Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 10:01:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tory policies  (Read 11413 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Re: Tory policies
« Reply #90 on December 03, 2019, 04:23:26 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
  The only thing most Labour politicians are bothered about is themselves and their expense sheet.

Selby, as a matter of interest, what is it about the Tories that makes you feel that they’re the best option for the country?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 03, 2019, 04:29:31 pm by keith79 »
I can not wait to start shopping around for health insurance. Said no one ever

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 03, 2019, 08:03:56 pm by drfchound »
Farage said on the bbc breakfast programme that people should never trust a career politician from any party as they will make promises that they won’t keep.
Now where did I see “they are all the same” written.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on December 03, 2019, 08:56:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes but that's markedly different from what Farage has done all his life. Which is to make promises he has no intention of keeping.

You see the difference?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on December 03, 2019, 09:40:51 pm by drfchound »
Yes I see the difference that you are implying.
However it COULD apply to lots of others too.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 03, 2019, 09:50:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Go on.

Give me some examples from before the last few years of politicians making promises in manifestos that they had no intention of keeping.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 03, 2019, 09:53:56 pm by drfchound »
But how could I do that.
How could I know what they were thinking when they made their promises.
No one could know.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on December 03, 2019, 10:07:59 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Go on.

Give me some examples from before the last few years of politicians making promises in manifestos that they had no intention of keeping.

Labour 2017 - we will honour the referendum result and deliver Brexit?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on December 03, 2019, 10:15:12 pm by SydneyRover »
Go on.

Labour 2017 - we will honour the referendum result and deliver Brexit?

I suppose they may have thought that it was an honest process, if one wants honesty in politics then the vote doesn't stack up, of course one could just use the result because it supports what they want regardless of how it was manufactured.

Is that you bfyp?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on December 03, 2019, 10:15:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And they would have if May had been prepared to consider a deal that they could have signed up to.

What you are saying, is that because they didn't sign up to a deal which was FAR harder and more destructive of economic strength, workers' rights and environmental regulations than ANYTHING discussed in 2016, they are liars.

I'll guarantee you Corbyn would have signed up to A Brexit in 2017, if a sensible soft Brexit had been available. He's wanted Brexit all his life and from a pragmatic point of view, Brexit is a toxic issue for Corbyn,as we've seen this year.

The fact that he was utterly unable to sign up to the Brexit May agreed does not mean he was lying in 2017.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 03, 2019, 10:22:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound. Then Farage is talking b*llocks again, and I'm surprised at you for repeating it.

For the record, a recent academic study (more objective facts SS - you might want to turn off now) has found that British politicians are the best in the world at keeping their manifesto promises.

See the first and second tweets in this thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ProfTimBale/status/1201764187501936640

Frankly, it does my f**king head in when people just tut-tut and sagely say, "Oh they just say anything to get elected". We have had, by international standards, one of THE best functioning and honest Parliament's in the world. It IS slipping now. If it does slip, the ones who will be to blame are those (and yes, they are predominantly old) who think they are being wise when they parrot that  bullshit about all politicians being liars who are in it for themselves.

When you hear POLITICIANS saying that, like that bas**rd Farage has done, ask yourself what they have to gain by deceiving you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:33:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on December 03, 2019, 10:29:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Corbyn's just a protester. He'll even protest against what he believes in to get in power.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on December 04, 2019, 08:59:00 pm by albie »
OK....this is a bit of a shocker, but a pattern is emerging now;
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-climate-change-debate-tory-lewes-nancy-bikson-maria-caulfield-a9232051.html

So the best way to address an existential threat like climate change, the most important question across all societies going forward, is to run away.

The "climb on the bins and scramble over the fence" policy seems not to have made it into the Tory manifesto...I wonder why not?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on December 04, 2019, 10:15:41 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Corbyn's just a protester. He'll even protest against what he believes in to get in power.

Aye, protesting against the Bedroom Tax, Closure of Sure Start Children’s Centres, the introduction of Universal Credit...what a shithouse eh?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on December 04, 2019, 10:32:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So.

Remember the "40 new hospitals" line that Johnson has repeatedly lied about?

Remember how it was actually SIX new hospitals, with the other 34 being Trusts who were getting a bit of small change to start thinking about planning to maybe work up a bid for more funding in the distant future?

You remember?

You remember how Johnson lied to you about that? Repeatedly.

Turns out to look like the actual number of new hospitals is ZERO. The six "new" ones are actually redevelopments of existing ones.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/50579557

Remember what Goebbels said?

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Every one of you who just shrug your shoulders at lying on this scale, who say "they're all at it" when no-one in living memory has lied in British politics like this.

