Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 08:06:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What People Are Sick Of  (Read 3041 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
What People Are Sick Of
« on December 13, 2019, 11:14:09 am by Bentley Bullet »
Watching Channel 4's 'Alternative Election Night' for the few minutes I could stomach, is, in my opinion, the type of standard behaviour nowadays that encouraged the country to vote the way it did.

Obnoxious lefty populist Nish Kumar, and even Robert Rinder jumping on the populist bandwagon by sucking up to a lefty loaded audience, along with foul-mouthed Jimmy Carr being encouraged by what sounded like squealing pre-pubescent schoolgirls in the audience, play a big BIG part in the vast majority of the public not wanting to be on the same side as them.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: What People Are Sick Of
« Reply #1 on December 13, 2019, 11:18:35 am by Ldr »
This is why corbyn wanted the voting age at 16, the grown ups dont tend to back him

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 13, 2019, 11:22:16 am by glosterred »
Didn’t watch it so cannot comment on it, but I did see Steve Coogan and Hugh Grant appear on TV and talk down to the electorate telling them to vote Labour, treating the, as though they were thick. Well none of that encouraged me to vote Labour, in fact it had the opposite affect.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 13, 2019, 11:33:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
As long as the Labour party is out of touch with reality regarding the vast majority of public opinion, they will continue to celebrate such arsehole supporters as those on display on Channel 4 last night.

It's the same with Programmes like Have I Got News For You as part of BBC propaganda, it has an opposite effect.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 06:40:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 13, 2019, 11:42:43 am by Herbert Anchovy »
If you’d have watched the BBC coverage you’d have seen Laura Kuensberg, Andrew Neil and Nick Robinson. They barely disguise their right wing support and they’re meant to be impartial!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2019, 12:00:36 pm by Filo »
If you’d have watched the BBC coverage you’d have seen Laura Kuensberg, Andrew Neil and Nick Robinson. They barely disguise their right wing support and they’re meant to be impartial!

Kuensberg had wet knickers the moment the exit poll was announced

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2019, 12:35:33 pm by pib »
If you vote against a party based on people you don't like on TV supporting them, you need to have a long look at yourself.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 13, 2019, 12:40:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So why watch it? It's appealing to a demographic that is not you. Just as Johnson appealed to a demographic that wasn't them.

We need a lot more understanding on all sides if we're going to heal this rift.

Whatever you on the right do, don't take this as an absolute vindication. The Tories and BP played it brilliantly tactically and I take my hat off to them on that. They won the seats, but they haven't persuaded more than half of the country. If you keep chucking barbs, you're the problem, not the solution. That applies to both sides. But ways and every time, it applies more to the side that won.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 13, 2019, 12:48:32 pm by IDM »
I’ve said this a few times today, the Tories won by default because labour lost votes to the other parties, but in terms of votes (not seats) the Tories didn’t gain much.

It’s a big red own goal..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 13, 2019, 12:52:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Precisely IDM. See my "John Curtis" post.

Johnson claims to be a One Nation Tory. Let's see if he means it, because this win is a combination of incompetent opposition and concentrated English nationalism. If he plays to those factors, we are in for a rocky ride. If he genuinely wants to unite the country, he needs to govern in a very different way to how he's campaigned.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 13, 2019, 12:53:08 pm by coventryrover »
Bb you are kidding me.     Standing against  race targeting language isnt a lefty thing.....its the only right thing that should be done

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 13, 2019, 01:03:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I think the word "Some" is missing from the header.

Both sides have a responsibility to reflect on that.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 13, 2019, 01:08:38 pm by Campsall rover »
That’s rubbish Herbert. This Tory government are centre right.
No more.
As for biased commentators that’s also none sense.
They have been nothing but impartial all the way through this election campaign.
They have given both sides an equal grilling.

They sounded up beat because of the shock they had to convey to the viewers of the sheer scale of seats that were changing hands.

The problem is Labour has moved so far left which makes the Tory’s look more right than they are.

Many Labour supporters can’t see it and don’t seem to want an electable leader.
Until Labour move to the centre ground they will remain as the opposition.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:18:24 pm by Campsall rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 13, 2019, 01:11:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Campsall.

As it stands today, I'm afraid you're deluded. The centrist wing of the Tory party has gone. Never under Thatcher did people as far right as Patel and Raab get to the highest offices. Not remotely close.

Johnson might surprise us and move to the centre. But this is by a long way the most right wing cohort of senior Tories since the War. By a long, long, long way.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 13, 2019, 01:16:48 pm by wing commander »
  It wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what Boris will do..He used leave, as his platform to further his career I think that's a given..Now he has this large majority he doesn't need to bow down to the ERG to the same extent,so I am hoping he will move the party back to right of centre it's natural home..

I guess only time will tell on that point..

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 13, 2019, 01:20:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He might WC.

But remember, he's already forced the most senior centre-Right people out if his party. That's unprecedented in modern times.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 13, 2019, 01:27:55 pm by Campsall rover »
  It wouldn't surprise me if that's exactly what Boris will do..He used leave, as his platform to further his career I think that's a given..Now he has this large majority he doesn't need to bow down to the ERG to the same extent,so I am hoping he will move the party back to right of centre it's natural home..

