceptable to you is it?

He's not saying he's happy with it is he! None of us are. If you go back to the previous thread then you'll be aware it's a matter for an Independant Disciplinary Commision not the EFL to make the decision. When this will happen we don't know but starting another thread or individual emails being sent to the EFL is not likely to help.

I'm sure the club will be monitoring this and will take whatever steps they think are justified. I trust the club not to let this go.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2019, 02:31:07 pm by South East Rover »
I think Rovers are not pushing for a replay date as they would prefer having the 3 points awarded instead of playing the game.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 25, 2019, 02:45:39 pm by RoversAlias »
Campsall, Baz has said all I'd want to in a reply above. I never said I was happy with it, I'm not, but all this going on about it does nothing and I'd like to hope, a month on, that people are tired of going around in circles saying the same things to each other.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 25, 2019, 03:12:49 pm by Alan Southstand »
And that’s exactly what the EFL want you to do! Forget all about it and then they’ll just quietly add the fixture in at some point to suit everyone except us.

No replay for me. I want 3 points and a 5-0 scoreline and nothing less.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 25, 2019, 04:22:30 pm by Reesielad »

I really hope Bolton don’t beat the drop this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 25, 2019, 04:39:18 pm by drfchound »
There is no chance of them staying up.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 25, 2019, 04:52:06 pm by the vicar »
We should all know the EFL will have to make sure they can get together enough old farts to form an independent disciplinary panel

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 25, 2019, 05:04:23 pm by IDM »
Let us know when you get your invite then, eh vicar.?? ;)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 25, 2019, 05:17:33 pm by the vicar »
Ha ha ha I'm old enough lol

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 25, 2019, 05:34:25 pm by RoversAlias »
And that’s exactly what the EFL want you to do! Forget all about it and then they’ll just quietly add the fixture in at some point to suit everyone except us.

Let's be real, Alan. What I do or feel makes not one jot of difference to this process. Not your opinion nor anyone else's on this forum. I hope Gavin/the club's views are properly taken into account but outside of the clubs and the EFL, nothing we think or feel about it will make any difference.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 25, 2019, 05:41:53 pm by RedJ »

I really hope Bolton don’t beat the drop this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f**king cretin. Horrible set of Kitsons, their fan base.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 25, 2019, 05:45:10 pm by since-1969 »
I’m sorry but that “we mean nothing to the EFL” is a pointless argument.  We have an equal stature with the EFL as other members at the same level, until actions prove otherwise.

That the EFL hasn’t acted yet isn’t indicative of the perception they have of DRFC.

But yes, it is frustrating that this is still unresolved.
” We mean nothing to the Efl “
This is self evident as they have refused to acknowledge any attempt to resolve the cancellation of our fixture with little or notice and outside of any rule permitting such cancellations. In ignoring our attempts to clarification has left Rovers in a ‘no place to go’ position as the excuses given were that they wanted Bolton’s take over to succeed and resulting players recruitment to begin leaving Rovers at a distinctive disadvantage as prior results have shown .   

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 25, 2019, 05:57:44 pm by RedJ »
They've referred it to an independent body, what do you want them to do, ring them every day asking if they've decided yet? It's a shit show the way they've handled it but at the moment the ball isn't in their court.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 25, 2019, 09:16:53 pm by Campsall rover »

That’s exactly what they want Alan. The longer they leave it the more they think it will get swept under the carpet and forgotten about. Then they will add the fixture late in the season.
It’s not acceptable imo and i hope Rovers are going to fight all the way to get the game awarded in their favour.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 25, 2019, 10:37:30 pm by drfchound »
The BBC website says there is a meeting of the remaining 71 EFL clubs tomorrow in Milton Keynes.
Bury have put in a request to have their expulsion overturned and for them to be admitted to L2 next season.

I wonder whether they will get round to discussing what to do about the match cancellation by Bolton?

Perhaps the independent body have finally get round to giving an opinion.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 25, 2019, 11:07:39 pm by the vicar »
It is nothing to do with the efl meeting as it is to go to a independent tribunal

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 25, 2019, 11:56:04 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I see Ali Crawford has been drinking the Bolton water:

you can’t have those kids playing three games in a week

Is a week 8 days over there? They played the 10th, 13th, 17th, 24th, 31st. Our game would have been on the 20th. In any 7 day period in that, even including our game, there were only 2 matches.

That's, "can't have those kids playng two matches in a week", Ali. Feckin Bolton crocodile tears.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 26, 2019, 10:05:37 am by drfchound »
I see Ali Crawford has been drinking the Bolton water:

you can’t have those kids playing three games in a week

Is a week 8 days over there? They played the 10th, 13th, 17th, 24th, 31st. Our game would have been on the 20th. In any 7 day period in that, even including our game, there were only 2 matches.

That's, "can't have those kids playng two matches in a week", Ali. Feckin Bolton crocodile tears.

I wrote something similar to that (about the 8 day week) on another thread BRR.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 26, 2019, 10:07:31 am by drfchound »
It is nothing to do with the efl meeting as it is to go to a independent tribunal

I know vicar, I said so in my post.
I was wondering whether they had decided anything yet.
After all they have had plenty of time.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 26, 2019, 10:16:02 am by idler »
The 8 day week sounds like a Tory plan for the workers.🤔

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 26, 2019, 11:37:38 am by the vicar »

I know vicar, I said so in my post.
I was wondering whether they had decided anything yet.
After all they have had plenty of time.
They have had far to long over 5 weeks, if you performed like this at work you would get the sack, we should say you have got 2 weeks to sort it out or we will take it to a higher body

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 26, 2019, 12:05:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I still don't understand why the EFL need an independant body to review. Aren't they independent!? not like Bolton are been asked to review and come up with a decision. it should be straight forward 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 26, 2019, 12:11:41 pm by drfchound »
I couldn’t agree more.
Are the EFL incapable of deciding something for themselves?
It isn’t as if they are deciding on something like life or death.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012