You are responsible if a liar like this ends up running the country. Just own that fact.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on December 05, 2019, 12:19:36 am by SydneyRover »
If the UK crashes out of the EU it will be how many of the hospitals there are now can we do without.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on December 05, 2019, 09:25:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Big splash today!

Tories Will Cut Your Taxes If Elected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50666262

It works out at 23p per day.

They do say that every party runs out of ideas of what the hell to do after a decade in Govt...

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on December 05, 2019, 10:01:45 am by Bentley Bullet »

Aye, protesting against the Bedroom Tax, Closure of Sure Start Children’s Centres, the introduction of Universal Credit...what a shithouse eh?

We can all be brilliant at protesting about that, along with everything that's unpopular, but it doesn't make us worthy Prime Ministers.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on December 05, 2019, 10:06:04 am by Not Now Kato »

We can all be brilliant at protesting about that, along with everything that's unpopular, but it doesn't make us worthy Prime Ministers.

So openly lying and cheating does in your book BB?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on December 05, 2019, 10:07:35 am by Bentley Bullet »
No, it doesn't. Does it you?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on December 05, 2019, 10:27:05 am by Not Now Kato »
No, it doesn't. Does it you?

Of course not, which is why I find it most odd that some people continue to defend Johnson and put aside his continuous outright lies when thinking about our next Prime Minister.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on December 05, 2019, 10:41:01 am by Bentley Bullet »
Corbyn isn't immune to the odd lie either, and when you consider his alleged support of the IRA and his soft spot for extremists, not to mention the suggestion of anti-semitism, it's not so odd why some people continue to support Boris as the better of two evils.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:43:13 am by Bentley Bullet »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on December 05, 2019, 10:48:58 am by Not Now Kato »
Corbyn isn't immune to the odd lie either, and when you consider his alleged support of the IRA and his soft spot for extremists, not to mention the suggestion of anti-semitism, it's not so odd why some people continue to support Boris as the better of two evils.

Odd lie as opposed to outright and continuous lies?  Alleged and Suggested, as opposed to proven?  It's clear to see how some people are easily manipulated.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on December 05, 2019, 11:24:34 am by Bentley Bullet »
Some of Corbyn's odd lies are outright and continuous, like his insistence that no one earning less than £80k will be taxed more.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on December 05, 2019, 11:27:25 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Still going on about Corbyn being anti-Semitic BB?

Who has ever come up with a shred of evidence about that?

Here is is almost breaking into tears, remembering his mother's role in the Battle of Cable Street, against Oswald Moseley's fascists who were trying to attack Jews.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D1Qj-wtH5CBc&ved=2ahUKEwiyuu39sp7mAhW1oXEKHQ93A3QQwqsBMAB6BAgGEAQ&usg=AOvVaw2lFGsQJ7WQAd22iNC5Fkca

By the way, the Daily Mail supported Moseley. Some racists never change their spots.

The whole attempt to paint Corbyn as anti-Semitic is the biggest Establishment stitch up of an Election since the Zinoviev Letter.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 11:29:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on December 05, 2019, 11:28:48 am by Bentley Bullet »
Read my post BST and get back to me with an apology.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on December 05, 2019, 11:34:19 am by DonnyOsmond »
JOHNSON DICTIONARY latest:
Working class men = “drunk, criminal, feckless”
Kids of single mothers = “ill-raised, ignorant, aggressive, illegitimate”
Muslim women = “like letterboxes”
Black people = “piccaninnies"
Gay men = “tank-topped bum boys"
Great British public = can’t spell

But this guy gets off with a free pass because Corbyn "may" be anti-semitic.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on December 05, 2019, 11:40:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I read it BB.

You're still pushing the line linking Corbyn with anti-Semitism.

If you clearly and unequivocally say that YOU don't believe it, I'll happily apologise.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on December 05, 2019, 11:43:14 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Big splash today!

Tories Will Cut Your Taxes If Elected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50666262

It works out at 23p per day.

They do say that every party runs out of ideas of what the hell to do after a decade in Govt...

The headline of a tax cut is utterly pointless, the actual alignment of the rates etc is 100% correct but a tax cut of this size is pointless.  I don't agree with tax rises, but I don't see the point in a a cut of this size, it adds nothing.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on December 05, 2019, 11:51:46 am by Bentley Bullet »

I read it BB.

You're still pushing the line linking Corbyn with anti-Semitism.

If you clearly and unequivocally say that YOU don't believe it, I'll happily apologise.

I'm not pushing the line linking Corbyn with anti-semitism. I'm pointing out that many voters are. Personally, I take his word for it that he is not anti-Semitic.

It's not only Corbyn's alleged anti-Semitism that puts people off voting for him, though. There is also his much-publicised support of the IRA and his soft spot for extremists that put some voters off him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012