I guess only time will tell on that point..
To me it’s never moved from Centre right.  All depends where you draw your lines doesn’t it.

Every party has MP’s that are more to the left or right.

Unfortunately the reason the Labour Party are doing so badly is they don’t understand the electorate they think they represent are not the same as 30+ years ago.

Most of them are working, 2 incomes coming into the home. 1 or 2 cars on the drive. They don’t want left wing policies any more. The landscape has changed. It’s 2019

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 01:35:14 pm by Campsall rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 13, 2019, 01:40:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Campsall then how do you explain Clarke, Rudd, Greening, Gaulke, Grieve, Gyimah and many more being forced out?

How do you explain Raab as Foreign Secretary when Thatcher had Carrington, Pym, Hurd and Major. Those 4 would have been kicked out by Johnson.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 13, 2019, 01:47:32 pm by wing commander »
Most of those were forced out because they were staunch remain and there wasn't a brexit deal they would have voted through..

The bottom line is we don't know until it settles down,however there is a lot more hope for a medium brexit deal with a Tory majority how it is today than if they were say only carrying 10-20 seats..The ERG would have stopped it in its tracks..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 13, 2019, 01:52:50 pm by Filo »
Talking of the ERG, have they unchained Rees-Mogg yet?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 13, 2019, 01:54:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Campsall then how do you explain Clarke, Rudd, Greening, Gaulke, Grieve, Gyimah and many more being forced out?

How do you explain Raab as Foreign Secretary when Thatcher had Carrington, Pym, Hurd and Major. Those 4 would have been kicked out by Johnson.

He wanted to get Brexit done. Presumably that’s the answer. Better ask him.

What i think though is Boris is going to surprise you.
He is much more to the centre than you think.
Because he wants Brexit doesn’t make him right wing. 
If he is then what does that makes Farage.
You must think he is a on par with the BNP

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 13, 2019, 01:55:49 pm by Copps is Magic »
Obnoxious lefty populist Nish Kumar, and even Robert Rinder jumping on the populist bandwagon by sucking up to a lefty loaded audience, along with foul-mouthed Jimmy Carr being encouraged by what sounded like squealing pre-pubescent schoolgirls in the audience, play a big BIG part in the vast majority of the public not wanting to be on the same side as them.

Is that honestly what makes you angry? A group of teengage girls? ... and not, you know, some matter of substance in the real world?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 13, 2019, 02:06:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You're changing the argument now Campsall.

We were talking about how far to the right the current Tory party is.

The fact is that Raab and Patel are as far to the right of Major, Pym, Carrington, Whitelaw and Hurd who did their jobs under Thatcher as those 5 are to the right of Kier Starmer. That's not even up for debate. Those 5 were centre-Right internationalist One Nation Tories. Raab and Patel are from the furthest right edges of the Tory party and are fervent English Nationalists.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 13, 2019, 02:24:00 pm by Ldr »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 13, 2019, 02:36:26 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
That’s rubbish Herbert. This Tory government are centre right.
No more.
As for biased commentators that’s also none sense.
They have been nothing but impartial all the way through this election campaign.
They have given both sides an equal grilling.

They sounded up beat because of the shock they had to convey to the viewers of the sheer scale of seats that were changing hands.

The problem is Labour has moved so far left which makes the Tory’s look more right than they are.

Many Labour supporters can’t see it and don’t seem to want an electable leader.
Until Labour move to the centre ground they will remain as the opposition.

Centre Right? Do you honestly believe that Sajid Javid, Jacob Rees Mogg, Priti Patel, Dominic Raab and Michael Gove are ‘Centre right’? Thatcherites, Libertarians and No Deal Brexiteers make up most of the cabinet. Hardly centre right.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 13, 2019, 04:29:14 pm by scawsby steve »
I've just seen an interview with David Lammy. He said "I've known Boris for a long time, and he's capable of moving to the centre".

He was suggesting that once Brexit's sorted, Boris's policies might move more towards the centre ground.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 13, 2019, 04:34:43 pm by Copps is Magic »
I've just seen an interview with David Lammy. He said "I've known Boris for a long time, and he's capable of moving to the centre".

He was suggesting that once Brexit's sorted, Boris's policies might move more towards the centre ground.

You would hope Steve, would you not, that all the new-found Doncaster conservative voters will now be holding him to account on that? Instead of worrying about what is on the telly.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 13, 2019, 04:46:17 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

I’d hope so Steve. He has a lot of work to do. Those people in Donny who voted for him need to keep an eye on his actions.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 13, 2019, 05:06:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Is that honestly what makes you angry? A group of teengage girls? ... and not, you know, some matter of substance in the real world?

Angry? Not in the slightest! I find it more pathetic that that is the best they can do in their support of the Labour party.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 13, 2019, 10:42:13 pm by Ldr »
Brits living abroad who think their opinions about a country they have chosen to abandon count

TinyPortal © 2005-2012